IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! Part 2~ The First Trimester Edition

keen23

I hope they are moving so quickly, out of excitement... The first baby us gun and exciting! I wonder how quickly she registers the 4th baby that will be born in about 5yrs... :roll:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering why they don't just use some good ol' hand-me-downs that were used with her siblings. Surely the Duggars still have some items left over from Jordyn and Josie. Buy used, save the difference/save money, live better, huh?

And yes, the more I see of Jill the more selfish she becomes. I can't believe they're asking for even more after the, what? 5? 6? Gift parties they had for their wedding! :naughty:

Jill should consider herself lucky. Most fundie couples starting out have to work for everything. And might live in poverty and doesn't get what they need/want. Eight now Jill and Derrick are living the fairytale life

Jill should consider herself lucky. Most fundie couples starting out have to work for everything. And might live in poverty and doesn't get what they need/want. Eight now Jill and Derrick are living the fairytale life

in their 4 thousand sq ft. mansion :D which is just a regular house here

can i be a little pissy that she has a washer and dryer and a dishwasher and I don't have those things in my apartment - the washer dryer in the building but no dishwasher

Oh Jill - what have you become lol

Carrying a baby in a car seat is just plain uncomfortable. You're carrying not only the weight of the baby, but also the car seat. It's so much easier to carry them in a sling or wrap and usually the baby is more content.

Ah, but you can pop the car seat into the stroller frame without waking the baby up. Sometimes you don't want to carry the baby for whatever reason. Also can bring the car seat into the house and the baby stays asleep, unlike picking them up and trying to put them down in a crib or wherever... (I had very light sleepers).

Yeah, I would have hoped Derick would be the voice of reason and tell Jill it's too early for a registery, but I guess not. Part of me thinks maybe his Walmart coworkers encouraged them to register ASAP. It's disappointing to think he might be just as gift-grabby as the rest of them all on his own.

He seemed like a decent person in the last episode of the show, actually including the chaperon in the date rather than pretending James wasn't there.

Maybe Derrick is less gift grabby than we think, but he knows to pick his battles with Jill, and this isn't one he deems worth fighting? We do not know.

About the big kid car seat...personally I think those handle car seats are a waste of money. Better to buy a big car seat that can convert to a booster seat. A baby just needs to be over 5 lbs. Yes you have to take the baby out of the seat and touch it while taking it out of the car, but that's what the sling or wrap is for!

They registered for a Evenflo high back booster. That shouldn't be used until the baby is at least 5. Babies should be rear facing until the age of 2! Carseats expire after 6 years so the booster will be useless.

I swear, if you know a Duggar you might need to pick up some more shifts or get a part-time job to pay for all these current gift grabs.

I think people should not buy off their registries and buy them gifts at second hand stores. Why should the Duggars be the only ones saving the difference? That is the philosophy they have been preaching for years, so everyone should apply it here. But I guess they expect everyone else to buy them their new stuff.

Ah, but you can pop the car seat into the stroller frame without waking the baby up. Sometimes you don't want to carry the baby for whatever reason. Also can bring the car seat into the house and the baby stays asleep, unlike picking them up and trying to put them down in a crib or wherever... (I had very light sleepers).

That's true, but I rarely see that. Jill also didn't register for a stroller that you can pop a car seat into.

Maybe Derrick is less gift grabby than we think, but he knows to pick his battles with Jill, and this isn't one he deems worth fighting? We do not know.

Or he's just as much of an attention seeker as his wife. What is it that excuses Derick from some of this stuff for some folks? That he went to college? He's relished in this attention for the past few months. He married into it and embraces it.

Or he's just as much of an attention seeker as his wife. What is it that excuses Derick from some of this stuff for some folks? That he went to college? He's relished in this attention for the past few months. He married into it and embraces it.

It's seeming more and more like he's just like them.

And all I wanted was to see her dance with the current Pistol Pete at their wedding (like he used to with brides when he was Piston Pete.) My hopes dashed that Derick is not the guy we hoped he'd be.

I'm wondering why they don't just use some good ol' hand-me-downs that were used with her siblings. Surely the Duggars still have some items left over from Jordyn and Josie. Buy used, save the difference/save money, live better, huh?

And yes, the more I see of Jill the more selfish she becomes. I can't believe they're asking for even more after the, what? 5? 6? Gift parties they had for their wedding! :naughty:

Didn't Michelle sell most of the baby clothes at last years Sale? but I do agree yes Anna had a baby shower but I remember that she also went to the second hand store and that her and Michelle went to that sale and bought a bunch of baby stuff.

That's true, but I rarely see that. Jill also didn't register for a stroller that you can pop a car seat into.

You rarely see that? That's the majority of what I see amongst my friends & myself. And I'm in that prime baby-having age, with everyone around me pretty much either pregnant, nursing, or just past that stage. I tend to use my slings & wraps more around the house, but the heavy baby carrier car seat out & about. Not carrying it far as it almost immediately goes in a stroller, a shopping cart, or inside the house. And with 2 older toddlers, it's just easier to cart baby that way, for me, at least.

Gawd, if people want to bring you food or a gift card, you graciously accept that. You don't pre register for that! TACKY. So much tacky with these people.

:::::walks off muttering, "buck in the freaking truck"::::::

They registered for "nipple shields." Is that for the nipples of baby bottles or for lady nipples?

They are for mama's nipples, but they aren't recommended unless there is a breastfeeding issue.

The car seat issue is that she registered for a Evenflo Big Kid, which is a booster seat only for 40 lbs and up. It expires after about 5-7 years(whatever it says on the seat), so it's pointless for them to have. Unless they are buying it for one of Jill's sisters.

The Graco Contender 65 that they registered for is a great seat and will last them a long time.

I wore my babies and used the infant car seat( the kind with the handle). Both were extremely convenient and wonderful for different reasons.

I'm a former Child Passenger Safety Technician. Car seat and child passenger safety are a huge passion of mine. :)

Edited to add that they did register for the infant car seat. It's at the bottom of the page, comes with the jogging stroller.

They are for mama's nipples, but they aren't recommended unless there is a breastfeeding issue.

I read somewhere on one of the threads that Michelle said she had inverted nipples and that made it hard for her to nurse so maybe Jill has the same issue and is just being proactive.

I read somewhere on one of the threads that Michelle said she had inverted nipples and that made it hard for her to nurse so maybe Jill has the same issue and is just being proactive.

I keep reading that, but I'd love to see the source. I've only ever heard Michelle say that she had no problems nursing (so blessed, praise god etc) and that she nursed til she got pregnant again and the babies self weened (which has been my experience too). I just don't see her persevering with nursing 18 times (Josie couldn't take breast milk) with inverted nipples, especially as formula feeding would bring the next blessing faster.

Maybe Jill will set a Duggar standard for registering for things.

Josiah's finally out of ALERT and needs some new clothes - registry! Josie needs more therapy - registry! Jana's living with Josh and Anna and needs clothing, food and personal items while she's there - registry! Several howlers decide they want to build a shed to store their bikes in on the property and need lumber and nails - registry!

Oh dear Lord, what have I done? They're probably getting ideas from reading this as we speak. :shock:

At least they haven't registered for tampons yet. Maybe when hannie gets her first period.

Yeah I could see and understand creating the registry before Jessa's wedding if it was while Jill would be in the third trimester. But she's in the first and the wedding will be while she's still in the second trimester. Jessa's getting married on 11/1 right? Then Jill will only be 19 weeks at that point still on the early end for creating a baby registry and plenty of time to do so after the wedding.

I think Dill's gift grab is unclassy, but her early pregnancy announcement may have been considerate. She'll be showing at

Jessa's wedding and there will be pictures. If she didn't announce early, then more attention at the wedding would be on Jill and less on the bride. Now by the time Jessa gets married, the pregnancy will be old news.

Archived