IGNORED

Lori Alexander is going to haaaaate this

She's so fast.

I really want to ask her on FB if she sits at her computer all day and waits for "detractors" or if she has some kind of alert system. Woman wouldn't get anything done without something like that.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She published my comment and replied...so I replied to her...

Here's her reply and mine:

Lori Alexander · 9 minutes ago

I have responded to this question many times whenever I write about keepers at home. You can check out old posts of mine to get my response. I am commanded by God to teach young women to be keepers at home, so this is what I do. I don't feel I should have to give all of the "exceptions" to God's commands every time I teach them. More women need to be taught to be keepers at home than to be teachers, nurses, etc. They are taught that almost every where else. They won't be taught that here. To me there is NOTHING more important than a strong family base who are raising godly offspring for God's eternal kingdom.

Guest BSME · less than 1 minute ago

then I feel sorry for you and all the women you "mentor"...there's so much more to life and yes, you can raise Godly children, have a wonderful marriage and still have a career...how do I know? I've done it for the last 30 years. I haven't missed a single thing. I have wonderful children and grandchildren, a husband who is crazy about me and a wonderful home. I'm not cut out to stay at home, there's way too much I want to do with my life than stay at home looking at the same 4 walls.

And now she has deleted every last bit of it, because it detracts from HER message.

Dear Lori, if your message isn't strong enough to stand against criticism, then perhaps it should be reevaluated :music-tool:

Fucking bitch...I don't get what the deal is. Her and Ken hate each other with a passion, she aims to bring down women to her level (lazy as shit and stupid) and is violently opposed to anything other than "The Bible according to Lori".

Fuck her and the horse she rode in on.

Say what now? Debi Pearl actually called a woman hillbilly ugly? Bitch, please! You live in middle Tennessee (info available on NGJ public website) and look as hillbilly as they come. Fuck you Debi Pearl and your worshippers Ken and Lori Alexander!

Say what now? Debi Pearl actually called a woman hillbilly ugly? Bitch, please! You live in middle Tennessee (info available on NGJ public website) and look as hillbilly as they come. Fuck you Debi Pearl and your worshippers Ken and Lori Alexander!

Now wait a mo. I've got lots of family in middle Tennessee and they're neither hillbilly nor ugly. Er...okay, maybe a little bit hillbilly. :lol:

Sadly, Debi Pearl would be what she is no matter where she lives.

Now wait a mo. I've got lots of family in middle Tennessee and they're neither hillbilly nor ugly. Er...okay, maybe a little bit hillbilly. :lol:

Sadly, Debi Pearl would be what she is no matter where she lives.

Don't forget, she also threw rocks at her hubby once when he made her mad. iirc he said she had good aim.

Don't forget, she also threw rocks at her hubby once when he made her mad. iirc he said she had good aim.

And these people are doling out marriage advice. :evil-eye:

Lori or Debbi? I could totally see Lori doing something like that. She's a spoiled little princess, that's for sure. I could see her throwing a giant ass tantrum

Is Lori aware that up till a generation ago, when we were all so very much more God fearing and Bible believing, that grandmothers often provided a large portion of child care for their grandchildren? Wasn't Naomi a nurse to Ruth and Boaz's first child in the Bible?

These people have some serious stupid going on.

Also, copying aunt genny's comment in case lori deletes:

Our founding fathers had seen the church existing as an arm of the government in Europe for hundreds of years, in which the church was supported and operated by the government, and they did not want the same set up in this new republic. They wanted separation of church and state, and set up constitutional protection of freedom of religion, and the right to worship as one chooses. In this country there are thousands of churches and religious institutions, tax free and protected by the law. There are TV stations, radio programs, and publications which are protected by law. Christ commissioned the CHURCH to spread the gospel, not governments or public institutions. Public schools are NOT anti-Christ by government mandate. Religions can be taught in public schools, but worship, indoctrination, and proselytizing can not. We, the people of faith, are called to bring the good news of God's love for His creation to the world, not to bring false charges against those who protect our rights, in the private sector, to do so.

We're smart women; how can we get Aunt Ginny to FJ to dish on Lori? She totally would.

I'd bet just about anything that Lori's daughters-in-law already read here...and laugh themselves to tears.

Emily is very careful to say "eventually" we'll have children.

Sounds like someone is definitely NOT dropping out of law school.

"As Steven and I grow old, loving and serving each other ... "

Sounds like someone may also believe in mutual submission.

On a side note, is nothing sacred to Lori? I would feel so violated if my father-in-law (don't have a MIL) posted my private, most intimate thoughts online for everyone to gawk over.

Reader:

I completely agree with what you are saying, Maria, however it is really all relative to one's situation. Depending on what time periods we're counting back generations, if we just look at the past 100 years, many people in America were immigrants who were seeking ways to put food on the table to support their families....through the Great Depression. In the Depression era ANYONE who could get a job to feed their families - man or woman - did what was necessary. Same sentiment we saw during WWII when women took to factories to do what was necessary. What if no women had stepped up? Families would have starved and our country would have been short of workpower.

If we fast forward to more recent times, through to more liberal societies, it is then that we can see women began to have and make choices as times were better. Families ate healthy food because the food supply was healthy and not all the processed corporate food farms of today.

Yes indeed, I of course meant to type 31 and not 51.

I am a great fan of history and think it is important that it is represented for what it was. As well as the realities for so many women today who must work to feed their familes (for whatever reasons), to pay for education (college), expenses, etc. Familes in America are struggling to make ends meet today, let alone surplus expenses. This is their reality.

Blessings.

Lori:

God's commands are the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. They never change. I don't look at history or society to decide what is best for women. I look at God's clear, unchanging commands.

I'm sorry, but how often do we hear Lori reference (and misrepresent) ye good ol' days, when all the women were non voting keepers at home, completely at the mercy of their husbands??? Oh, that's right....ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

Reader:

Lori:

I'm sorry, but how often do we hear Lori reference (and misrepresent) ye good ol' days, when all the women were non voting keepers at home, completely at the mercy of their children??? Oh, that's right....ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

Isn't it nice that we have Lori to tell us what's best for all of us?

The narcissism of her is scalding.

"As Steven and I grow old, loving and serving each other ... "

Sounds like someone may also believe in mutual submission.

On a side note, is nothing sacred to Lori? I would feel so violated if my father-in-law (don't have a MIL) posted my private, most intimate thoughts online for everyone to gawk over.

I noticed that too. She expects that it won't just be her serving Steven, Steven will also be serving her. How many times will Lori have to delete the question "Is Emily staying in law school?" today? :lol:

Isn't it nice that we have Lori to tell us what's best for all of us?

The narcissism of her is scalding.

lol, I meant to put "at the mercy of their husbands"

Today, it's Emily's letter to Lorken.

In my imagination, Emily and her law-school smarts are totally Poe-ing Lori. Because that would be awesome.

Thank you for pouring your sweat, tears, and prayers over him his entire life.

Getting married can be a stressful process for some. Broken families can cause an understandable angst and emotional baggage. How thankful Steven and I both are that our parents raised us to walk in Truth, and taught us the goal of marriage: to be sanctified that we may become more like Christ.

Steven and I marvel at how blessed we are to have such kind, generous, and godly parents. We can only pray to impart to our children the wisdom you and my parents have imparted to us.

I cannot wait for the California trips, Door County, more nieces and nephews for us and yes, eventually we will give you more grandchildren [Firiel's inferred completion of sentence: after I'm done with law school!], by God's will.

Law school or not, I think the letter was gross. Sorry, I am just not a mushy person, so writing this long emotional letter to a woman she hardly knows makes me :evil-eye:

And in typical Lori fashion, the entire world has to know about it, because as Lori has so eloquently pointed out, there should be no boundaries. *gag*

then I feel sorry for you and all the women you "mentor"...there's so much more to life and yes, you can raise Godly children, have a wonderful marriage and still have a career...how do I know? I've done it for the last 30 years. I haven't missed a single thing. I have wonderful children and grandchildren, a husband who is crazy about me and a wonderful home. I'm not cut out to stay at home, there's way too much I want to do with my life than stay at home looking at the same 4 walls.

SAHM here. I actually don't stay at home looking at the same 4 walls. That would drive me crazy, too.

Hmm...A few days ago I came down with a mild cold. I was feeling rather bad and was staying with my boyfriend. it was about 11pm and he said he'd run up the road to 7-11 and get me some medicine.

An hour later, he came back and said they didn't have anything at 7-11 and Rite Aid and Dollar stores were all closed so he drove 15 minutes away at night to go to Wal-Mart to get me some medication. I didn't ask him to do this at all. I told him I would be fine and he didn't need to get me anything at all. He did anyway.

Why would he do that...because that's what people who care and love each other do. I would have done the same for him too. They don't think about serving each other or going out of their way to make the other feel better, they just do it. If that means running out to an open store miles away at midnight for your ill loved one or searching three different stores for the right dosa batter. And the other person appreciating the effort automatically because it was done out of love.

Does anyone else think that these letters have a form letter ring to them?

I'm guessing that it's either Emily's practice, or the pastor's suggestion, for them each to write letters to both sets of parents on the wedding day. I don't think that they were suddenly overcome with the desire to do so because Ken and Lori are the awesomest ever.

So yes, Emily knows her social graces, and how to write a nice note to the ILs. Buttering up Lori is a skill that will serve her well, since Lori divides the world into friend and foe - friends can do no wrong and foes can do no right. She'll have minimal contact with Lori anyway, since she's in another state and Lori's not the type to travel much.

I'm guessing that it's either Emily's practice, or the pastor's suggestion, for them each to write letters to both sets of parents on the wedding day. I don't think that they were suddenly overcome with the desire to do so because Ken and Lori are the awesomest ever.

So yes, Emily knows her social graces, and how to write a nice note to the ILs. Buttering up Lori is a skill that will serve her well, since Lori divides the world into friend and foe - friends can do no wrong and foes can do no right. She'll have minimal contact with Lori anyway, since she's in another state and Lori's not the type to travel much.

It's a grace (for Lori) than I never married into that family. "Buttering up the mil" is not a skill I've perfected or even practiced, and if she went into full on war mode with me, I'd have told the bitch to bring.it.on.

No letter, lots of boundaries, no fake like for Lori's blog, off to law school.

There's NO WAY I would have written a letter to my MIL on my wedding day. That bitch has done nothing but lie and try to cause problems for me and the hubs since the day we got married. She hates me with a bloody blue passion. It's ok because I hate her right back. I'm damn glad I'm now on the other side of the country from her.

Archived