IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, their flavour of Calvinist god behaves in a way that looks suspiciously close to the way they parent. He does whatever the heck he wants, he just wants to be grovelled to. And he punishes for stupid, petty things on a whim.

Nope, their flavour of Calvinist god behaves in a way that looks suspiciously close to the way they parent. He does whatever the heck he wants, he just wants to be grovelled to. And he punishes for stupid, petty things on a whim.

What a coinky-dink!

Lisa on Feminism:

But the main focus of the conference was about putting our eyes on God and not ourselves. Embracing who we were created to be instead of fighting for our freedoms. It was amazing and the timing couldn’t have been better. All four of us walked away with a sense of knowing that we are safe in the arms of a loving Father who leads us with a wisdom that we can’t fully understand.

*ahem* I don't think the bolded is mutually exclusive.

Lisa on changing tires on her van. What an entitled bitch. Not because she asked her son to change it, but the way she gloats about she shouldn't have to do it because she raised the kid.

The next morning I asked my oldest son if he would take the van to the tire place and get it all fixed back to the way it was before any of this ever happened., which he did. I do realize that sounds like I don’t do any work, but keep in mind I spent 20 years raising him. Not dealing with tire cleanup is is my reward for years of diapering and nose wiping and hurting my back pulling him in a wagon.

Reading back through the blog, it looks like Lisa had a relationship with her parents (sending two of the girls to help them out with stuff, anniversary party etc). She doesn't talk a lot about them, but she wasn't estranged either.

What a coinky-dink!

Lisa on Feminism:

*ahem* I don't think the bolded is mutually exclusive.

Lisa on changing tires on her van. What an entitled bitch. Not because she asked her son to change it, but the way she gloats about she shouldn't have to do it because she raised the kid.

Reading back through the blog, it looks like Lisa had a relationship with her parents (sending two of the girls to help them out with stuff, anniversary party etc). She doesn't talk a lot about them, but she wasn't estranged either.

WTF? Her child never asked to be born and for Lisa to do any of that. She chose to have a child (although she'll say God chose for her to have a child) and wipe his poopy butt and snotty nose. That's what parents do, it's not something you do to bank back favours later. While many kids grow up and want to do things for their parents out of love and gratitude, that's a kind and thankful gesture, not an expectation.

I bet you anything she is expecting her kids to treat her like royalty when she is in old age when her idea of loving parenting was to give away their things if they asked for a candy bar in a store, like children do.

She's so my new fave blog to hate read lol.

Yesterday my daughter were walking around

Target to kill time. She sees all this bedding and furnishings and asked I would get it for her, then pouted when I said no. The. She wanted a mirror, Panera Mac and cheese, and rice cakes. I m walking through the store thinking what the fuck planet does she think she's on that I would just redecorate her room on a whim! She got pouty when I said no. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i am laughing at the contrast.

Did Lisa and hubby use corporal punishment with their kids?

Don't have the patience to read through her archives.

WTF? Her child never asked to be born and for Lisa to do any of that. She chose to have a child (although she'll say God chose for her to have a child) and wipe his poopy butt and snotty nose. That's what parents do, it's not something you do to bank back favours later. While many kids grow up and want to do things for their parents out of love and gratitude, that's a kind and thankful gesture, not an expectation.

I bet you anything she is expecting her kids to treat her like royalty when she is in old age when her idea of loving parenting was to give away their things if they asked for a candy bar in a store, like children do.

She's so my new fave blog to hate read lol.

Those poor children. When she's elderly, she's going remind them of her "sacrifices" every hour of the day in an attempt to get her way. Imagine how viciously she'll slander the ones who can't (or refuse to) meet her demands. :(

Did Lisa and hubby use corporal punishment with their kids?

Don't have the patience to read through her archives.

They use all the code words for beating their children: "correcting," "disciplining," etc. Side note: In the first link, Cruella Pennington identifies with the Proverbs 31 paragon-of-virtue woman.

thepenningtonpoint.com/2012/03/intentionally-parenting-your-toddler-part-1/

Quote from the second link: If that isn’t working I may watch for a repeated pattern (kicking, arching their back, throwing their head) and the instant they do it I will pinch the fat place in their leg. thepenningtonpoint.com/2012/04/intentionally-parenting-your-toddler-part-2/

Quote from the third link: Spanking is a personal, family decision. We do spank for outright rebellion or heading into danger. If a child is screaming in their bed and having a fit about having to do what they are told, I would spank. But if you don’t then you must still be very firm and decisive.

I am wondering just how "outright rebellion" is defined at the Penningtentiary. thepenningtonpoint.com/2010/07/getting-kids-to-bed/

I don't know why this woman gets under my skin so much, but she does...just reading her blog makes me feel sick.

Yesterday my daughter were walking around

Target to kill time. She sees all this bedding and furnishings and asked I would get it for her, then pouted when I said no. The. She wanted a mirror, Panera Mac and cheese, and rice cakes. I m walking through the store thinking what the fuck planet does she think she's on that I would just redecorate her room on a whim! She got pouty when I said no. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i am laughing at the contrast.

So, are you saying she got to keep the bedding she already had instead of choosing it and 2 other items from her room to give away? I guess you're stuck with her, she'll never run away. :penguin-no:

I am wondering just how "outright rebellion" is defined at the Penningtentiary.

Breathing, I would imagine.

Love your calling it the Penningtentiary -- that pretty much nails it.

Are these folks former VF? They have a very VF-y vibe to them. Not to mention Jordan Niednagel is friends with Mr. Pennington.

And to the further crazy posted on FJ, all I have to say is that Faith on a motorcycle with a biker boyfriends is the most awesome FU to her mother. Love it!

That is just so awesome!

You go Faith! Keep on being awesome!

Okay, some dark humor here. Please Beware. I just got this mental vision of Lisa, old, wheelchair bound, maybe an oxygen tank. She asks one of her daughters for a glass of water, or something to eat. Her daughter tells her that she needs to learn to appreciate what she already has and picks out three things to give away, to someone less fortunate.....the oxygen tank, the wheelchair, and her Depends. :lol: ( I just know I'm going to catch some flack for this post). :popcorn2:

Breathing, I would imagine.

Love your calling it the Penningtentiary -- that pretty much nails it.

The bit about teens not needing privacy made me queasy. I couldn't stop myself: I went over there and left a post (that will never see the light of day) saying, "No wonder your daughter left home."

As the daughter of an EXTREMELY controlling mother, I'm getting PTSD from this chick. She makes my mom look like the queen of the laid-back, anything-goes hippies. My mom often stated that "any girl who lives on her own before marriage might as well be hanging a red light in her window," so my sisters and I lived at home until marriage (at ages 20, 28, and 26, respectively), and commuted to college. However, it was expected that we'd go to college, get jobs, and know how to support ourselves, and we were free to choose our own wardrobes, entertainment, reading materials, and friends.

Do her adult kids have jobs outside the home, or do they eke out pathetic amounts of spending money by doing chores for Mommy?

As the daughter of an EXTREMELY controlling mother, I'm getting PTSD from this chick. She makes my mom look like the queen of the laid-back, anything-goes hippies. My mom often stated that "any girl who lives on her own before marriage might as well be hanging a red light in her window," so my sisters and I lived at home until marriage (at ages 20, 28, and 26, respectively), and commuted to college. However, it was expected that we'd go to college, get jobs, and know how to support ourselves, and we were free to choose our own wardrobes, entertainment, reading materials, and friends.

Do her adult kids have jobs outside the home, or do they eke out pathetic amounts of spending money by doing chores for Mommy?

Her son is a "singer songwriter." He begs for cash. jacobpenningtonmusic.com/ No idea about the older daughters, but the one minor daughter (Patience) sells stock photos.

Edited to add that her son is a singer songwriter who doesn't actually write music. :cray-cray: However, one crucial skill that I do not have is composition. I need someone to work with me, not only to help craft the music itself, but also to design the orchestration and record the instrumental backing for each song. Even though I'm extremely interested in this part of the project, and even though I will be extensively involved in it, it really isn't my gift. :)

Her son is a "singer songwriter." He begs for cash. jacobpenningtonmusic.com/ No idea about the older daughters, but the one minor daughter (Patience) sells stock photos.

Edited to add that her son is a singer songwriter who doesn't actually write music. :cray-cray: However, one crucial skill that I do not have is composition. I need someone to work with me, not only to help craft the music itself, but also to design the orchestration and record the instrumental backing for each song. Even though I'm extremely interested in this part of the project, and even though I will be extensively involved in it, it really isn't my gift. :)

I'm sure he's being swamped with offers. :lol:

Uhh... did anyone take a look at the names of his songs? "Come Into Me," "Deep, Deep Love," "Come Higher." :lol: Talk about repressed!

They use all the code words for beating their children: "correcting," "disciplining," etc. Side note: In the first link, Cruella Pennington identifies with the Proverbs 31 paragon-of-virtue woman.

thepenningtonpoint.com/2012/03/intentionally-parenting-your-toddler-part-1/

Quote from the second link: If that isn’t working I may watch for a repeated pattern (kicking, arching their back, throwing their head) and the instant they do it I will pinch the fat place in their leg. thepenningtonpoint.com/2012/04/intentionally-parenting-your-toddler-part-2/

Quote from the third link: Spanking is a personal, family decision. We do spank for outright rebellion or heading into danger. If a child is screaming in their bed and having a fit about having to do what they are told, I would spank. But if you don’t then you must still be very firm and decisive.

I am wondering just how "outright rebellion" is defined at the Penningtentiary. thepenningtonpoint.com/2010/07/getting-kids-to-bed/

I don't know why this woman gets under my skin so much, but she does...just reading her blog makes me feel sick.

\

Because she is horrible, self-important, selfish, entitled bitch. You know, the Maxwells, the Bates, etc, despite everything else, seem to love their kids in their way. Lisa does not. She is like what Sparkling Lauren would have become had she and David stayed middle class fundies and developed control issues. In fact, I'd rather be the current incarnation of Lauren's kid than Lisa's. At least I could breathe.

I'm sure he's being swamped with offers. :lol:

His crowd source campaign has nearly completed successfully so someone likes him :roll:

Oldest daughter Grace sells her self-published novels on Amazon. It's sci-fi for Jesus.

I nipped over to Amazon.com to look--and realized that I had already sampled Grace's "Christian sci-fi" novel "Firmament: Radialloy" some time back.

All I had remembered about it was its cludgy title. All of its reviews--even the two two-star ones--reek of having been written by like-minded homeschoolers. Yes, what I read of the novel contained grammatically correct sentences and fairly good dialogue. But when a few of the reviewers gush about its being "the best book I've ever read," I have to speculate about how limited these folks' worldview is. It seems they don't read very widely, or deeply. And holding science fiction to the requirement of being "Christ-honoring"? I have no words.

I am reminded of the loser my friend's clueless young sister dated. Back in the '70s, he envisioned a career as a songwriter, although he couldn't play any instruments and couldn't write lyrics. He and his girlfriend hitchhiked to Nashville with the objective of finding music producers and--I $#!+ you not--HUMMING AT THEM. (I once wrote a short story about it titled "Humming On Down to Nashville.")

I am reminded of the loser my friend's clueless young sister dated. Back in the '70s, he envisioned a career as a songwriter, although he couldn't play any instruments and couldn't write lyrics. He and his girlfriend hitchhiked to Nashville with the objective of finding music producers and--I $#!+ you not--HUMMING AT THEM. (I once wrote a short story about it titled "Humming On Down to Nashville.")

Please. Tell me more.

Archived