IGNORED

Now back to your regularly scheduled Alexanders...

I don't think I said that he came here for any other reason. I just think he can UNDERSTAND appearances, where Lori cannot. He clearly understood the impact that FJ quoting Lori could potentially have. I think he understands a lot more than he professes to, he's just used to people giving in to his "command man" BS and it flustered him when his big, bad threats didn't (and still don't) work here.

I get the impression a lot of these folks are used to just being able to say the word slander or defamation or some other vague threat and scare other uneducated folks into doing what they want. It doesn't work the same way in the "worldly" world, though ;)

Oh, I know. I was just expanding on what your were saying and adding my own thoughts.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He first gave women a taste of the independence and luxuries of working outside the home during WWII. Feminism came along and convinced them that homemaking was inferior and to cast off the shackles of marriage, child-bearing and housework, making their mark in the masculine realm of the workplace.

No, Lori. Women HAD to work because all the men were fighting overseas.

I think this includes not being involved in a lot of ministries that are outside of your home.

No, Lori. That's just YOU finding excuses to stay home and sit on your delete button.

"Keeper at home" literally means to guard or watch. In order to guard and watch your home, you must be home. And so, the enemy devised a plan to lure women away from their homes so he could steal, kill and destroy the men, women and children of our culture.

He first gave women a taste of the independence and luxuries of working outside the home during WWII.

Lori, please tell us the "luxuries" my grandmothers acquired while their husbands fought WWII. Are you really JUST. THAT. STUPID. that you think these women were enjoying one very long girls' night out while their husbands were at war?

Edited because of quoting feature....couldn't get it to work today.

"Keeper at home" literally means to guard or watch. In order to guard and watch your home, you must be home. And so, the enemy devised a plan to lure women away from their homes so he could steal, kill and destroy the men, women and children of our culture.

He first gave women a taste of the independence and luxuries of working outside the home during WWII.

Lori, please tell us the "luxuries" my grandmothers acquired while their husbands fought WWII. Are you really JUST. THAT. STUPID. that you think these women were enjoying one very long girls' night out while their husbands were at war?

Edited because of quoting feature....couldn't get it to work today.

Yes, I want to hear more about all the abundant luxuries my grandmother enjoyed using her ration book. :roll:

Lori: go back to school and take some very basic history classes. You are woefully--and I suspect WILLfully--ignorant in this area. :doh:

Yes, I want to hear more about all the abundant luxuries my grandmother enjoyed using her ration book. :roll:

Lori: go back to school and take some very basic history classes. You are woefully--and I suspect WILLfully--ignorant in this area. :doh:

And while you're at it, Lori; go back to your Bible and do some reading on compassion.

Wasn't Confused Jezebel "Mrs W" when commenting on blogs or do I have her confused with someone else?

I think you're right. Wasn't CJ behind The Great Peanut Butter Debacle as well? She was a real nut :shock: (just realized...no pun intended :lol: ) I hadn't thought about her in a long time. She used to have a blog. Wonder if it's still up.

My mom remembers staying with neighbors while her mother went to her "appointments." My grandmother went to the homes of other ladies and did their hair - shampoos, sets, perms - for a dollar or two per appointment. That was on the days she wasn't taking in laundry for her neighbors. When the laundry was done, HER mother (my great grandmother) would iron it. Then, they'd walk through town and deliver the freshly washed and ironed clothes.

Clearly, these high powered careers afforded their families amazing luxuries while the men were off fighting that inconvenient little war. I do remember my mom saying that bologna from the grocery store was a huge treat for her and her sister. So, yeah...they were living the dream. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

My grandmother worked in the mill to afford such luxuries as food.

Lori has always lived a privileged life and her posts reflect that.

No, Lori. Women HAD to work because all the men were fighting overseas.

No, Lori. That's just YOU finding excuses to stay home and sit on your delete button.

I wonder how much of this whole "Women should not leave their homes, even for church stuff" that seems to be popular with Lori and Lydia are because their husbands seek out churches that preach this, to keep them at home and not out embarrassing their husbands in public. Imagine Lori or Lydia blathering on at several womens church groups per week, and those wives going home and telling their husbands "Jeez, you know Ken Alexander? His wife is a nutjob!" Or maybe get her off in a women's civic or volunteer group going on and on in her hateful and self righteous way-- as bad as she is to read, can you imagine networking with her at lunch before some speaker?

I suspect someday the blog will have to go, if for no other reason than his consulting group will have to expand to support 3 families in 3 households, or he'll lose his grip on his kids.

Of course, their church is likely filled with nutters like themselves. But honestly, even nutters eventually wonder about someone whose ministry is apparently being a bitch.

I wonder how much of this whole "Women should not leave their homes, even for church stuff" that seems to be popular with Lori and Lydia are because their husbands seek out churches that preach this, to keep them at home and not out embarrassing their husbands in public. Imagine Lori or Lydia blathering on at several womens church groups per week, and those wives going home and telling their husbands "Jeez, you know Ken Alexander? His wife is a nutjob!" Or maybe get her off in a women's civic or volunteer group going on and on in her hateful and self righteous way-- as bad as she is to read, can you imagine networking with her at lunch before some speaker?

I suspect someday the blog will have to go, if for no other reason than his consulting group will have to expand to support 3 families in 3 households, or he'll lose his grip on his kids.

Of course, their church is likely filled with nutters like themselves. But honestly, even nutters eventually wonder about someone whose ministry is apparently being a bitch.

She mentioned her church by name once and I googled it. It is very run of the mill non-denom evangelical. I think Lori's church would be mortified by her blog.

Tut, tut, tut. Don't you know that if your grandmother were a True ChristianTM she never would have faced that problem?

It's in the Bible: Matthew 6:31-33

31 Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32 For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

If she hadn't worked and instead had put her faith in Jesus, God would have probably given them more food than they could have ever needed! :roll:

My grandmother won the perfect attendance Sunday School Award(they gave out actual awards) for 20 years* in a row. I would have loved to see Lori Alexander tell her she wasn't a good Christian wife. :lol:

*Whenever my grandparents traveled for vacation or visiting family, my grandmother would find a local IFB church, attend Sunday school and church, and get the pastor to write a note for her to take to prove that she did not go one Sunday without going to Sunday School. Getting perfect attendance was a big deal.

My mom, aunt, great-aunt, and grandmother have this picture of them all holding their perfect attendance ribbons from Sunday School. But they were librul Methodists, not IFB :P

My grandmother won the perfect attendance Sunday School Award(they gave out actual awards) for 20 years* in a row. I would have loved to see Lori Alexander tell her she wasn't a good Christian wife. :lol:

*Whenever my grandparents traveled for vacation or visiting family, my grandmother would find a local IFB church, attend Sunday school and church, and get the pastor to write a note for her to take to prove that she did not go one Sunday without going to Sunday School. Getting perfect attendance was a big deal.

Ha ha! That IS impressive.

My mom, aunt, great-aunt, and grandmother have this picture of them all holding their perfect attendance ribbons from Sunday School. But they were librul Methodists, not IFB :P

We got little pins when we were little kids (also librul methodists). I suspect that is why I thought L. Ron Cupboard was a slacker when he said he only went to church 70 percent of the time. My parents would consider that to be in the same league as the people who only go on Easter and Christmas.

(says the woman who only goes on easter and xmas if I'm at my parents home)

Is she actually trying to say that Satan devised WWII just to lure Christian women away from home (and kill some of the men as an afterthought)? :shock:

I don't think my fingers would survive typing out everything that is bizarre about this -- they'd be stubs.

Hey, Lori -- it's not like WWII was the first war that ever happened. What was the purpose of all of the others, most of which happened in a pre-industrial world?

Was Satan behind WWI, also, since some women had to work outside the home then? Was he just warming up? I'd love to know your "logic" for this theory.

Oh, and add my voice to those letting you know that those working women weren't on a fling during the war. While her oldest son served in the Army, my grandmother worked and raised his siblings, including my mother.

Why wasn't she a "keeper at home" while her husband worked, you ask? Well, she'd already been working for years, since my grandfather had come home from WWI with a little souvenir -- a monstrous illness called von Economo's disease or encephalitis lethargica. Look it up -- it's quite the nightmare.

I guess making her husband an invalid who alternated between raging and sleeping was just Satan's way of tempting her with the excitement of a job. The job was working at her place of worship, BTW -- not exactly a glamorous venue full of wild fun. Believe me, she would have preferred to be keeping at home.

But then, my grandmother was Jewish, so maybe she doesn't even fit in to your theory. Where do you stand on Satan tempting non-Christian wives away from home, Lori?

Yep so true. Lori is privileged, but she doesn't realize it. Her comments regarding WW II reek of ignorance. If she was to talk to many people who lived in that era, she would realize that many families especially in certain areas were struggling quite a bit to support their families. My paternal grandmother had a factory job during World War II to help support her family. My grandmother wasn't married to my grandfather and my grandfather was off in Italy. My grandmother's brothers were away fighting too and her parents were poor and needed help financially. Lori doesn't realize that many of the women working during WWII weren't making huge paychecks and most of their money was going towards supporting themselves and families.

Other stuff that pissed me off

As incomes rose, more and more homes got two automobiles. Once again, moms had a lot of freedom and left the home often to run about here and there.

Children were carted off to after school activities, music lessons, etc. Moms are still seldom at home. Their car becomes their home away from home. As they frantically drive home from all the activities, they grab fast food and they all eat their dinners in front of the TV exhausted or playing with their electronic gadgets.

Yeah having two cars is so evil. What if a stay at home mom had an ill or a child with a minor injury that she needed to get to a healthcare center. Many years before I was born, my parents were a one car family and they had my two older brothers. My brother cut his head one day and luckily, a nearby relative was able to take my mom and brother to a clinic. I do understand why some people choose to have one or are unable to have two cars. But having two cars per household isn't a bad thing.

I can understand why many families prefer to have two cars. Not all stay at home moms or working moms are joy riding all over the place. If they are using their cars a lot, they are probably taking their kids to appointments, going to the stores to get things the family needs, or accompanying their kids to activities. I don't think there is anything wrong with carting kids off to activities. I'm sure Lori took her ballerina daughter to rehearsals and related events. I recall her also mentioning her sons playing sports.

Also in some situations, mothers aren't always frantically driving their kids places. I was involved in after school activities that were held at my schools. My mom sometimes picked up me on her way home. But oh wait, my mom was an ebil working mom in Lori's eyes. My dad also used to pick me up at times. But a lot of the activities I was in were seasonal and didn't run all year. I won't judge a mother or a father who occasionally picks up fast food or pizza for their kids after a busy day.

My working woman grandmother would be giving Lori the side-eye since she had a nanny, long breaks in the afternoon and went hysterical when she had to pack when a fire headed near her home. My grandma worked full time, helped my grandpa in the garden, canned food in the summer, washed all the clothes using a ringer washer, and was a faithful church member. Even with my grandma working my mother grew up pretty poor. This was a poor cotton mill/farm area. It was a sign of being very well off if the wife didn't work.

Wow....someone's feeling bitchy today:

It's not as if Lori's EVER said anything that didn't make my blood pressure go through the roof, but this really set me off.

Yo bitch, let me tell you a little bit about my mother. She married young, at 19, which was somewhat less of an eyebrow-raiser in 1953 than it is now. Like many young women of her generation, she quit college and happily became a wife and mother (at 21, with me, and later with my sister and brother), both of which she found very fulfilling. She kept a beautiful home, cooked all our meals and ate with us every night (my dad had a long commute and got home way later than our dinnertime), she and my father threw incredibly creative parties and were both very active in their synagogue (she was president of Sisterhood and held many other board positions after that). Then, when we were all in ebil public school and she wasn't needed to hover around us 24/7, she started volunteering with other charitable and civic organizations, which she did for many years. Finally, when my brother and sister were in junior high and high school and I was about to start college, she decided SHE wanted to go back to college too. So at 40, she picked up where she had left off, got her degree in history and decided to go the law school, graduating in 1980. She's now 81--that's EIGHTY ONE, Lori--and is still working full-time as an attorney, spending the last 30+ years as senior staff attorney at a non-profit legal agency providing services to clients who are poor, single parents, mentally and/or physically challenged, some addicts, some with a criminal past, but all of whom are in need assistance. She's prevented good people from being thrown out onto the streets, she's helped women and often their children escape from abusive and dangerous situations. She's spent her own money to help them out with clothing and food. She's done everything within her power to make sure they're treated like human beings, with dignity and respect, and she's made a difference, both on an individual level and to society in general. She mentors people every second of every day--women and men, young and old--just by who she is and by the example she sets. People look up to her, they respect her, they listen to her--even those who don't necessarily agree with her. And you know what? Through it all, her volunteering, going to college and law school, working tirelessly--she's never, NOT ONCE, failed to be there for her family and friends. She's never missed an event, a performance, a graduation. She's been there through every crisis without a second's hesitation and never failed to offer a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on. (And I might add that she's also done it all while dealing with an autoimmune disease and severe recurring ulcerative colitis that hits without warning every so often and is always life-threatening.) My dad, my brother and sister and I could not possibly be more proud of her.

You, Lori, with your smug self-righteousness and toxic "advice," sitting there comfortably in your nice home, never having actually lifted a finger to help another human being, "winning" through manipulation not deed…you don't hold a candle to my mother or to millions of other women like her. So fuck you, bitch, and that high horse you rode in on. You're nothing but a bitter, angry, jealous hag who can only feel better by dragging others down with you, dispensing dangerous pearls of wisdom that can cause serious and potentially deadly harm to those who follow you. You deserve nothing but contempt and the world would be a better place if only you'd shut the fuck up.

Ya know...I've had people talk trash about my kids and I did not like it one little bit. I've had people talk trash about my parents and I didn't like that one little bit either.

But I don't think I've ever had someone talk trash about my grandmas. DANG, Lori! Why do you have to talk trash about my grandmas? This just blows my mind that you'd go after Grandma!! :evil-eye:

So, are we hearing that Lori and Ken only have one car?

No, she did a post about her 'extra' car - lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-gold-mercedes.html. It's an older car, but it's still a luxury brand.

No, she did a post about her 'extra' car - lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-gold-mercedes.html. It's an older car, but it's still a luxury brand.

So yet another "do as I say not as I do or did" post from this hypocrit.

Archived