IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

oh dear lord, i'm pretty sure i have those same boots :pink-shock:

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's that friend of Lady Lydia that uses old wedding dresses as tablecloths, creating a nauseating sea of ruffles? It's like she styled PP Mom.

:rawr:

I searched for "Penningtentiary Point Facebook" and Google asked me if I meant to search for "Penitentiary Point facebook" :lol:

Sorry. You probably already know it is Pennington Point. Just seems like incarceration to me, so my inner middle school student can't resist a little name mockery.

And she can turn everything, absolutely everything, into shilling for essential oils.

oh dear lord, i'm pretty sure i have those same boots :pink-shock:

The boots are by far the most normal part of the outfit. It's how she chooses to accessorize them, and by "accessorize" I mean everything else on her body. Unless you too are dressing like a bag lady minus the shopping cart, I think you're good.

The boots are by far the most normal part of the outfit. It's how she chooses to accessorize them, and by "accessorize" I mean everything else on her body. Unless you too are dressing like a bag lady minus the shopping cart, I think you're good.

i wore mine on free comic book day, along with my captain america shirt ;) it looked period appropriate :P

She really posts A LOT on Facebook. It looks like she made a New Year's resolution to post EVERYTHING. :pink-shock:

And that outfit ... almost every outfit that I saw her wear in her modesty posts looked ridiculous though. She tries so hard ... and fails.

I often wear lots and lots of layers, but I do it to stay warm, not to look good. And you can only see the top layer, not ALL of the layers.

I also loved the Youtube video she posted on how to stay warm in skirts. It goes something like this:

"Oh, I live in Texas, where it's hardly ever cold, and I never get cold myself anyway. Therefore, I don't actually know anything about staying warm in skirts, but I'll give y'all some tips anyway: (ramble) wear leggings (ramble) wear boots (ramble) wear tights (ramble) wear layers, even if you look ridiculous (ramble) (ramble) (ramble)." Oh, really. Layers, you say?

And those tips are from the same person who refuses to go outside in -5°C weather because it's just waaaaay to cold. :cray-cray:

I also loved the Youtube video she posted on how to stay warm in skirts. It goes something like this:

"Oh, I live in Texas, where it's hardly ever cold, and I never get cold myself anyway. Therefore, I don't actually know anything about staying warm in skirts, but I'll give y'all some tips anyway: (ramble) wear leggings (ramble) wear boots (ramble) wear tights (ramble) wear layers, even if you look ridiculous (ramble) (ramble) (ramble)." Oh, really. Layers, you say?

And those tips are from the same person who refuses to go outside in -5°C weather because it's just waaaaay to cold. :cray-cray:

take it from someone in minnesota, the hoth of the united states...

how to stay warm in a skirt: you don't. don't be a fucking twit, put on some long underwear, maybe even some warm leggings, too, under your pants that hopefully are fleece-lined, and be prepared to still be cold when the wind chill reaches -30f.

take it from someone in minnesota, the hoth of the united states...

how to stay warm in a skirt: you don't. don't be a fucking twit, put on some long underwear, maybe even some warm leggings, too, under your pants that hopefully are fleece-lined, and be prepared to still be cold when the wind chill reaches -30f.

Ugh. Wearing skirts in the cold doesn't make you a twit. Take it from someone who lives in a subarctic/arctic climate, you can stay warm in a skirt. A good pair of long underwear and boots under a long skirt are perfectly fine. You could even throw a skhoop over your pants ;-). I even know some people (not skirts-only) who find skirts warmer than pants. Kinda like mittens verses gloves.

(Obviously, I'm talking about normal, everyday wear, not prolonged outdoor activities.)

(Obviously

Ugh. Wearing skirts in the cold doesn't make you a twit. Take it from someone who lives in a subarctic/arctic climate, you can stay warm in a skirt. A good pair of long underwear and boots under a long skirt are perfectly fine. You could even throw a skhoop over your pants ;-). I even know some people (not skirts-only) who find skirts warmer than pants. Kinda like mittens verses gloves.

(Obviously, I'm talking about normal, everyday wear, not prolonged outdoor activities.)

(Obviously

you must not get much wind, if long underwear and boots are sufficient. it gets quite windy around these parts, and that wind will go right up a skirt or dress. i fail to see how that's warmer than long underwear, two or three pairs of leggings, and pants.

and i actually deleted a part of my post because of an incoming call, but perhaps i shouldn't have ... i'm speaking specifically from my experience from last winter when i had to navigate the bus system. because of the weather delays, i usually had to use one route where i took three buses home, and there was usually a stretch of anywhere from 30-60 minutes (once in a while, even more...one time, i waited in the cold with no shelter available for an hour and a half, and it wasn't even my last bus home...had to wait another half an hour once i got off at the right stop, which of course had no shelter, either) of standing in the cold. some shelters have heat lamps, but they really do about zilch when the wind chill is hovering around -25f to -30f.

if you're indoors, you only need to worry about going from a building to a car to your house/apartment, so keeping warm is pretty easy. anything prolonged, though, skirts are definitely not the way to go, and anyone attempting is going to be teasing frostbite around these parts, no joke.

you must not get much wind, if long underwear and boots are sufficient. it gets quite windy around these parts, and that wind will go right up a skirt or dress. i fail to see how that's warmer than long underwear, two or three pairs of leggings, and pants.

and i actually deleted a part of my post because of an incoming call, but perhaps i shouldn't have ... i'm speaking specifically from my experience from last winter when i had to navigate the bus system. because of the weather delays, i usually had to use one route where i took three buses home, and there was usually a stretch of anywhere from 30-60 minutes (once in a while, even more...one time, i waited in the cold with no shelter available for an hour and a half, and it wasn't even my last bus home...had to wait another half an hour once i got off at the right stop, which of course had no shelter, either) of standing in the cold. some shelters have heat lamps, but they really do about zilch when the wind chill is hovering around -25f to -30f.

if you're indoors, you only need to worry about going from a building to a car to your house/apartment, so keeping warm is pretty easy. anything prolonged, though, skirts are definitely not the way to go, and anyone attempting is going to be teasing frostbite around these parts, no joke.

We don't have wind all winter, no, but we do have very, very windy days. Again, I find a long skirt warmer the jeans on those days. Your added info would have been helpful to see where you're coming from. ;-) Most people probably aren't standing in the cold waiting for a bus for an hour multiple times a day. Like I said, normal everyday wear. In that case bibs/snow pants would be best. I'd still be cold in leggings, long johns, and jeans. And so many layers under pants is super uncomfortable IMO. Much easier to have layers like that under a skirt. Snow pants are a pita to get on and off, so for me, long johns, jeans, and a skhoop would be the best option.

I haven't even read what the PP lady wrote, it just rubbed me the wrong way to call someone a twit for wearing skirts in very cold weather. It can be done :-)

We don't have wind all winter, no, but we do have very, very windy days. Again, I find a long skirt warmer the jeans on those days. Your added info would have been helpful to see where you're coming from. ;-) Most people probably aren't standing in the cold waiting for a bus for an hour multiple times a day. Like I said, normal everyday wear. In that case bibs/snow pants would be best. I'd still be cold in leggings, long johns, and jeans. And so many layers under pants is super uncomfortable IMO. Much easier to have layers like that under a skirt. Snow pants are a pita to get on and off, so for me, long johns, jeans, and a skhoop would be the best option.

I haven't even read what the PP lady wrote, it just rubbed me the wrong way to call someone a twit for wearing skirts in very cold weather. It can be done :-)

most people? i would say it depends on the area. in the metro area here, for many people working in the cities, it's cheaper to ride the bus in to work rather than spend the money on gas and parking, especially if work offers no parking pass or even discounted parking. even since last year, metro transit expanded their train lines to accommodate more routes and passengers.

i had a couple of "nice" pairs of pants that i'd wear on top that were loose, precisely so it could accommodate the extra layers. my regular pants or jeans wouldn't have worked. i'd still be cold as SHIT, though, i can't imagine a skirt layer instead of the top pant layer being any more beneficial. i think it would be less so, anyway, because of the wind.

even if staying inside, though, if someone is really that thin blooded and just can't stay warm in a skirt, i say just skip the damn skirt and don't worry about keeping to some rule about skirts-only modesty crap.

I think she's trying to use the term "Bless" but failing.

She calls it that because of how she acquired it. It used to belong to someone else and she mentioned to that person how much she liked it. Then that person gave it to her as a gift. Such a blessing!

Ummm...wtf is a blessing jacket?

Something someone gave her for free so she would put a link up on her website.

That outfit makes her look like she was involved in some sort of unfortunate accident. She has absolutely NO idea about correct proportions or what to wear to flatter her body type. I can't believe she has the nerve to presume to tell other people what to wear. See evidence A,B, &C below:

QLoyhOH.jpg

zYipaZ0.jpg

MlYFtI9.jpg

I lived in the arctic in the 60's and 70's (mini skirt era), the only way to stay warm was to wear down pants over my skirt, and then take them off when I went inside. Now I live in the pacific north west and seldom wear a skirt in the winter, but if I do I wear fleece lined leggings.

By the way I love the layered look, but in my opinion you have to be tall and skinny to wear it without looking frumpy.

Who's that friend of Lady Lydia that uses old wedding dresses as tablecloths, creating a nauseating sea of ruffles? It's like she styled PP Mom.

:rawr:

I'm not sure she's actually a friend of Lady Lydia, just that she was mentioned as rivaling her. That said, you're talking about Penny at Penny's Vintage Home.

penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/

That outfit makes her look like she was involved in some sort of unfortunate accident. She has absolutely NO idea about correct proportions or what to wear to flatter her body type. I can't believe she has the nerve to presume to tell other people what to wear. See evidence A,B, &C below:

QLoyhOH.jpg

zYipaZ0.jpg

MlYFtI9.jpg

My four year old just saw the pic with the red and burst out laughing.

Skirts honestly are awful in the winter. My sisters and i helped out at a neighbor's dairy farm for a while during our fundie years. It wasn't so bad, in the milking parlor with the cows keeping us warm. But spraying down and walking home, our skirts would freeze into sheets of cheap cotton. We wore pants underneath, but the stupid religious extra layer was just annoying.

Lisa's burlap (ok linen) jacket is from Magnolia Pearl. Snark paradise.

shop.magnoliapearl.com/top

The top was probably around $200, i couldn't find it on the site to be sure. :shock:

Ok...she wore THAT to CHURCH? I know some churches don't care about what you wear, but that just isn't right for a person who is all about appearances.

That outfit strolling a fall farmers market? Yes. Going to a square dance? Why not. Highschool is holding a ruffle day...give'r. Going to church? No. I go to church for weddings, funerals and special events, but even I know that flashy or messy looking just isn't on (and in my town its normal to see people in rubber boots at the bar on a friday night).

And as for wearing skirts, I have no idea why, but if I wear leggings with my skirts (I only own ones at the knee or higher) I just feel warmer than if I am wearing jeans. HOWEVER, I don't go out anywhere in -30 unless I'm wearing snowpants over what I am wearing. Two winters in Edmonton were enough for me.

And no, I will never do the 'skirt over snowpants' thing that Anna and Priscilla have done. Although if someone wants to turn a profit on that (Wholesome SnoWear maybe), you know of two people who would probably buy them.

Why do her tights have to match her t-shirts/shirts. That look disappeared in the 1980s where I'm from.

Love the beige socks ( or wooly tights) worn with blue slip on shoes to match the all brown ensemble.

When was it ever cool to wear brown from head to toe?? :?

The black clod hopper shoes just have to go back to the planet Clod.

Oh. My. Goodness. :pink-shock:

Lisa's burlap (ok linen) jacket is from Magnolia Pearl. Snark paradise.

shop.magnoliapearl.com/top

The top was probably around $200, i couldn't find it on the site to be sure. :shock:

Dress like an 18th Century French hobo for just $300 per piece! I can hand sew some crap out of old bed sheets and mail it to you for much less than $300 dollars, if anyone's interested.

Archived