IGNORED

Maxwells on (what some might call) a VACATION!

WonderingInWA

I think the bible verse they most need to see (and apparently keep skipping over during their devotions) is “Whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray while standing in synagogues and on street corners so that people can see them. Truly I say to you, they have their reward. But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you†(Matthew 6:5-6).

I quoted that verse in a comment that didn't get published. I told Steve that he and Teri weren't raised like they are raising their kids and why does he think he's such a special snowflake. He didn't like that. :mrgreen:

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooh, did he email you to tell you off? What did he say?

And I agree, YPestis, if any of them were ever forced by circumstances to make their own lives in the real world without their family they'd freak out. I can't imagine Sarah or Anna even having the first clue how to function independently and deal with different types of people. Steve and Teri haven't educated or socialized them worth a damn.

I quoted that verse in a comment that didn't get published. I told Steve that he and Teri weren't raised like they are raising their kids and why does he think he's such a special snowflake. He didn't like that. :mrgreen:

I guess they'll never print a Godspell quoting comment from you again, 'eh? I loved that, by the way. I wonder if Steve knew where that quote came from? I can't imagine he'd approve of Godspell.

I guess they'll never print a Godspell quoting comment from you again, 'eh? I loved that, by the way. I wonder if Steve knew where that quote came from? I can't imagine he'd approve of Godspell.

Do when you try to post things like that that Stevie refuses to post publicly, does he ban you from ever posting again? I would think that would be his natural reaction -- to kill your registered username (or whatever gives you access to post on their blog). I'm curious.

Steve & Teri got to live their own lives and make their own choices, including marrying each other. They forget they are mom & dad to the great Maxwell clan because they chose their lives. They don't let their kids choose anything; they aren't ever alone with themselves & their thoughts much less another human being to even imagine wanting something to choose it.

Yet they pretend all the kids over 18 "choose" to stay at home with the family until marriage. They're so brainwashed; how can anything they do really be a choice? It's been pounded into them that everyone and everything outside the family is to be avoided because it's too "worldly." I can't imagine being almost 30 years old, never moving out of my parents' house, never going to college, never reading anything but the Bible, and not even doing something as simple as grocery shopping alone because I might see a defrauding magazine cover or hear evil pop music. :(

Yet they pretend all the kids over 18 "choose" to stay at home with the family until marriage. They're so brainwashed; how can anything they do really be a choice? It's been pounded into them that everyone and everything outside the family is to be avoided because it's too "worldly." I can't imagine being almost 30 years old, never moving out of my parents' house, never going to college, never reading anything but the Bible, and not even doing something as simple as grocery shopping alone because I might see a defrauding magazine cover or hear evil pop music. :(

In the Saturday set of pictures of their non-vacation, two of the kids have earbuds in, so they were obviously listening to mp3 players. I wonder if they secretly have Lady Gaga loaded, or if their players get checked regularly just as their Internet usage?

I'm sure it was actually the bible though. Because personal bible time and family bible time and hearing daddy Steve preach isn't nearly enough time with the lord on any given day.

It's like a cult just as sure as the world.

What they've done to those kids is horrifying. Hell, the married ones can't even seem to break away.

I know where they are at!!!11!1! They are at Mt. Princeton aka The chalk Cliffs. Ohhh, I know where they are at! Happy Dance. I hope they go to my favorite ghost town St. Elmo's as it is only a couple of miles up the road. Lots to be defrauded by up there. Mountain people who don't take kindly to non-mountain folks, sexy hikers in short shorts, chipmonks who will run up your pants or down your top for no good reason. Oh, they will be defrauded if they are not careful while on the river, there are tons of natural hot springs in the river where folks swim... clothing isn't always needed. Hehe.

I know where they are at!!!11!1! They are at Mt. Princeton aka The chalk Cliffs. Ohhh, I know where they are at! Happy Dance. I hope they go to my favorite ghost town St. Elmo's as it is only a couple of miles up the road. Lots to be defrauded by up there. Mountain people who don't take kindly to non-mountain folks, sexy hikers in short shorts, chipmonks who will run up your pants or down your top for no good reason. Oh, they will be defrauded if they are not careful while on the river, there are tons of natural hot springs in the river where folks swim... clothing isn't always needed. Hehe.

Mountain people!!!!!!!!!!!! A nice, rugged, lumber jacking,mountain man has to find Sarah and carry her away!! Its her only chance to escape! Do you know any mountain men for Sarah?

Mountain people!!!!!!!!!!!! A nice, rugged, lumber jacking,mountain man has to find Sarah and carry her away!! Its her only chance to escape! Do you know any mountain men for Sarah?

Not any single men, no.

The younger "reversal" kids are even more sheltered and will most likely have some issues with the leaving and cleaving. Even among fundies, these kids are incredibly sheltered. I could just imagine the younger daughters are going to go the way of their older sister, Sarah, whose still waiting for her prince at the ripe fundie age of 29.

Reversal Anna or Mary may have an easier time getting married. It would be easier to find some 18 or 20 year old young man still under the control of his fundie father, than a 28+ year old man in the same situation. I wonder if the Maxwells are going to work harder to get Anna married by the time she's 20, and then do the same for Mary. Since it doesn't appear Chris and Anna will have a gaggle of kids by the time Mary is nearing her 20s, it's possible they would let her go and be married.

First of all, I think they have failed Sarah miserably. I think they didn't think their lack of social interaction with others would result in her being unmarried at 29. I don't think they will let this happen to the rest of the girls.

I think Anna will get married early. They don't need her around for housework since they will still have Mary (even if Sarah by some miracle gets married), and she doesn't do anything that contributes to their income. But, she has the fundy royalty name and there are some Staddons that are around her age, maybe some Bateses. The only thing she had going against her is she isn't all that pretty, compared to the beautiful Sarah and the blossoming Mary.

Anna is attractive enough. She's actually much prettier in person than in photographs. The Maxwells actually do not photograph very well. Teri, Anna, Mary and John are all much more attractive in person.

I noticed that the vacay didn't stop them from posting about their new money making scheme -- One Ton Ramp is adding HTML.

Edited to add -- I don't think they much care about marrying the kids off. They are extremely real about their lack of interest in most people outside the family and even if they hang with another family, it has to be the WHOLE family. I think there is about zero opportunity for the girls to ever speak to other people their age, especially males. I think with Christopher waiting so long and Sarah being unmarried, the Maxwells have made it very clear that they are willing to wait for the "right" spouse. It's okay for the boys, but I doubt more than one of the girls will marry, unless there's a fundie widower who comes along that's willing to live down the street from the Maxwells.

He hasn't banned me as far as I know. I use a different name and email address than what I am here. I was the one who wrote about the travesty of comparing abortions to the loss of life on Memorial Day, and that merited 2 entries.

I don't know if he got the Godspell link or not. I would have quoted "Turn Back O Man" but without the music it's just not the same.

:?

I think with Christopher waiting so long and Sarah being unmarried, the Maxwells have made it very clear that they are willing to wait for the "right" spouse. It's okay for the boys, but I doubt more than one of the girls will marry, unless there's a fundie widower who comes along that's willing to live down the street from the Maxwells.

As much as they shut out the outside world, surely Ma Maxwell knew at what point the womb started to close. And, she can do the math (on Sarah). They could afford to keep Chris around until he was in his mid 50s because he could still have a family. There's a different clock ticking for the girls.

I think they know. I just don't think they much care. They are obviously "quiverfull" or however they want to put it, but the be all and end all for them is not having children. The be all and end all for them is the family unit that they already have and an avoidance of all things that take time away from work, ministry and Jesus. I think it's also a practical issue - I don't think they meet a lot of people they get close to and I don't think Steve has any interest in sending his daughter off to live in different states under a different headship. I could be wrong -- it was just my impression from them.

demgirl, when you put it like that, I fear that Sarah, Mary, and Anna will be packing chore packs well into their 50s. If the girls remain unmarried, what will they do when Steve eventually passes away? If they can't marry and can't function without a male leader, then what will they do? Rely on Nathan and Christopher?

Ooooh, did he email you to tell you off? What did he say?

And I agree, YPestis, if any of them were ever forced by circumstances to make their own lives in the real world without their family they'd freak out. I can't imagine Sarah or Anna even having the first clue how to function independently and deal with different types of people. Steve and Teri haven't educated or socialized them worth a damn.

I agree the Maxwell girls wouldn't know to how function independently but that girls in other fundie families would also have the same problem. These girls wouldn't know how to act during job interviews and they would have problems in workplaces unless they have cleaning jobs, like like cleaning hotel rooms, offices, etc.

The pictures of Teri and Bethany are sweet. She seems like a more doting grandmother then some other fundie grandmas like Michelle Duggar.

I must be losing my mind! With all the times I've complained about the Maxwells' overprotective parenting philosophies, I just found myself looking at that photo of Abby feeding the chipmunk and thinking they aren't protecting her enough! I would never let a toddler get that close to a wild animal! All it takes is one bite and the next thing you know, the poor kid is in the emergency room getting shots in her stomach. So does this make me crazier than the Maxwells?

One thing's for sure... Mary Maxwells looks SO MUCH BETTER now that she's gotten braces and she did something about the unibrow. It also helps that she's wearing a bright blue polo shirt instead of a jumper.

Christopher looks NORMAL and like he is actually smiling for real!!

I have never been a fan of that kind of western mountain scenery as its normally not green enough for me,but I might want to visit that area because I am loving their scenery pics.!

I must be losing my mind! With all the times I've complained about the Maxwells' overprotective parenting philosophies, I just found myself looking at that photo of Abby feeding the chipmunk and thinking they aren't protecting her enough! I would never let a toddler get that close to a wild animal! All it takes is one bite and the next thing you know, the poor kid is in the emergency room getting shots in her stomach. So does this make me crazier than the Maxwells?

One thing's for sure... Mary Maxwells looks SO MUCH BETTER now that she's gotten braces and she did something about the unibrow. It also helps that she's wearing a bright blue polo shirt instead of a jumper.

Well I'll join you in the lost-minds place. I just looked thru their 1999 Colorado trip photos & was appalled that they cooed about tiny Mary feeding chipmunks.

I could only think. "Those are RODENTS. "

Maxwell parents = dumb bunnies

Archived