IGNORED

Lori Alexander is going to haaaaate this

What a freaking idiot. We aren't to use the Old Testament but she quotes Proverbs daily on her blog. Does she realize what section that book is in??

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whenever I read these holier than thou, judgy fundie blogs, I think to myself "Wow. When/if they get to heaven they will absolutely shit themselves when they see who they have to share it with." You know, like single/working moms, premarital sex havers, gay folks, etc.

I'm actually hoping that lori and her I'll are surprised when they get told that they got it all wrong and they never really knew Jesus and get turned away at the Gate.

Actually I think that's the best part, as it contains the ultimate loophole and logical failure of Ken's approach, which is: "disregard everything we are saying if your direct relationship with God tells you to do something other than what we are saying." He's just undermined not just this particular argument but essentially everything that they say and Lori's whole purpose for the blog.

Except, they come across as believing that really, there are no exceptions and if you think you are one, you are probably really just working for money, ego and happiness. You really should be staying home-- poor, unfulfilled and unhappy, since you are a woman, after all.

What a freaking idiot. We aren't to use the Old Testament but she quotes Proverbs daily on her blog. Does she realize what section that book is in??

I tried to make sense of Ken's explanation for this. I really did.

All I got though was a mess of contradictions, and something about violation of solid hermeneutical principles. Ken seems to trot out that line to shut down any conversation on a Biblical topic that's not going his way.

I've started Ken's explanation and I have a question.

Do these people think that the Proverbs 31 woman is a literal woman who existed? Do they not understand that it is poetry describing a great wife/mother? I always assumed they knew this person was not a literal person, but now I'm not so sure...

I've started Ken's explanation and I have a question.

Do these people think that the Proverbs 31 woman is a literal woman who existed? Do they not understand that it is poetry describing a great wife/mother? I always assumed they knew this person was not a literal person, but now I'm not so sure...

Nothing in Proverbs is literal, nor is it a source of commandments (as opposed to wisdom). Someone forgot to give them the memo.

Ask them what they would do if they got to attend a political fundraiser or fancy dinner with a head of state and felt hungry, based on Proverbs 23. I'm guessing "stab myself in the throat" wouldn't be their first answer, but they will totally swear that Proverbs 23:13-14 is meant to be an explicit commandment to literally beat your child with a rod.

Nothing in Proverbs is literal, nor is it a source of commandments (as opposed to wisdom). Someone forgot to give them the memo.

Ask them what they would do if they got to attend a political fundraiser or fancy dinner with a head of state and felt hungry, based on Proverbs 23. I'm guessing "stab myself in the throat" wouldn't be their first answer, but they will totally swear that Proverbs 23:13-14 is meant to be an explicit commandment to literally beat your child with a rod.

No, someone forgot to give you the memo, apparently. Because Klorien has gotten the memo straight from the big guy upstairs. :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

Archived