IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

based on the garish pink paint in the background I sort of wonder if it was taken at Joshie's new digs. (I seem to recall some horrific pink paint in a couple of the bedrooms there).

I'm pretty sure it's the Bate's closet and laundry room.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure it's the Bate's closet and laundry room.

Interesting. Wherever she is, it's an odd background choice for a picture.

I agree that she looks a little different, but I can't pinpoint it. Fuller face perhaps? Either way, I think she looks pretty good. And the belly picture is a refreshing change from "EVERYONE BUT ME IS GOING TO HELL GUYS! I SAY BITCHY THINGS BECAUSE I CARE"

I was told by a good friend's mother from another country that carrying a girl makes your nose get bigger and wider. I was pregnant with a girl when she told me that. She said she'd never believed it before, but looking at me, she now thought the saying true. :pink-shock: The things people say to pregnant women...

I'm wondering about InTouch. Are they still investigating, or are the other details relatively minor, or....? The silence is deafening.

Have you ever been pregnant? Before I ever had a kid, the idea of a human being living inside my body was seriously the creepiest thing ever. I was terrified that every time the kid kicked my skin may crawl. Thankfully, once it happened, it wasn't too bad. I mean, it's still creepy when I think about it. But at the time it wasn't too bad. I even have one of those belly videos...though it was just for me. I didn't post it anywhere.

Nope, I haven't, maybe that's why. :lol: Perhaps I'll feel differently if I'm ever on the other side of it, but as a bystander, it's one of those things I'm both amazed and a little scared of. :shrug:

Nope, I haven't, maybe that's why. :lol: Perhaps I'll feel differently if I'm ever on the other side of it, but as a bystander, it's one of those things I'm both amazed and a little scared of. :shrug:

It's funny because now that it's been 2 years since I was pregnant, it's starting to seem creepy again. Sometimes it hard to believe I went through it and didn't freak out (too much.) I've just never been one of those "pregnancy and childbirth are so beautiful" people.

I think she looks like a pregnant woman who has had her entire life turned upside down and put through the wringer by a bunch of vultures.

And yea, there must be some weird agenda if a pregnant woman posts a selfie or points out the baby is sucking it's thumb in the ultrasound. :roll:

The Duggars are clearly in damage control right now and Jessa is playing right along with it. In my mind, that = agenda. You think it’s a coincidence that her and Jill started posting on social media right around the same time People wrote bunch of PR spin about how the girls are looking forward to a “life of normalcy†(in the public eye)?

And yes, I AM going to call out Jessa specifically because I’m tired of Jill being the only one to get a bad rap around here. When Jill posts a baby photo, she’s being exploitive because she's an attention hog. But it's ok for Jessa to post as many selfies as she wants because that’s just Jessa? Huh? Excuse me for thinking there’s a double standard but I’m genuinely confused why one person gets a pass while the other doesn’t. Is it because Jessa is seen as “different†from her family so that’s supposed to mean she’s somehow “better� Even though she shares the same extreme, hateful views as her parents, just in a more bitchy package? I think Jessa is an attention-whore like the rest of her family. She is NOT the private person like she (or others) pretends she is. I find her very manipulative and hypocritical.

The Duggars are clearly in damage control right now and Jessa is playing right along with it. In my mind, that = agenda. You think it’s a coincidence that her and Jill started posting on social media right around the same time People wrote bunch of PR spin about how the girls are looking forward to a “life of normalcy†(in the public eye)?

And yes, I AM going to call out Jessa specifically because I’m tired of Jill being the only one to get a bad rap around here. When Jill posts a baby photo, she’s being exploitive because she's an attention hog. But it's ok for Jessa to post as many selfies as she wants because that’s just Jessa? Huh? Excuse me for thinking there’s a double standard but I’m genuinely confused why one person gets a pass while the other doesn’t. Is it because Jessa is seen as “different†from her family so that’s supposed to mean she’s somehow “better� Even though she shares the same extreme, hateful views as her parents, just in a more bitchy package? I think Jessa is an attention-whore like the rest of her family. She is NOT the private person like she (or others) pretends she is. I find her very manipulative and hypocritical.

Jessa always reminded me of "that" girl from school who was smug and sanctimonious when bragging about her Christianity (and personal relationship with Christ) , who would preach about the evils of birth control and abortion, and about how she was "saving" herself for marriage (while she regularly had anal sex with her boyfriend ).

I agree. Jill gets a lot of hate thrown her way - some of it is deserved, but some of it is just :cray-cray: . Thats true for all the hate that the Duggars get tossed their way though. Some of it, like criticizing the way the molestation scandal has been handled over the years, is extremely well-deserved. Other stuff though, not so much.

I think that with Jill and Jessa, the social media posts are both because they want to save the show (agenda) and because they're reacting to normal life events (pregnancy and motherhood) the way a lot of young women do.

So I think that it's really the posters here who have assigned these personality traits to Jessa and Jill. You don't really know who they are, aside from what's shown on their show and social media. That's just a snapshot of their lives. You know Jill seems more outgoing, you know Jessa is more reserved, but you're also forgetting that they're both young women in their 20's, which is right in the social demographic where they share EVERYTHING online. But it seems like it's been decided here exactly how Jill is, and why she deserves all the hate, and now it's been decided that Jessa doesn't get enough so we're going to assign her specific traits we don't actually know if she has, and then hate them.

We already know the entire family is a sanctimonious cluster fuck, but you don't know anything about them beyond that. So it's hilarious to me that you've decided that it's time to assign Jessa her allotted amount of hate because you don't feel she gets enough. WTF is that even about? lol

I agree. Jill gets a lot of hate thrown her way - some of it is deserved, but some of it is just :cray-cray: . Thats true for all the hate that the Duggars get tossed their way though. Some of it, like criticizing the way the molestation scandal has been handled over the years, is extremely well-deserved. Other stuff though, not so much.

I think that with Jill and Jessa, the social media posts are both because they want to save the show (agenda) and because they're reacting to normal life events (pregnancy and motherhood) the way a lot of young women do.

that is somewhat funny about them both wanting to save the show (agenda) because Jessa is the one who stated in clear English - it's ok if the show gets cancelled - life goes on - so clearly she is fucked up with saying how she says one thing and then posts and demands attention for her agenda ie the show = because who will care about her if the show goes off the air -she will just be posting pictures of baby seewald to an empty crowd trying to save their agenda

it's like a hamster in a cage

and that picture of Derick he looks horrid

Jessa showing videos of baby seewald in utero and taking selfies is her way and her families way of using her agenda - more than ever that interview with Megan Kelly confirmed in my mind - she will throw herself over a mind-field to save her family including her parents rather than ever go against them.

and don't forget their alive appearance on Wednesday- I predict a lot of clapping for them from the leghumpers and a lot of Jessa being put in front the same way Jill was

In terms of their sharing pregnancy and motherhood shots...they are not like every other young lady, that's their entire schtick. They've made a living off showing and telling us how being different is better. In their cult, social media, computers, TV, music were all taboo (at least at the big house and until someone else was supplying the hardware).

So, just more inconsistencies. Also, why do non pregnant adult women have to hide their bodies behind multiple layers of cloth, yet pregnant women are allowed to wear the tightest of tops, take selfies and post them on social media? Do modesty standards not extend to pregnancy???? Why isn't Jessa donning the big, denim, sack dress ala Anna Maxwell?????

Are you different or not?

This.

Let's be honest, folks. Jessa and Jill have creeped their way back onto social media with cute baby pictures and sonogram videos as a means to check the pulse of the general population.

Sure, it can be argued that they're doing what any other normal new mom and/or pregnant person would do. Unfortunately their situation is NOT normal. IMO, this is absolutely a way get the ball rolling toward a spin off, or as a means of further damage control. Not that being interviewed and making light of your molestation was initiating damage control, but you get the picture...

They like the limelight and want to stay in it - plain and simple. Daddy Duggar does, too.

I don't know the layout of the Bates house, but do we know for sure that this pic wasn't snapped in a thrift store? I was in one yesterday, and the selection of clothing shown behind Jessa (particularly the not-modest-by-fundie-standards polka-dot number) makes me think that's where she decided to snap the selfie.

Ha, yeah some kind of PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis, I think) can tell you which embryos are which sex, in case of a disease that is only inherited by females or only by males I think. Regardless, in no way is having a girl child important enough to me to go through that!!!! Some people get really creeped out by selecting the sex of your baby, if it were possible more easily, but I don't really see the big deal. In the US at least, I can understand the fear in a place like China where you'd run out of females pretty fast because everyone would choose males. Anyway, way way off topic here.

Jessa hasn't announced the baby's sex has she? I wonder if she will and is just waiting til the scandal blows over or if she's getting a taste of privacy and enjoying it a bit.

I have a friend who only got implanted with female embryos. Because they had to do IVF anyways, and she really wanted a daughter (and they have boatloads of money). She's pregnant with twin girls right now.

If I ever do have kids, I would want genetic testing done. No way do I want my kid to have to suffer like I did. Do.

I don't know the layout of the Bates house, but do we know for sure that this pic wasn't snapped in a thrift store? I was in one yesterday, and the selection of clothing shown behind Jessa (particularly the not-modest-by-fundie-standards polka-dot number) makes me think that's where she decided to snap the selfie.

Even with the slanted ceiling? I thought that pic must have been taken in a walk-in closet under a gabled roof. What about the pink painted little built in closet thing in the back?

I think the picture was taken at the TTH as usual.

I wonder how much time the married girls spend at the Duggar compound. I know that once I was married, I really didn't spend that much time at my parents' house anymore. We'll go over for a couple hours once in a while. But that's about it. I certainly don't just go over there to hang out multiple times a week or anything.

I took weekly(ish) belly photos throughout my pregnancy and every single one was in my own house.

Even with the slanted ceiling? I thought that pic must have been taken in a walk-in closet under a gabled roof. What about the pink painted little built in closet thing in the back?

I think the picture was taken at the TTH as usual.

I live close to an older part of my town, and a number of nearby resale/thrift shops and restaurants were opened up in older homes located in the historical district, complete with screened in back porches, slanting ceilings, and unique paint jobs (one place was done in about 10 different paint colors before it became a resale clothing boutique :lol: ). I guess I'm just used to seeing resale shops done that way, even though I've been to plenty of newer ones in strip malls. :)

I could be wrong. I don't really follow the Bates show, so it could have been taken there. The polka-dot number does kind of throw me, though.

Jessa has been looking older and harder for a while now, but this pregnancy is accelerating things. I think she lost her youthful glow a long time ago. It doesn't help that she slaps on the make up with a trowel.

She doesn't look much different from any of the Real Housewives. I'm a little surprised that Jim Bob never took issue with Jessa's tendency to adopt hooker aesthetics, make up wise.

I wonder how much time the married girls spend at the Duggar compound. I know that once I was married, I really didn't spend that much time at my parents' house anymore. We'll go over for a couple hours once in a while. But that's about it. I certainly don't just go over there to hang out multiple times a week or anything.

I took weekly(ish) belly photos throughout my pregnancy and every single one was in my own house.

I would guess Jessa goes over a lot because she lives so close to her parents and, honestly, what does she have to do all day? She may be enjoying her privacy (for once in her life), but she may also miss having constant action and noise around her as well - going from the chaos of TTH to just living with Ben could have been somewhat odd for her.

Jill may not be going over as much anymore. She lives further away than Jessa does and now has a small child to care for. Then again, she could be going over or having visitors come by all the time for all we know.

Jessa has been looking older and harder for a while now, but this pregnancy is accelerating things. I think she lost her youthful glow a long time ago. It doesn't help that she slaps on the make up with a trowel.

She doesn't look much different from any of the Real Housewives. I'm a little surprised that Jim Bob never took issue with Jessa's tendency to adopt hooker aesthetics, make up wise.

Why so harsh. Not cool.

I can't say I agree with your comments and I'm not sure what benefit is to be gained from these statements. I congratulate you, though, as your looks must be above reproach.

Yeah, they do spend a lot of time discussing hair and makeup. How is that not in the category of 'defrauding?'

I think they should be wearing burkas.

ghardaia-mozabitenfrauen.jpg

My looks? What's that to do with it? I'm not nearly as pretty a female as Jessa is. Does that satisfy you? Or am I supposed to feel really bad about it, too?

It's been of interest to me for a while that Jessa is allowed to wear loads of very dramatic make up as an exemption from the modesty clause in their cult contract. I know that Duggar women are supposed to draw attention to their "countenance" but what about Jessa's make up escapes the proclamation against all things alluring and defrauding?

Yes, she wears way too much and it makes her look hard and old, in the same vein as Real Housewives who by trying to look younger only make themselves look older.

My looks? What's that to do with it? I'm not nearly as pretty a female as Jessa is. Does that satisfy you? Or am I supposed to feel really bad about it, too?

It's been of interest to me for a while that Jessa is allowed to wear loads of very dramatic make up as an exemption from the modesty clause in their cult contract. I know that Duggar women are supposed to draw attention to their "countenance" but what about Jessa's make up escapes the proclamation against all things alluring and defrauding?

Yes, she wears way too much and it makes her look hard and old, in the same vein as Real Housewives who by trying to look younger only make themselves look older.

I understand the strange dichotomy between the Duggar girls' makeup (and hair) and their supposed modesty standards. And I think in this post you made your point more clearly, and in a less insulting manner than in your pevious one.

Archived