IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

Is this a paper map that she put up on the wall next to the sink? How do you clean it without damaging the map?

As for the section of fence with the lights over the couch, does she plan to wear sunglasses in that room? :cool2: Staring at all those lights would hurt my eyes.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She only said the map was a gift, not that it was a gift to the boys, so it may have actually belonged to her.

But what's up with that crap about sneaking into her boys' room and taking it, instead of just talking to them about it?

Either they wouldn't have cared about the map and she could have just taken it with their knowledge, or they were really attached to the map and then it just seems mean to take it from them. It's just messed up.

And now she's totally ruined the map just because she was too lazy to fill in a couple of holes. :wtf:

I think it's safe to say her kids won't opt for the more expensive nursing home.

If I were her child, I wouldn't put one penny towards a retirement home. She can wither away in an apartment paid for through the American Taxpayer until she is found so sick that she ends up withering away in a hospital bed or staring outside the window at a parking lot in a state run care home.

Though with her lunacy, she might get a one way ticket to the acute care mental ward before any of that happens. :cray-cray: Reality is going to smack her hard when her other kids pack up (whatever she hasn't used for craft projects) and GTFO

IBeforeE_zps851623b5.jpg

I like how her "Beleive" handwritten sign is misspelled.

For you, Lisa: I before E except after C.

Let's watch for this correction! :wink-kitty:

Misspellings happen to everyone, of course, but deserve closer scrutiny when you post them as proof of your creativity. Maybe she just wanted to "beleive" in some creative spelling.

Someone like that really should not be in charge of teaching children...

I know right? No wandering around in there after dark. :shiver:

[attachment=3]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2]Capture2.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Capture3.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Capture4.JPG[/attachment]

Even the fridge is at a tilt like it's on a rotting floor.

Some seriously messed up decay fetish going on.

God knows I'm no Martha Stewart. Hell, I clean my house only because I don't want to live in filth. But those photos make me want a pair of rubber gloves, a several gallons of Pine-Sol, a bucket, scrub brush, and an endless supply of hot water. Desperately.

I had heard this wise advice all my life and was stunned when we started house hunting to see how many people ignore it. Granted, we were in a really hot seller's market, but I lost count of how many times we saw a house or an online listing where the residents loved BOLD color choices or couldn't be bothered to even clean up before taking pictures or having a showing. :shock:

I've still got one room left to paint in our house. It's this yellowish-brownish-greenish color. It looks like baby poop, but I found it easier to live with temporarily than some of the sellers' other paint choices. :lol:

In the early 80s, we were looking for our first house. Decent neighborhood, older house. The kitchen had shake shingles on every wall (nice grease trap) and the rest of the house was done in primary colors... The green room had green carpet, green wall and green ceiling (probably woodwork was painted as well) same for the red room, yellow room, blue room and then the purple room.

The neighbor was about 45, unshaven and sitting in his wifebeater and tighty whiteys on his front porch watching the people go in and out of the open house while cleaning his shotgun.

Mortgage rates were 18%.

We kept renting. :lol:

In the early 80s, we were looking for our first house. Decent neighborhood, older house. The kitchen had shake shingles on every wall (nice grease trap) and the rest of the house was done in primary colors... The green room had green carpet, green wall and green ceiling (probably woodwork was painted as well) same for the red room, yellow room, blue room and then the purple room.

The neighbor was about 45, unshaven and sitting in his wifebeater and tighty whiteys on his front porch watching the people go in and out of the open house while cleaning his shotgun.

Mortgage rates were 18%.

We kept renting. :lol:

I wonder if that was a ploy to not sell the house... like one of his relatives told him he needed to sell it, and he was doing everything he could to stay put.

This women is a pice of work. she dose not respect her children’s boundaries/property and then brags about it on her blog? Then goes on to destroy said property in a really bad DIY gone wrong.... :naughty: and how will she clean it? Its paper? the brain power here is so low. Also, Her obsession with her oils is disturbing. I can’t get the image of her manically rubbing oils on her face after her daughter left out of my head. I’m glad the girl got out and I hope if (who am I kidding), when her sibs want out she can help. I would count the seconds to when I could get away from that control freak.

Free the oil babies!

Lisa has a post on her blog where she talks about finishing the book she was writing. I tried searching her blog for "book" to get more information about what she was writing about, but all I found was a another post from December about working on the book.

I'm really hoping this book isn't about how her daughter betrayed her by leaving home and how Young Living essential oils can cure a broken heart. :?

Does anyone have any more information about her book?

thepenningtonpoint.com/2015/01/walk/

I found some more information about the book she is writing on her "About me" page:

My top post of all time is one that I shared in 2012 called, “20 Ways to Reset When the Kids Are Having a Hard Day.†It has been so popular that I have a book coming out on the same topic in the fall of 2015 that will be filled with a LOT more ideas and go deeper into the idea of finding joy right where you are.

Her writing is awful (and I say that as a person with pretty mediocre grammar skills). On her blog, there are lots of spelling mistakes of the "what spellcheck doesn't catch" variety. Her sentence structure and punctuation can get pretty terrible, too.

Oh there is much to snark about on her blog. Take a dive into her Modesty Clothing posts. To be fair, her daughters, especially the one that took a hike, dress pretty well given the restrictions of the modest wear, but OMG< Mom is a mess. Her sense of proportion are incredibly bad. In one post, she has a shapeless long dumpy sweater on, below it is a long skirt with a ruffle at the bottom, and then some sort of clunky shoe and then on top of that she throws on a scarf and then writes about how the scarf elongates her profile, or some nonsense.

Sadly, uhm, NO. Nothing she wears will ever do anything to elongate her profile. She seems to belong to the idea that more and more layers and long ill fitting tops are somehow a fun and eccentric personal style.

Now, I say all this with this disclaimer: I am not a fashionista myself. And I wear clunky shoes. Like a lot of nurses, I am in love with Dansko or Sanita shoes, and they are clunky and ugly. I wear them at work and also with jeans, etc. 30 years of nursing, walking and standing for 30 years on hard flooring has caused me to really not give a fuck about shoe shoe fashion. BUT I am also not running a blog and trying to pretend like I am in anyway qualified to give fashion advice on any style of dress, including Modest Wear, which of course has very low standards to begin with.

This woman, and her brand of narcissism annoy me to NO end. I hate it when people try to sound like all they do is serve others, and live a godly life, and yet really it is all about them. They all want to be some weird version of Martha Stewart and Gwyneth Paltrow, with a fundie twist. "Look at me"; "Look at how clever I am making my own laundry soap" Look at how I use my oils to solve the ills of the world, Look how I cook these wonderful "Homey" recipes, Look at how I can "write a book" about raising children, despite the fact that at least one of my kids has given me a big FU and the rest of my family can't stand me", Look at how misunderstood I am by those who lack faith".

This cult and all of it's variations is really just one very large shared delusion. It is a huge form of mental illness that is not only accepted by for some unknown reason widely admired even by those on the outside.

It is subjecting innocent victims to be raised by deranged and mentally ill narcissists who are fully justified by their twisted interpretation of religion. And this shared delusional mass of narcissists are not satisfied with just enforcing their warped belief system on their own kind, by they now want to legislate it, mandate and enforce it on everyone else.

Sorry< i know I am ranting, but for some reason today these fundies are pissing me off and my heart is breaking for their children, who have had their childhoods and their futures damaged by the cult.

Oh there is much to snark about on her blog. Take a dive into her Modesty Clothing posts. To be fair, her daughters, especially the one that took a hike, dress pretty well given the restrictions of the modest wear, but OMG< Mom is a mess. Her sense of proportion are incredibly bad. In one post, she has a shapeless long dumpy sweater on, below it is a long skirt with a ruffle at the bottom, and then some sort of clunky shoe and then on top of that she throws on a scarf and then writes about how the scarf elongates her profile, or some nonsense.

Sadly, uhm, NO. Nothing she wears will ever do anything to elongate her profile. She seems to belong to the idea that more and more layers and long ill fitting tops are somehow a fun and eccentric personal style.

She really does have terrible taste. My favourite was the post where she made a necklace out of what appeared to be garbage - plastic-coated wire, a knotted up cotton lanyard, an old key, etc. - and paired it with a short-sleeved, rickrack-edged denim jacket, because "you can't go wrong with a denim jacket." Oh, and blue suede clogs.

She then hugged the porch column quite immodestly. Yikes, what a mess.

thepenningtonpoint.com/2013/02/modesty-no-5/

She's trying to flatter herself as a shabby chic aficionado but her entire house is just one whole mess like that badly wired brain of hers...

She's trying to flatter herself as a shabby chic aficionado but her entire house is just one whole mess like that badly wired brain of hers...

I must confess that the American Gothic-style portrait is by far the most realistic depiction of Lisa I have seen thus far. And even she says that that is how she looks most of the time. :lol:

I love it when she tries to sound knowledgeable about fashion such as "A long sweater is slimming on a full figure". Well maybe that is true, but not when it worn over layers crap, a too big tiered floor length skirt and a box shaped top. Nothing is going to look slimming with that get up.

The thing is, I know lots of full figured women who dress wonderfully, and manage to be modest while they do it. They shop a cheaper stores and still look like a million bucks. But they are not arrogant or self absorbed enough to start a blog about it.

THese "SAHM" women who write these lengthy and elaborate blogs, run an Etsy, and attend every workshop on Homeschooling, are fooling themselves if they think they are bing a "Full time mom". They are what I call the "Professional Mom". They hold themselves up as an example of great mothering, when in fact they are all about self promotions and bragging. I imagine their kids get less quality time than mine did when I got home from working a 12 hour shift.

I must confess that the American Gothic-style portrait is by far the most realistic depiction of Lisa I have seen thus far. And even she says that that is how she looks most of the time. :lol:

I'm totally new to this Lisa woman, but before that, I thought that the most obnoxious fundie bloggers were the lousewife and that Lori... and that young girl who is in love with herself.

This woman seems so sinister, so calculating, so cold and so controlling, that she scares me out of my ever loving and limited wits!

The pictures where she poses as a model just scare me. I think I have found a new pet fundie.

That portrait you're talking about, I'm yet to find.

Lisa is different. Zsuzsanna and her pathetic husband with his bladder habits make feel pity besides the occasional outrage. But this woman is quite a piece of work even among fundie bloggers.

She really does have terrible taste. My favourite was the post where she made a necklace out of what appeared to be garbage - plastic-coated wire, a knotted up cotton lanyard, an old key, etc. - and paired it with a short-sleeved, rickrack-edged denim jacket, because "you can't go wrong with a denim jacket." Oh, and blue suede clogs.

She then hugged the porch column quite immodestly. Yikes, what a mess.

thepenningtonpoint.com/2013/02/modesty-no-5/

that brown dress should be burned. A lot of the stuff she pairs it with is not bad on their own but ...ugg burn that brown dress.

"I'm sorry that I can't do anything useful. You see, I have these ginormous sleeves that get in the way if I do anything other than stand in one place or sit and stare out the window."

That all brown get up has to go, I mentioned a few pages back that brown from head to foot suits no one, even a tall slim figure would have difficulty pulling that look off.

The blue suede clogs and wooly socks are just the worst any way but totally OTT teamed with voluminous brown.

When I first saw that photo a while back I thought she was wearing her house keys around her neck for some unexplained reason. It's a necklace and she actually MADE it deliberately!!!!!!! :pink-shock:

She has a multi way plug socket in the bathroom, isn't that dangerous?

I think the Middle East/possibly also India/Pakistan. I do know that when I admired something my friend had when we were in college (her family is from Pakistan, they immigrated when she was 4), she gave it to me. So awkward! :embarrassed: I also was told this by a colleague in study abroad, who was Saudi.

Late reply, but now that you mention it, my friend's ex is from India and while he and his friends didn't directly give us their stuff, they showered us with gifts. It's a weird feeling, it's not easy to accept it all because for me it was too much, but if I had declined they would have been very hurt.

Calimojo....you can pry my purple Sanitas from my cold dead hands!!! And I must be doing something fashionable right cause I get compliments whether I'm wearing them with scrubs or jeans.

If she didn't make a big deal out of her fashion choices I would never comment on her choice of clothes. I think she is a genuinely creative person and wants to express herself through clothes. I also appreciate a bigger gal not being afraid to put herself out there. I sure as shit would not. All that said, I think she wears costumes rather than outfits.

Part of me hates to comment as a bigger gal myself I struggle to look put together, and find clothes I really like.

Edited to add my reason for posting was to say I first read 'embracing modesty' as 'embarrassing modesty'.

Grimalkin, I'm size L mainly due to the fact that I'm tall. Most women I see ever day wear size L or larger. There is nothing to be embarrassed about your body size. And you too, can and shall dress up fabulously if you please so and be confident in your skin.

Archived