IGNORED

Now back to your regularly scheduled Alexanders...

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta keep tabs on the loose cannon :lol:

I find it extremely interesting that they're all aware of their mother/MIL's crazy. And just from browsing their FBs, *none* of them are crazy like Lori. They seem like sweet, conservative, but normal young women.

that goofy bitch can't get it through her head that living at poverty level just to be a "keeper at home" is NOT the American dream! Yeah, we could attempt to live on my husband's shitty disability check and score food stamps...OR I can work and keep us VERY comfortable with what I make...

Thank you, I'll take my healthy salary over poverty any day.

Lori Alexander is a monster

Ken Alexander is a monster.

Not to mention poverty is very detrimental to health and well being. When i worked it was basically for the employer-provided health insurance for the whole family, because my husband was self-employed at the time. I only made about $350/week after taxes and deductions, but the health insurance was invaluable.

I find it extremely interesting that they're all aware of their mother/MIL's crazy. And just from browsing their FBs, *none* of them are crazy like Lori. They seem like sweet, conservative, but normal young women.

i was actually a fan of Lori's before i started reading FJ. Sometimes it takes hearing things from other people's perspectives to see the awfulness. Her blog is a lot of the same things you hear in conservative preaching and it's easy to just sort of scan it and agree with the basics when this is the gist of what you kind of believe already. Coming here though, other FJ'ers explain so well exactly what's damaging about those beliefs.

i was actually a fan of Lori's before i started reading FJ. Sometimes it takes hearing things from other people's perspectives to see the awfulness. Her blog is a lot of the same things you hear in conservative preaching and it's easy to just sort of scan it and agree with the basics when this is the gist of what you kind of believe already. Coming here though, other FJ'ers explain so well exactly what's damaging about those beliefs.

What in particular attracted you to her? Like, why her over other conservative preaching type blogs?

Lori, I don't have to work. I want to work. I love what I do. I don't care if you chose not to work and Ken was able to provide for you, but you need to stop telling that what I'm doing is wrong. Because it isn't. And mis-interpreting an ancient text will not help me to change my mind about that.

What in particular attracted you to her? Like, why her over other conservative preaching type blogs?

It was the centered text and perfectly chosen stock photography, wasn't it?

Just teasing. :)

I am thankful I was the one who raised my children.

STOP LYING LORI.

I vote exactly the same way that Ken does so I don't cancel out his vote.

Seriously? :pull-hair:

I tried the career path.

Ummm... what career path did she try?

Serious question, actually. DID she work in the early days of her marriage? Do we know what she did?

Ummm... what career path did she try?

Serious question, actually. DID she work in the early days of her marriage? Do we know what she did?

She was a teacher until the second kid. She poked a hole in her diaphragm so she would get knocked up again and Ken would let her quit.

She was a teacher until the second kid. She poked a hole in her diaphragm so she would get knocked up again and Ken would let her quit.

I knew the diaphragm part but didn't know what she had been doing before.

I like that she hated teaching children so much she had to trick her husband into having more kids so she could get away from the kids she was teaching.

That's Lori-logic for you.

I knew the diaphragm part but didn't know what she had been doing before.

I like that she hated teaching children so much she had to trick her husband into having more kids so she could get away from the kids she was teaching.

That's Lori-logic for you.

I don't know if she hated kids. I think she's just lazy and didn't want to work. And ken is such an ass that never pitched in to accomplish household tasks that she felt completely overwhelmed.

I don't know if she hated kids. I think she's just lazy and didn't want to work. And ken is such an ass that never pitched in to accomplish household tasks that she felt completely overwhelmed.

Quitting teaching may not be an indicator of her hatred of kids, but the rest of her life sure is!

Maybe she actually wanted to quit because the school district wouldn't let her hit her students. So she had to go produce some little ones of her own to beat up on.

Do people really believe this stuff? Do people really think that, because in a book of fiction written by men almost 2000 years ago women didn't vote and hold public office that God doesn't want them to today??

Sure, let's just erase all the scientific and medical advancements women have come up with since. And when you do that, take away all the scientific and medical advancements that men have come up with too, because chances are they wouldn't have lived long enough to discover them. Let's just all go back to living as they lived 2000 years ago, with poor hygiene and religious and ethnic slaves and the women who were stuck at home working 16 hours a day because there were no labor saving devices and see how much dumbass Lori would like that.

I simply can't fathom that people actually believe this stuff.

It was the centered text and perfectly chosen stock photography, wasn't it?

Just teasing. :)

oh yeah totally. Those soft-focus fall leaves. classey. :lol:

It was just one godly blog i came across before i got sick of preachy mommy blogs. We've only had the internet for about a year at home. Being ex-fundy i started out with the pious ones thinking that was right. Then Vision Forum fell apart and i went looking for more people who weren't happy with fundie-land and exposing all the messed up things about patriarchy keeping women down. Love, Joy, Feminism, Recovering Grace, No Longer Quivering, Spiritual Sounding Board, and others really opened my eyes, and they led over here. :D

She specifically mentioned that her fellow teachers all told her that they wished they had never had their children. That should give you some insight into the level of the teachers and their joy in being around children.

Here's the basic Lori logic of the day:

"I hate feminism. I wanted the choice to stop working, since I never really wanted to be a teacher in the first place and only did it because my father wanted me to have some work qualifications and Ken was poor when we got married. I forced the issue by sabotaging the birth control so that I could get pregnant and stay home. I live in a state where, if my husband were to leave me, I would be entitled to a split of the community property and alimony. Since I am now doing what I want to do, I want to deprive every other woman of the chance to make her own choices and tell her that God personally appointed me to tell them exactly how they should live their lives. Basically, my personal likes and dislikes = God's will for all women."

If anyone still thinks that Lori is at all persuasive, try substituting the work "scrapbooking" for "career". After all, I was forced to make scrapbooks in school and hated it. Therefore, the scrapbooking trend among women must be the work of Satan, and God clearly wants us to avoid it and do other things with our lives.

If you are looking for Biblical quotes on abortion and when life begins, Exodus 21:22 is the quote you want. Pregnant woman gets hit while stepping into a fight between men. If she has a miscarriage as a result, the man who hit her pays a fine. If there is any other harm done, it's eye for an eye, life for a life. Based on this, Jewish law has always been clear that fetuses were considered part of the mother and not a separate life with equal standing. Even if Christians don't follow OT laws, how can you rationally explain how the same God who gave this rule believes that a fertilized egg has exactly the same worth and protections as a person?

Archived