IGNORED

Maxwells on (what some might call) a VACATION!

WonderingInWA

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry -- slow to response on this thread because, well, after that defrauding tree, I had to go visit the closet.

I don't think N-RA looks pregnant in that photo (not as much as she did in an earlier photo). I think she's just not as slim as the Maxwell girls and then with those frumpers she wears, who would really know if she just hasn't always had a tummy? God knows it was impossible to tell in that horrid wedding dress she wore! It is nice to see her wear her hair in a back braid. Wish she would just let it loose like the Maxwell girls do, but then I guess because it's curly, it might be considered defrauding. She looks happy in these photos, so I'm glad for her if she is.

And yes, I was horrified to see both DJ (Defrauding John) and (was it) Jesse doing the Vision Forum wide-standing leg thing.

Look at the legs in picture 11 (Nathan & Bethie). One of the guys is wearing kaki's that ZIP off into shorts!! Could one of the Maxwell men be coming over to the dark side?? :lol: :o

Who is the girl in pic 13? Anna & a girl are wearing green tops. It's not Mary, Sarah or Mrs. Anna.

I wonder what the final blog will say? Bethie got her fingers bitten by a rabit chipmuck? :?

Look at the legs in picture 11 (Nathan & Bethie). One of the guys is wearing kaki's that ZIP off into shorts!! Could one of the Maxwell men be coming over to the dark side?? :lol: :o

Who is the girl in pic 13? Anna & a girl are wearing green tops. It's not Mary, Sarah or Mrs. Anna.

I wonder what the final blog will say? Bethie got her fingers bitten by a rabit chipmuck? :?

That's Nathan's wife, Melanie.

I hope that Steve doesn't study these pictures. I noticed that Mary has a great shape and the polo shirt seems to accent her bustling. If Steve notices, she will be back in frumpers in a heartbheat.

Actually, that picture of the tree kinda freaks me out. No, it does freak me out. It looks like it's going to jump out of the picture and eat me.

It also looks photoshopped, but I know it isn't.

Melanie looks great. She's really pretty.

And I'm looking forward to the chipmunk post. They said the little girls were petting them. Hm. My mother always taught me never to try to touch wild animals like that due to potential bites and rabies. I guess maybe they are chipmunk whisperers.

I have recently moved back to England from the US and have been on vacation and have sent the last couple days in my spare time catching up with our favourite families and the threads on here.....but visiting Titus2 and that vacation they had, no one seems to have mentioned the canoeing/kayaking (not sure of the difference) they did!

The Corners dedcated to Sports have Steve going on and on about how ungodly and timewasting sports are, and apparently theres a section on why not to do them in his book....KAYAKING IS A SPORT! He even says in the corner, we shouldnt even let children shoot hoops, or cycle for fun (exercise only)

Why do i go back to that sight to read those hypocrites?

It's okay because they did it with family and it's healthy exercise. You can only do healthy exercise if the entire family can do it together. I guarantee you, it's some sort of "outdoor exercise" versus "organized sports or anything that reminds you of them" reason.

And so long as no one in the family expresses joy in kayacking then all is well. If any family member claims to enjoy it, kayacking will make the "idol list" and be prohibited.

I wonder what exactly they would consider a sport? Running? Jogging? Archery is a sport (target).

And what about biking just to save gas?

These people sound SUPER uptight.

Guest Anonymous
I have recently moved back to England from the US and have been on vacation and have sent the last couple days in my spare time catching up with our favourite families and the threads on here.....but visiting Titus2 and that vacation they had, no one seems to have mentioned the canoeing/kayaking (not sure of the difference) they did!

The Corners dedcated to Sports have Steve going on and on about how ungodly and timewasting sports are, and apparently theres a section on why not to do them in his book....KAYAKING IS A SPORT! He even says in the corner, we shouldnt even let children shoot hoops, or cycle for fun (exercise only)

Why do i go back to that sight to read those hypocrites?

Gluttony for punishment?

I wonder what exactly they would consider a sport? Running? Jogging? Archery is a sport (target).

I don't think the girls could participate in these activities. Running and jogging would both cause their boobs to jiggle a lot, calling attention to them. Archery puts too much attention on their chests too as they hold the bow and pull back on the arrow. :twisted:

Speaking of running, remember when Jim Bob and the older boys ran in a local 5 k race? They wore long pants, denim to be exact. I think they learned, but probably won't admit, that you cannot run in dungaree jeans.

Biking to save gas would seem to be OK but I don't think most fundies are green and it's hard to ride a bike with a long skirt.

Nell

I don't think the girls could participate in these activities. Running and jogging would both cause their boobs to jiggle a lot, calling attention to them. Archery puts too much attention on their chests too as they hold the bow and pull back on the arrow. :twisted:

Speaking of running, remember when Jim Bob and the older boys ran in a local 5 k race? They wore long pants, denim to be exact. I think they learned, but probably won't admit, that you cannot run in dungaree jeans.

Biking to save gas would seem to be OK but I don't think most fundies are green and it's hard to ride a bike with a long skirt.

Nell

OH, but they have. They have pictures of ALL the Maxwells outside ,the girls in frumpers(with vests over top of course) or exercise skirts doing their running/exercises super early in the morning. (This was from last year sometime, I think they were on Uriah and were traveling. I remember a pic of one of the girls doing a lunge in a skirt)

I wonder if they don't consider it a sport if it's not competitive, like it's ok as long as there are no races so nobody can win and become prideful or something like that. I know that if I were a Maxwell kid and enjoyed kayaking, I would never tell Daddy that I like it so he wouldn't take it away.

I wonder if they don't consider it a sport if it's not competitive, like it's ok as long as there are no races so nobody can win and become prideful or something like that. I know that if I were a Maxwell kid and enjoyed kayaking, I would never tell Daddy that I like it so he wouldn't take it away.

Also, kayaking is not a big TV/spectator sport. Part of Steve's objection to shooting baskets, playing catch, or tossing around a football in the yard is that it might create an appetite for watching sports on TV or attending actual games, which he sees as worldly/sinful/a waste of time.

Did the girls go kayaking in their skirts? I'm trying to figure the logistics of that - but it has been 30 plus years since I have been in a kayak.

Also, kayaking is not a big TV/spectator sport. Part of Steve's objection to shooting baskets, playing catch, or tossing around a football in the yard is that it might create an appetite for watching sports on TV or attending actual games, which he sees as worldly/sinful/a waste of time.

Also, Steve is against anything that would cause his children to interact with others, so anything that is a team sport is out. Even a singles sport, like gymnastics would be out as well since they would have to be around others and not under Steve's authority. I remember reading somewhere, that when they do exercise they do it early in the morning as to avoid meeting people. I also remember once, someone who had worked with Nathan came over to the boards. She said at the time she knew him, he had a gym membership, maybe that means he and his wife have not drank all the fundie juice yet.

I get the feeling that the kids (kids? how old are they again?) make sure to take their pulses where Daddy Eeyore can see--cardio benefits, you know--but are careful never to crack a smile while he is looking.

I just want to take them to the matinee, stuff them full of butter popcorn, then drop them off at a state fair where they can wander around among face painting booths and ring-the-bell contests and munch on pupusas and churros while they listen to the band play Beatles and John Denver classics until it's time for the rodeo. WITHOUT TRACTS, mind you. Some of the kids on the hayride today had pockets full of tracts they had to pass out! No tracts, no preaching, nada.

And what about biking just to save gas?

These people sound SUPER uptight.

Anything done with people outside the family. Running and archery are not the bad sports if they're done with the family. If they joined a running or archery club, that would wrong.

Steve's distaste for sports doesn't seem to be the activity itself, it's that it takes the player out of the family fold. Time that could be better spent in personal or family prayer with daddy Steve & their god.

The latest hiking pics show John with a shirt and hat with the same symbol. The post before that has one of the other bros in the same shirt. What is it? It like of looks like a sideways H or 2 jesus fish in American flag colors.

Steve's distaste for sports doesn't seem to be the activity itself, it's that it takes the player out of the family fold. Time that could be better spent in personal or family prayer with daddy Steve & their god.

Daddy is god you keep forgetting.can you truly be a good christian if you always isolate yourself from the world and others?

Daddy is god you keep forgetting.can you truly be a good christian if you always isolate yourself from the world and others?

You are right, I somehow managed to forget exactly who I was talking about. The family's only allowable idol is Daddy Dearest.

They're not totally isolated. They hit the road a couple of times a year to spread their message and sell their wares. They don't seem to have an issue with putting themselves into the lives of others (particularly those who are a captive audience, willingly or not, like nursing home residents). It's their world that can't be dirtied and made impure by outsiders.

Archived