IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

You need to stop trying to apply logic or reasoning to anything Duggar related. It will drive you insane. :lol:

I know right?? Like you said, it's a parallel universe unto itself. :shock:

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to stop trying to apply logic or reasoning to anything Duggar related. It will drive you insane. :lol:

props to Sassy - :worship:

or I can tell you a better story - Michelle was in the same room as Mrs Seewald as she gave birth

:D

see is it true or made up - you decide :cracking-up:

I believe her when she said she was more traumatized by the Josh molestations being made public. IMO, it reeks of victim shaming to criticize Jill for being emotional over what was clearly a painful subject, not just for her but her entire family.

Victim shaming and refusing to be manipulated are two different things.

They bald faced lied on national television about Boobchelle being BFFs with DHS regardless that Josh sued them, and that social workers had to call 911 to check on the welfare of a minor child.

I have no reason to believe them because I cannot trust what they say, so, I'm following my own instincts.

Victim shaming and refusing to be manipulated are two different things.

They bald faced lied on national television about Boobchelle being BFFs with DHS regardless that Josh sued them, and that social workers had to call 911 to check on the welfare of a minor child.

I have no reason to believe them because I cannot trust what they say, so, I'm following my own instincts.

So are they victims, or not? Hard to tell from their interview.

WHY would you even do a televised interview ,if you feel the situation has been totally rectified?

With their 'swords'? :o

The guy on the left, I will name him burp guy, sounds like Bin, without as many 'ums' and 'likes'.

Very enlightening indeed. The food looks pretty good.

I couldn't hear a word they said--I just enjoyed the scenery. :lol: I am curious about the person on the right who just kept eating through their chat. :D

Ben should invest in a microphone. Oh yeah, and his own youtube account.

I think her feelings about molestation becoming public are sincere, absolutely. But those tears when she described calling Derrick after finding out that the news was going to come out (which was hilarious because Jim Bob and Michelle had said they had no idea it was coming) were fake. It took way too much effort to squeeze the first one out. Again, Jill's cried on air more than once. The difference between those instances and that interview are huge.

TBF, Springdale PD has said they notified the Duggars about the FOIA request beforehand, as a courtesy. Jim Bob lied, and Jill cried. :lol:

jk about Jill crying. I think her tears were real, but I don't care enough about it to argue.

Re: Make up.

Am I the only one surprised that it's even allowed? This is also coming from people who believe women "defraud" men by happenstance that their appearance may or may not arouse sexual feelings that go unfulfilled. How profoundly fucked up is it to believe that a woman has to reconcile the belief that one shouldwear make up to be pleasing to one's husband, yet on the other hand it leaves you open to be accused of defrauding other men? Is it not reasonable to assume that men should be able to handle their own attraction to women without forcing women to protect men from themselves? Seriously...

No you're not the only one. Fundie girls/women in my neck of the woods don't wear makeup or jewelry (including wedding rings).

So are they victims, or not? Hard to tell from their interview.

WHY would you even do a televised interview ,if you feel the situation has been totally rectified?

they did it to save themselves their brand

lock it up and sew a garden over it

Personally, I think Jessa's makeup looks better than Jana's or Jinger's. As someone who is the same age (22) and in the same geographic region, I don't see anything wrong with it either. Most of the women at my university do their makeup similarly.

While we're nitpicking their appearance, can we talk about their hair too? I'd give anything for long, luscious, humidity-proof hair like Jessa's.

No you're not the only one. Fundie girls/women in my neck of the woods don't wear makeup or jewelry (including wedding rings).

My family was also averse to make up, unless it was for church and work. Even then it had to be very subtle and paired with conservative clothes. Jessa's 150 watt lip gloss wouldn't have survived two minutes under my mom's roof.

I missed it the first time, but I don't know how Yoshimi got "victim shaming" from my post? All I said was that Jill's tears didn't look real to me. It's not that serious.

So was the incident in the past, successfully dealt with, counseling obtained, work detail completed and forgiveness rendered or not? Were the tears because the incident was revisited or because the molestation was out in the open and being talked about outside the home?

Too bad the communication facilitator did not advise the Duggars to stick with 1 story/approach.

Either: A)- This was a dark period in our lives, please keep our family in your prayers as you respect our privacy or B)- Yes, this happened. This is what we did at the time. The girls received counseling, all is well and the girls would like you to hear what they have to say.

The Duggars were misled in thinking that they could play victim only to the media, yet claim in the next breath that all is good and forgiven. In order to be believed and taken seriously, it's either one or the other.

Personally, I think they should have gone with choice A^. Better to keep the trap shut and have them wondering, vs flapping the gums and removing all doubt.

God, yes! I still can't believe they thought that interview and playing the victim of some left-wing conspiracy was a good idea. In what universe is downplaying molestation a sound PR move? If they wanted public forgiveness and thought an interview was a good idea, it should have been just Jim Bob and Michelle taking themselves to task for everything. They should have said how wrong they were in not immediately addressing the molestation when they first found out, that they were wrong to not get real, licenses therapy for Josh and the girls and for not going through proper police and DHS channels until they were forced to. They should have pointed to themselves and admitted that they did everything completely wrong and it is by sheer dumb luck--or grace of God if you're so inclined--that Josh stopped abusing people. I certainly wouldn't have bought it, because I'm cynical under the best circumstances and I'm sure as hell not believing religious fundamentalists who are desperately trying to keep their tlc money coming, but I would have recognized it as the smart track to take. And honestly, if Jill and Jessa wanted to/had to speak they should have kept it simple with they have forgiven Josh and are angry about the abuse being made public. Dismissing the seriousness of molestation and insisting that their parents acted perfectly was a huge mistake.

Her heavily applied makeup is actually drawing attention away from her countenance, right? The lip gloss is just too distracting. I'm surprised M approves.

Burp guy is fine! Jessa shoulda gone after that!

LOL I agree. The other guy is Dylan McMahan, Ben Seewald's best friend and the best man at their wedding. I felt bad for not looking him up and I couldn't get past it, so now I feel better. :lol:

In what universe is downplaying molestation a sound PR move?

That parallel universe Sassy Pants discovered wherein frumpers are traumatic, but Josh touching his sisters is not. :wink-kitty:

My family was also averse to make up, unless it was for church and work. Even then it had to be very subtle and paired with conservative clothes. Jessa's 150 watt lip gloss wouldn't have survived two minutes under my mom's roof.

Fortunately for my sister and I, our mother was a beautician. She taught us how to do our makeup, hair, and nails. However, once we were allowed to start wearing makeup, it was in stages, not full face at once. I still love makeup. I do it for me, and my husband knows better than to tell me not to wear any.

Fortunately for my sister and I, our mother was a beautician. She taught us how to do our makeup, hair, and nails. However, once we were allowed to start wearing makeup, it was in stages, not full face at once. I still love makeup. I do it for me, and my husband knows better than to tell me not to wear any.

Fortunately, my mom had a relatively relaxed attitude about makeup. She got me some books that talked about proper makeup wearing/application and some makeup.

I didn't get into makeup until high school, and went all out. Now I'm about to start my senior year of college and I basically just wear black eyeliner and mascara. I also can't really wear lipstick/lipgloss of any kind because I'm training to be a classical clarinetist and it all gets on my reeds if I wear it...

So I think maybe the girls are just playing around with something and will calm down later. And can I also point out modesty is relative depending on their culture? In my area, shorts would be more acceptable than caking on unnecessary makeup. In Japan, girls wear the shortest miniskirts I've seen...but are in general conservative about the chest area. I've heard in India midriff is okay but not showing knees.

So, I'd just chalk it up to maybe them acting like normal young people and playing around/pushing the bounds of acceptable modesty...

At my old Fundie IFB church, once your pregnancy was visible, you could no longer sing in the choir, sing a special music number in front of the church, or teach Sunday school. Once you'd birthed the baby's, you could resume your old posts. I still remember when our best singer had a talking to by the pastor's wife about not singing any special music numbers when she hit 5 months and having to sit out while the choir sang. And this was the '90's!

While children were a blessing, evidence Of their conception was considered immodest. I remember when my mom was pregnant with my brother, she stoppes going to church services around 7-8months because she thought it was inappropriate for church!!!

At my old Fundie IFB church, once your pregnancy was visible, you could no longer sing in the choir, sing a special music number in front of the church, or teach Sunday school. Once you'd birthed the baby's, you could resume your old posts. I still remember when our best singer had a talking to by the pastor's wife about not singing any special music numbers when she hit 5 months and having to sit out while the choir sang. And this was the '90's!

While children were a blessing, evidence Of their conception was considered immodest. I remember when my mom was pregnant with my brother, she stoppes going to church services around 7-8months because she thought it was inappropriate for church!!!

:wtf: Reminds me of how they couldn't say the word pregnancy in I Love Lucy, only more wtf because wasn't 1952 anymore.

I have heard 'hooker' used without negative connotation, especially in Alabaman vernacular. It also is used to refer to members of either gender...

Not defending or commenting on its usage here. One of my majors was linguistics, and I'm fascinated by regional semantic variations.

My opinion on day-to-day make-up wear is that it is best used as an enhancer. When it becomes distracting (e.g. cakey layers)or detracts from natural features, I don't understand it. I'd probably wear stage make-up everyday too, though, if I thought pictures of me would be seen worldwide. And then my skin would be much, much worse than any of the Duggars' ever has been. There's definitely a cycle there: have acne, try to cover acne up, get more acne because your skin hates being clogged up all day, repeat.

So I am not sure if this was discussed, I haven't seen it in recent pages, but forgive and ignore if it has.

Don't ask me why, but I was on the Seewalds web page. Jesse's lack of education and interests became really really apparent-- or maybe she is just lazy while Ben is really into writing content for the website.

The ABOUT ME page. Ben was able to write paragraphs about himself, how he met Jessa etc. In contrast, Jessa had the same format as on the Duggar page which list fav bible quotes, occupation, fav food etc. The answers were current.

I can see why she didn't take her GED. She may not be able to cobble together a quick paragraph or two about herself. She could've followed Ben's format. Is she just really too lazy or uninterested to take a quick moment out her busy day of being Big Boy Ben's wife and knock something out-- even for the sake of consistency.

Actually what really bugged me was her abuse of the exclamation point.

Is it an inability or unwillingness? I hope it's the latter as she will be educating little Benessas.

If it's the former, this is on you, JB/Meechelle as it was your responsibility to educate her. Most people would brag that they had 19 kids who all graduated high school/ GED. It shouldn't be just a brag alone that you had the kids. Gr.

So I am not sure if this was discussed, I haven't seen it in recent pages, but forgive and ignore if it has.

Don't ask me why, but I was on the Seewalds web page. Jesse's lack of education and interests became really really apparent-- or maybe she is just lazy while Ben is really into writing content for the website.

The ABOUT ME page. Ben was able to write paragraphs about himself, how he met Jessa etc. In contrast, Jessa had the same format as on the Duggar page which list fav bible quotes, occupation, fav food etc. The answers were current.

I can see why she didn't take her GED. She may not be able to cobble together a quick paragraph or two about herself. She could've followed Ben's format. Is she just really too lazy or uninterested to take a quick moment out her busy day of being Big Boy Ben's wife and knock something out-- even for the sake of consistency.

Actually what really bugged me was her abuse of the exclamation point.

Is it an inability or unwillingness? I hope it's the latter as she will be educating little Benessas.

If it's the former, this is on you, JB/Meechelle as it was your responsibility to educate her. Most people would brag that they had 19 kids who all graduated high school/ GED. It shouldn't be just a brag alone that you had the kids. Gr.

Why do you think she didn't graduate from high school and/ or get a GED?

I thought they had said on the show before that all the older kids had their GED?

Archived