IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! Part 2~ The First Trimester Edition

keen23

Michelle said that she didn't purposely wean at 6 months. She said she got pregnant even though she was breastfeeding, the taste of the breast milk changed, the babies no longer liked it and they weaned themselves. I would tend to believe her... she seems like the sort who would enjoy keeping a baby in the nursing stage as long as she could.

The taste of the milk doesn't usually occur until mid-pregnancy when the milk starts to revert to colostrum. At least one little kid said the milk changed to apple juice. Some kids mind the change in taste and some don't.

I don't believe the Dairy Queen on bit about her experience nursing. Some of it just doesn't add up.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The taste of the milk doesn't usually occur until mid-pregnancy when the milk starts to revert to colostrum. At least one little kid said the milk changed to apple juice. Some kids mind the change in taste and some don't.

I don't believe the Dairy Queen on bit about her experience nursing. Some of it just doesn't add up.

I'm also suspicious but looking at the age gaps they are really close. Only four of the children are more than sixteen months apart excluding Josh and Jana/JD since we know there was a miscarriage in there. That said the largest gap is between Hannie and Jenny and I don't remember Michelle ever commenting about how happy she was that she could nurse Hannie longer since she wasn't pregnant again as quickly.

Josh-Jana/JD 22 months

Twins-Jill 16 months

Jill-Jessa 17 months

Jessa-Jinger 11 months

Jinger-Joseph 12 months (almost 13 months)

Joseph-Josiah 19 months

Josiah-Joy 14 months

Joy-Jed/Jer 14 months

Jed/Jer-Jason 15 months

Jason-James 14 months

James-Justin 16 months

Justin-Jackson 18 months

Jackson-Johannah 16 months

Johannah-Jennifer 22 months

Jennifer-Jordyn 16 months

Jordyn-Josie 11 months

Well...the Duggars have always said they're competitive. I'm feeling sorry, already, for the rest of the Duggar kids when they get married and have children. With anticipated fundie/media burnout, how much attention and what kind of gifts can the middle and younger kids expect?

Woah it's never occurred to me that jessa and jinger are only 11 months apart. The same amount as jordyn and Josie, but without the premature birth. Woah.

They're not 11 months apart... they're over 13 months apart... Jessa was born at the beginning of November and Jinger was born (the next year) at the end of December.

Is that seriously their registry???? Crazy!

Stuff has been bought off it already.

I'm disappointed in them. I thought Derick at least was different.

Yeah, I would have hoped Derick would be the voice of reason and tell Jill it's too early for a registery, but I guess not. Part of me thinks maybe his Walmart coworkers encouraged them to register ASAP. It's disappointing to think he might be just as gift-grabby as the rest of them all on his own.

He seemed like a decent person in the last episode of the show, actually including the chaperon in the date rather than pretending James wasn't there.

About the big kid car seat...personally I think those handle car seats are a waste of money. Better to buy a big car seat that can convert to a booster seat. A baby just needs to be over 5 lbs. Yes you have to take the baby out of the seat and touch it while taking it out of the car, but that's what the sling or wrap is for!

They're not 11 months apart... they're over 13 months apart... Jessa was born at the beginning of November and Jinger was born (the next year) at the end of December.

That's still really close together.

The reason I question DQ's nursing experience is that she's claimed that she had inverted nipples and that's one reason that she couldn't nurse long. Inverted nipples do present a challenge to breastfeeding, but you can learn how to effectively breastfeed while having inverted nipples. After all, babies don't nipple feed; they breastfeed. Furthermore, there are treatments that can be tried to bring the nipple out ranging from breast shells to Hoffman's exercises. You either do nipple treatments, learn to latch the baby on correctly for breastfeeding, just nurse on one side and let the inverted side dry up, or give up within a few weeks. (Yes, it is quite possible to successfully nurse for a long time on one breast.) It just does not make sense that DQ would have let inverted nipples remain a problem.

I am an idiot. Now that I established this, where is the hot mess that is their registry?

There is a link in the Jill and Derick thread in the Quiverfull of Duggar section.

About the big kid car seat...personally I think those handle car seats are a waste of money. Better to buy a big car seat that can convert to a booster seat. A baby just needs to be over 5 lbs. Yes you have to take the baby out of the seat and touch it while taking it out of the car, but that's what the sling or wrap is for!

Wow that comes off with a lot of attitude yes people get infant car seats because they don't want to touch their babies. :roll:

And the "big kid car seat" isn't a convertible one it's a booster seat. They do also have a convertible on there but I don't think anyone is questioning that it's the car seat with a minimum weight of 40 lbs that is making people wonder what they're thinking.

And the "big kid car seat" isn't a convertible one it's a booster seat. They do also have a convertible on there but I don't think anyone is questioning that it's the car seat with a minimum weight of 40 lbs that is making people wonder what they're thinking.

Will they even be able to use the booster seat, I thought car seats have expiration dates on them. so If they got that today I don't see how they would be able to use it when the child is big enough.

Booster seats tend to last longer like seven years instead of five years but still they won't get the full use out of it buying it six months before the baby is born.

Also forgot to mention sorry about my math mistake with Jessa and Jinger.

Wow that comes off with a lot of attitude yes people get infant car seats because they don't want to touch their babies. :roll:

Some people seemingly don't really want to touch their babies. They get all sorts of stuff that make it possible to touch their babies as little as possible from infant seats ("baby buckets") to bottle proppers. IMO, one of the advantages of breastfeeding is that it practically guarantees physical contact between mother and child. As a friend once said "You can't prop a breast". What I did not see on Jill's voluminous registry was any sort of sling or carrier. Maybe they don't have those at Walmart, IDK.

One thing I did notice is tons of bibs. Just how many bibs does a kid need? Jill asked for enough to outfit a daycare.

Some people seemingly don't really want to touch their babies. They get all sorts of stuff that make it possible to touch their babies as little as possible from infant seats ("baby buckets") to bottle proppers. IMO, one of the advantages of breastfeeding is that it practically guarantees physical contact between mother and child. As a friend once said "You can't prop a breast". What I did not see on Jill's voluminous registry was any sort of sling or carrier. Maybe they don't have those at Walmart, IDK.

One thing I did notice is tons of bibs. Just how many bibs does a kid need? Jill asked for enough to outfit a daycare.

I don't think an infant car seat=I hate touching my baby. I don't quite understand bottle proppers but I breastfed so I didn't really need one anyways. And it's totally possible to prop a breast into a baby's mouth. There are more times then I would like to admit that I nursed my daughter while using the computer, reading a book to my son or other types of multitasking. Sometimes she was even in a carrier while I was nursing her. I don't see what the big difference between sticking a boob in a baby's mouth while they're in a carrier and sticking a bottle in their mouth while they're in a car seat. Both times you're not really giving them your full attention or necessarily gazing into their eyes.

My MIL convinced me my child would go through several bibs every single day. I never found them useful even for my daughter who would spit up a lot. She always missed the bib anyways and it was just an additional article of clothing to replace. Perhaps for bottling feeding where they kind of leak out a little milk they're more helpful?

I'm actually glad to see there is no carrier on the Wal-Mart registry since I would assume they might only have carriers such as the Baby Bjorn. Hopefully she'll get some good carriers instead of ones that are notorious for causing back aches and crotch dangling babies.

The difference between nursing in a carrier and propping a bottle is that you are at least giving your child skin-to-skin contact if you are nursing in a carrier. It does make a difference. DQ did manage to nurse at a distance while using that damn My Brest Friend. Which lost girl was it whose legs we saw dangling from the BrestFriend? Jordyn? Jenny?

Carrying a baby in a car seat is just plain uncomfortable. You're carrying not only the weight of the baby, but also the car seat. It's so much easier to carry them in a sling or wrap and usually the baby is more content.

DQ did manage to nurse at a distance while using that damn My Brest Friend. Which lost girl was it whose legs we saw dangling from the BrestFriend? Jordyn? Jenny?

That was Jordyn and I swear we saw that baby's legs more then we actually saw her face.

Will they even be able to use the booster seat, I thought car seats have expiration dates on them. so If they got that today I don't see how they would be able to use it when the child is big enough.

I imagine the seat is for Josie, Jordyn, or Mack--they can use a booster right away.

The difference between nursing in a carrier and propping a bottle is that you are at least giving your child skin-to-skin contact if you are nursing in a carrier. It does make a difference. DQ did manage to nurse at a distance while using that damn My Brest Friend. Which lost girl was it whose legs we saw dangling from the BrestFriend? Jordyn? Jenny?

Carrying a baby in a car seat is just plain uncomfortable. You're carrying not only the weight of the baby, but also the car seat. It's so much easier to carry them in a sling or wrap and usually the baby is more content.

I love baby wearing and own five slings/carriers but there were times when bringing my sleeping baby into the house in a car seat was so much easier then trying to transfer them into a sling and hope they didn't wake up since mine always woke up. And putting groceries away goes a lot quicker if the baby is asleep. It's also a lot easier to put the baby in the car seat in the warm house or store and then put a blanket over them zip up the car seat cover then deal with taking them out to a convertible car seat in the cold and having to try to keep a blanket wrapped around them and the car seat being cold. I know warming up the car in advance would solve this but that's not always easy or practical. I never carried and infant car seat far since they are insanely heavy and difficult to carry but there were times where it came in handy. I also got mine handed down so it was free. My kids outgrew them by six months so then we purchased our own convertible but I really felt they have their advantages.

And it was Jordyn who was constantly dangling outside of Michelle My Breast Friend definitely boob propping there. And you don't get a ton of skin to skin contact in a carrier if you pull your shirt down or have a nursing shirt that you're pulling some flap to the side.

Jill has learned the art of grifting at the feet of the master-Jim Bob. He must be so proud. With Instagram she will be able to play more marks than JB could possibly have reached pre social media.

About Derrick getting pressured by Walmart to register early? Uh...no. This is a straight up gift grab by the blessed couple, and a pretty damn embarrassing one at that. No taste, no sense, no class. Just unadulterated greed and selfishness. The leghumpers will eat it up and call it manna. :disgust:

So here's the deal...Jill and Derrick have money and a huge registry base...so yes they will end up with a carrier with a handle and a big car seat, but what about those people who struggle. Those car seats with handles can cost over $100 and the ones that will hold infants up to 40 pounds are over $200. If someone purchases one that is only rated until 20 pounds they will have to buy another.

I can tell you that social services doesn't provide car seats in our county nor a stipend, so when we had to decide on what to use we did a lot of research and decided, ease of use aside a big convertible car seat gives more bang for the buck! A lot of times I think that younger parents assume an infant seat is a necessity when actually it can be a luxury.

I was a little snide and snarky, but I hadn't eaten dinner yet! [emoji43]. I do realize that not everyone can wear their baby or carry it around endlessly. Nor do I think an infant car seat denotes abuse or neglect. I also realize that sometimes sarcasm can't be seen through the internets.

Maybe the reason for all of the registries is simple. Jill is one of the oldest Duggarlings, and she experienced firsthand what life was like living in a three-bedroom house with siblings in the double-digits. She knows that there was a time when no one really knew who the Duggars were. So, she's getting everything she can, because she realizes that there will be a time when they will fade into obscurity once more.

Archived