IGNORED

Lori Alexander is going to haaaaate this

Now watch how Lori just served herself.

Reader:

Lori:

Lori:

Lori:

In conclusion:

Nanny- Acceptable (because Godly Mentor Lori had one)

Grandmas and Dads- Not God's plan

This makes absolutely NO sense! Then again, this is typical Lori advice. Before the rise of the Industrial Revolution, the home was a place of production. Every member of the household contributed to the family income. Extended families lived together. Grandparents often watched the children when the parents were busy. Even after the Industrial Revolution, the home remained multi-generational. Why is it that Lori would rather a stranger watch the children than a loving grandparent? I think it's because she can never undermine herself or admit she's wrong so every scenario and every bit of advice given on her blog must conform to her bottom line. She is so narcissistic, willfully ignorant and frustrating! I feel for anyone who has come in contact with her. Talk about toxic poisoning!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's how the Chicken Parm Conflict would go down in our athiest household:

Hubs: I'd really like Chicken Parm for the party. What do you think?

Me: I was thinking of spaghetti because we have so much frozen ground turkey. I don't want it to go bad.

Hubs: Oh, good idea

The end.

Or, if there MUST be conflict:

Me: I was going to make spaghetti for the party to get rid of all that frozen ground turkey. Which is organic, by the way.

Hubs: Well, I kind of wanted something more special, like chicken parm, since it IS a graduation. From orthodontist school! I can't wait to start bragging to the orthodontists I've been sucking up to for years! Anyway, what about chicken parm?

Me: Oh. Well. That's a bit more work. Would you mind helping me?

Hubs: Sure.

Me: And maybe we could use up that ground meat next week by making a big batch of chili?

Hubs: [easily] Sure, I'll help you with that, too.

Me: Thanks. You are a great guy.

Here's how the Chicken Parm Conflict would go down in our athiest household:

Hubs: I'd really like Chicken Parm for the party. What do you think?

Me: I was thinking of spaghetti because we have so much frozen ground turkey. I don't want it to go bad.

Hubs: Oh, good idea

The end.

Or, if there MUST be conflict:

Me: I was going to make spaghetti for the party to get rid of all that frozen ground turkey. Which is organic, by the way.

Hubs: Well, I kind of wanted something more special, like chicken parm, since it IS a graduation. From orthodontist school! I can't wait to start bragging to the orthodontists I've been sucking up to for years! Anyway, what about chicken parm?

Me: Oh. Well. That's a bit more work. Would you mind helping me?

Hubs: Sure.

Me: And maybe we could use up that ground meat next week by making a big batch of chili?

Hubs: [easily] Sure, I'll help you with that, too.

Me: Thanks. You are a great guy.

In all honesty, my late husband didn't care what I cooked, he liked everything I cooked and he never interferedwith my menu. He always helped me though, just for cosiness, being around each other, with a nice drink and some Mozart.

This is how it would have gone down with my ex-husband:

Him: I want chicken parm. for the party.

Me: Okay. Can you help me make it?

Him: WHAt?? Do you want me to put on a prissy little apron and become a housewife for you?

Me: Never mind. I'll just make spaghetti. It'll be easier.

Him: But I don't want spaghetti. It's not special enough. I want chicken parm.

Me: It's a lot of work to do by myself for a crowd. Spaghetti will be easier, unless you are going to help me.

Him: I'll was the dishes after.

Me: Fine. Whatever.

And that is one of many reasons he is my EX. LOL. He reminds me a lot of Ken. :ew:

In all honesty, my late husband didn't care what I cooked, he liked everything I cooked and he never interferedwith my menu. He always helped me though, just for cosiness, being around each other, with a nice drink and some Mozart.

That's nice. It sounds like my husband and I expect he tends to take over because he really loves to cook. I'm sure Ken and Lori would definitely NOT approve since a man cooking or even helping with a woman's work is so ungodly and all. ;)

Now that I think about it, here's how it would have gone down in my home growing up:

Mom: Let's throw a graduation party in the backyard, maybe around 40 people altogether.

Dad: Ok, I'll make my party sandwiches and brunch platters. Do you want to make your salad?

My dad and my FIL are the ones with the flair for cooking.

Two comments just got deleted and I can't figure out which. Chuck got his nanny/grandparent comment deleted but after that it still said 18. Now it says 16.

Maybe "what works" is what God wants. Maybe God gets tired of humans, who he gave working brains to, asking HIM to do everything for them and he's happy for the people that figure shit out for themselves because it gives him more time to make sure there are parking spaces open when needed and that cell phone cases magically appear when asked for.

His argument that happy couples should forget about what works for them and follow advice of Random Dude on the Internet is bizarre.

"It worked for us" is an argument that they themselves use regularly. When Ken's using it, he's also fond of referring to Godly fruits.

Finally - agree, totally First World Problems. Maybe God cares more about what's happening with ISIS than Ken's chicken parm.

Not that I don't think that being a SAHM is a lot of work, because I know it is, but isn't the whole purpose of being a SAHM so YOU can raise your kids? Why would you want to hire a nanny (and why would you really need to) if you are a SAHM.

I find this whole concept of SAHMs with nannies very confusing.

I can understand it. Some people just need help to be able to do things and keep their sanity. So a nanny could help out with multiple kids so mom (or SAHD) can spend time with a specific kid. Or tend tend to other household things like the crazy amounts of laundry kids seem to produce. Or take care of herself: a nap, going to the gym, etc. It's not like she gets a break from the kids otherwise. Some parents can do it alone, some can't.

My view comes from a book about strategies to deal with depression. Among them are accepting that you may need help with things that seem trivial to others, and that's OK. Also, that spending money to outsource things you don't have the energy to do is totally OK.

So if a parent wants to stay home and have that involvement in their children's lives, but needs help to do it and has the means, there's no shame in that.

Ah, I get it. It's not about whether it's a nanny or a grandparent that matters to Lori, it's about whether the woman works (bad) or doesn't work (good). Nannies are expensive and most stay-at-home moms would not hire a nanny unless they really needed the help (ie examples from above, Mom ill or overwhelmed). But grandparents are usually around as part of the family, so if she approved of grandparents watching the kids, it would undermine her argument that women shouldn't work. (Plus of course one can "vet" a nanny and make sure they are "godly" but not grandparents, there you have to just take what you get!)

It seems inconsistent until you realize she's just making it fit her agenda that women shouldn't work. Then it all falls into place.

But the nanny is working. And is presumably a woman.

This. Yet another example of Lori's consistent inconsistency.

Lori must know that she is a hypocrite because if not she would be willing to address the issue that she had a nanny who held her child for hours each day and explain why this is okay but it isn't okay for a grandparent to do this while the mom is working.

Here's my theory on the nanny:

If a nanny is okay, Lori can still use the excuse that she needs to be home tending to her home and children, but never lift a finger (other than to spank of course) in the process. She's home relaxing, nanny is home taking care of the kids and cleaning the house...and the neighbors house if Godly Mentor Lori see fit (and needs something to gossip about).

If Grandma is okay, that means Lori has to work, and working makes Lori feel like punching a hole in her diaphragm.

Is Ken commenting a lot more on Lori's blog than he used to? It seems like after he came here, his comments on Lori's blog increased dramatically. What's he afraid of, that Lori will end up looking like a jackass if he doesn't put his 2 cents in?

Too late, Ken.

Is Ken commenting a lot more on Lori's blog than he used to? It seems like after he came here, his comments on Lori's blog increased dramatically. What's he afraid of, that Lori will end up looking like a jackass if he doesn't put his 2 cents in?

Too late, Ken.

He is.

But I've also noticed that Lori has stopped responding to comments except on the day the post is live. Otherwise she ignores completely.

He is.

But I've also noticed that Lori has stopped responding to comments except on the day the post is live. Otherwise she ignores completely.

Maybe Ken doesn't let her comment after that anymore, since they finally learned that comments do "count" and people will actually take quotes from them as well as the blog post itself.

The fact that they thought that comments were somehow immune to discussion is both amusing and pathetic. If you are going to have a blog, at least learn how the internet works before you start doing it. It is super simple to find plenty of information out there on this stuff.

Then again, she can't even take the simple advice not to center all her text which has been on every "Worst Website" list since 1997, I think, so not realizing people will read your comments and discuss them should not have surprised any of us.

This comment will never see the light of day...

So...what about the typically female fields like teaching and nursing? If women stayed home and away from those professions, I believe there'd be a serious shortage of nurses and teachers in the world. The other mainly female fields of housekeepers, nannies and others would suffer if women stayed home. Also, the numbers of women in other fields like computer science and engineering are growing every day. If all women decided to stay home, well..it would be a disaster.

Staying home may be fine for some, but for others, God gave them certain talents and a certain intellect and it would be like spitting in God's face to waste them.

(yup...it was from me)

She published my comment and replied...so I replied to her...

Here's her reply and mine:

Lori Alexander · 9 minutes ago

I have responded to this question many times whenever I write about keepers at home. You can check out old posts of mine to get my response. I am commanded by God to teach young women to be keepers at home, so this is what I do. I don't feel I should have to give all of the "exceptions" to God's commands every time I teach them. More women need to be taught to be keepers at home than to be teachers, nurses, etc. They are taught that almost every where else. They won't be taught that here. To me there is NOTHING more important than a strong family base who are raising godly offspring for God's eternal kingdom.

Guest BSME · less than 1 minute ago

then I feel sorry for you and all the women you "mentor"...there's so much more to life and yes, you can raise Godly children, have a wonderful marriage and still have a career...how do I know? I've done it for the last 30 years. I haven't missed a single thing. I have wonderful children and grandchildren, a husband who is crazy about me and a wonderful home. I'm not cut out to stay at home, there's way too much I want to do with my life than stay at home looking at the same 4 walls.

Archived