IGNORED

Jessa & BinBob's registries: Asking for over $30,000

Paperplate

I do a lot of cooking and baking, and the only appliance I can think of that I truly use multiples of is slow cookers. I have 5, from a Little Dipper to an 8 quart, and all get tons of use. Some people find it excessive, but I use them all, and I never would have put that many on a registry. On the flip side, I never have had and never will have an electric can opener.

I got so, so lucky with my Kitchen Aid. I do cakes and I was saving all my profits for a KA mixer and was halfway there. I go into a store and lo and behold: a display model marked half off! There were like 3 women standing there staring at it, and I ran up and grabbed it without a second thought! She doesn't have a name, but I do lovingly stroke her and profess my adoration at least once a week. :lol:

We had an extremely small, simple registry at Target and I still received an ironing board cover, but no ironing board. 12 years later and we still make do with a small table top board because we've never gotten around to buying a big one.

me too! What's your favorite kind?

i had one electric can opener and it busted within a few weeks. :x (the inexpensive one from walmart, but still very disappointing) So my hubby got me this: the best can opener i've ever used. The blade never gets messy from the can contents, so it won't rust or really have to be cleaned much. It's awesome.

post-10046-14451999539057_thumb.jpg

oxo can pay me in can openers for the ad. i figure a couple more should be all i need and i'll will them to the kids :lol:

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally looked at that BB&B registry, and WTF?

The only explanation scenario I can come up with for the multiple duplicates and nothing matching, and I can totally see B&J doing this, is: They each had a scanner, AND their 10-yr-old chaperone had a scanner, and all 3 of them went around the store SEPERATELY, scanning stuff.

I finally looked at that BB&B registry, and WTF?

The only explanation scenario I can come up with for the multiple duplicates and nothing matching, and I can totally see B&J doing this, is: They each had a scanner, AND their 10-yr-old chaperone had a scanner, and all 3 of them went around the store SEPERATELY, scanning stuff.

Yeah, I also thought about that. That's a reasonable explanation. Still: Who doesn't look through their registry (or registries, in this case) again before ADVERTISING them on their wedding invite? It's not like you don't notice at the first look that there's something wrong with the registry.

And they also apparently made the decision to register for duplicate stuff at other stores. Also an "accident"?

I don't get what good a registry does if EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS is on it. They could have just put this on the invite:

GIVE US LOTSA PRESENTS! WE WANT EVERYTHING! WE DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT IT IS OR WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE OR IF WE ACTUALLY NEED IT OR IF SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY GAVE US THE SAME THING! WE WANT IT! MOOOOOOOORE! Especially fake flowers and weapons and candles and picture frames and kitchen appliances that we won't ever use! MOOOOOOOORE!

I grew up very poor--no central heat or air conditioning in central Kansas and ALL hand me down clothes/shoes until I got a part time job at age 16. I lived "in sin" with my future husband through our final two years of college and REFUSED to have a bridal shower because we already had hand me downs and Wal-Mart items. When I was forced by my in-laws to make a registry it totaled less than $1500 and I hand wrote and mailed thank you notes within 3 weeks of the wedding. Jill and Jessa absolutely disgust me!

These girls have had a very comfortable life for at least the past ten years when TLC came knocking. I didn't fly on an airplane until I was 21 years old or leave the USA until my Canadian honeymoon at age 23. They have traveled the country and the world. Anyone who says "poor Duggars" is a jerk.

The poor Duggars thing makes me want to vomit. I'd LOVE to take the trips that they've taken and NOT APPRECIATED.

Jboob might not be poor, but I can definitely see him not giving the kids much of any of it.

Soooo jealous about the trips! I'd sacrifice my right a and left leg to do half of he traveling they've done!

My creeper combo:

Razorback picture frame*, lime squeezer and salt [crystals]... for their Saturday afternoon football margarita parties (I'll send them Pier 1 margarita glasses as my leghumper gift).

*WTF?! Are they going to print a selfie and put it in the frame of a school they never attended?

I can't blame them for the grift - that's probably all they'll get from their work on the show as I don't imagine Boob sharing any of it.

Why anyone would actually buy them any of it blows my mind though. (apart from people who know them, obviously, but how much spare cash does the average fundie have). Why would a leghumper do that? If you really believe in their credo (frugality, eleventy kids, no education), shouldn't you just keep them in your prayers with a special mention to fertility or something?

Do we think Jessa is going to get a whole lot less than Jill? I suspect lots of people are going to scale back after getting carried away on Jill's wedding. I know they have been. Rouget up not to covet others but even so, I'd be burning if I lived in a shipping container and my sister got the McMansion.

Still wondering where they are going to live. What are the possibilities?

Do we think Jessa is going to get a whole lot less than Jill? I suspect lots of people are going to scale back after getting carried away on Jill's wedding. I know they have been. Rouget up not to covet others but even so, I'd be burning if I lived in a shipping container and my sister got the McMansion.

Still wondering where they are going to live. What are the possibilities?

Jessa and Bin apparently want just a small house with one storey (that is easy to clean) - Boob; off to the auctions you go...

I am starting to think Benessa might be the implosion to blast a crater into Duggarland.

It is strange how it is so quiet about Jessa's wedding.

JB might be realizing this was a huge mistake, what with Ben not having a job/career that can sustain a family, no McMansion to bless the bridal couple with - this ain't Derick and Jill and their cute little story. Easy to get behind Dill and support thier marriage, not so here.

I am starting to think Benessa might be the implosion to blast a crater into Duggarland.

It is strange how it is so quiet about Jessa's wedding.

JB might be realizing this was a huge mistake, what with Ben not having a job/career that can sustain a family, no McMansion to bless the bridal couple with - this ain't Derick and Jill and their cute little story. Easy to get behind Dill and support thier marriage, not so here.

It's partly Boob's fault that Bin has no career... he was working and studying and then he made Bin because his PA b*tch.

It's partly Boob's fault that Bin has no career... he was working and studying and then he made Bin because his PA b*tch.

That's kinda of my point. When Derick came a'courting he'd already finished college plus he'd done two years in Nepal on missionary work. That's someone who seems ready for the next phase in life, marriage and family.

Ben is only at CC, which for some trades that is all that's needed but if he's going to be a minister he should get a bachelor's degree, even if from some rigid Christian college.

Ben's got a long way to go to be considered ready for marriage and family, and being derailed to be the yardboy didn't help.

But also, Jill herself was pursuing a "career" which if she had not married Derick, perhaps she would have become a real midwife.

Jessa just hangs around the TTH, posting stupid stuff on social media.

Just so much easier to support Jill and Derick, while Jessa and Ben just make you feel uneasy.

Not sure if Jedda will get less than Jill. The kitchenaid has been bought and a $300 Bose speaker thing from target too!

Did a couple of Fundie families pool all their money to afford it? A kitchenaid is not cheap!

I can't believe anyone who has ever seen the show would have purchased the cooking stuff. I don't like to be mean, but the girl cannot heat up frozen dinner rolls without burning them, what in the world does she need a $500 set of pans for?!?!?!?!

I can't believe anyone who has ever seen the show would have purchased the cooking stuff. I don't like to be mean, but the girl cannot heat up frozen dinner rolls without burning them, what in the world does she need a $500 set of pans for?!?!?!?!

I think Jessa continuously burning the rolls was just a plot ploy. She did it at least two episodes (I think two episodes in a row). She's not particularly flighty. She can, presumably, set a timer. That's really all that is involved here.

We had an extremely small, simple registry at Target and I still received an ironing board cover, but no ironing board. 12 years later and we still make do with a small table top board because we've never gotten around to buying a big one.

me too! What's your favorite kind?

i had one electric can opener and it busted within a few weeks. :x (the inexpensive one from walmart, but still very disappointing) So my hubby got me this: the best can opener i've ever used. The blade never gets messy from the can contents, so it won't rust or really have to be cleaned much. It's awesome.

[attachment=0]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

oxo can pay me in can openers for the ad. i figure a couple more should be all i need and i'll will them to the kids :lol:

OMG exactly -if I ever even thought about anything I would have bought them the canopy for the bed that someone bought them or even the shower caddy thing

Practical practical people

Did a couple of Fundie families pool all their money to afford it? A kitchenaid is not cheap!

I officially hate Blessa now.

Thank you for the recommendation! I'm totally buying this exact can opener this weekend. My cheap, manual Wal-Mart one that is 15 years old finally bit the dust and I want one that's going to last. I'll break it in with cooking some Tator Tot Casserole since it takes 14 cans of slop. Just kidding--low sodium Progresso soup for me ;)
i'm sure you'll love it :D it looks difficult to use but there's a magnet thing that just kind of sticks to the can the right way then you just turn the handle, and turn it to the left once and push a button to release the magnet.

:banana-linedance:

Whatever, I'm just going to send them some fuzzy handcuffs and a paddle. That Ed Wheat book that Jim-Boob gave Josh before his wedding discourages the use of toys but doesn't forbid them. And something tells me Jessa has a kinky side... :twisted:

A lot of my kitchen items I just bought myself or were gifts throughout the years-microwave, slow cooker. For the longest time I figured I was fine with just a few basics.

However, over the past few years, I've become much more interested in cooking and baking, and I've expanded my skills in the kitchen. Hmm, maybe because I have quite a few foodie friends. Sure, I'd like the high end stuff, but I'm on a limited budget. A lot of times I find decent stuff at my local thrift shops. And my mom isn't quite the foodie I am and has no problems parting with some of her stuff that hasn't been used in ages. She recently gave me her sifter, a pasty chef and a really nice cast iron skillet.

Let the leghumpers buy stuff it just shows how gullible they are wonder if they will even get a personal thanks?

We can only hope Jessa writes thank-you notes...

... but Jill didn't so I doubt it!

Archived