IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! Part 2~ The First Trimester Edition

keen23

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the Instagram picture from Derick's acount:

10623901_351189431710827_142361532_a.jpg

Having fun creating our baby registry! Looking forward to "Baby Dilly's" arrival in just 6 months! #babydilly #babyregistry #derickdillard #jillmdillard

Do you think they're being pressured to register so early because he works for Walmart? (Being an accountant, he'd work in their corporate office and not at an actual store, right?)

The headquarters is in Bentonville, Arkansas, so maybe, though each store may have an accountant and all send their books to HQ. That makes more sense than having one office in HQ handle all the records for all the stores.

I'm sure the Waltons are loving this free advertising.

And I hope so hard the next baby will be years down the road.

Nice. Registry in the first trimester. And pimping it to strangers, hooray! Guess the People Magazine cover wasn't enough $$$ for this blessing. J'chelle must be so proud.

Gotta start right away, asking for blessings for the blessing!

And he could work in a store and not HQ. My ex-MIL (who has no hs diploma or GED, to give an idea of what is required for this job) was an accountant in a store for years. BTW not putting down his job, as any job is better than none these days! Just pointing out that if he works in a store and not HQ, his degree is not being used to its maximum potential.

Wow. Why not wait until after Jessa and Ben's wedding? It is a long time until March or early April. Jessa and Ben's wedding is in just a few weeks.

Starting to think there may be some truth to the rumors that Jill is selfish.

Wow. Why not wait until after Jessa and Ben's wedding? It is a long time until March or early April. Jessa and Ben's wedding is in just a few weeks.

Because Jill wants all the presents. :lol: seriously though many quiver family's aren't that rich just look at the Bates how are they going to afford a baby present and a wedding present so close together. So Jill jumps in with her registry so she doesn't miss out and of course she just has to have that Subway card :roll:

So looks like they have 2 registries so far. Wal-Mart & Amazon. Agree it's too early, especially for the reason that stores' inventories will change dramatically during/after holidays. Not snarking on having a registry though. I'm all for it, load it up! Even pricey items (you can buy yourself later at a discount.) But restaurant gift cards, sodas? Those puff snacks? Just odd.

So looks like they have 2 registries so far. Wal-Mart & Amazon. Agree it's too early, especially for the reason that stores' inventories will change dramatically during/after holidays. Not snarking on having a registry though. I'm all for it, load it up! Even pricey items (you can buy yourself later at a discount.) But restaurant gift cards, sodas? Those puff snacks? Just odd.

Didn't they have WD40 on their wedding registration?

Isn't it a little early for baby registries? Jill is only in her first trimester. My sister didn't start one until after the second trimester and found out the sex of the baby.

I said it months ago on another thread. Jill is selfish and wants all the attention. That is why (I think) she got engaged so quickly, so it would be "before Jessa."

Nobody agreed with me on that thread. lol Glad I'm not crazy and ya'll are starting to see what I saw from the beginning. :dance:

I said it months ago on another thread. Jill is selfish and wants all the attention. That is why (I think) she got engaged so quickly, so it would be "before Jessa."

Nobody agreed with me on that thread. lol Glad I'm not crazy and ya'll are starting to see what I saw from the beginning. :dance:

yes. And that celebrity weddings post that somehow includes her wedding :? https://celebrity.yahoo.com/photos/the- ... slideshow/

Her picture is totally triumphant, compared to the other brides. Nothing modest or non-self-seeking about it. Never noticed it before it was put in a group of photos like that. You were right. Poor Jessa.

But -- maybe this was Derick's doing -- at least the baby registry is all store-only, there are no photos, so it might get less attention until Jessa and Ben get their share.

So we've had several discussions here about what we all consider appropriate or inappropriate to post on a wedding registry, and I adjusted my views a bit about certain things. I once grumped about a friend who got married because her fiance registered for video games and a console just for himself. But on the other hand, if it had been for both of them and was something they could both enjoy, it would have been okay to register for the games. And then about the food - if it was something both partners would enjoy, I could see gifting them with restaurant cards, or even putting together a gift basket full of goodies for the new home.

But a baby registry really should be about the new baby's needs, and therefore, items for the BABY. Jill and Derick just got this huge wedding, multiple showers, a pounding, all kinds of freebies, a free wedding dress, and the "buck in a truck," in addition to countless people who donated their time, labor and other resources to pull the whole affair off.

So now, two months later, we see them registering for restaurant gift cards on a baby registry because they know some idiot leghumper will probably kick in for them. :angry-banghead:

It's one thing to register for baby items. The cost of said items can be debated depending on how expensive they run, but throwing gift cards for restaurants on the pile is just selfish. The point of the registry is to provide for the infant. The parents have already been amply well-stocked with wedding food and gifts.

I had exactly the same thought! Jill's had her time in the spotlight maybe take a step back and let Jessa have her wedding moment as well? There's still a ton of time after Jessa's November nuptials to upload the Baby Dill wishlist for the leghumpers. It sure seems like Jill keeps one-upping her sister. :(

I'm puzzled. Jill knows far more than most first time mothers about newborns, thanks to all her siblings. How much does she think she needs for this baby?

I bought a pram and change table for my first. I was given a cot. Clothes came second hand by the bag load from friends. What more does a new born need? Nappies I guess but my boys were so big they didn't fit the newborn size and those I had bought got passed on to friends.

But -- maybe this was Derick's doing -- at least the baby registry is all store-only, there are no photos, so it might get less attention until Jessa and Ben get their share.

It has twenty thousand likes on Instagram. I'm pretty sure the whole point was to get attention and free stuff.

I have truly been appalled by all the registries we have seen by the Duggars lately. It seems like they have zero semblance of what a normal registry looks like. Registering for baby food when the child won't be eating solids for months? Where are you going to store all that? Soda? If this was one of my close friends or family members, I would wait until the weeks leading up to the birth and then get a pack of diapers... It would probably be more useful than solid baby food. Which, btw, she should order in bulk when the time comes.

Imagine what each birthday for the child is going to be like? The horror....

I think the problem is they picked walmart and started a registry way too early. They also wanted a large registry but how many unique items from walmart do you need if you don't know the gender of the baby for the first 6 months? Did she really try out lots of strollers and car seats or just pick what was on the shelf at walmart?

I had a high risk pregnancies and several 2nd trimester miscarriages so my husband didn't want to buy early. The week before I had my daughter he bought the crib I had picked out and the car seat(the hospital required a special one for babies under 5 lbs so luckily I did not buy the normal britax I had liked or the hospital would not have let us leave). We bought a case of diapers and an bunch of onesies and gowns and few friends dropped off some premmie Gymboree pjs and that was it for bringing my daughter home.

I know Jill has a large family and many friends, but really all she needs is a crib, carseat, stroller, sheets/blankets and diapers. I bet she will have to hide the gender of the baby for he birth special or a people magazine cover. It would be better IMO to have shower after the baby is born if the have to conceal the gender because that way she can get the cute clothes and décor that she has probably loved on pin interest.

I have truly been appalled by all the registries we have seen by the Duggars lately. It seems like they have zero semblance of what a normal registry looks like. Registering for baby food when the child won't be eating solids for months? Where are you going to store all that? Soda? If this was one of my close friends or family members, I would wait until the weeks leading up to the birth and then get a pack of diapers... It would probably be more useful than solid baby food. Which, btw, she should order in bulk when the time comes.

Imagine what each birthday for the child is going to be like? The horror....

well, they do have 4k sf house to store things!!

And what if she doesn't do baby food? We didn't with #2....Baby Led Weaning! It's the way to go.

Archived