IGNORED

Maxwells on (what some might call) a VACATION!

WonderingInWA

So far it looks like it might just be me and 2 kidlets, but I can still put out posters. Hmmmm. Maybe at the base of of Waldo's Canyon where their eyes will naturally go?

Skankbiscuit? You game? Wanna hold some posters or at least put some up tonight?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is wrong with having a vacation? Going on a hiking trip is vacation, no matter what they say. No matter how much prayer and Bible study they do does not make it less of a vacation.

ladypuglover, if you haven't already made and set up your posters, remember you probably still have time. After all, they'll need to find an elderly home to do church and then a Walmart to stock up on burritos.

Or the one they just used for their newest post. They'd be sure it was for them from one of their fans and thank them.

“We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the Lord fulfil all thy petitions†(Psalms 20:5).

Maybe you should hand out free Pepsi. LOL But really, Bible verses about having a fun life and you holding them while wearing regular clothes will blow the minds of the Maxwells and probably end up on the blog. I'm mean, obviously you will be a heathen since you won't be dressed in a frumper, so how could you know the Bible?!

Well, at least after the post about Saturday it's clear why it's not a vacation for them. I don't know why I didn't realize it before because it has Maxwell written all over it in neon-green, flashing lights, but whatever. Vacations involve leaving work and daily life behind; getting away from the responsibilities of day to day life for a time to rest, enjoy, relax; to not be responsible for all that you're responsible for.

The Maxwells, however, took all their crap with them. I forget that they make their livings online and with their laptops and can take work everywhere they go. Sarah is writing. Christopher did 'work' while his wife did a driving shift.

I think Sarah was wrong though to even imagine that some would call their trip a vacation - most who do all the same work, no matter the location, do not consider the travel a vacation. A road trip leaving work at home is a vacation. A road trip where work comes along so easily, paid for by grandma & grandpa to a beautiful place is merely a change of scenery for the Maxwells.

So much fun to be in a place of such natural beauty - but ya' can't go out and play, ya' know, until the proper time has been spent with the lord (what is proper is determined by Steve, not by personal conviction) and the work is done; chosen (by Steve) number of words written, blah, blah, blah.

They remain the most pathetic, miserable family ever and have no chance, really, of ever losing that title to any other family.

LPL, you need something on MODESTY! That will get Steve to stop and question you if you play your cards right. Wear a floor length sack and have a "modesty rocks" sign or something!

I'm thinking of those poor Maxwell women today - and the fact that they are hiking in rugged terrain in skirts. :shock:

Christopher did 'work' while his wife did a driving shift.

I was really surprised to see this--both that Anna Marie's parents allowed her to learn to drive, and that Christopher was willing to let her. But I guess this is just another way Anna Marie can serve him: driving so he can get his super-important work done. :roll:

Shameful confession: I really like the fabric of AM's frumper. I love aqua and would totally wear a (defrauding knee-length) skirt made from that fabric.

Steve or one of the boys ALWAYS drives when they are travelling. I have never heard of Sarah or Teri driving. I think this is yet another way that Steve keeps himself in complete control.

So, I take this Anna (Marie) driving as a glimmer of hope that Chris is not an asshole like his dad.

I blew it guys. I spent yesterday and last evening with a friend in the ER. I thought I would still have time this morning but I made the huge mistake of eating dinner from a vending machine and am just now able to leave my bathroom. I blew it and I am kicking myself.

Okay, I just found the latest post (which was right before the Happy Birthday Mary post) and have some comments.

1) Unfortunately, Anna Marie still does not appear to be pregnant unless just newly. C'mon, Christopher, ramp up that gun of yours!

2) John remains defrauding even in a red, white, and blue plaid shirt. In the van or moving luggage, that kid is adorable.

3) Anna Marie is allowed to drive? On the open highway? Oh, right, because Christopher had some very important work to do on his laptop. And she's wearing sunglasses. Which seems like an accessory, and we all know jewelry and other adornments are idols.

4) Is it my imagination that someone helped Mary with her unibrow? I wonder how that went down with Stevie?

ETA: Also, in the photo of Bethany with Uncle Jesse, I love how the front license plate on the van reads JESUS. Oh, puhleeze...

I think Sarah may have helped Mary update her appearance a bit. I see a little spark in Sarah that I don't see in Reversal Anna.

Happy to see that maybe Chris doesn't try to control Anna (Marie) like Steve does to Teri.

Awww, LPL, no kicking necessary. I hope your friend is ok.

She is now and it just took so long because it always takes so long.

Hmmmm. Maybe I should gather up my friends and their teen daughters to hold signs along Hwy 24 on Sunday. Why? Because that is the route they will be going to get to Buena Vista. Now, how should we dress and what should the signs say? Remember folks, we're old moms and Christian so no bikinis or Satan Rules signs.

Galatians 5:1!! "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free; stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

My pastor preached on that verse recently and used it to poke at people in the church that are legalistic. I loved that message. I was thinking of our fundies through the whole thing.

*Edit* Oh, never mind, I should probably read the end of a thread before I reply. I hope your friend is OK!!

Ladypuglover, I hope your friend is OK, too. This might be a "blessing in disguise" (not your bathroom marathon). We will probably know when they are going home and you could catch them on the back side of the trip.

Has anyone spotted them? I don't believe they were bringing Uriah. Their posts indicated there would be a bit of a convoy with Stevie's van, Nathan's van, and Christopher's truck. Oooooohhhhhh, I hope someone figures out where they are! Certainly we need to have some footage of them that they aren't in control of!

A little OT but Steve published one of my comments. On the post where Sarah was talking about nature, I commented with the lyrics from Day by Day from Godspell. I love that song (heck I love the whole show) and it just seemed to be the thing to do. He also published my birthday greetings to Teri. Odd.

You need to do a totally random verse. Something like Numbers 31: 32

Numbers 33:17. When I thought about posting places pretending to be a Fundie, I was going to use Num 33:17 in my sig to see if anybody looked it up and questioned me about it. I never did.

ETA: perhaps I should use that as my special tagline from the donation drive... Hmmm..

Numbers 33:17. When I thought about posting places pretending to be a Fundie, I was going to use Num 33:17 in my sig to see if anybody looked it up and questioned me about it. I never did.

ETA: perhaps I should use that as my special tagline from the donation drive... Hmmm..

Heh. Someone after my own heart, but more educated! I too always thought it'd be a great idea to just put up some posters with completely boring verses on them, since reading that the most common word in the Bible is apparently "and" (which kinda makes sense). So... cheering here, anyway :D

Other great documents of the world are similar, yeah the author has lots of Meaningful Stuff To Say that gets quoted (Confucius and Mencius are big ones) but surely among all those endless writings they have some boring cruft in there too, I know I always wondered that in school when we were dealing with analyzing the translation of such writings. Surely at some point, the guy wrote a grocery list...

New post up - they are at their cabin getting ready to have family Bible time. Sarah was sure to mention they had church this morning before they left for the mountains :roll:

I must say, they look like they had a lovely day and in the last picture where Teri is holding Bethany is the prettiest I have ever seen Teri look. I can see a little bit of resemblance to Sarah and Mary, which I had never seen before.

I hope they are enjoying their rest, vacation, holiday whatever they are calling it.

I must say, they look like they had a lovely day and in the last picture where Teri is holding Bethany is the prettiest I have ever seen Teri look. I can see a little bit of resemblance to Sarah and Mary, which I had never seen before.

I know, right? And her outfit looks kind of normal, too!

I think that Teri must have been beautiful as a young woman and Steve should get down on his knees every day thanking his God that she loved him.

Archived