IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

WTF?

:o

That's a big clue that's there something wrong right there. But hey, if the Arndts can manage having 10 kids still at home it's entirely possible for some other crazy family to have five.

The only big difference is that none of the Arndt kids have left home yet. At least, in this family there's one who decided there was something wrong with this picture and got out.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. I just caught up on this family. That is one nutty mother! I also love to re-do the interior of my house, I've received some great compliments, over the years, and I also am OCD about organizing. However,.....I would NEVER subject my kids to the over abundance of storage boxes, pails, and whatever else she had going on, in her son's bedroom. First, from a practical standpoint, your kids are not going to keep up with which lego part belongs, in which storage device. I don't care how many labels you use. Second, who would want to dust all of those containers? Can you imagine? Third, and most importantly, that room was a nothing but a display of her controlling personality. I've never seen any kid's room, that looks like that, especially an 11 year old boy's room. I seriously doubt that her son feels at all comfortable in that room. Thank heavens her daughter left. I hope she doesn't lose courage, give up, and return home. But man, I have a feeling she is going to need a LOT of therapy to get past the control that her mother has inflicted on all of her children. I'm serious! That kid's room was a huge red flag for me;it really creeped me out. :ew:

Oh yeah, found it. Thanks for clarification!

The Pioneer Woman's daughter ran off with someone? When? I've been trying to look it up online, but can't find any reference. Is she also really religious? Rats! I really love her recipes, even if they aren't really hers, as I've read elsewhere.

Thx for the Instagram links. Lol'ing at the photo of her riding a motorcycle behind an older guy, and her saying how much she loved it. Her mom is going to FLIP.

*Riffles

The Pioneer Woman's daughter ran off with someone? When? I've been trying to look it up online, but can't find any reference. Is she also really religious? Rats! I really love her recipes, even if they aren't really hers, as I've read elsewhere.

No, not PW's daughter but the daughter of Heather Sanders, one of the regular writers in the home school section.

She's visiting her BFF in Iowa now. Her instagram is alteredbyfaith.

You can see in her friend's instagram she is now wearing jeans and pants and cut her hair. instagram: shadowjix

How does someone as isolated as a Pennington Point kid have a BFF in Iowa? And if the BFF is also fundy--seems likely, as they can't socialize with anyone else--then how is the BFF's family OK with hosting Faith? I mean, I think it's great that she had somewhere to go, but how does this all work? Wouldn't the BFF's parents be obligated to return her to her prison guards parents?

I am so confused. :think:

How does someone as isolated as a Pennington Point kid have a BFF in Iowa? And if the BFF is also fundy--seems likely, as they can't socialize with anyone else--then how is the BFF's family OK with hosting Faith? I mean, I think it's great that she had somewhere to go, but how does this all work? Wouldn't the BFF's parents be obligated to return her to her prison guards parents?

I am so confused. :think:

Bekah Munck (sister to Elizabeth) commented on the bffs post with the fuzzy hat and the what up signs. (The last of the photos with the hat).

Homeschooling events maybe? Or someone who moved away but kept in touch digitally? Definitely on the fundie scale though if they know the Muncks.

Yeah I think they were internet friends. I saw the Bekah Munck post but wasn't sure it was one of those Muncks. Too bad she's private.

Speaking of Heather Sanders, she is speaking with her daughter now. They had a visit and are instagram friends again. But the daughter still has her own apartment and a boyfriend.

I just thought this was worth reposting. The bolded is it in a nutshell.

Mic drop.

If your own parents will help your child escape you, you are doing something very very wrong.

I can't get over the hypocrisy.

She tells her kids 'Honor thy mother and father' but that doesn't seem to apply to her honoring her parents?

Ugh. Fundies.

Anyway, I just spent the last hour hate reading her blog and she's freaking insane, no wonder that poor child ran.

1: thepenningtonpoint.com/2012/01/children-and-money/

Where do I even start with this? Making children pay to participate in family activities such as a movie or going to Sonic is ridiculous. Parents are supposed to pay for things like that if they take the children. It's one thing if you're talking about an adult child with a job, but parents should pay for their 10 year old on family outings.

If a child uses their money only for themselves, they are selfish. I would have them work really hard for very little pay, then tell them they have to use that pay to buy something for someone else.

Are you kidding me? They're CHILDREN.

If a child begs for things at the store, they don’t appreciate what they have. First of all, I would never buy them what they are asking for. Then I would take them home and choose 3 things from their room (YOU choose, not them) for them to give away. Not put on a shelf, not take away for a while, GIVE away. The less they have, the more they will appreciate their things.

Again. CHILDREN. Find me a child that has never asked for something in the store. I'll wait. And that sounds even cruller than Jana's Jewellery box. Just go and give away the special gift someone gave them or one of the very few things they have because got forbid they did what every little kid does and asks for a Peanut Butter Cup at the supermarket.

If a child whines about not getting paid enough then they are showing a “welfare†mentality. I would have them work for free for a day (preferably helping an elderly neighbor or doing a hard, unpleasant job). Feed them well, like you would any workman, but don’t allow them to whine. For every complaint they owe you an extra 15 minutes of work.

Yeah, that's totally how it works in the real world. I whinge I don't get paid enough for the crap I put up with at work and my boss can make me work the next day with no pay and make me stay another 15 minutes for any complaint :roll:

2. thepenningtonpoint.com/2014/04/teens-need-privacy/

The thing about teens needing privacy is…..it’s bunk. This is a “rule†of life that the teen just made up. Then society and psychology feeds it by telling them that they deserve it. I’m sorry, but it simply isn’t true.

......and you wonder why your daughter fled from you?

Now let me say here that I have never gone through my children’s drawers or made them show me their texts. When we have a problem, I may tell them that because I am not trusting them in a certain area it would be best if they show me those things. If they refuse (which has never happened so I am just thinking here) I would take the phone, contents of the drawer, etc. from them and hold it until they agreed to show it to me and discuss it responsibly and face whatever consequences come with their choices.

LOL blackmailing them and coercing them into showing you something is the same as going through it or forcing them to show you anyway. How the hell can she honestly think it's different?!

3. thepenningtonpoint.com/2011/10/mothers-and-daughters/

I rarely leave anon flames, but this drove me to it.

To be a godly woman requires understanding submission, being meek, courageous and feminine.

Be aware that your relationship with your husband is teaching your daughter how to be a wife.

If you disrespect your husband or undermine him, it is likely that your daughter will struggle with the same issues.

Ah yes, be a doormat for your husband so your girls can see a healthy relationship is all about being a doormat.

My girls understand that they can have dreams and visions of their own based on the talent God gave them. But they also need to be prepared to merge those dreams with a husband’s dreams someday and learn ways to adapt. Spend time helping your girls learn to serve others and sacrifice their needs without losing hope.

Sure, you can have a couple of dreams.....until we marry you off and transfer authority and then NO1CURR about your dreams!

She tells her kids 'Honor thy mother and father' but that doesn't seem to apply to her honoring her parents?

Ugh. Fundies.

Anyway, I just spent the last hour hate reading her blog and she's freaking insane, no wonder that poor child ran.

Where do I even start with this? Making children pay to participate in family activities such as a movie or going to Sonic is ridiculous. Parents are supposed to pay for things like that if they take the children. It's one thing if you're talking about an adult child with a job, but parents should pay for their 10 year old on family outings.

If a child uses their money only for themselves, they are selfish. I would have them work really hard for very little pay, then tell them they have to use that pay to buy something for someone else.

If a child begs for things at the store, they don’t appreciate what they have. First of all, I would never buy them what they are asking for. Then I would take them home and choose 3 things from their room (YOU choose, not them) for them to give away. Not put on a shelf, not take away for a while, GIVE away. The less they have, the more they will appreciate their things.

Again. CHILDREN. Find me a child that has never asked for something in the store. I'll wait. And that sounds even cruller than Jana's Jewellery box. Just go and give away the special gift someone gave them or one of the very few things they have because got forbid they did what every little kid does and asks for a Peanut Butter Cup at the supermarket.

If a child whines about not getting paid enough then they are showing a “welfare†mentality. I would have them work for free for a day (preferably helping an elderly neighbor or doing a hard, unpleasant job). Feed them well, like you would any workman, but don’t allow them to whine. For every complaint they owe you an extra 15 minutes of work.

Yeah, that's totally how it works in the real world. I whinge I don't get paid enough for the crap I put up with at work and my boss can make me work the next day with no pay and make me stay another 15 minutes for any complaint :roll:

The thing about teens needing privacy is…..it’s bunk. This is a “rule†of life that the teen just made up. Then society and psychology feeds it by telling them that they deserve it. I’m sorry, but it simply isn’t true.

Now let me say here that I have never gone through my children’s drawers or made them show me their texts. When we have a problem, I may tell them that because I am not trusting them in a certain area it would be best if they show me those things. If they refuse (which has never happened so I am just thinking here) I would take the phone, contents of the drawer, etc. from them and hold it until they agreed to show it to me and discuss it responsibly and face whatever consequences come with their choices.

LOL blackmailing them and coercing them into showing you something is the same as going through it or forcing them to show you anyway. How the hell can she honestly think it's different?!

To be a godly woman requires understanding submission, being meek, courageous and feminine.

Be aware that your relationship with your husband is teaching your daughter how to be a wife.

If you disrespect your husband or undermine him, it is likely that your daughter will struggle with the same issues.

Ah yes, be a doormat for your husband so your girls can see a healthy relationship is all about being a doormat.

My girls understand that they can have dreams and visions of their own based on the talent God gave them. But they also need to be prepared to merge those dreams with a husband’s dreams someday and learn ways to adapt. Spend time helping your girls learn to serve others and sacrifice their needs without losing hope.

Sure, you can have a couple of dreams.....until we marry you off and transfer authority and then NO1CURR about your dreams!

Wow, what a bitch. If I was her daughter, I would run away too. She is a horrible, restrictive parent who kills all the joy in life.

Its natural for children to see a toy at the supermarket and ask for something. Why make them give away three things just for asking. The best answer is to just tell them "No, sorry but you cannot have that, maybe you will get it for your birthday/for Christmas" or "Maybe if you saved up your allowance we can come back and get it when we have enough".

I think it is unfair to make children pay their way for movie tickets or in restaurants when out as a family. These things are treats set up by the parents, if they cannot afford to take all of the children and get them something, they shouldn't go until they have the money to take all of the kids. Sure, if they want to go to something by themselves as a teenager, or with friends, save up allowance, but to go out with family??

Lisa is not very bright, is she? This money thing she has going on is really damaging to a child's sense of self, independence and security. She is making them earn their place in the family when she CHOSE to give birth to them . She wants to do nothing more than create a bunch of frightened, needy, dependent adults who can demonstrate to the world how holy Lisa is.

And she made one of the kids go without shoes until he could buy more!

I know she made it sound like the kid stayed inside during that time, but he can't have for weeks! And letting a child go without shoes long-term is actually dangerous. They could step on something, or just cut their feet from rough ground. And, depending on the area of the world...hookworms and other parasites do come in through the feet. Then again, hookworms just cause tiredness and anemia, so that kid would then be easier to control. So maybe she doesn't care.

She's clearly never heard of honouring your kids either.

I'm very curious what Lisa's husband's like. From reading this and a quick flick through the site she sounds like a heinous, controlling troll and like most of the venom is coming from her. For all the talk about godly submission and so on I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one more in control in that relationship.

Admittedly she's reminding me way too much of my own MIL so I am likely projecting there.

The shilling of essential oils on the post about her daughter was something else! What a froot loop - the image of her manically rubbing oils over her face didn't make me feel sorry for her or like I had to buy the stupid things.

Hope the other kids escape too, good on Faith!

I'm very curious what Lisa's husband's like. From reading this and a quick flick through the site she sounds like a heinous, controlling troll and like most of the venom is coming from her. For all the talk about godly submission and so on I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one more in control in that relationship.

Admittedly she's reminding me way too much of my own MIL so I am likely projecting there.

The shilling of essential oils on the post about her daughter was something else! What a froot loop - the image of her manically rubbing oils over her face didn't make me feel sorry for her or like I had to buy the stupid things.

Hope the other kids escape too, good on Faith!

Husband: facebook.com/profile.php?id=759410479

Wow, what a bitch. If I was her daughter, I would run away too. She is a horrible, restrictive parent who kills all the joy in life.

Its natural for children to see a toy at the supermarket and ask for something. Why make them give away three things just for asking. The best answer is to just tell them "No, sorry but you cannot have that, maybe you will get it for your birthday/for Christmas" or "Maybe if you saved up your allowance we can come back and get it when we have enough".

I think it is unfair to make children pay their way for movie tickets or in restaurants when out as a family. These things are treats set up by the parents, if they cannot afford to take all of the children and get them something, they shouldn't go until they have the money to take all of the kids. Sure, if they want to go to something by themselves as a teenager, or with friends, save up allowance, but to go out with family??

Does that "if kids ask for something at the store you take things away so they appreciate what they have" rule ONLY apply to toys, or does it include clothes? Books? Hygiene products? If one of the teenage girls asks for pads (I don't have any illusions about them being allowed tampons) does she take away their toothbrushes?

Terrible person.

... First, from a practical standpoint, your kids are not going to keep up with which lego part belongs, in which storage device...

ahahahahahaha

Ok, they don't actually put them IN the storage device, but they know exactly where each piece lives (at least till Christmas, when we get a whole load more and have to rejig the boxes again).

Ugh. Fundies.

The day will come when Lisa is no longer able to care for herself and her children will be the ones making decisions for her. She better hope like hell that her children treat her better than she treated them.

Are these folks former VF? They have a very VF-y vibe to them. Not to mention Jordan Niednagel is friends with Mr. Pennington.

And to the further crazy posted on FJ, all I have to say is that Faith on a motorcycle with a biker boyfriends is the most awesome FU to her mother. Love it!

And she made one of the kids go without shoes until he could buy more!

I know she made it sound like the kid stayed inside during that time, but he can't have for weeks! And letting a child go without shoes long-term is actually dangerous. They could step on something, or just cut their feet from rough ground. And, depending on the area of the world...hookworms and other parasites do come in through the feet. Then again, hookworms just cause tiredness and anemia, so that kid would then be easier to control. So maybe she doesn't care.

Yeah, that's just ridiculous parenting. Kids lose crap. It's annoying, but it's what kids do and sometimes you just have to sigh, suck it up and buy new shoes. When I was younger and lost my soccer shoes, my parents replaced them, they didn't make me go without them for weeks and not play, but that made me do a few reasonable chores to help 'pay' for them to teach me to be responsible with things. I think I had to unload the dishwasher for a week and put the contents away. And that's fair enough, it's how it works in the real world. Like when I was a dumbass and lost my ipod in an airport, I had to replace it with my wages since I couldn't live without one.

Husband: facebook.com/profile.php?id=759410479

Your prayers for God's will are appreciated.

I spoke to "god". He said his will is for Faith to continue being far away from your toxic, controlling wife and he hopes the rest of the girls can get out too.

Archived