IGNORED

Jessa & BinBob's registries: Asking for over $30,000

Paperplate

Because I was curious I did a quick check of Jessa and BinBob's registries (BBB, Target, Walmart and Amazon) and I have to say, I'm speechless.

They are registered for over 30,000 (yes, THIRTY THOUSAND :shock: ) dollars worth of stuff (approximately; I don't have the prices for all of the items).

Their registries includes:

• several pieces of furniture for over $600 each (Have any of you guys ever bought anyone a wedding gift that expensive?)
  • a kayak (Really?!?)
  • about 20 pots and pans (For two people, mind you.)
  • not one, but two probably totally useless frozen yoghurt/fruit ice cream makers (Maybe they each want their own?) plus
  • one of EVERY other kitchen appliance known to man (Exactly how big is their kitchen going to be?!?)
  • a MacBook Air (The one daddy gave Jessa isn't good enough for her anymore?) and an iPad
  • a bicycle (that they are probably never going to use anyway...)
  • four(?) rifles, a pistol, a machete and two hatchets (Romantic! Are they planning a blood-soaked honeymoon rampage?)

Are some of these registries a joke?!? Otherwise I guess Jessa's wedding mantra of "simple" does NOT extend to the registry!

I don't know much about gift registry etiquette (we don't do them where I'm from), but they surely don't expect to actually receive all of it. Still: Why did they register for that metric fuckton of stuff?!? None of that would even be bought used to save the difference!!!

It's really less of a registry than a list of EVERYTHING you could ever need in a home (plus about $850 in fastfood gift cards). Really, who's going to give them a bottle of OxiClean, an intimates washbag or garbage disposal deodorizer as a wedding gift?

(I only have the numbers for the BBB registry, but so far people have only bought about $4000 worth of stuff (including two bottles of hand soap and a professional Belgian waffle maker). That's still A LOT. And the wedding is still almost a month away.)

I really can't stress this enough: If these people were really Christians they would be asking for charitable donations in their name instead of stuff, stuff and more stuff for THEMSELVES!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The greed is unbelievable. Macbooks, bikes, guns and many of the things are just inappropriate for a WEDDING registry.

Also, they should just register for what they need (and their needs are minimal considering her wealth), and encourage people to be charitable. But that gets in the way of greed.

I think of registries as wish lists where the bride and groom can fantasize, but this does seem over the top and kind of greedy.

I will put aside the fact that they registered for a hand mixer and a stand mixer, other than the fact that most of us work UP to a Kitchenaid mixer, we don't get both at the same time. The girl can't cook, what is she going to mix at the same time. She is just going to break that $350 mixer

They registered for batteries.

If a man can't provide you at least with batteries, what can he provide? Or a woman for that matter. Buy your own batteries.

They're selfish and are taking advantage of their "fame" I also suspect some of the things are for Bob And Michelle. I bet they're in on it.

And their fans are really stupid for purchasing gifts for people they don't know

I remember when an old friend of mine got married and her wedding registry included a purse which I thought was weird. But guns, expensive computers, and a kayak? I felt lucky when I got kitchen utensils for my wedding!

If someone I know was getting married and I saw this as their registry, I would probably look at them a lot differently. Jessa, THIS IS NOT NORMAL. It is tacky, greedy, and just utterly classless. I don't come from a fancy family, but I would be embarrassed if my sister had this as her registry. Mortified.

Honestly thinking about it, if this was a friends registry I probably wouldn't buy them anything. I would see that and assume they have things they need to make it since they are asking for such extravagance. I would probably end up getting a photo album for their wedding pictures and that's it. I don't reward greed. That's actually what I did with my other friend who went a little wedding cra-cray and asked for purses and outfits on her registry.

I saw that they registered for and got the same toaster I have...grr....

Hehehe. At least they registered for only one toaster, as far as I can see. Are you happy with it?

I think of registries as wish lists where the bride and groom can fantasize, but this does seem over the top and kind of greedy.

And Jessa and her toyboy seem to be fantasizing about weapons and fake flowers ...

I think it'd be appropriate to register for nice stuff that maybe you wouldn't buy for yourself, but to register for every.single.thing that exists?!? Do they really, truly need and even want all of this? They are going to be taking a lot of trips to return that stuff to the store so they can get some cash to buy cream of whatever soups and – nine months into their marriage – diapers.

"Kind of greedy"? Maybe I don't know enough about US gifting customs ... How much do you guys usually spend on a wedding gift for a family member/friend/acquaintance/stranger who is on a tv show? Remember that (if you're actually invited) you'll be bringing this gift to a wedding where you'll won't even get a piece of wedding cake, let alone a proper meal or booze.

I remember when an old friend of mine got married and her wedding registry included a purse which I thought was weird. But guns, expensive computers, and a kayak? I felt lucky when I got kitchen utensils for my wedding!

We got my mother-in-law's old KitchenAid mixer that had been sitting in their garage for almost 10 years and I thought it was the best thing ever! :P

We got my mother-in-law's old KitchenAid mixer that had been sitting in their garage for almost 10 years and I thought it was the best thing ever! :P

Dude kitchen aid mixers are the bomb and will go on forever! I adore mine!

I will put aside the fact that they registered for a hand mixer and a stand mixer, other than the fact that most of us work UP to a Kitchenaid mixer, we don't get both at the same time. The girl can't cook, what is she going to mix at the same time. She is just going to break that $350 mixer

Yeah, wth? What is she going to be doing BY HERSELF with two mixers and two blenders, plus a slew of single-task appliances?

They're selfish and are taking advantage of their "fame" I also suspect some of the things are for Bob And Michelle. I bet they're in on it.

Hm, I could see that. IMHO more probable: They're going to return a lot of the gifts and use the money for other stuff.

Are they really? I always thought they were more of a status symbol because I read that they don't work as well as cheaper, less design-y mixers. But they do look really nice and if I was rich and had a big kitchen, I'd consider buying one. They are about $600 over here though. And handmixers are be really practical because you're not stuck with using them with just one bowl.

I'll cosign on the Returns for Ca$h idea.

I mean, it makes sense to ask for nice things for your house... I can't fault them too much for that since I know a lot of couples put down a Vitamix, KitchenAid (LOVE mine.. it's second hand but it's a dream), and Expensive kitchen stuff on their registries. It's too bad their family has hammered the "Buy Used Save the Difference" bullcrap for so long - if they didn't, nobody would be batting an eye at their list.

The batteries and duct tape are a little weird. The food and grocery requests are strange... the guns are unnecessary.

I am currently working up to a kitchen aid. With FlyBuys I can get a certain amount of points and pay a reduced amount for a Kitchen aid, I think I will do that. I currently have a Breville scraper mixer that the paddle broke on, but my dad super glued it back together for me; which I was so grateful for. :D

Yeah, wth? What is she going to be doing BY HERSELF with two mixers and two blenders, plus a slew of single-task appliances?

Maybe she'll start watching cooking and baking tutorials on YouTube... she's going to have quite a bit of spare time for a short while until baby #1 comes along.

They would surely publicly clarify if these registries were fake. Right? I mean, are we to assume that this is for real?

I hope someone calls them out on this. It's pretty disgusting.

they have no place to live officially that we know of and they are asking people to buy all this

I mean please - where will they store it - under the bed in Ben's "room"

Maybe she'll start watching cooking and baking tutorials on YouTube... she's going to have quite a bit of spare time for a short while until baby #1 comes along.

which should be July of 2015

earlier if they adopt :D

I have a Kitchen Aid. My husband bought it for me when he got a bonus at work, ten years after the wedding. ;-)

My favorite part of those registries: Benessa only asked for four place settings of every day dishes. She's going to be doing dishes after every meal. (Sixteen drinking glasses, twelve bowls, but only four plates? Maybe they're planning on using paper.) Asking for guns and a machete on a bridal registry is unbelievably bad. According to the sheer amount of bedding she asked for, they're evidently moving into a mansion.

Considering the fact we now know all of the registry gifts showed up at the TTH, it's more than a possibility that Jim Boob and J-Chelle are restocking their house on family, friends and TLC viewers as well. :o

Archived