IGNORED

Now back to your regularly scheduled Alexanders...

Today's post is her usual refutation (in the words of a couple of her readers, of course, not her own) of the idea that women can work AND take care of their families at the same time. SSDD. :roll: It was her comment at the end that made me laugh out loud, startling my poor cat:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

So does this "learning" take place before or after she deletes their comments? :lol:

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Lori is trying to throw shade at her new daughter in law with this working women post. I also call bullshit on this part

I love learning from the women who read my blog. They give me many things to ponder and learn. Thank you, all of you who participate and give great responses like the one above! Many women are coming home to their families and loving it.

We all know she never learns from women that are different. She probably hates the fact that working women are reading her blog. A couple of years back, she did a posting where she trashed stay at home dads and said that they weren't following the Bible. Who can forget her posting where she trashed nurses with young children?

The response from the second reader was well thought out in some aspects. If some women are happy being SAHMs and others are happy being working mom that is ok.

Being a stay-at-home wife {and later, mother}, was good enough for our mothers and grandmothers. Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel, as though we somehow think we're better or more liberated than they are?

Some women of those women might not have been happy being SAHMs. Some working women might feel more liberated than their mothers and grandmothers for different reasons and yes money may play into that. A former co-worker of mine was a stay at home mom when her kids were very young. She went back to the workforce because she wanted to build up benefits for herself later on and she wanted her school age children to have a little more security. My former co-worker's mother and grandmother lived on very fixed income in their later years and she said she hated seeing elderly women having to always worry about money.

One more thing: a quality of the proverbs 31 woman is she makes her arms strong. *sticks tongue out at alexanders*

Well, Lori's entire approach to Proverbs 31 is to ignore what is actually said - since it clearly describes a working wife who "is like merchant ships bringing food from afar", buys a field and plants a vineyard, runs a business making and selling cloth, earns money to support her household and has domestic help - and somehow twist this into being about a housewife who would only from home and would never work like a man.

Even the final part about valuing a woman who is hardworking and God-fearing about beauty is lost on Lori. Remember all the times that she's told women they need to put on makeup and go on a diet?

I agree with others who have said these recent posts are aimed at her new daughter-in-law. I certainly hope her son is standing up for his new wife and doing all he can to protect her from Lori. It probably won't do much good if he talks to her, but I hope he makes an effort. It would be really hard as a new wife to know that, nearly daily, your mother in law is publicly bashing the choices you make.

I know it's really stupid to expect anything reasonable from Klorien, but I don't understand why they don't make their blog something that encourages those who already think like them, instead of bashing those who don't. I read other Christian blogs that are MUCH more successful than this "Always Learning" thing, and they reach people by being positive, not attacking.

The Alexanders need to remember it's not necessary to beat others down in order to build Christianity up.

I agree with others who have said these recent posts are aimed at her new daughter-in-law. I certainly hope her son is standing up for his new wife and doing all he can to protect her from Lori. It probably won't do much good if he talks to her, but I hope he makes an effort. It would be really hard as a new wife to know that, nearly daily, your mother in law is publicly bashing the choices you make.

I know it's really stupid to expect anything reasonable from Klorien, but I don't understand why they don't make their blog something that encourages those who already think like them, instead of bashing those who don't. I read other Christian blogs that are MUCH more successful than this "Always Learning" thing, and they reach people by being positive, not attacking.

The Alexanders need to remember it's not necessary to beat others down in order to build Christianity up.

This was something that was brought up with Ken multiple times when he was here. There are plenty of blogs that teach wifely submission, but they don't do it in a hateful, mean way so they are usually not snarked on. Ken acknowledged this and said that it was something he would bring up with her about changing. Clearly this was on of the suggestions always submissive Lori ignored. I honestly don't think Lori is capable of being nice. I bet she couldn't blog for one week without being judgmental and attacking people who don't live like she tells them to live.

This was something that was brought up with Ken multiple times when he was here. There are plenty of blogs that teach wifely submission, but they don't do it in a hateful, mean way so they are usually not snarked on. Ken acknowledged this and said that it was something he would bring up with her about changing. Clearly this was on of the suggestions always submissive Lori ignored. I honestly don't think Lori is capable of being nice. I bet she couldn't blog for one week without being judgmental and attacking people who don't live like she tells them to live.

I think the reason they can't shift gears is that at her very root, Lori is a bitter and hatefilled person who married someone she didn't and doesnt' much like. Ken may or may not have been ignorant of this at first, but he soon learned to call disdain "love" and to call an ongoing battle "marriage". Rather than acknowledge they made a stupid mistake and stuck with it, they would rather believe everyone is like them and everyone's marriage is a long battle, thus what "worked" for them is the thing everyone else must do. To think otherwise would be to recognize it isn't marriage, or men and women in general who face these issues, it is them-- their actions, their choices and their personalities that make them miserable. And since they think others see them as "perfect" :lol: it can't possibly be THAT!

Where is the new couple going to live? Hopefully thousands of miles from Lori and Ken.

I thought Lori looked unwell in the wedding video. She doesn't seem healthy and looked on the fragile side.

"Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at 50."

I was recently at a friends house and saw how she struggled with one of her daughters having a sarcastic tone when she talked to others. She kept reminding her to use a nicer tone..."please say that differently, like this"...and her daughter was responding with "Whaaaat?!? I am being nice," or "Sorreeeeee!" You know that ugly tone some kids use. Anyway, the difference is, this girl was SEVEN and there's still time for her to learn to do things differently.

Lori reminds me of this little girl. No matter how many examples you give, no matter how much you point out how hateful her tone is, she will always innocently claim "But I am being nice."

I think when Lori and Ken stand before God they will proudly boast "We knew your word and we taught it proudly." And God will say "Yes, but did you have to be so mean about it?"

Ken and Lori don't just fail to follow advice to run a nicer blog - they actively bash those who do.

Sheila Gregoire at Love, Honor and Vacuum is a Christian who believes in the literal truth of the bible. She teaches submission, homeschools, believes in courtship for her daughters, encourages wives to have sex with their husbands - and we don't snark on her. That's because her message is generally presented in a "nice", positive way, and when it comes to the sex issue she generally thinks that it should be good for wives too and that men should be considerate. So, how does Ken treat Sheila - a good Christian woman who is teaching many of the same basic lessons as Lori, but being more positive and successful at doing it? He's condescending, he and Lori can't stand that she criticizes the Pearls, and he and Cabinetman complain about her making their blood boil by actually preaching "mutual submission".

Fundies keep saying that a man has to love his wife as Christ loved the Church but they forget that Christ never forced the church to do anything. He served the church. He humbled Himself for it. He washed feet of the lowliest and respected the church.

My Facebook thread is now full articles about Jill Duggar's pregnancy and I was wondering if she continues to use her maiden name. If so, Lori should be very unhappy about that. Weren't we just scolded by her about this whole thing? All the articles refer to her as Jill Duggar.

The family should correct that so people don't think Jill is -gasp! - single and pregnant!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ChristyH · 6 hours ago

I am not meaning to be belittling of "Superwomen" but in getting all of that done how much time was spent actually talking and BEING with your spouse or kids? I used to work and when I came home there was nothing left in me. I did NOT want to talk with my family or do things for them. I was so overloaded from the stress of work I just shut everyone and everything out.

^^I especially like that comment from one of Lori's readers.

So, Lori? How much time DID you spend actually talking and BEING with your spouse or kids? How much did you actually want to talk with your family or do things with your family? You know. While you were home and they were in their room for two hours. Or did the nanny do all that while she comforted your crying baby?

P.S. Sorry for that double post up there. :?

Today's post is her usual refutation (in the words of a couple of her readers, of course, not her own) of the idea that women can work AND take care of their families at the same time. SSDD. :roll: It was her comment at the end that made me laugh out loud, startling my poor cat:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Will we ever see any evidence of this learning? So far she's like a broken record and hasn't shown that she's learned ANYTHING new.

She can't even take simple advice and stop centering the print on her blog, which I have kindly suggested she do a number of times and have even provided links to show why it's a no-no. If she can't learn something *that* simple, I have my doubts about her learning anything else.

I love and admire Michelle Duggar who is raising many children to love Jesus and loves her husband. I love a woman in Illinois who lives in a trailer with nine children, home schools all of them, and adores her husband.

In today's post, Lori tells us how she admires a hypocritical woman who preaches against the sins of television, while pimping her kids out to make money ON TELEVISION; a woman who shoves her babies off on their older siblings because she can't be bothered to raise and nurture them herself; a woman who can barely show excitement for her own grandchildren because she can only think of making more babies herself. Yeah, that Michelle Duggar...she's lovely.

For someone who never watches television, Lori sure catches a lot of news about celebrities. She's always vaguely referring to some interview with a celebrity. Don't tell me (Ken) that she doesn't watch television. There's not a thing wrong with watching TV through the day; I just wish she'd stop being (here's that word again)...HYPOCRITICAL about it.

In today's post, Lori tells us how she admires a hypocritical woman who preaches against the sins of television, while pimping her kids out to make money ON TELEVISION; a woman who shoves her babies off on their older siblings because she can't be bothered to raise and nurture them herself; a woman who can barely show excitement for her own grandchildren because she can only think of making more babies herself. Yeah, that Michelle Duggar...she's lovely.

For someone who never watches television, Lori sure catches a lot of news about celebrities. She's always vaguely referring to some interview with a celebrity. Don't tell me (Ken) that she doesn't watch television. There's not a thing wrong with watching TV through the day; I just wish she'd stop being (here's that word again)...HYPOCRITICAL about it.

Wait, are you talking about Michelle Duggar in the bolded or Lori Alexander? ;)

Wait, are you talking about Michelle Duggar in the bolded or Lori Alexander? ;)

WHEN WILL YOU STOP WITH THE MISCHARACTERIZATIONS?!? Lori states very clearly in her blog that she passed her babies off to the NANNY. To pass them off to their older siblings would mean she'd actually have to interact WITH the older siblings for a moment. As for the grandchildren - Lori also states very clearly in her blog that she is quite interested in her grandkids and enjoys watching them be treated in an abusive manner by their parents. She is specifically interested in "food training" them and is proud when they are made to cry on a blanket because they begged for their parents' meals. I simply don't have time to answer every question, but when you MISCHARACTERIZE like this, well I have to take time out of my busy day and set the record straight.

~Sincerely~

Ken

WHEN WILL YOU STOP WITH THE MISCHARACTERIZATIONS?!? Lori states very clearly in her blog that she passed her babies off to the NANNY. To pass them off to their older siblings would mean she'd actually have to interact WITH the older siblings for a moment. As for the grandchildren - Lori also states very clearly in her blog that she is quite interested in her grandkids and enjoys watching them be treated in an abusive manner by their parents. She is specifically interested in "food training" them and is proud when they are made to cry on a blanket because they begged for their parents' meals. I simply don't have time to answer every question, but when you MISCHARACTERIZE like this, well I have to take time out of my busy day and set the record straight.

~Sincerely~

Ken

Dammit, I saw the "Sincerely, Ken" part before I read your post or saw who posted it, and for one glorious moment, I thought Ken had come back to us.

I need some excitement in my life!

~Sincerely~

Ken

Dang, Ken, your spelling and grammar have improved quite a bit!

Dammit, I saw the "Sincerely, Ken" part before I read your post or saw who posted it, and for one glorious moment, I thought Ken had come back to us.

You know it can't be Ken because the writer uses correct grammar and punctuation and can, apparently, spell. That, and the lack of "statistics", anyway. 98.4% of Ken's posts utilize (completely made up) statistics.

That reminds me; I think Ken recently mentioned that he's only a few courses away from earning his PhD. Interesting, considering his writing skills.

Sorry. Ken doesn't need to sign his posts. We just know it's him by the strong, manly, command nature of his writing. I think when he posts, my computer actually emits testosterone. He's just that powerful.

That reminds me; I think Ken recently mentioned that he's only a few courses away from earning his PhD. Interesting, considering his writing skills.

Ken received a B.A. from Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He received an M.Div. and four years of graduate training in psychology, communications, human relations and public speaking from Biola University, in La Mirada, California.

millenium-management.com/about-us.html

I wonder about being a few courses away from earning his PhD. If that were the case, wouldn't his bio on his web site say so--ie "Ken is completing a PhD in whatever from where ever?"

And what PhD has that weird mix of classes, unless he was going to be a Doctor of Divinity.

Perhaps he is ABD-- and his writing skills are part of the problem.

Ken · 2 days ago

I would at least have Mr. and Dr. to give his name or title honor. To take the first spot while saying you want him to lead you is not the best sign of such submission. I am just a few courses away from a doctorate, but would not want to be called Dr. as it would separate me further from the people I want to help and minister to. That may just be me. Some of my doctor friends insist on patents calling them by their first names to avoid any pretense of ego or difference in standing. They do not need a title to be great at what they do.

Nice of him to consider the little people.

Archived