IGNORED

Jessa & BinBob's registries: Asking for over $30,000

Paperplate

I have a 15 year old manual can opener from Pampered Chef that works as good today as it did when I bought it. It is easy on the hands and I like that it rolls the edges of the can top and can so there are never sharp edges. The top becomes a lid.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can only hope Jessa writes thank-you notes...

... but Jill didn't so I doubt it!

What?!! What is she doing all day? I can understand not getting them out right away but 4-8 weeks later so that people know their gift was at least received, hopefully appreciated. Do you think she sent any or maybe just not to strangers? Did you gift her something?

How do we know Jill didn't send thank-you notes? Because she didn't post a picture on Instagram like Alyssa Bates/Webster did?

I mentioned this a while back but there are photos out there of the 'thank you' postcards that Jill and Derick sent to people after their wedding. Some of the Duggars' family friends posted online about receiving them.

Off topic, but I freaking hate ironing boards. We never had any place to store one when I was growing up (lived mostly in apartments when I was a kid), and the board part is never wide enough to completely lay a shirt out on to press. It was really only good for creasing.

After I became an adult, I looked for a portable ironing pad. I love it - you can lay it out anywhere on a hard surface, and it's wide enough to accomodate a shirt for pressing.

They are also more reasonably priced than ironing boards. Here's a link for one:

www.amazon.com/Whitmor-6154-2676-Ironin ... +for+table

i'm sure you'll love it :D it looks difficult to use but there's a magnet thing that just kind of sticks to the can the right way then you just turn the handle, and turn it to the left once and push a button to release the magnet.

:banana-linedance:

Yeah, make sure you use as Coco described. I'd never had one that set on the top of the can before and I'm embarrassed to admit how long it took me to figure out! The button operates the little clamps, which will grip and remove the can top, which is a nice little feature even though the top is not sharp.

Yeah, make sure you use as Coco described. I'd never had one that set on the top of the can before and I'm embarrassed to admit how long it took me to figure out! The button operates the little clamps, which will grip and remove the can top, which is a nice little feature even though the top is not sharp.

oh i thought the button was for the magnet. :lol: that's good to know, that there's a lid grabber. nope didn't read the instructions. :embarrassed:

What?!! What is she doing all day? I can understand not getting them out right away but 4-8 weeks later so that people know their gift was at least received, hopefully appreciated. Do you think she sent any or maybe just not to strangers? Did you gift her something?

No need to waste money on the Duggar / Dillard families - they're well off I'd say!

The Duggars are, but other than the house for dill, I'm not sure how much of his precious money boob parted with. I especially don't expect bessa to get much.

I payed for the team and bought them some rented wax. I wanted to get a roll of duct tape but it was local only. I spent more on shipping then the wax. 8.00 of hard earned money I will never see again (G)

I don't see Jim Bob making Jessa and Ben live in his bin. I think the new home and location are probably being held as surprises for next season's ratings.

Even if Jim Bob does prefer Jill over Jessa right now, I don't think he'd be stupid enough to expect Jessa and Ben to live in the storage unit. There would be too much backlash against him from the public if he did that.

I don't see Jim Bob making Jessa and Ben live in his bin. I think the new home and location are probably being held as surprises for next season's ratings.

Even if Jim Bob does prefer Jill over Jessa right now, I don't think he'd be stupid enough to expect Jessa and Ben to live in the storage unit. There would be too much backlash against him from the public if he did that.

not only that - but all the stuff they will be getting from their registries where the hell would Jessa put it - also Ben - that man cave didn't look like it had a closet :D

Rented wax? What is that? Where you like, get to use the wax for a few hours?
well that sented wax smell does not last so it is like renting it

I payed for the team and bought them some rented wax. I wanted to get a roll of duct tape but it was local only. I spent more on shipping then the wax. 8.00 of hard earned money I will never see again (G)

if they send you a thank you note - I bet there will be a return address

send them condoms :D

Off topic, but I freaking hate ironing boards. We never had any place to store one when I was growing up (lived mostly in apartments when I was a kid), and the board part is never wide enough to completely lay a shirt out on to press. It was really only good for creasing.

After I became an adult, I looked for a portable ironing pad. I love it - you can lay it out anywhere on a hard surface, and it's wide enough to accomodate a shirt for pressing.

They are also more reasonably priced than ironing boards. Here's a link for one:

http://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-6154-2676 ... +for+table

To continue the off-topic: thank you for sharing this!!! I iron on the bed every morning (because: procrastination) and my husband always gives me shit about ruining the (old) mattress (even though he uses my makeshift ironing area too). This is great! I can continue with my procrastinating, which I'm very good at.

To continue the off-topic: thank you for sharing this!!! I iron on the bed every morning (because: procrastination) and my husband always gives me shit about ruining the (old) mattress (even though he uses my makeshift ironing area too). This is great! I can continue with my procrastinating, which I'm very good at.

You're welcome. :) I'm right there with you, I usually like to iron uniforms, suits, and hems for clothing alterations in front of the TV, so I just lay the ironing pad out on my mattress, and I'm good to go. No worries about setting up and storing a large, bulky ironing board. :D

I can't believe some of the things they registered for. I couldn't imagine having the gall to do this. It feels like they just registered for at least one of everything.

For me one of the most absurd items is the ice cube trays. They aren't even nice ice cube trays!! We live in a rental, and our place came with ice cube trays similar to the ones they registered for. Pretty much any fridge comes with ice cube trays inside them already.

Also, the amount of mixing bowls on the registry is crazy. Two different kinds of measuring spoons. Two ice cream scoops. They registered for 4 different colors of cereal bowls. Who needs that many cereal bowls?!?! The $500 pot and pan set, THAT SOMEONE BOUGHT, plus all the assorted random pans. I cook eggs a lot and I don't need 2 10' inch frying pans. They registered for at least 3 different kinds of cutting boards. I could go on and on, but I won't.

The Bed, Bath and Beyond is the only registry I have looked at. I am so flummoxed by the items on there, but even more so by some of the items that people have actually purchased for them. Who are these people that are buying these items?

After a 7 year marriage I am still working in a no fuss kitchen. Most of our pans were given or purchased used. I did splurge in year 4 and we got a Kitchenaide for ourselves. We are slowly getting nicer knives. We recently were given a set of matching dishes that came out of my hope chest. To have all this stuff from the start would have seemed strange.

Edit:

I had to come back and add this after more perusing, there hardly seems to be rhyme or reason to the color schemes for their bathroom and bedroom. They registered for bath mats, and towels, and curtains that don't even go together. How many bathrooms is their new home going to have? And the amount of bed sets, and they don't seem to coordinate. This is driving me crazy.

I never had a wedding shower, or got gifts for getting married, but I registered for the most practical gifts for my baby shower. I think I had a few $50 items on there, but I didn't expect that anyone would actually get them. When I got pregnant again, my sister insisted on throwing me a baby shower since I was having a child of a different gender, I did not register anywhere and certainly did not expect a single thing. I am flabbergasted by their way of thinking.

I mentioned this a while back but there are photos out there of the 'thank you' postcards that Jill and Derick sent to people after their wedding. Some of the Duggars' family friends posted online about receiving them.

Postcards. Now that's classy!

The Bed, Bath and Beyond is the only registry I have looked at. I am so flummoxed by the items on there, but even more so by some of the items that people have actually purchased for them. Who are these people that are buying these items?

I would hope people who purchased items would be actual family and friends. Michelle is the youngest of seven children so they have a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins. And most of their cousins should be older and grown. I would think something like a $500 pots and pan set could have been a group gift from an aunt, uncle and a few cousins or something?

I can't believe some of the things they registered for. I couldn't imagine having the gall to do this. It feels like they just registered for at least one of everything....

Also, the amount of mixing bowls on the registry is crazy. Two different kinds of measuring spoons. Two ice cream scoops. They registered for 4 different colors of cereal bowls. Who needs that many cereal bowls?!?! hope chest. To have all this stuff from the start would have seemed strange. ...

I had to come back and add this after more perusing, there hardly seems to be rhyme or reason to the color schemes for their bathroom and bedroom. They registered for bath mats, and towels, and curtains that don't even go together. How many bathrooms is their new home going to have? And the amount of bed sets, and they don't seem to coordinate. This is driving me crazy.

This is also driving ME crazy. Nothing matches. NOTHING. NOTHING!!!

My primary theory is that each of them...Jessa, Bin, AND their 10-yr-old chaperone-of-the-day, had a scanning gun, and each went their separate ways in the store with it.

My other theory is that this is Jessa making some kind of STATEMENT..."I don't really CARE about all this STUFF, and I don't CARE if my house is matchy-matchy, but I was told to make a registry, so we just scanned every single thing we saw in the store that we liked."

I would hope people who purchased items would be actual family and friends. Michelle is the youngest of seven children so they have a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins. And most of their cousins should be older and grown. I would think something like a $500 pots and pan set could have been a group gift from an aunt, uncle and a few cousins or something?

And that kind of stuff does happen, at least it does here, and I'm not too far from them when it comes cultural stuff. My two bridal attendants' parents went together to buy us a pretty big gift when we got married. My aunts and uncles did the same thing. I ended up with more of my "wish" items because of that and not my regular items like I thought I would.

Archived