IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

I'm guessing the owners are hoping some people with the same tastes buy the home. I like elements of it but it is just too much of it in one place. However, I have a few friends who I think would LOVE it. To each their own I suppose?

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing the owners are hoping some people with the same tastes buy the home. I like elements of it but it is just too much of it in one place. However, I have a few friends who I think would LOVE it. To each their own I suppose?

I think the set of people who have that kind of taste is very small, and the set of people who have that kind of money is very small, and the intersection of the two sets is nearly nonexistent.

Were I to buy that property (it would never happen, but *if*), I would furnish it with classically styled, early 20th-century and late Victorian furniture. Before moving the sticks in, I'd have the ceilings and walls painted over.

And any woodwork or cabinetry with the look of flaking paint layers would get a very solid coating of matte-finish polyurethane. You have not known an annoying pain and a heckuva clean-up until you've endured nasty old paint chipping off under your fingernails. Ew.

Lisa has a post on her blog where she talks about finishing the book she was writing. I tried searching her blog for "book" to get more information about what she was writing about, but all I found was a another post from December about working on the book.

I'm really hoping this book isn't about how her daughter betrayed her by leaving home and how Young Living essential oils can cure a broken heart. :?

Does anyone have any more information about her book?

thepenningtonpoint.com/2015/01/walk/

True.

I think my biggest gripe is that the real estate agent is using the decor as the main selling point. From what I can see once I get past the decor, the houses themselves don't look like they're so great. The two kitchens shown are inadequate for someone who actually cooks (and I don't even mean gourmet cooking, or big holiday dinners; I just mean everyday cooking that doesn't involve sticking a plastic tray in a microwave). The one in the guest house is downright primitive. They have hard-to-clean surfaces and finishes in food-prep areas. So even if you loved the decor, you'd have to rip it out if you wanted a functional, easy-to-clean kitchen.

That so much attention is lavished on the decor inside the main house, with so few photos of the exterior, the grounds, and the outbuildings, makes me think this property has a bunch of beat-to-shit old buildings on it that are in dire need of renovation or replacement. What's not shown is telling, IMO. The existing house may have appealed to the designer's romantic fantasies of rural poverty in the Dust Bowl days, but most people--even the die-hard shabby-chic folks--aren't going to want to rough it just for the sake of the decor.

There's a lot of sizzle there, but I suspect the actual steak is a tough, dry, wizened thing I wouldn't actually want to eat.

I think the set of people who have that kind of taste is very small, and the set of people who have that kind of money is very small, and the intersection of the two sets is nearly nonexistent.

This reminds of a couple we knew who custom built a new home in the mid 90s and decorated it in 70's style. Complete with shag carpeting, dark wood trim / cabinetry and sparkly textured ceiling in the family room. When I saw it, I half expected a disco ball to descend from somewhere.

I just eventually managed to get into the magnolia clothes website. Have never heard of the brand before this thread. Is it based in America?

I have to agree with the poster a few pages back that "Les Mis" does spring to mind!! :D

If anyone has seen Lisa's latest post on her blog, she snuck into her boys' room at night while they were sleeping to steal a map on their wall that was a gift from a family friend. She had removed the towel bar in her bathroom so she could put her beloved essential oils in a place of greater prominence, and needed something to cover up the holes...y'know, instead of spackle and leftover paint. Her excuse is that the map actually belonged to her, because she's the parent and thus owns everything.

What a bitch, stealing from her own kids. :evil: :evil: :evil:

oh my gawd, if i was those boys i would be SO PISSED that she took my shit without even asking! AND basically destroyed it! no wonder her daughter moved out, if she's willing to post about something like this, who knows what she does behind the scenes that's even sneakier and nastier.

oh my gawd, if i was those boys i would be SO PISSED that she took my shit without even asking! AND basically destroyed it! no wonder her daughter moved out, if she's willing to post about something like this, who knows what she does behind the scenes that's even sneakier and nastier.

I think it's safe to say her kids won't opt for the more expensive nursing home.

IBeforeE_zps851623b5.jpg

I like how her "Beleive" handwritten sign is misspelled.

For you, Lisa: I before E except after C.

Let's watch for this correction! :wink-kitty:

Misspellings happen to everyone, of course, but deserve closer scrutiny when you post them as proof of your creativity. Maybe she just wanted to "beleive" in some creative spelling.

:ew:

I had heard this wise advice all my life and was stunned when we started house hunting to see how many people ignore it. Granted, we were in a really hot seller's market, but I lost count of how many times we saw a house or an online listing where the residents loved BOLD color choices or couldn't be bothered to even clean up before taking pictures or having a showing. :shock:

I've still got one room left to paint in our house. It's this yellowish-brownish-greenish color. It looks like baby poop, but I found it easier to live with temporarily than some of the sellers' other paint choices. :lol:

Several websites make fun of bad real estate photos :D facebook.com/TerribleRealEstateAgentPhotographs

one of my all-time favorites:

post-10046-14451999879433_thumb.jpg

Several websites make fun of bad real estate photos :D facebook.com/TerribleRealEstateAgentPhotographs

one of my all-time favorites:

[attachment=0]slurp.jpg[/attachment]

what the ever loving fuck? :?

This times 1000.

Also, apparently the shelves are crooked on purpose. Lisa, honey, that doesn't make you look like an artist. It makes you look like the idiot you are.

Does anyone else find it wonderfully telling and ironic that Lisa shows her lack of boundaries by stealing a map?

Freud might have a field day! If nothing else, he'd be able to afford payments on a new yacht...

There is nothing this woman does that surprises me. She is 100% full of herself, and seems to think that her way is the right way.

In her 'At the Point' section (her blog is really a few sub blogs making it a pain), on December 5th 2014, she states

"Believe me when I tell you that I am no stranger to rejection. My most recent situation is that my entire extended family has not spoken to me for over 2 months with no explanation."

Lisas Blog Oct 6 post highlights:

On September 24th, her daughter left. On that post, she states that they had a meeting a week later to try to compromise on the daughters living conditions. A few paragraphs later, she says that the daughter then returned to get her belongings (so she got her stuff on Oct 5).

She then says this on November 6th when talking about children transitioning to adulthood and moving out:

"But we had nothing. Not even a goodbye."

She wants people to cry her a river, and making her situation sound a whole lot worse than it actually is. SHE HAD TWO CHANCES, AT LEAST, FOR GOODBYE! Thats a lot more than many people experience when unexpected deaths happen. I would dare say her extended family is tired of her BS, and regardless, she won't allow any of her children near them unsupervised after her parents involvement in the daughters departure.

There is absolutely no reason for her to have to sneak into her kids room and take a map off their wall in order to fulfill some decorating idea she has. She could have, at the very least, told them 'Hey kids, I'm taking my map back for a project' and they probably would have been cool with it. Chances are, many of their belongings have turned into some craft project of hers.

Lady Priss wrote

There is nothing this woman does that surprises me. She is 100% full of herself, and seems to think that her way is the right way.

And she has 10,000+ followers on Facebook!

What are those individuals thinking? Are they

similarly narcissists or do they just ignore her self-absorption in favor of decorating ideas?

But how can a person browse the decorating part without noticing the meanness? It boggles the mind.

Wow, she stole from her own children. No wonder her daughter moved out.

I wonder when the rest are going to follow?

i hope they'll be able to follow, if they want. she probably doesn't allow any unsupervised contact with other family members and friends out of fear another may run.

which, if you're afraid your child is going to run, shouldn't you take a second to pause and wonder if it's something you're doing?

Archived