IGNORED

Lori Alexander is going to haaaaate this

We all knew it was coming to this. Ken has been forced to admit that sometimes he and Lori know better than the Bible (lest someone quote them scripture that contradicts what they are saying).

These two should have divorced years ago.

I'm glad they didn't. Sure, they're making one another's lives a living hell, but at least they aren't dragging new partners into their hatefulness.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, so I didn't read the whole thing. Usually I make it a point to read a post before commenting on it, buuuuuut... it's Ken.

Here's what jumped out at me:

Wow! People have even learned to be generous! Like it's some amazing concept and not something you were supposed to learn by third grade. Lorken just keeps digging...

Lorken: Making marriage elevnty times harder than it needs to be since 1981.

I really want to put together a collection of direct quotes from CTBHHM that are particularly heinous and post it to the Debi Pearl butt-licking post. Someone may have to do it for me since I am forever and always banned.

I really want to put together a collection of direct quotes from CTBHHM that are particularly heinous and post it to the Debi Pearl butt-licking post. Someone may have to do it for me since I am forever and always banned.

Like the time Debi almost died from lack of sleep/being raped on their honeymoon?

I will always wonder this:

HOW CAN ANYONE KEEP READING THE BOOK AFTER THAT?!

Like the time Debi almost died from lack of sleep/being raped on their honeymoon?

I will always wonder this:

HOW CAN ANYONE KEEP READING THE BOOK AFTER THAT?!

Or where Bad Bob leaves the faith permanently because of one woman's skirt? Or Debi calling a woman "hillbilly ugly"? Or Debi telling the physically abused woman to never say anything negative about her husband? Or...everything else heinous in that horrid book.

All people have needs. Ken is college educated and he didn't learn about a guy named Maslow?

He went to seminary -- i suspect the only hierarchy he learned was "God, Men, Women Children" or God, Men, Basketball, work, kids wife"

And needs? aren't needs inherently sinful at the Alexander house?

Or where Bad Bob leaves the faith permanently because of one woman's skirt? Or Debi calling a woman "hillbilly ugly"? Or Debi telling the physically abused woman to never say anything negative about her husband? Or...everything else heinous in that horrid book.

I'm sorry, but Debbi thinks someone else is "hillbilly ugly"?????

Well if anyone would know, I guess it'd be Debbi :evil-eye: :evil-eye: :evil-eye:

He went to seminary -- i suspect the only hierarchy he learned was "God, Men, Women Children" or God, Men, Basketball, work, kids wife"

And needs? aren't needs inherently sinful at the Alexander house?

The Bible according to Ken:

Ephesians 5:25-27

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. Unless she gets in the way of your basketball. Because that shit's sacred, yo.

Lori and Ken would almost be comical if they did not prey upon desperate women in dangerous situations.

I'm sorry, but Debbi thinks someone else is "hillbilly ugly"?????

Well if anyone would know, I guess it'd be Debbi :evil-eye: :evil-eye: :evil-eye:

A few years back there was an overweight hillbilly woman who worked in the local store of our hometown. Every time we went into the hardware store, several men would be standing around the counter talking to her, and they were always laughing. We usually had to wade through the cheerful crowd and interrupt the gaiety to get served. … The strange thing was that this woman was ugly, I mean, hillbilly ugly, which is worse than regular ugly.

Lori and Ken would almost be comical if they did not prey upon desperate women in dangerous situations.

You are right, they are dangerous. Yet, when they team up (like today - Ken wrote the post) I can't help but think of Hot Lips and Frank Burns on MASH. As Ken and Lori take turns commenting on someone's blog, or even refer to each other, I picture those two characters standing before the colonel's desk sputtering and whining while one speaks for the other.

Ken expands his thoughts in a response to Cynthia's comment:

Again, consensus is a good thing in decision making and Lori and I work towards unity and consensus, but if she wants me to be her leader, and she wants the blessings that come from a marriage designed God’s ways, she has to joyfully move my direction when consensus cannot be achieved.

No, Ken. NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

A tiny party of me wishes Sheila weren't the classy person she is and would come and school Ken on this post.

Ha, they shouldn't comment on anyone's appearance-Michael looks like some kind of hermit, and Debi isn't exactly a supermodel herself. Wild mountain man beard, serial killer eyes, awful clothing....but at least they aren't fat, right Debi?

If she thinks hillbilly ugly is worse than regular ugly, why is she sleeping with the definition of hillbilly ugly?

A tiny party of me wishes Sheila weren't the classy person she is and would come and school Ken on this post.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

He's just that fucking stupid, isn't he? He just PERFECTLY illustrated the point - lip service is USELESS without that deep-down respect that allows you to get past power struggles. But no - he'll "be generous" and act nice sometimes, but really, he needs to be in control and win.

The Alexanders wrote this post in response to a slapdown they got from Sheila. They were yakking about something with Sheila and then Lori or Ken referred conflict resolution skills as "fleshy."

Fleshly is a really bad thing.

Sheila said something like, "Oh, I see. You think conflict resolution skills are fleshy. That explains a lot." A very classy response.

Lori felt insulted (correctly) so during her lovey-dovey walk with Ken, she asked him to figure out a way to make her "right" and Sheila "wrong".

It's a tough one, finding a way to make conflict resolution skills "bad", but Ken did his best here. In sum, I think he tried to make the case that conflict resolution skills are manipulative (just cause they are), and it is much more godly to just submit.

Speaking of Sheila, I had a teary moment earlier while reading her posts about her late son. I suddenly realized that he had been born around the time I got married, and that I had been living across the street from the hospital when he died. So sad.

And yes, I LOVED that response from Sheila. Short, classy and perfect.

The Alexanders wrote this post in response to a slapdown they got from Sheila. They were yakking about something with Sheila and then Lori or Ken referred conflict resolution skills as "fleshy."

Fleshly is a really bad thing.

Sheila said something like, "Oh, I see. You think conflict resolution skills are fleshy. That explains a lot." A very classy response.

Lori felt insulted (correctly) so during her lovey-dovey walk with Ken, she asked him to figure out a way to make her "right" and Sheila "wrong".

It's a tough one, finding a way to make conflict resolution skills "bad", but Ken did his best here. In sum, I think he tried to make the case that conflict resolution skills are manipulative (just cause they are), and it is much more godly to just submit.

I was involved in that conversation on Sheila's blog. Sheila was so classy about it. Ken talks about how he's so tired of being asked about "the exceptions" but HE IS MAKING UP AN EXCEPTION here. Using conflict resolution to be manipulative is the exception not the rule.

It always puzzles me when Ken says that stuff about "exceptions" and how he can't, I mean, doesn't want to deal with them.

Don't the "exception" people deserve help and godly advice from the Alexanders, also? The way he brushes them aside is so ungodly.

He is so terrified that some woman will use these exceptions to escape from her lifelong sentence of submission ("Oh, I'll just get an *abusive* husband and then I won't have to submit. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks, Ken!)

It always puzzles me when Ken says that stuff about "exceptions" and how he can't, I mean, doesn't want to deal with them.

Don't the "exception" people deserve help and godly advice from the Alexanders, also? The way he brushes them aside is so ungodly.

He is so terrified that some woman will use these exceptions to escape from her lifelong sentence of submission ("Oh, I'll just get an *abusive* husband and then I won't have to submit. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks, Ken!)

Because red herrings "hate Lori's message" and "hate the Bible" and are "detractors"

Because red herrings "hate Lori's message" and "hate the Bible" and are "detractors"

Well, I do hate Lori's message.

I think the Bible is okay.

But what do I know? I'm simply here to distract you from truth!

Someone asks Ken if he's ever heard of Paul Tripp (who I've heard speak and would totes smack Lorken over the head for being dumbdumbdumb) and Ken proceeds to name drop lol:

Now you are taking me back to my past in South Florida with Paul Tripp connections some 30+ years ago. I recently read Ed Welch and loved all I read. Paul and I are connected in a number of different ways, but I doubt he would say he knows me, but both ran in the same circles back in the old West Indies Mission days/Worldteam now. I will have to ask my Dad, but if it is the same Paul Tripp he was much loved by all, and his teaching outstanding. I will spend more time looking at their site. My views do come from those days of many discussions on these issues maybe related to Paul's work. We are also connected through my uncle who is a Dean at Columbia Bible School. Interesting, as I have not yet put him together with Welch, but it makes sense now.

Ken says:

Lori and I work towards unity and consensus, but if she wants me to be her leader, and she wants the blessings that come from a marriage designed God’s ways, she has to joyfully move my direction when consensus cannot be achieved. No putting (note: Does he mean pouting?) or doubting, but instead like this morning, like this morning when she said, OK, let’s do it your way. Then truly believe it is going to work out the same or better, but she allowing me to lead in the 1-2 things a week I think are a better way.

How often are couples in situations where submission is actually an issue? Maybe my marriage is just one of those pesky exceptions/red herrings, but I think the last time "submission" would have been an issue -- in that we had a big decision to make -- was several weeks ago when we had to decide how to handle a major house repair. Before that, I think actually buying the house was the last big issue to decide -- and that was several years ago. There was no arguing: We were just trying to figure out what was the best way to go.

But Lorken is having issues multiple times a week that require her to submit to his commands? Ken, you're micromanaging. Either that, or she's in full rebellion. You should do something about that instead of pontificating endlessly on your blog. :)

Every blog post these two numbnuts write reveals even more of their dysfunctional relationship. I don't understand why they're not more embarrassed to put this stuff out there.

Ken says:

How often are couples in situations where submission is actually an issue? Maybe my marriage is just one of those pesky exceptions/red herrings, but I think the last time "submission" would have been an issue -- in that we had a big decision to make -- was several weeks ago when we had to decide how to handle a major house repair. Before that, I think actually buying the house was the last big issue to decide -- and that was several years ago. There was no arguing: We were just trying to figure out what was the best way to go.

But Lorken is having issues multiple times a week that require her to submit to his commands? Ken, you're micromanaging. Either that, or she's in full rebellion. You should do something about that instead of pontificating endlessly on your blog. :)

Every blog post these two numbnuts write reveals even more of their dysfunctional relationship. I don't understand why they're not more embarrassed to put this stuff out there.

Right? Who are these couples that are constantly making life altering decisions? Or men that care whether their wives wear a blue shirt or a pink shirt that day?

Ken says:

These two have managed to delude themselves into thinking that having unresolvable conflicts twice a week is normal. Most people would see that as a marriage in trouble and that the couple should seek counseling to work on communication skills. I would be genuinely interested in hearing some examples of these conflicts, but I am 100% sure that if I asked Lori would delete it with claims that I was trying to "detract" from the ministry of her blog. I am actually really interested in what they are fighting over twice a week that they can't come to an consensus over.

Archived