IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! Part 2~ The First Trimester Edition

keen23

Maybe Jill will set a Duggar standard for registering for things.

Josiah's finally out of ALERT and needs some new clothes - registry! Josie needs more therapy - registry! Jana's living with Josh and Anna and needs clothing, food and personal items while she's there - registry! Several howlers decide they want to build a shed to store their bikes in on the property and need lumber and nails - registry!

Oh dear Lord, what have I done? They're probably getting ideas from reading this as we speak. :shock:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soda and Gatorade on the registry? Restaurant gift cards? That just seems tacky. I though most moms/parents just ran to the store and got some "labor" foods and drinks. Why ask your friends and family to buy that?

And baby food? It's going to be a year from now, at the very least, before baby is ready for that. Some babies don't really wean until 12 mo. or more.

A big kid car seat? Min. weight is 40 lbs... SO this isn't just a baby registry, it's a child registry. :roll:

Soda and Gatorade on the registry? Restaurant gift cards? That just seems tacky. I though most moms/parents just ran to the store and got some "labor" foods and drinks. Why ask your friends and family to buy that?

And baby food? It's going to be a year from now, at the very least, before baby is ready for that. Some babies don't really wean until 12 mo. or more.

A big kid car seat? Min. weight is 40 lbs... SO this isn't just a baby registry, it's a child registry. :roll:

More like a personal registry. I think Jill is taking advantage of her media whoring.

More like a personal registry. I think Jill is taking advantage of her media whoring.

that's evident and its getting tacky

and does she not even think of her sister who is the bride to be - let her enjoy the spotlight a bit

So, the registry...

My friend registered for restaurant gift cards on her baby registry. When I asked her why, she said, "My husband can't cook for shit. I don't want to be standing around cooking dinner on top of everything else when I get home, and I don't have the freezer space for prepared meals. So, yeah."

So, I kind of see my friend's point.

As for registering early - my niece also registered early, because her mother went on a spree and bought EVERYTHING she registered for. She knew that was going to happen, and wanted to be able to add options later on closer to her baby shower. I imagine, within Milllions of adoring leghumpers fans, she may see it as just getting the word out.

I don't necessarily see registries at any stage in the pregnancy as gift grabs. Because many places will give you a discount on what isn't purchased. But, you have to be responsible about what you put on there too.

Soda and cereal, not logical.

Diapers, wipes, cribs, etc....logical

Sigh.

I want to set up a birthday registry now....

As for thinking about Jessa's spotlight...meh. I'm one of three. Let me tell ya, I get sick as shit of not being able to share good things about my life because I had to be careful of my sisters' feelings.

well, they do have 4k sf house to store things!!

And what if she doesn't do baby food? We didn't with #2....Baby Led Weaning! It's the way to go.

She won't do baby-led weaning. Michelle didn't. Nurse until the baby is 6 months old, and then immediately start trying to conceive the next "blessing"

Michelle didn't pursue a career in midwifery, either, or want to be a missionary, or wear bows in her hair. Jill could do any number of things Michelle never did. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

In the mean time we get to enjoy her riveting instagram photos documenting her days folding laundry and eating lunch in the Wal-Mart parking lot with her husband.

Do you think the Duggars are self-aware? Do they realise how much they have sold out? The fame and fortune (!) seem to corrupt everyone who has a reality show. As previous posters have said, this is so tacky. Greedy, obnoxious & tacky.

Just because you can behave in a certain way doesn't mean you should. IMO she should use any excess of gifts to help others. You know, Christian charity.

I think the baby registry so early is to keep the media hype going. If she was waiting four months, no one would care because anyone who was interested in her pregnancy would have moved on to something else. The only reason there is interest outside of fundy circles in the wedding and baby is because they live in a weird world where adults are children and are not allowed to hold hands until they are engaged or kiss until their wedding day. People like a freak show and that this is what it is. There is nothing extraordinary about these people, they are just odd and out of the norm. Someone in the family, likely Jim Bob, realizes this, so Jill's early registry is just a way of maximizing the interest while it is here. Get all you can now because the gravy train won't last forever.

As for thinking about Jessa's spotlight...meh. I'm one of three. Let me tell ya, I get sick as shit of not being able to share good things about my life because I had to be careful of my sisters' feelings.

I can see that, but there's a difference between sharing news of your pregnancy early, versus actually putting up the gift registry now rather than waiting 6 or 7 weeks until after her sister's wedding is over. (For reference, I didn't think it was at all out of line for Jill to marry first even if it looked a bit rushed. I did think it was a little ballsy to announce the pregnancy so soon after Jessa's engagement announcement, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that that was sort of a family business decision for publicity for the new season. I do think she's now overstepped by doing her registry this early when she could very easily wait until mid-November).

I can see getting a couple expecting a baby gift cards to restaurants with carry out or delivery. When my friend who lives far away from me had her first I got her a gift card to a local pizza place that they could get delivery from I would have liked to given her food but we didn't live close enough for that to be practical. However I feel like actually registering for gift cards is pretty tacky.

I wouldn't fault anyone for putting big ticket items on a registry since you do get that registry close out thing with a coupon so you can get a lot off it. We had a secret registry that we didn't share for our second child so we could use the registry close out to purchase a new car seat for our first. Also all my co-workers went in together and bought us our pack and play, which was way more then I would have expected them to spend individually.

However Jill and Derrick just seem to be getting really "give me, give me" about this registry. If they needed to register due to family pressure why post it to instagram? To me that's saying they expect their instagram fans to purchase items off the registry. Also with Jessa's wedding so very soon it would be very easy to wait. My son was due a month before theirs and we didn't start registering until late November.

So, the registry...

My friend registered for restaurant gift cards on her baby registry. When I asked her why, she said, "My husband can't cook for shit. I don't want to be standing around cooking dinner on top of everything else when I get home, and I don't have the freezer space for prepared meals. So, yeah."

So, I kind of see my friend's point.

As for registering early - my niece also registered early, because her mother went on a spree and bought EVERYTHING she registered for. She knew that was going to happen, and wanted to be able to add options later on closer to her baby shower. I imagine, within Milllions of adoring leghumpers fans, she may see it as just getting the word out.

I don't necessarily see registries at any stage in the pregnancy as gift grabs. Because many places will give you a discount on what isn't purchased. But, you have to be responsible about what you put on there too.

Soda and cereal, not logical.

Diapers, wipes, cribs, etc....logical

Sigh.

I want to set up a birthday registry now....

she doesn't even seem to care at all about Jessa. Jessa gets engaged. Jill announces pregnancy. Jessa is getting married in November a month and half away. but no Jill can't wait that measly amount of time to make a baby registry she has to do it NOW. There was zero need for her to do it now.

she doesn't even seem to care at all about Jessa. Jessa gets engaged. Jill announces pregnancy. Jessa is getting married in November a month and half away. but no Jill can't wait that measly amount of time to make a baby registry she has to do it NOW. There was zero need for her to do it now.

Yeah I could see and understand creating the registry before Jessa's wedding if it was while Jill would be in the third trimester. But she's in the first and the wedding will be while she's still in the second trimester. Jessa's getting married on 11/1 right? Then Jill will only be 19 weeks at that point still on the early end for creating a baby registry and plenty of time to do so after the wedding.

She won't do baby-led weaning. Michelle didn't. Nurse until the baby is 6 months old, and then immediately start trying to conceive the next "blessing"

Oh, I really hope she won't wean the baby at 6 months. I'm afraid you're right, but did she not learn anything about nursing in her midwifery classes? I so hope she nurses until the baby weans itself. Mine all did before age 2. So easy-sad for me-but easy and painless for them! What does Anna do? Does she wean at 6 months? Is that a Gothard teaching?

Michelle said that she didn't purposely wean at 6 months. She said she got pregnant even though she was breastfeeding, the taste of the breast milk changed, the babies no longer liked it and they weaned themselves. I would tend to believe her... she seems like the sort who would enjoy keeping a baby in the nursing stage as long as she could.

Move over Jim Bob and Michelle, there is a new attention seeking couple in town.

We are just a few weeks into this pregnancy, and I am tapped out. They are getting on my damn nerves.

Get over yourselves, Dillards. You are not birthing the second coming. We do not need a State of The Bump weekly address.

She didn't register for two of Michelle's must haves for baby: a giant nursing cape and an oversized spoon for feeding baby peas out of a can.

I wonder if she'll borrow her mother's famous green maternity shirt?

Or that padded thing that is fastened around mom's waist - Michelle wore one to hold the baby under the cape when they visited the public school with the girls years ago.

Dang..... baby's gettin' a CELL phone! :cray-cray:

ST UNLIMITED CARD

TRACFONE WIRELESS INC

Now what is she going to do when people start sending her this stuff, and God Forbid, something happens to the baby. I never give a baby gift until after the baby arrives, unless I'm invited to a shower. It's just asking for bad luck...

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Jill setup a baby gift table at Jessa & Ben's wedding reception.

Or maybe they'll save money by having a joint baby shower for Jill / wedding shower for Jessa.

SO tacky.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Jill setup a baby gift table at Jessa & Ben's wedding reception.

Or maybe they'll save money by having a joint baby shower for Jill / wedding shower for Jessa.

SO tacky.

I know, right? Maybe Jill and Derick can set up another money grab at Jessa's wedding with a sign that says: "Throw a buck in the truck for our new baby duck?"

I know, right? Maybe Jill and Derick can set up another money grab at Jessa's wedding with a sign that says: "Throw a buck in the truck for our new baby duck?"

Throw a buck in the truck because without a condom we...

Archived