IGNORED

Maxwells on (what some might call) a VACATION!

WonderingInWA

There is a picture of one of the girls helping Abby vacume. :(

Boy, what a ugly cabin. I don't think I've seen carpet that "green" since the 70's.....

I can't believe Terry allows such a mess even on vacation. The cabin looks "normal" for all those people in it but "trashed" by Maxwell standards. I am sure Anna and Abby had to clean it ASAP!!!

Oh, and yeah, ugly cabin. Blech. :)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted a comment on the starry night post and it got edited.

I posted 2 Bible verses that mention the Pleiades and Orion and I said even God allows astronomy and Steve edited that out.

Oooh, it's ok if it's in the Bible but don't mention the study of it.

Booooooooooooo Steve, Booooooooooooooooooo.

Did you ask how they knew he was drunk? :o

Wow, that living room is TRASHED with the water bottles on the coffee table and the toys.

Does it bother anyone else that Steve and Teri use those metal walking sticks that look like ski poles? It bothers the crap out of me, I don't know why...(I think because its THEM)

Wow, that living room is TRASHED with the water bottles on the coffee table and the toys.

Does it bother anyone else that Steve and Teri use those metal walking sticks that look like ski poles? It bothers the crap out of me, I don't know why...(I think because its THEM)

I can relate to that. I am not sure they breathe in a way that doesn't irk the crap outta' me.

As for the cabin and it's decor. A lot of vacation cabins are outdated. For most, it's not a really lucrative business and they don't get updated very often and rarely other than necessary. If what is there functions and isn't a hazard or something, it stays. I've never stayed in a vacation cabin that wasn't outdated and aged. Of course, I've never vacationed on a high budget, at least not when a rental cabin has been involved.

I think the general mess is unusual for them, but not for anyone else. Of course, that's also based on how I prefer to vacation.

Oh, wait they weren't on vacation so all I just said can probably be ignored.

In the Abby helping vacuum picture, if you look closely at the coffee table.....there is a can of SODA!!!!! Grape soda...is it not as sinful as Pepsi? Is grape soda kinda like the wine served at the wedding feast in Cana? How can this be theologically possible?

Those would be trekking poles or walking poles. You can buy them everywhere here.

link to a video that 'splains it, lucy.

http://www.keenfit.com/glink/main-walki ... gwodVW1e5Q

Did you ask how they knew he was drunk? :o

I'm not pushing my luck. I'll let one of you young'uns do that, tactfully of course.

In the Abby helping vacuum picture, if you look closely at the coffee table.....there is a can of SODA!!!!! Grape soda...is it not as sinful as Pepsi? Is grape soda kinda like the wine served at the wedding feast in Cana? How can this be theologically possible?

Some of those fruit flavored sodas don't have caffeine, so maybe they're OK?

I'm not pushing my luck. I'll let one of you young'uns do that, tactfully of course.

How do you know that the driver was drunk?

>>>>>>>>>>

We got a very good look at him when we were beside him.

From titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/08/27/we-are-home-3/#comments

I think that ugly carpet is indoor-outdoor carpet that is used in a lot of vacation homes.

Back in the day we did use ski poles as hiking poles, but today you can buy them at REI and they are called trekking poles (and they are not cheap:) YES, I do use trekking poles. I have RA and Meniere's, and I love to hike, so I need to use them for my balance or I will fall. Good hiking boots and my trekking poles and I am good to go.

I have used trekking poles everywhere including both North Base Camp(Tibet) and South Base Camp(Nepal) on Mt. Everest--where there are a lot of hikers using trekking poles, in fact most using them. I can't tell you how many other hikers use trekking poles for level easy to moderate hikes, but the hikers I travel with do use them, and most of the other hikers we see are using trekking poles these days. It's a safety issue and even without my medical issues I would use them as they prevent slipping and falling.

I was glad to see the Maxwell's using trekking poles as it is a safety precaution. Better to be safe than sorry.

I can relate to that. I am not sure they breathe in a way that doesn't irk the crap outta' me.

As for the cabin and it's decor. A lot of vacation cabins are outdated. For most, it's not a really lucrative business and they don't get updated very often and rarely other than necessary. If what is there functions and isn't a hazard or something, it stays. I've never stayed in a vacation cabin that wasn't outdated and aged. Of course, I've never vacationed on a high budget, at least not when a rental cabin has been involved.

I think the general mess is unusual for them, but not for anyone else. Of course, that's also based on how I prefer to vacation.

Oh, wait they weren't on vacation so all I just said can probably be ignored.

We have a summer vacation cabin in Hungry Horse, Montana and it looks worse than this cabin indoors. The saving grace is the HUGE picture window looking out on the Resivoir and the regular large animals passing by and occasionally peeking inside at us. It's comfortable and we love it, our old Italian over stuffed sofas from the 90's and all.

Re: cabin. Looks pretty typical to me - actually comfortable & homey. Hope it didn't have that summer cottage/cabin moldy smell!

Re: walking sticks. Love `em. I just use one when doing field work for my job and it has saved my bacon & balance many a time, especially going downslope.

Who wears a polo shirt and khakis on a major hike? (Christopher)

Who wears a denim frumper on a major major hike? (Anna, Chris's wife)

Who wears a fucking *skirt* on a major climb? (We all know the answer to that...) Idiots, the lot of them.

As to the pregnancy speculation, there's a picture where she doesn't look like her abdomen is big at all, but the tent-dress picture? That's just bad. The clothing she wears does nothing but make the wearer look fatter than she is, I think.

They've got that buffalo stance, too, or whatever it's called.

I think it irks you that they use those metal hiking poles because it just seems pretentious when they do it. Like they do so much hiking that they need the *special* poles. That's my take on it, anyway.

I'll be honest: the clutter the show in the pictures of the cabin would bother me, too. I'd want to straighten up, but then I don't like cluttered areas. They agitate me.

I use the trekking poles when I walk around the neighborhood everyday. I like them. They're very common in godless, hedonistic northern Europe, which is a fact that, if Steve were aware of it, would lay it on his heart NOT to use them, I'm sure. I get a much better workout with them. Plus, I have a bad knee...using the poles I can walk 8 miles daily with much less pain. No, Steve's poles don't bother me. Which is good, because they're about the only thing about the whole 'Maxwell (some might call it a vacation) Colorado hiking' episode that doesn't.

Has anyone else noticed how unnaturally straight John's posture is? Why does he stand like a robot?

perhaps he just saw the tree and he's standing at attention. :lol:

perhaps he just saw the tree and he's standing at attention. :lol:

I snorted my drink after reading this. Thank you! :lol:

Lol! Good find!

John does have a bit of that wide stance thing goin' on, doesn't he? Sigh, but what a nice chest he has, so all is forgiven.

ETA: Re. the picture of Non-Reversal Anna, Reversal Anna, and Mary: Non-Reversal Anna looks a little like Heidi (am I spelling that right?) up in the mountains with her hair braided like that.

Archived