IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! Part 2~ The First Trimester Edition

keen23

My issue with the registry, if it were for a normal family, is that you don't know what your kid will need til you meet them! I had horrifically refluxy babies, bibs were useless as the nonstop vomit shot right over them. Regular size burp cloths were pointless too. We needed pack upon pack of Gerber flannel receiving blankets for feeding time. So there was a bunch of stuff we never even used (so many little burp cloths... pristine condition, lol).

But with Jill, chances are she'll have so many damn kids that she'll get one of each kind... a refluxy one, a non-spitty one, one that has tons of blow outs, etc. Presumably she's registering for stuff not just for this kid but the first few. Though, I bet she'll register for all new stuff when she's pregnant with number 2.

You may not know everything you'll need for a baby but there are enough basic items that most people use or want for them. Also I don't feel like a registry has to be purely necessities like the Rock N Play sleeper thing I never used it but I have friends who've raved about it. If I was registering again for my first I would have put it on there incase somebody wanted to buy it. The only thing I would really caution is getting a lot of the same type of diaper. We got so many disposables despite telling everyone we were doing cloth because nobody thought we'd stick with it since we got big boxes of pampers we thought we may as well use them sometimes but my son always pooped out of them every time he pooped. Even if we were going to do disposables it was bad enough that I wouldn't have used pampers. Also newborn sized clothing or specific seasonal gear. My kids are both big so they didn't fit in newborn clothes at all and they were ahead of their age in sizes always. So for my March baby the 9 month winter gear would have fit him over the summer.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, so funny. We have used Pampers Swaddlers for 2.5 years now and have never had one blow out. We gave away our Huggies that someone gave us bc every single time we put the boys in them, they peed right through. Agreed on buying too much of one thing, just in case it ends up not working.

And my kids were born weighing 2lb each, so we scrambled to buy preemie size things and more newborn things (that they fit in for MONTHS! lol). Seasonal clothing was so hard. I never buy people clothes for their newborns because its just too much of a pain to estimate what size the baby will be by winter or whatever.

Maybe Jill will be a Christian and donate items to the moms in need.

Right. Like she's been raised a giver. Or like Jimbo will ever allow that. :lol: Jimbo only donates when there's media coverage. Heavy media coverage.

I just want to point out, because most people are unaware, that babies are not supposed to be left in car seats for more than an hour at time without being taken out and held or laid in a better position, especially very young babies. While car seats do save lives and are vital in the car, they should not be used outside of the car except very minimally (like carrying them to and from the car). The positioning in car seats is less than optimal and many babies have issues with oxygenation. http://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/ ... borns.aspx (American Academy of Pediatrics) There have been several reported cases of babies left to sleep in car seats who died from the lowered oxygen levels.

Huh. Well, my youngest is 9 so I hadn't heard that, but he had reflux as a baby and our pediatrician recommended that he sleep in the car seat all the time until he outgrew the reflux. And like I said, all of my kids were very light sleepers but they'd fall asleep in the car at least... and then woe unto me if I tried to move them to a crib.

I haven't read the whole thread yet so apologies if someone beat me to this. She spoke about her inverted nipples in their first book, 20 And Counting:

http://books.google.ca/books?id=GWSeYWS ... es&f=false

Her bf woes start on page 84. Direct quote: "The problem was that I had inverted and very sensitive nipples that cracked and bled." She use to use the numbing gel from the boys circ's on her nipples 5 min before breastfeeding, then wipe it off and feed the baby :?

I wonder if the numbing gel was safe for oral consumption? If it was EMLA cream that is commonly used as an analgesic in circumcision, I'd say no.

My issue with the registry, if it were for a normal family, is that you don't know what your kid will need til you meet them! I had horrifically refluxy babies, bibs were useless as the nonstop vomit shot right over them. Regular size burp cloths were pointless too. We needed pack upon pack of Gerber flannel receiving blankets for feeding time. So there was a bunch of stuff we never even used (so many little burp cloths... pristine condition, lol).

But with Jill, chances are she'll have so many damn kids that she'll get one of each kind... a refluxy one, a non-spitty one, one that has tons of blow outs, etc. Presumably she's registering for stuff not just for this kid but the first few. Though, I bet she'll register for all new stuff when she's pregnant with number 2.

My friend's baby projectile vomited all over me (and the floor, and my purse sitting a few feet away. It was quite impressive). I don't think that was a usual occurrence though. But yeah, for that you need more than a regular sized burp cloth (More like a burp carpet?) Yeah, I can see Jill doing another crazy registry for baby 2. But it would be less baby centered and more Jill-and-Derick centered.

Horrible thought ... Jill went from never been kissed to sex in the space of a few hours which is bad. The pregnancy means she is also going from never been kissed to having to see an obstetrician in the space of a few months. I don't know about Jill but I had an early ultrasound at 12 weeks. Imagine going from never been touch to sex with your husband to having a nurse do an internal, all in the space of three months. Maybe Jill will be ok with her midwifery experience but I wonder how the other Js will cope.

I haven't read the whole thread yet so apologies if someone beat me to this. She spoke about her inverted nipples in their first book, 20 And Counting:

http://books.google.ca/books?id=GWSeYWS ... es&f=false

Her bf woes start on page 84. Direct quote: "The problem was that I had inverted and very sensitive nipples that cracked and bled." She use to use the numbing gel from the boys circ's on her nipples 5 min before breastfeeding, then wipe it off and feed the baby :?

:brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach:

Horrible thought ... Jill went from never been kissed to sex in the space of a few hours which is bad. The pregnancy means she is also going from never been kissed to having to see an obstetrician in the space of a few months. I don't know about Jill but I had an early ultrasound at 12 weeks. Imagine going from never been touch to sex with your husband to having a nurse do an internal, all in the space of three months. Maybe Jill will be ok with her midwifery experience but I wonder how the other Js will cope.

Jill has a midwife, and it's probably the Midwife she worked for so that probably makes it better. Jana would probably be okay to since she worked with Jill. Jessa and Jinger I can see the issue.

Ok ... anyone want to take a guess at how many of these photos we are going to see?

1,547? It already feels like Jill has been pregnant for years...

And what is with Jill's crazy eyes in most of her photos?

I think this is really why I was so surprised at the speed of the Baby Dilly announcement. Personally, it took me YEARS to go from kissing to sex; the idea of doing it all in one night is, frankly, terrifying. I know Jill and Derick were all over each other during their engagement, but Derick strikes me as the kind of guy to respect Jill and take things slowly for her sake. Then again, maybe she was jumping him :P

I looked at their registry and it's just weird. But in the last few years I have seen some strange registries from people I know IRL. Like.. specific outfits.

How many registries has Jill seen for her friends, family, and co-workers? My guess is zero.

This gift grabby registry might be partially because of their isolation from the rest of the world. How would Jill know what other young mothers are doing, or what most people would consider normal? The Duggar kids don't have peer pressure from non-Duggar people in any sort of way.

It's kinda sad/weird to realize this but the Kardashians show more class by not doing things like registering so fans can send presents. But the Kardashians also probably realize that sort of thing would be looked down upon by their wealthy peers. The Duggars have no peers.

I just saw an episode where the Duggars were at a flea market and the competition boys vs girls was to buy something, resell it, and greater profit wins. A written blurb said that all children were taught the art of haggling. Jim Bob often brags how he asks for discounts on everything.

I think those kids have taught that profiting for themselves is a major goal in life. Public registries do not surprise me at all. Honestly, a registry for the Dillards is probably completely unnecessary as they are probably going to get a lot of unsolicited gifts anyway. And they are undoubtedly financially well-off to begin with.

Basic health guidelines would say she needed a Pap smear at some point in the last couple years. With the midwifery and the obsession with fertility, this seems like a guideline the Duggars would have followed. So a pelvic exam might have happened already and would be reasonable, even for an OMG virgin.

That's a fun 19 kids episode. Take the howlers to the dentist and the older girls for their Pap smears. Hilarity ensues.

Basic health guidelines would say she needed a Pap smear at some point in the last couple years. With the midwifery and the obsession with fertility, this seems like a guideline the Duggars would have followed. So a pelvic exam might have happened already and would be reasonable, even for an OMG virgin.

That's a fun 19 kids episode. Take the howlers to the dentist and the older girls for their Pap smears. Hilarity ensues.

Those aren't basic health guidelines. Women who have never been sexually active do not need pap smears or gynecological exams unless something is wrong. I'd be willing to bet none of them have had one, because even for none fundies in their situation (not sexually active) there would be no point.

Those aren't basic health guidelines. Women who have never been sexually active do not need pap smears or gynecological exams unless something is wrong. I'd be willing to bet none of them have had one, because even for none fundies in their situation (not sexually active) there would be no point.

I would also throw in the need for those exams for women who have a cancer history in their family. I was not sexually active until my 20s, but because I had a family history of colon and uterine cancer (at that time) it was recommended I have pelvics. Good thing too, as I eventually was diagnosed with Lynch syndrome, which led to my endometrial cancer.

While I think having a registry is classless, in their situation, I could understand how they would want to avoid unsolicited gifts. I'm sure J'Chelle told her that she didn't know what to do with all the useless/repeat gifts. It's better to just say straight out what you want because people are going to buy anyway so it might as well be what they want.

Also, I doubt they would announce giving to charity because it's rude to tell someone their gift is going to charity while others are not. It's best they keep those decisions to themselves.

And I doubt they would keep all the clutter in their house. They will definitely be at least giving some of their gifts to family members or friends in need or Goodwill or something.

I also think they see the show's days being numbered, so are hoarding while they can, realizing that one day they're going to have a lot of kids and not enough money (or their siblings might).

If I were Jill, and I didn't want unsolicited gifts, I would do this to minimize the amount of these gifts.

Jill and Derrick are being so selfish. Just like Michelle and JB. I can't imagine what they're going to do for baby number 2,3,4 or for the gender reveal

From the People article:

"We tried to think practical since we don't know what we are having yet. I know people are trying to guess, but we don't even know. I came from a large family and my mom used to think – when I'm buying, do I want to go with one theme or be more practical? We are trying to think of gender neutral stuff, trying to think longterm."

Exactly what about this registry is practical? It's ridiculous. And seriously, Jill can't even wear pants because she has a vagina, and now she wants us to think she cares about "gender neutral" stuff? They're going to find out the sex of the baby as soon as they can, so by the time it's born it won't matter if the stuff is gender neutral or not.

Since Jill brought up her mother's experiences, I think back to Johannah as a baby...she was never in a gender neutral piece of clothing, even as a tiny infant. It was always a giant explosion of pink ruffles. Even a few years later when they were shopping for new items for then-fetus Jordyn...it was pink polka-dot everything. Gender roles are Serious Bizness for these people, just wait until you find out what you're having and then make a registry. Easy solution.

"We are planning on keeping the baby with us the first few weeks," she says. "We are still trying to decide about whether or not we'll do sleep training, but we will transition the baby into their own room eventually."

Sleep training? Really? That's concerning :|

"The grandmas are really excited," Jill says of her mom, Michelle, 47 and Derick's mom, Cathy, 57. "They are thinking of all the things that a baby should have. Derick's mom gave us two car seats that strap to a suitcase when you are traveling. She said, 'I'll give you two in case you are having twins.' "

Gasp...TEASER!! I'm also confused about how a car seat straps to a suitcase, but then again I generally keep my distance from baby stuff :?

Archived