IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! Part 2~ The First Trimester Edition

keen23

I read somewhere on one of the threads that Michelle said she had inverted nipples and that made it hard for her to nurse so maybe Jill has the same issue and is just being proactive.

I've never heard of those before.

It seems like being open about that kind of thing would be against Duggar rules. Heaven forbid you see their shoulders, but they will paint you a picture of what their nipples look like.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's still really close together.

The reason I question DQ's nursing experience is that she's claimed that she had inverted nipples and that's one reason that she couldn't nurse long. Inverted nipples do present a challenge to breastfeeding, but you can learn how to effectively breastfeed while having inverted nipples. After all, babies don't nipple feed; they breastfeed. Furthermore, there are treatments that can be tried to bring the nipple out ranging from breast shells to Hoffman's exercises. You either do nipple treatments, learn to latch the baby on correctly for breastfeeding, just nurse on one side and let the inverted side dry up, or give up within a few weeks. (Yes, it is quite possible to successfully nurse for a long time on one breast.) It just does not make sense that DQ would have let inverted nipples remain a problem.

We know that Nutschelle has inverted nipples? That woman leaves nothing to the imagination!

I can sort of understand why Jill is so excited and putting everything in the universe on her registry, she hasn't ever had anything for herself or probably much in the way of gifts for ages, as there is 19 kids. She grew up pretty poor, but even now they have money, they share clothes with similarly aged siblings, she has shared a room with up to 9 other people, and she has been pretty much neglected for her whole life, so it feels good to have people show her attention and buy her things....

But seriously. Someone needs to sit her down and tell her that the world does not revolve around her, she is asking for too much, and is stepping over Jessa by getting too overexcited about hers.

I can see that, but there's a difference between sharing news of your pregnancy early, versus actually putting up the gift registry now rather than waiting 6 or 7 weeks until after her sister's wedding is over. (For reference, I didn't think it was at all out of line for Jill to marry first even if it looked a bit rushed. I did think it was a little ballsy to announce the pregnancy so soon after Jessa's engagement announcement, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that that was sort of a family business decision for publicity for the new season. I do think she's now overstepped by doing her registry this early when she could very easily wait until mid-November).

I don 't think she did it to intentionally rain on Jessa's parade. I'm sure she was thinking more of the product placement possibilities.

I swear, if you know a Duggar you might need to pick up some more shifts or get a part-time job to pay for all these current gift grabs.

I think people should not buy off their registries and buy them gifts at second hand stores. Why should the Duggars be the only ones saving the difference? That is the philosophy they have been preaching for years, so everyone should apply it here. But I guess they expect everyone else to buy them their new stuff.

I completely agree. I'm hoping that since Jill will probably get above and beyond what she registered for, she'll donate any surplus to new moms in her area who need it and can't afford to buy new.

I'm also hoping some of it will go to the ebil unwed liberal feminist moms who are struggling, but that may be too much to hope for. Seriously, Derick and Jill can afford to buy their own swag - the decent thing to do would be to share with others.

Soda and Gatorade on the registry? Restaurant gift cards? That just seems tacky. I though most moms/parents just ran to the store and got some "labor" foods and drinks. Why ask your friends and family to buy that?

And baby food? It's going to be a year from now, at the very least, before baby is ready for that. Some babies don't really wean until 12 mo. or more.

A big kid car seat? Min. weight is 40 lbs... SO this isn't just a baby registry, it's a child registry. :roll:

I noticed that too. My son is a small 4 1/2 year old and weighs 33 pounds. He won't be 40 pounds until Kindergarten! I bet Jill will add tons of clothes and shoes too even after the baby is born.

Lawd, help me. Now we are getting videos with unless updates? I am exhausted with these two already and we are just now moving into the second trimester. This pregnancy is going to be a lllllloooooonnnnnnggggg one.

I fear this is only going to get worse. I can't imagine what we are going to be bombarded with once they find out the sex of the baby.

I'm already tired of all the stunts they'll be pullin' about the baby's sex and initials, and name.... yes indeed, this is going to be one long ass, attention seeking pregnancy. :hand:

I keep reading that, but I'd love to see the source. I've only ever heard Michelle say that she had no problems nursing (so blessed, praise god etc) and that she nursed til she got pregnant again and the babies self weened (which has been my experience too). I just don't see her persevering with nursing 18 times (Josie couldn't take breast milk) with inverted nipples, especially as formula feeding would bring the next blessing faster.

I think that maybe Michelle said in her book that she had inverted nipples, but I don't know for sure. Whatever, you either correct the inversion, learn to deal with it by either weaning on the inverted side or by great positioning, or wean very quickly. Inverted nipples are rarely bi-lateral and are not inherited. Nipple shields of the type that Jill registered for are not used much for inverted nipples because there are much more effective solutions. Breast shells which break down the adhesions that cause the inversion may be used antenatally or after birth to correct inverted nipples. There is also a nipple everted device that basically is a syringe to help draw the nipple out.

It's pretty telling that we're all sick of Jill being pregnant long before she is. It might be more financially prudent for them to dial back the grifting and the attention-seeking in order to generate more interest for longterm.

If Jill were to miscarry (god forbid) this child, would they return all of the gifts they've already received? I truly doubt it.

They are takers, not givers. "How dare you ask to return material things when Jill is grieving over her 6-week-old fetus-child?"

I noticed that too. My son is a small 4 1/2 year old and weighs 33 pounds. He won't be 40 pounds until Kindergarten! I bet Jill will add tons of clothes and shoes too even after the baby is born.

I have a sick feeling that JIll ordered that car seat to have for her siblings because I have a feeling she's still watching the littles quite a bit. Because Michelle is a fail at mothering.

Dear Jill Duggar,

This is what you need to post next on your instagram:

Dear Duggar Fans,

I just realized that my recent marriage and pregnancy has triggered a serious bout of amnesia. When I signed up for a million items on the recent baby registry, I forgot that my dad is a multimillionaire, my husband has a great job with excellent benefits, we regularly get large checks from our appearance on a reality TV show and People magazine has paid us an obscene amount of money for pictures of our wedding and birth announcement and those checks will keep rolling in! Instead of asking fans to buy me soft drinks, gift cards and baby food, I meant to ask fans to use their money to support other young mothers who actually need help. In fact, I am vehemently opposed to abortion, so my biggest concern is not about the baby I'll been raising in my large free house, but about all those other babies who will be born into precarious circumstances. Whatever you were going to send to me, please send instead to (insert the name of several legitimate charities that support children and families in need)

Love,

Jilly

I think that maybe Michelle said in her book that she had inverted nipples, but I don't know for sure. Whatever, you either correct the inversion, learn to deal with it by either weaning on the inverted side or by great positioning, or wean very quickly. Inverted nipples are rarely bi-lateral and are not inherited. Nipple shields of the type that Jill registered for are not used much for inverted nipples because there are much more effective solutions. Breast shells which break down the adhesions that cause the inversion may be used antenatally or after birth to correct inverted nipples. There is also a nipple everted device that basically is a syringe to help draw the nipple out.

She's getting so much from other people's money that she's not being at all careful with what she buys. It's like money grows on trees for her.

For some reasons, money has been growing on trees for the Duggars for at least the past ten years. And the gravy train is not going anywhere. They are rightfully confident that money will just flow in from every possible direction, because for some reason, it really is so. There is no stopping, they get richer and richer and richer every single day, their lifestyle is rewarding. They get the false(?) message that they are doing things right and the Lord just rewards them for spreading the word and stuff.

So here's the deal...Jill and Derrick have money and a huge registry base...so yes they will end up with a carrier with a handle and a big car seat, but what about those people who struggle. Those car seats with handles can cost over $100 and the ones that will hold infants up to 40 pounds are over $200. If someone purchases one that is only rated until 20 pounds they will have to buy another.

I can tell you that social services doesn't provide car seats in our county nor a stipend, so when we had to decide on what to use we did a lot of research and decided, ease of use aside a big convertible car seat gives more bang for the buck! A lot of times I think that younger parents assume an infant seat is a necessity when actually it can be a luxury.

I was a little snide and snarky, but I hadn't eaten dinner yet! [emoji43]. I do realize that not everyone can wear their baby or carry it around endlessly. Nor do I think an infant car seat denotes abuse or neglect. I also realize that sometimes sarcasm can't be seen through the internets.

/

Sorry I missed your sarcasm. I do know people who believe that infant car seats are for neglectful parents so that's why I assumed you were being serious. And I definitely agree that if you're strapped for cash then getting a convertible is the way to go instead of the infant car seat. However Jill doesn't fall into that category at all and her infant car seat might be used up until she has as second baby and the oldest can move into a convertible just in time for the infant car seat to be used again. It's certainly how things would have played out in Michelle's case.

I think Dill's gift grab is unclassy, but her early pregnancy announcement may have been considerate. She'll be showing at

Jessa's wedding and there will be pictures. If she didn't announce early, then more attention at the wedding would be on Jill and less on the bride. Now by the time Jessa gets married, the pregnancy will be old news.

She could have announced it around now over a month before the wedding but not right on the heels of the engagement. Even waiting a week or two after Jessa's engagement would have made it not look quite so much like she was trying to steal her sister's attention. Although I know she has a little bump I don't think she's showing enough that people would know she's pregnant right now and if she didn't post pictures of her belly in instagram then I doubt there would have been anyone the wiser. Anna's managed to hide pregnancies for quite some time even going as far as 20 weeks or so with Marcus.

/

Sorry I missed your sarcasm. I do know people who believe that infant car seats are for neglectful parents so that's why I assumed you were being serious. And I definitely agree that if you're strapped for cash then getting a convertible is the way to go instead of the infant car seat. However Jill doesn't fall into that category at all and her infant car seat might be used up until she has as second baby and the oldest can move into a convertible just in time for the infant car seat to be used again. It's certainly how things would have played out in Michelle's case.

She could have announced it around now over a month before the wedding but not right on the heels of the engagement. Even waiting a week or two after Jessa's engagement would have made it not look quite so much like she was trying to steal her sister's attention. Although I know she has a little bump I don't think she's showing enough that people would know she's pregnant right now and if she didn't post pictures of her belly in instagram then I doubt there would have been anyone the wiser. Anna's managed to hide pregnancies for quite some time even going as far as 20 weeks or so with Marcus.

We don't actually know if Jill was the one who decided to announce so early. She has a contract with both TLC and People Magazine, and they could have forced her hand. Yes, she is selfish, but TLC wants ratings, and People wants to sell magazines.

Totally agree that it's very rude of Jill to post this before Jessa's wedding. She could easily have done it around Christmastime when Jessa's marriage would be old news and her family/ close friends would be looking to buy her a gift anyways. i also don't think she should have publicized ever to leghumpers and should have asked that in lieu of gifts, people donate. thats a really nice idea someone had upthread!

However, as far as the content (on the what should have been private registry), i don't fault her quite as much for putting on the super unclassy items like gatorade. i think maybe Jill is well aware that certian people are going to buy her a gift whether she wants them to or not, and might feel bad when they see that only expensive items are on her registry. it makes her look more "out of their legaue" in a way. this way, some dear, sweet fundie friends can feel happy that they gave sweet Jill that blessed case of Gatorade to drink when she's tired and needs energy, instead of feeling like there's no way they can afford a gift for their friend she would actually use.

But I'm a big gift giver, I love to buy for my friends- usually planning for birthdays and christmas weeks in advance- and would be really upset if I felt like nothing in my price range would be "good enough" for them (even if thats not true). So, maybe I have a skewed perspective.

Some people seemingly don't really want to touch their babies. They get all sorts of stuff that make it possible to touch their babies as little as possible from infant seats ("baby buckets")

One thing I did notice is tons of bibs. Just how many bibs does a kid need? Jill asked for enough to outfit a daycare.

Seriously?? Good Lord, is there ANYTHING a mom can do that won't cause other women to bitch that they aren't doing parenting right :roll:

Ridiculous.

Archived