IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

I don't understand why Ben and Jessa are speaking at a homeschool conference? Do they really have so much wisdom on the subject to impart to parents? And how the hell are they the Keynote Speakers??

They were homeschooled and they turned out great! Well, in their circles' eyes. Jessa stayed a virgin and Ben is hardcore Christian. They're gonna have all the babies. This is what a lot of people want for their kids. This is success. So they are there to show how well homeschooling works.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be it, and my mother DID make the tuna salad in a mold... of a fish. It was a huge thing, and there was so much of it, and it really was.... awful, but we had to finish it or starve.. Small world! :lol:

ETA: and by "starve", I mean: kids are always hungry; my mother wasn't going to waste such a big thing; and we were getting nothing else until it was gone.

That same Tuna salad made its way to Aus too. My mum used to make it. My dad hid the mold (really well I might add) that my mum didn't find it until they moved and no longer had any desire to make it. Dad and I were not fans of it! 8-)

They were homeschooled and they turned out great! Well, in their circles' eyes. Jessa stayed a virgin and Ben is hardcore Christian. They're gonna have all the babies. This is what a lot of people want for their kids. This is success. So they are there to show how well homeschooling works.

It's not exactly difficult to remain a virgin if your parents won't even let you be alone with a guy.

They aren't actually setting the bar at all high.

I had a relative that would make that concoction, nobody would eat it. :ew:

My grandmother makes a version with lime jello with pineapple shreds, on a bed of iceburg lettuce, with mayonnaise on top. When she served it, I nearly vomited.

Video

Bin has thoughts on racism yall. I never heard racism used as an argument against evolution

Props to this ladies comment:

"You don't have any idea of the problems, Ben. You are insulated from this serious issue that cannot be reduced and simplified to a bible verse. You do not have the experience or historical/political knowledge, especially as a white, southern, boy(not really an adult to lead youth, you are the youth), to attempt to analyze it."

Of course the leg humpers think otherwise

They spoke at a homeschool conference yesterday. Pic:

iconosquare.com/p/1042724887547349314_1822033585

centralarkansashomeschoolconvention.org

The link's not working for me. Did OP pull it?

I don't understand why Ben and Jessa are speaking at a homeschool conference? Do they really have so much wisdom on the subject to impart to parents? And how the hell are they the Keynote Speakers??

Apparently all you have to do is apply.

centralarkansashomeschoolconvention.org/index.php/workshops/speaker-application

I haven't watched the video, but there is in fact a long and sordid history of racism tied to conceptions of evolution/Darwinism. In the 19th and 20th centuries many used the theory of evolution as justification for racism, racist social and political policies, eugenics, etc. But much like religion, it's not the theory of evolution itself that causes the problems, rather the ways people use it and twist it for their own sick means.

I haven't watched the video, but there is in fact a long and sordid history of racism tied to conceptions of evolution/Darwinism. In the 19th and 20th centuries many used the theory of evolution as justification for racism, racist social and political policies, eugenics, etc. But much like religion, it's not the theory of evolution itself that causes the problems, rather the ways people use it and twist it for their own sick means.

I've heard evolution used as a justification for racism. I was referring to Ben saying the link between evolution and racism is a reason why evolution is nonsense.

I've heard evolution used as a justification for racism. I was referring to Ben saying the link between evolution and racism is a reason why evolution is nonsense.

Yeah, I know... read the last sentence of my comment. :)

FWIW, I believe that Jessa did do a fair amount of homeschooling for her younger siblings, taking over when Josie was born, and I assume not stopping until she was married.

That being said, I am not suggesting that they should be keynote speakers! Just that it's less inappropriate than some of her other speaking engagements.

I had a relative that would make that concoction, nobody would eat it. :ew:

Oh, jello!

I make a jello mold salad that my great grandmother often made...

Lime jello, celery, cranberries (fresh), crushed pineapple and walnuts.

My husband and kids love it! I could live off it! My in-laws are scared by it...and some of the southern recipes I grew up eating.

Anybody else put chopped hard boiled eggs in turkey gravy?

Probably just my family lol

Also hilarious, the "vegetarian chili" whose first ingredient is a pound of beef.

I have a N.Y. Times Vegetarian Cookbook from the '80s. Most are legit but one recipe is for Fruit Bat Soup. And yes, it requires 2 cleaned Fruit Bats. I never made it because I didn't know how to source said bats, oh and the other obvious reason.

FWIW, I believe that Jessa did do a fair amount of homeschooling for her younger siblings, taking over when Josie was born, and I assume not stopping until she was married.

That being said, I am not suggesting that they should be keynote speakers! Just that it's less inappropriate than some of her other speaking engagements.

If Jessa did a lot of the homeschooling then why was James at 13 years old still learning the times table...? :(

Also, fat good their homeschool education did for them when they're both unemployed and living off Jim-daddy & TLC money. I guess that will be their "sage advice" for the other homeschoolers - pray that one day they too become famous so they could go on tour like Benessa talking about how great it is...to be them.

There was a variant of this in our old church cookbook: lime jello, cucumbers, onion, cottage cheese and mayonnaise. :puke-front:

My aunt used to make this all the time for potlucks and family dinners. Finally my uncle (her brother) told her to stop because nobody liked it.

If Jessa did a lot of the homeschooling then why was James at 13 years old still learning the times table...? :(

Also, fat good their homeschool education did for them when they're both unemployed and living off Jim-daddy & TLC money. I guess that will be their "sage advice" for the other homeschoolers - pray that one day they too become famous so they could go on tour like Benessa talking about how great it is...to be them.

I can’t fault Jessa too much on this.

She was allocated the role of homeschooler when Mullet thought it was appropriate for her to take over (i.e. she was too lazy to do it herself and needs more time to make babies…)

Jessa is able to keep the kids in line and the organized one. Regardless of those two traits, she was homeschooled herself (by someone who was not qualified to be homeschooling) meaning she did not get the education she deserved. So when she had to suddenly take over and school many children of different ages with no actual training herself; it doesn’t surprise me James is still learning times tables.

Lastly, she’d have no idea what learning milestones each child needed to hit and when.

SOTDRT is NOT schooling – there are genuine homeschoolers out there who do a great job; the Duggars and leg humpers of ATI are not these people.

I have a N.Y. Times Vegetarian Cookbook from the '80s. Most are legit but one recipe is for Fruit Bat Soup. And yes, it requires 2 cleaned Fruit Bats. I never made it because I didn't know how to source said bats, oh and the other obvious reason.

OH MY GOD :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :penguin-no: :disgust: :disgust: :disgust:

I know where you can get bats in season. We've got plenty of 'em down here in Texas. Of course, you have to send the bodies out to get tested for rabies first, but if you do, the center of disease control won't send them back. They're really inconsiderate like that. Makes it hard to serve up a nice, hearty bat-dish for the family on a Sunday after church.

Did anyone see Ben's post about having his siblings over? $30,000 worth of wedding presents, and they are eating pizza on paper plates. Sigh.

Archived