IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

Funny you should mention furniture with the paint peeled off, because I found the Magnolia Pearl designer's ranch house and... well... fionaandtwig.blogspot.com/2013/03/magnolia-pearl-ranch-and-giveaway.html

Jesus H. Christ. This is shabby chic taken to such an extreme that the place actually looks moldy. AND THERE'S CARPET ON THE KITCHEN WALLS!!!11!1!!! :cray-cray:

ETA: And I don't think the blogger understands how to use the word convey: "Everything you see, and a thousand lovely things you don't see convey." Convey what? "Upon entering the living spaces, you will be charmed to discover that not only do the fully functioning appliances convey, but that artistic adornments can be found around each and every corner." Convey what? CONVEY WHAT?!? There's at least one more instance, but I can't be bothered to quote it.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus H. Christ. This is shabby chic taken to such an extreme that the place actually looks moldy. AND THERE'S CARPET ON THE KITCHEN WALLS!!!11!1!!! :cray-cray:

MY EYES! MY EYES! What the ever lovin' fuck? All that's missing from this crumbling manse is Miss Havisham.

Funny you should mention furniture with the paint peeled off, because I found the Magnolia Pearl designer's ranch house and... well... fionaandtwig.blogspot.com/2013/03/magnolia-pearl-ranch-and-giveaway.html

omfg that house!

I didn't know moldy farmhouse aesthetic was a thing!

MY EYES! MY EYES! What the ever lovin' fuck? All that's missing from this crumbling manse is Miss Havisham.

that is exactly who i thought of, too :lol:

i feel so bad for this poor house, i think it's so pretty and would look so nice if it was cleaned up, updated, floors finished, appliances and some fixtures replaced, etc. it could be so pretty and quaint. so much potential just ruined.

Lisa didn't pay for it; it was a gift from a friend at her church. She writes in her (public) Facebook The Pennington Point on January 4:

A few weeks ago I saw a friend at church and she had on the most adorable jacket.

She has a fantastic sense of style, so of course I like everything she wears, but I just ADORED this thing and I told her how much I loved it.

Well today I got a "secret admirer" gift all wrapped with a soft green bow. No note or card, someone just handed it to me. I waited until I was in the van on the way home to open it and inside of it was....the beautiful jacket!

She just GAVE it to me.

It's a really nice, expensive piece of clothing y'all!

It blew me away that someone would give me something that I know she loved, just to bless me.

It's silly I know. It's just a piece of cloth. But that ministered the love of God to me in a way I didn't even know I needed.

He loves even the silliest things.

Never under-estimate the power of a simple act of kindness. God can use it in a mighty way!

This is a gift that I would call an awkward situation (How quickly can I get rid of this without hurting the other person's feelings?!) . . . but her friend was wearing the jacket to church when Lisa complemented her on it. Maybe her friend realized that really meant it was time to pass it on and make wiser purchasing decisions in the future. ;)

If a friend gave me something of hers because I had complimented it on her, I would die of embarrassment. That would make me feel like I had overdone the compliments until she felt obligated to give it to me. So mortifying.

I am pretty sure that's how most normal people in the dominant US culture would react in that scenario. In some cultures it is normal to give someone the object of their compliments (and in those cultures, I think people are very careful how they phrase a compliment) but in ours it is not normally done. I wonder just how fulsomely Lisa praised that jacket on her friend, and if her friend picked up on the undertone of "I want that." :evil-eye:

I now have a Magnolia Pearl ad appearing on my page. I am reporting it as irrelevant. :disgust:

I didn't know you could do that! I just did the same for my ads. Those pretty Asian and Russian ladies who want to go on dates with me will be so disappointed. :lol:

Ewwwww that is not stylish, it just looks abandoned and unclean. Is the back stuff on the ceiling in the first picture mould? Then it mentioned it was a former home of someone, so I presumed it had been abandoned for a few years...but nope, they said that it is completely clean, with no dirt or mould, just made to look like that by artistry? Why the hell would someone paint black mould on their ceiling, and WTF is with the carpet on the kitchen wall? Or the rusty looking bath that looks like bathing in it might give you tetanus? And whatever abomination someone created by covering the bottom of the sink in clay and stuffing things they found washed up on the beach on it? It looks uncared for and like it probably smells of damp and is cold.

ETA: And I don't think the blogger understands how to use the word convey: "Everything you see, and a thousand lovely things you don't see convey." Convey what? "Upon entering the living spaces, you will be charmed to discover that not only do the fully functioning appliances convey, but that artistic adornments can be found around each and every corner." Convey what? CONVEY WHAT?!? There's at least one more instance, but I can't be bothered to quote it.

In real-estate language, convey means it comes with the house and is included in the purchase price.

For instance, we bought a house last summer and there was drama on closing day because the contract said the kitchen stove was to convey with the house. The sellers had never intended to leave the stove with the house, their agent just forgot to list it in the exclusions. Thankfully, we worked it out. :)

I love tin ceilings, but they're supposed to be shiny silver or solidly painted, not half rust. I would be scared to sleep in those bedrooms! It looks like it hasn't been touched in a hundred years. I know it's not, but my mind says it must be full of lead paint too.

In real-estate language, convey means it comes with the house and is included in the purchase price.

For instance, we bought a house last summer and there was drama on closing day because the contract said the kitchen stove was to convey with the house. The sellers had never intended to leave the stove with the house, their agent just forgot to list it in the exclusions. Thankfully, we worked it out. :)

And here I thought I was just mindlessly scrolling through the Internet! Not true, I learned a new thing :lol:

Mrs. Haversham indeed!

I doubted you, but I stand corrected. That is a monstrosity.

It looks like it smells bad in there. I realized I was wrinkling my nose as I scrolled down like there was a bad smell.

Oh yuck! Agree w/ whoever has said that the house looks abandoned. I think shabby chic can look okay in certain settings, but the house and mainstream both just look dirty and covered in dust! My allergies are acting up just from the pictures.

OMG, that is the ugliest house I've ever seen. It looks filthy, and yes, moldy. The tin ceilings look terrible. Really, who would want to spend a night in that house?

Thanks for the explanation -- I had no idea that was real estate jargon. I just thought the writer was trying (and failing) to sound "classy."

I love tin ceilings, but they're supposed to be shiny silver or solidly painted, not half rust. I would be scared to sleep in those bedrooms! It looks like it hasn't been touched in a hundred years. I know it's not, but my mind says it must be full of lead paint too.

Imagine you are house hunting and your agent tells you s/he's got something you might be interested in seeing, and then asks if you've had a tetanus shot lately. :shock:

Imagine you are house hunting and your agent tells you s/he's got something you might be interested in seeing, and then asks if you've had a tetanus shot lately. :shock:

I'd only be less horrified if I'd mentioned wanting a (serious) fixer-upper. Still slightly horrifying even then.

I feel like this was a racket dreamed up by some of the landlords I rented from in my college days. "That's not mold, it's patina. Yeah, the front porch is supposed to cave in like that. I need the $695K by the first of the month and PLEASE don't call me about how the tub doesn't drain."

What's next? Fake cat turds? Garbage bags of empty bottles artfully scattered around? Brown paint inside the toilet for that clean, fresh, just pooped in look?

What's next? Fake cat turds? Garbage bags of empty bottles artfully scattered around? Brown paint inside the toilet for that clean, fresh, just pooped in look?

You should go into business with JesusPony. She will handle the shapeless ratty clothing side and you can do the flop house home decor. :cracking-up:

You should go into business with JesusPony. She will handle the shapeless ratty clothing side and you can do the flop house home decor. :cracking-up:

damnit, i can't like this suggestion enough :clap:

OMG, that is the ugliest house I've ever seen. It looks filthy, and yes, moldy. The tin ceilings look terrible. Really, who would want to spend a night in that house?

It looks so dirty. Like another reader I too realized I was making sour puss face when I was looking at the pictures. - I am not the best housekeeper but this is down right dirty looking! And I look at everything for sale (on-line) in my area and I have seen some dandy foreclosures and most of those don't freak me out as much as this house.

Archived