IGNORED

Maxwells on (what some might call) a VACATION!

WonderingInWA

The scenery is gorgeous! And aww, those chipmunks are adorable!

Yes, they're adorable-- from a distance, not eating out of a toddler's hand.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am positively DEFRAUDED by that boy's ass in the pic where they are all sitting on that pile of wood. The one holding the camera on the stick, wearing the orange hat. I don't remember what his name is. But YUM.

Also, Maxwell women, skirts with sneakers is frumpy.

I am pretty sure wild animals can carry plague too. Can't even get a shot for that one :shock:

Those chipmunk shots were taken at St. Elmo.

http://st-elmo-colorado.com/

Around here at tourist type stops such as St. Elmo's and Mountain passes, the chipmunks are quite tame but can be big bullies. All the places have chipmunk safe food for sale and if those little stinkers think you are holding out on them they will give you the shake down. My family has been mugged many times by these little con-artists and once one of my son's had his homemade fried chicken that he was eating stolen right out of his hands. We were shocked that they ate meat and then worried that it wasn't going to be safe for him with all the seasonings on it. The little thief seemed to be ok when we left an hour later when he stole the baby's watermellon slice. Yes, worry about plague* can be real but theft is a far bigger worry around these parts.

* State wild life dev. checks out all the rodents in our state for plague and other problems but as far as I know the only plague problems we have are in certain prairie dog towns and those are clearly marked. Not that the chipmunks don't have the chance to carry it but more of checking all the furry little thieves out for good health. ;) Those guys and our prairie dogs are just too darn cute to let get sick and then infect those who get willingly mugged by them.

Hope they are up to date on their rabies vaccines.

The Bubonic Plague, AKA, The Black Plague, is caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis (this is the dominant theory, anyway), so one would have to take antibiotics if it developed, but there's always the possibility and threat of resistance to the antibiotics.

The Wikipedia article is pretty interesting, especially the section titled "DNA Evidence."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death#Recurrence

AHA! YPestis I knew your screen name seemed familiar! You're really the Plague dressed up in fancy sciencey words! You thought you could fool us, but I found you out! As did probably others who are quicker on the uptake than I am. :)

Personally, I think your screen name is clever. ;)

I must be losing my mind! With all the times I've complained about the Maxwells' overprotective parenting philosophies, I just found myself looking at that photo of Abby feeding the chipmunk and thinking they aren't protecting her enough! I would never let a toddler get that close to a wild animal! All it takes is one bite and the next thing you know, the poor kid is in the emergency room getting shots in her stomach. So does this make me crazier than the Maxwells?"

I thought the same thing! I couldn't believe anyone would be that clueless to let a child get that close to a wild animal like that. What a recipe for disaster.

One picture even shows god sitting down looking out over his creation.

:lol: :lol:

We get to hear more about that in the next blog!

Re: Miss Mary's brow tidy

This is not about the minor child. This is about her parents.

I'm amazed they permitted a temporary cosmetic procedure. Gratified, but genuinely surprised.

They must be more aware of how their public perceives them than just as pillars of modesty. I really hadnt expected to see any evidence of such awareness. "We're modestly covered, no makeup and our hairstyles are under control ( no immodest windblown tresses for either gender!".

I take this to mean they love their youngest daughter and were sensible about permitting a "worldly" cosmetic effort.

Good for them.

I guess we can assume that all fundies know about "assuming the fundie posture"? We have yet to see a picture of Christopher and Non-Reversal Anna where they are not "assuming the fundie posture".

I used the word 'assume' too many times, didn't I?

Mary is turning into a lovely young woman. She almost looks like a typical teenager in that picture.

Re: Miss Mary's brow tidy

This is not about the minor child. This is about her parents.

I'm amazed they permitted a temporary cosmetic procedure. Gratified, but genuinely surprised.

They must be more aware of how their public perceives them than just as pillars of modesty. I really hadnt expected to see any evidence of such awareness. "We're modestly covered, no makeup and our hairstyles are under control ( no immodest windblown tresses for either gender!".

I take this to mean they love their youngest daughter and were sensible about permitting a "worldly" cosmetic effort.

Good for them.

Also, you wonder if they realize it is easier to marry off attractive girls (assuming they want to do that). I wonder if that's at least partly why they've dumped the frumper (not totally) for the shirt over a shirt look.

What was that elderly man doing out fishing anyway? I am sure god put it in his head that morning to go to that exact spot and fish so that the Maxwell's could get their fix of being saviors to the elderly. Being on vacation, er, um, what some may call a vacation, does not remove them from their calling and responsibilities towards the elderly.

For all the connotations of the the word elderly and all the way it is used, I don't think I know anyone who would call a man and woman who can and do go out fishing on their own elderly.

I am again reminded why my disgust for them runs so deep. Great for them for giving a crap and helping someone - but to take pictures of it and post it on their blog is nothing but 'look at us! even on vacation god calls us specially to help the elderly'.

Some times I wish they'd be blessed with a really dirty old man!

And what's up with "load" in quotes in the one picture (earlier post). Gosh do they use quote fingers??

Guest Anonymous
What was that elderly man doing out fishing anyway? I am sure god put it in his head that morning to go to that exact spot and fish so that the Maxwell's could get their fix of being saviors to the elderly. Being on vacation, er, um, what some may call a vacation, does not remove them from their calling and responsibilities towards the elderly.

For all the connotations of the the word elderly and all the way it is used, I don't think I know anyone who would call a man and woman who can and do go out fishing on their own elderly.

I am again reminded why my disgust for them runs so deep. Great for them for giving a crap and helping someone - but to take pictures of it and post it on their blog is nothing but 'look at us! even on vacation god calls us specially to help the elderly'.

If I was fishing and these goobers came up and bothered me, I would use Steve as bait.

It is good to see the Ms actually having f*n.

Re: toddler feeding the chipmunk. ITA that this is strange, to say the least. Potentially, any mammal is a vector for rabies although it is rarely found in rodents. I'd be more worried about plain old bites - needless pain & fright for a small child.

I hate how the blog post starts "The Lord has blessed our time here" Seriously Sarah, he doesn't give a shit what you crazy assed people do on your vacation. Yeah, I said it. You are all on vacation. And you know what? THE LORD COULD CARE LESS!!!!

It is good to see the Ms actually having f*n.

Re: toddler feeding the chipmunk. ITA that this is strange, to say the least. Potentially, any mammal is a vector for rabies although it is rarely found in rodents. I'd be more worried about plain old bites - needless pain & fright for a small child.

I know what you are saying and I agree but in the same breath those wild chipmonks are very, very tame. I know you don't believe me but I have been right there on that woodpile where they st and talked about the very same thing with a forest ranger. He wa more concerned about rattlesnaes hiding under somethng than the chipmonks bitting my kids. And at the time the chipmonks were climbing all over my kids! :shock: I was pregnant at the time and very worried but he said that they were more likely to be stung by a bee than those little moochers bitting them. My toddler was stung by a bee not 20 minutes later. :doh: Enough of that and we left. :snooty:

Well, I would. Elderly just means old, not necessarily feeble or decrepit. I thought the humor here was in the Maxwell's overuse of the word and their using an adjective as a noun.

If an eyebrow hair offends thee, pluck it out. It's BIBLICAL, guys. Sheesh.

I just have to say, I do not understand the fundie obsession with Polo shirts. Jesus said nothing about ribbed collars and pique cloth. And they make them look like members of a cult.

Oh, wait...

Well, I would. Elderly just means old, not necessarily feeble or decrepit. I thought the humor here was in the Maxwell's overuse of the word and their using an adjective as a noun.

All this overuse of the word elderly is doing me in when I am sitting on an excellent word to use instead. My son invented the word daegan several years ago to be used for " old person" . (basically, they call me a daegan ) It has different levels of "daegan(ness)",depending on how old , infirm , or mean someone is. For example I am a "regular" daegan at age 41 with creaky joints and general grumpiness. There is also the super daegan,ultra daegan and ultra-mega daegan which would be the super grumpy types(like those at my son's volunteer job who tell him to cut his hair and ask if he is a hippy lol.). You can be a different level depending on how nice you are.(My mom isn;t even considered a daegan and she is 69.My dad at 75 is the same level as me ,go figure!) We have everyone in the co-op using daegen and we are going to put it in the urban dictionary because he wants credit for inventing Daegan! Daegan Maxwell's,use Daegan. :whistle:

Archived