IGNORED

Jessa & BinBob's registries: Asking for over $30,000

Paperplate

You can only chop ONE thing at a time... two if Bin helps; unlikely, so back to one.

Well, I have quite a few, but that is because I don't want to do the dishes every day.... So....3-4 would be adequte.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they not have any hand-me-down shit in that warehouse of theirs? I guess used is all good until they have their own homes. I have no problem with their wanting new things but they always talk about being thrifty (when they're the ones footing the bill). :evil-eye:

Southern girl here: I am so embarrassed for these girls and their registries. I bet Grandma Duggar is mortified. You can tell she was brought up in a time when people had class.

I agree that next season viewers should look out for the items they brought for Jessa and Jill being used at JB and Michelle's house

Don't the registries stay "live" for a couple months after the Blessed Event?

If not, we either need to do lots and lots AND LOTS of screen caps or print it out... The stack of papers will rival my copy of War and Peace!

Jesus First, Others Second, Yourself Last indeed...

Wedding registries are supposed to be used for items needed to set up a new house. And don't give me that crap about nothing for a groom. Last time I checked, men eat food off of plates with silverware made in pots and pans with different appliances. They drink beverages out of glasses. They sleep on beds equipped with sheets and blankets. They dry off with towels after their showers. Household items are used by everyone in the household. Wedding registries aren't supposed to be for electronic gadgets and toys. Those are things you ask for on your birthday or Christmas or use your own damn money to buy. No way in hell I'd give a MacBook or a kayak as a wedding gift. Jessa and Ben's wedding registries are pure greed. Nothing more.

Also, if you buy a wedding gift for people you know only through your television screen, you're an idiot. Why waste your money on people you've never met who would most likely never accept you as a friend even if they had the opportunity to do so.

They won't even respond to fans asking them questions on their Instagram pages but they expect all these gifts. Heck, at least Erin Paine responds to all her fans....and she's actually busy teaching piano lessons. What exactly does Jessa do besides post selfies?

Wedding registries are supposed to be used for items needed to set up a new house. And don't give me that crap about nothing for a groom. Last time I checked, men eat food off of plates with silverware made in pots and pans with different appliances. They drink beverages out of glasses. They sleep on beds equipped with sheets and blankets. They dry off with towels after their showers. Household items are used by everyone in the household. Wedding registries aren't supposed to be for electronic gadgets and toys. Those are things you ask for on your birthday or Christmas or use your own damn money to buy. No way in hell I'd give a MacBook or a kayak as a wedding gift. Jessa and Ben's wedding registries are pure greed. Nothing more.

Also, if you buy a wedding gift for people you know only through your television screen, you're an idiot. Why waste your money on people you've never met who would most likely never accept you as a friend even if they had the opportunity to do so.

Very well said! :clap:

One thing that's clear from this thread: I need to get a Kitchen Aid stand mixer STAT, even though I don't cook or bake or do much except scavenge for food in the kitchen :D

These registries are pure greed, I don't care if they've never had anything of their own. Who the flaff needs TWO blenders?! 11 cutting boards?! I mean, a few cutting boards, yeah but 11? WTF. It's like they got scanner-happy à la Bart Simpson when he registers for a fake wedding.

Well, I have quite a few, but that is because I don't want to do the dishes every day.... So....3-4 would be adequte.

So true - I have 6 - 2 were gifts. But still, 11?

Strawberry huller? I can cut the stems off faster with a knife than using one of those.

Strawberry huller? I can cut the stems off faster with a knife than using one of those.

Apparently they haven't heard about the straw method.

it's even easier to hold the stem and bite it then give the dog the rest.

One thing that's clear from this thread: I need to get a Kitchen Aid stand mixer STAT, even though I don't cook or bake or do much except scavenge for food in the kitchen :D

These registries are pure greed, I don't care if they've never had anything of their own. Who the flaff needs TWO blenders?! 11 cutting boards?! I mean, a few cutting boards, yeah but 11? WTF. It's like they got scanner-happy à la Bart Simpson when he registers for a fake wedding.

Yes Kitchen Aid mixers are amazing!! Adore mine but it's abused because I've never named it. It was a Christmas gift though.

I am completely unable to dredge up the slightest bit of empathy for the girls and their ridiculous registries because "they never had anything of their own before". That is a pathetic attempt at an excuse for blatant greed. My parents were missionaries, and if you want to talk about poor, lets talk. The Duggars (even with their billion siblings and having to share) are considerably wealthier than we ever were. We were thrilled to get "new" clothes at the thrift stores (which, in our tiny town, were rejects from thrift stores in the USA). And, when I got married, it never even crossed my mind to register for anything other than the household necessities (i.e. dishes, cutlery, towels, a bedding set, etc...) Some of our family members pitched in together and bought us a desk from Costco (that was the most expensive gift we received) and another couple guests pitched in and bought us a Corelle set.

Someone needs to talk some sense into Ben and Jessa - their registries are shameful.

Someone needs to talk some sense into Ben and Jessa - their registries are shameful.

Sense must not be one of their Wisdom Booklets.

I feel like there HAS to be something to fundies registering for so damned many comforter sets. Jilly had 3-4, these two have 5-6, all the OTHER fundie registries I've seen always have multiples...

Why not just pick ONE nice set you like?? Hell, DH and I had enough trouble agreeing on ONE set for the master bedroom. Took us six months to find one we liked . . .

I feel like there HAS to be something to fundies registering for so damned many comforter sets. Jilly had 3-4, these two have 5-6, all the OTHER fundie registries I've seen always have multiples...

Why not just pick ONE nice set you like?? Hell, DH and I had enough trouble agreeing on ONE set for the master bedroom. Took us six months to find one we liked . . .

and they're not even in a cold state! The only thing that makes sense is company, or using them for pallets for their little brothers and sisters when they sleepover.

When I got married five years ago, and several friends were doing the same, it was pretty common to add a few big items on your registry for group purchase, OR because that specific store gave a discount on all the I purchased items for X amount of time after the wedding. I could excuse a few items for that purpose only, but clearly that is not what is happening with these registries. Not to mention, most of those stores don't offer it.

I do wish someone had spoken up, but most likely the registry person was young, these are relatively famous people, they probably didn't want to step on toes. IIRC though places like BBB give you a guide of what I normal to register for. Apparently they took that to mean Starter List.

If they're scanning in things like cleaning supplies to get the unpurchased discount, they should wait to add to the registry until the week before the wedding (or the store's latest allowed cut off date). At least, that's what they'd do if they had a little decency.

They are opening a restaurant. Thats why they want 11 cutting boards, so many cups and silverware sets, the kitchenaid mixer, etc.

The machete and such are because they are going to either hunt and kill their own food to sell and serve, or they are going to do like Sweeney Todd did....

They are opening a restaurant. Thats why they want 11 cutting boards, so many cups and silverware sets, the kitchenaid mixer, etc.

The machete and such are because they are going to either hunt and kill their own food to sell and serve, or they are going to do like Sweeney Todd did....

With only 4 plates? Everybody gets a fork but they have to share plates

This is sad...they registered for the same color Kitchenaid and the same exact casual dining set that we did. Luckily, my MIL gave us her old fiesta ware set and we returned our old stuff. Ended up with $400 in store credit to Buy Buy Baby, which was AWESOME!

I have friends getting married soon that registered at REI. At first I thought it was a little strange, but then I reasoned that they're huge camper/living in the wilderness people and buying them camping gear was akin to giving them a gift for their house.

(ETA: Shoot, she registered for the same Scentsy warmer that we have! Why is she copying my house?!? Also FIFTEEN items in the candle section? Are you kidding me?)

I had a class with a young woman who registered at LL Bean and maybe at REI, too. She and her fiancé were going to do some serious camping. Besides you can get some nice things for the home from LL Bean. You can't get everything though.

They won't even respond to fans asking them questions on their Instagram pages but they expect all these gifts. Heck, at least Erin Paine responds to all her fans....and she's actually busy teaching piano lessons. What exactly does Jessa do besides post selfies?

She fulfilled her function. She was bait to snare a stupid young man to come work the farm.

I just can't get over the sheer greed displayed by these two assholes. I don't care if they are both coming in with nothing - you don't need a kayak to make a house function.

Fun story, though - I'm also getting married on November 1st. Also, my dad's nickname for me through much of my life has been Jessa. I swear I didn't know when these guys were getting married when we chose the date. Bleh.

My spouse (common-law, we have been together for nearly 8 years, so I consider him my common-law husband, not my fiancé) and I pretty much have everything we need for our home. The one thing we're asking for? A Kitchen-Aid mixer. But only one, not three. Who needs that many mixing appliances?!

I really don't get the firearms thing. Maybe it's just because I'm not American, and you can't really easily find guns around here, but putting it in a wedding registry just seems... weird.

I just can't get over the sheer greed displayed by these two assholes. I don't care if they are both coming in with nothing - you don't need a kayak to make a house function.

Fun story, though - I'm also getting married on November 1st. Also, my dad's nickname for me through much of my life has been Jessa. I swear I didn't know when these guys were getting married when we chose the date. Bleh.

My spouse (common-law, we have been together for nearly 8 years, so I consider him my common-law husband, not my fiancé) and I pretty much have everything we need for our home. The one thing we're asking for? A Kitchen-Aid mixer. But only one, not three. Who needs that many mixing appliances?!

I really don't get the firearms thing. Maybe it's just because I'm not American, and you can't really easily find guns around here, but putting it in a wedding registry just seems... weird.

It's weird to put them in a registry, even in the USA. Really really weird.

Regardless of size or cost, wedding registries exist to help people build a home, I think, and tons of stuff jessa and Ben asked for does not qualify as that...it's just STUFF.

Someone needs to share Priscilla's wisdom with her that this is "God's Day". Seriously, I want someone to call them out on this someplace where it will be seen. Like papa Seewald's blog.

Archived