IGNORED

Jessa & BinBob's registries: Asking for over $30,000

Paperplate

They registered for five door mats. It's just very strange.

One for every day of the working week? :roll:

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither of them work.

ROFL and not only that

all this stuff people are buying is hilarious

someone bought them the same thing Erin Bates had - that canopy

I wish I paid extra to have that wax gift wrapped. I feel so shallow.

No, no, no...you saved the difference, right!

No, no, no...you saved the difference, right!

If only you could have bought used too. A half used wax package would have been the ideal gift! :wink-kitty:

Postcards. Now that's classy!

I hope they actually wrote on them. "Dearest Leghumper, thank you for the lovely Arkansas-shaped cutting board. We look forward to Jill using it a whole lot, and Derick eating things Jill chopped on there. #jillduggar #derickduggar #YesHesADuggarNow"

I get really annoyed when I see on the Duggar and Bates confessions Tumblr that "they are going to have a lot of guests, so they have to ask for a lot more stuff than usual." Um, no they don't.

I feel a little like a hypocrite for snarking on someone else's registry when my own included a few goofy things, but not even having 1,000 guests justifies a kayak.

They registered for five door mats. It's just very strange.

One for Jessa

One for Michelle

One for Jana's hope chest

One for Jingers Hope Chest and one for

Grandma Duggar.

ROFL and not only that

all this stuff people are buying is hilarious

someone bought them the same thing Erin Bates had - that canopy

It's so stupid. Doormats last ages.

ALTHOUGH they may be smarter than we think and are stocking up on things they will need in the future because:

a) Kids are expensive

b) The TLC train will probably have dried up

c) Would Boob give them a decent amount of house / cash

d) Are their "job" plans going to work

You never know!

Okay, I'll confess. I didn't actually do it, but I seriously considered adding a copy of the Betty Crocker Cookbook to Benessa's Amazon registry and buying it for them. ALL THAT CRAP between the two couples and they don't even ask for a cookbook? In other words, they can't read fractions or use them effectively, can they? Who the hell needs an apple peeling machine to make a pie once or twice, for instance?

I have been using the Betty Crocker Cookbook for 20+ years now. Betty never steers me wrong. Considering the fact there is no job between Jessa and Ben, one might think they'd be looking for ways to minimize their daily upkeep; cooking at home's a great way to do that.

In the meantime, the most expensive gift we got wasn't on our registry. Our best man is a dentist. He bought us a set of Henckels knives with the block. We use them EVERY DAY. Maybe Benessa needs to return some of the 293874032984 cereal bowls they got and buy the stuff they'll really need, like one of those magnetic strips to hold the 3 knives they're getting. They're not getting pillows for their bed, either, but they're getting three ice cream scoops and something called a "dessert bullet". Have they lost their minds? I sure as hell didn't see a lot of towels being bought, either. Maybe they can drip-dry or something. I would forgo the lovely "wall art" and 25 candles to get myself some damn towels!

Stuff we asked for on our registry that we use the most:

Pfalzgraff dishes. We've had them for 20 years; they're still going strong.

silverware

We've replaced our bathroom towels three times now, but the first set lasted almost 10 years

We gave away a very large Revereware stock pot because it's just the two of us, but I gave it to someone with a large family.

Betty Crocker cookbook

Hot mats. Did they even ask for hot mats or kitchen towels?

Stuff I would ask for in a hot minute if we were getting married again:

Fiestaware. Inexpensive and sturdy.

Pyrex nesting glass mixing bowls: I got some at Costco a year ago for $8.

Lodge Dutch oven. Seriously. It works like Le Creuset at a fraction of the cost.

A very good set of sheets.

Costco towels.

Betty Crocker cookbook

French White bakeware. We've had ours for almost fifteen years now; we use them almost every day.

If people were nice and generous enough to give us money, we'd pool it to get the best cookware set we could and another Kitchen Aid.

We got crystal and other items that are gathering dust in the cupboards. I am grateful for every gift we got, but the longer we have been married, the more I am practical about any gift I give those getting married. They don't need a crystal chess set or a cilantro wall hanging.

The longer I look at those registries, the more convinced I am that the theory is true: There were more than the two of them with a pricing scanner and they have NO IDEA what's on those registries. And I remain convinced that Jill Duggar's parents restocked their house with multiple items (especially towels) from HER registry.

I must confess because, I guess I feel I must. I sent Jessa and Ben a gift when they had only the only registry at BB and beyond. I bought kerig coffee and cute coffee cups I thought might match some of their stuff. The cups were not on registry. I recieved a handwritten thank you with a PO Box address about a week or 2 later. I know she didnt need it but i've always liked her. Well thats my story. I dont usually send gifts to people I dont know. Amy

One for every day of the working week? :roll:

Reminds me of Day of the Week panties like I used to see in the little girls section of the Sears catalogue.

Speaking of KitchenAids, I got a Groupon email today for a "KitchenAid 600 Series Professional Stand Mixer with a 6Qt. Bowl Lift (Refurbished)" (that's the title). Seems expensive ($280) but I don't know how much a brand-spankin new one goes for.

Speaking of KitchenAids, I got a Groupon email today for a "KitchenAid 600 Series Professional Stand Mixer with a 6Qt. Bowl Lift (Refurbished)" (that's the title). Seems expensive ($280) but I don't know how much a brand-spankin new one goes for.

There are a few variations of this model but it usually goes for $339 ish new. The better deals can be found sometimes at Kohls when they have 30% off Kohls cash and a rebate. Right now at Kohls if you use a Kohls charge they are $314.99 with $60 kohls cash back. Usually closer to BF they will have the rebates from kitchenaid that can get you closer to $199 net. Just make sure if you order online you watch you time zone for the rebate to be dated properly. This is always an issue with Kohls.

When they were first on the market they ran right around $500. My husband got mine at a steal for $375. That's what they normally run now. I've never seen the pro for under $300. The artisans are usually in the 150-250 range but they have plastic gears.

fwiw, i'm pretty sure mine is refurbished (gift from hubby, so not 100% sure), and it wobbles. The pin works it's way out in the back, and the paint on the beater wore off. Just fyi :)

Still an awesome mixer, though.

fwiw, i'm pretty sure mine is refurbished (gift from hubby, so not 100% sure), and it wobbles. The pin works it's way out in the back, and the paint on the beater wore off. Just fyi :)

Still an awesome mixer, though.

mine has always had the pin come loose

It's possible that they plan to return/exchange a lot of the gifts received. Think about it - people buy them the 7 different comforter sets, they choose their favorite and return it at the store for money back/store credit. As long as people include gift receipts!

It's possible that they plan to return/exchange a lot of the gifts received. Think about it - people buy them the 7 different comforter sets, they choose their favorite and return it at the store for money back/store credit. As long as people include gift receipts!

Bed Bath & Beyond will take returns for ANY item on their registry and give CASH back. They have one of the best return policies. (They are also discrete and will not inform the person who bought it for you that it has been returned). It can even be an item bought at Target, but is still sold at BBB, and they'll take it.

well isn't that special

guess that is how they will make their money - guess they learned from the best

hmmm

not impressed - but still excited for the wedding

here is something that bothers me not about them but about JB

every time he wants to call a meeting and he acts like he is the grand circus man

in every episode he does and then he acts and I hate that

When they were first on the market they ran right around $500. My husband got mine at a steal for $375. That's what they normally run now. I've never seen the pro for under $300. The artisans are usually in the 150-250 range but they have plastic gears.

I bought my Pro model on sale at Macy's. I had a little inheritance from my dad and decided that the K5A would be a good way to spend a little of it. (My dad made the best biscuits.) The night I went to Macy's for the K5A we had a tropical storm pass through. I remember carrying that heavy machine to my car in heavy wind. It was not fun.

Archived