IGNORED

Maxwells on (what some might call) a VACATION!

WonderingInWA

Hmmmm. Maybe I should gather up my friends and their teen daughters to hold signs along Hwy 24 on Sunday. Why? Because that is the route they will be going to get to Buena Vista. Now, how should we dress and what should the signs say? Remember folks, we're old moms and Christian so no bikinis or Satan Rules signs.

Jeans and normal v-neck t-shirts are just as evil as a bikini when it comes to your intentions to ensnare men and make them stumble. As for the signs, Eye Trap, of course.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sign saying Satan Rules would definitely get you a mention on the blog. They'd probably pray for you the entire rest of their drive. Maybe something pro gay marriage instead? I'm trying to think of things the Maxwells would find heathenish. Actually, that's, like, everything in the world. Pick something fun and make a sign for it. Baseball, roller coasters, public schools, feminism....

A sign saying Satan Rules would definitely get you a mention on the blog. They'd probably pray for you the entire rest of their drive. Maybe something pro gay marriage instead? I'm trying to think of things the Maxwells would find heathenish. Actually, that's, like, everything in the world. Pick something fun and make a sign for it. Baseball, roller coasters, public schools, feminism....

FUN IS GODLY.

Oh, it has to be a Bible verse. You know the Maxwells will be "amazed!!!" that someone in heathen secular America thinks to hold up a Bible verse other than the ubiquitous John 3:16, and so they'll be all over themselves trying to recall the verse from memory.

Even if they can't, they'll then go look it up, because heavens, can't have a Bible verse they didn't get. I sympathize with them in that regard - if someone asked me a question in my field I couldn't immediately answer I'd be obsessed to look up the true answer myself. So they'll look it up, and because they had to look it up, it will stick with them.

So the question is, what Bible verses are there which when taken at face value have somewhat liberating messages? Or which encourage fun and enjoyment as a holy thing? I'm no hope there but surely some here have ideas...

I live in Colorado Springs!!!! (well just outside it) I am dying to know where they are staying. I almost want to cruise up and down Hwy 24 just to see Uriah. I would love to take pictures with him while they are off hiking or whatever. A bunch of us ladies could lift up our shirts in front of Uriah and make the devil's signs with our hands.

Luke 6:36-38 is nice too, and a message Steve would do well to internalize.

Sorry I can't C&P the text of these verses; I'm posting from my phone.

They usually park at a WalMart right? Hopefully they will choose the one in Monument to park for the night and not the scary one down on Platte ( Hwy 24).

1 Corinthians 6:12? That's the one that came to my mind immediately. Or maybe John 8:7 or John 8:36.

How about Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.

I think Steve has memorized Eccl 7:1-14, that's the Eeyore part of the Bible.

Hmmmm. Maybe I should gather up my friends and their teen daughters to hold signs along Hwy 24 on Sunday. Why? Because that is the route they will be going to get to Buena Vista. Now, how should we dress and what should the signs say? Remember folks, we're old moms and Christian so no bikinis or Satan Rules signs.

You could always go with "Free Sarah!" or "Marry me, Uriah!" :lol:

Oh, yeah, no Uriah. They are not footing the bill for the trip so they don't have to live in a bus and sleep in Walmart parking lots. The grandparents are paying for it. That's why, or at least part of why, it resembles what others would call vacation.

I am still waiting for clarification form Sarah. Others might call it a vacation, she's made that clear. What do they call it? What are they doing in Colorado in late August with the whole family, staying in cabins? If it's not a vacation, and it's not one of their church meetings to peddle their wares, what the hell is it?

I am still waiting for clarification form Sarah. Others might call it a vacation, she's made that clear. What do they call it? What are they doing in Colorado in late August with the whole family, staying in cabins? If it's not a vacation, and it's not one of their church meetings to peddle their wares, what the hell is it?

Maybe they will call it a "retreat." Whatever. It's a vacay. :roll:

You silly woman. Of course they don't call it vacation. When you method act in the name of the Lord all the time you can take no breaks.

But, wait a minute. God rested on the final day. So maybe they call it a Rest rather then vacation.

You silly woman. Of course they don't call it vacation. When you method act in the name of the Lord all the time you can take no breaks.

But, wait a minute. God rested on the final day. So maybe they call it a Rest rather then vacation.

I hope they enjoy their rest. You totally nailed it.

Thanks to BibleGateway.com, I'm appreciating those verses. Good suggestions - gotta love the "you don't know the Scripture" one :)

If only Uriah was going, groupie signs for him would indeed be totally awesome also. I'm definitely a fan!

I noticed someone in their comments on the first post mentioned a "Noah's Ark" rafting guide company. I can only presume such a company is safe because they won't give the usual scientific answers to the "why are these rocks so nifty shaped and striped?" type questions.

Thanks to BibleGateway.com, I'm appreciating those verses. Good suggestions - gotta love the "you don't know the Scripture" one :)

If only Uriah was going, groupie signs for him would indeed be totally awesome also. I'm definitely a fan!

I noticed someone in their comments on the first post mentioned a "Noah's Ark" rafting guide company. I can only presume such a company is safe because they won't give the usual scientific answers to the "why are these rocks so nifty shaped and striped?" type questions.

No Maxwell would ask the question in the first place. They know their god made the rocks and everything else exactly as it all is right now. It was never any different and it never 'happened' over time. God snapped his fingers and there it all was in all it's divine glory. How silly to even imagine someone asking about their origins.

So Teri's folks are footing the bill? The couple who are posed way over to the side, in the recent family photo?

When I saw that grouping, I thought, "Well, thrifty Steve will be able to trim the old folks out of the photo when .they're dead and will still ahve a perfectly usable photo of himself and his Dominion Family." Gross.

This is just my thought: It's not a vacation as you and I would consider a vacation, which (IMHO) is a get-away from the same four walls to see something of interest.

In their definition, it's a get-away so that their sermony blog psots and corners can have a change of setting and a whole new set of things upon which to sit in judgment. There's only so much to criticize in East Jerusalem, Kansas, and of course they don't want to criticize much about the trips they take to sell books. Bad business sense to remark on the wordliness of your customers in Bohunk, North Virginia!

Finally, ladypuglover I love you already but I will owe you and all your coterie drinks of your choice if you post photos of your plan! <3

I'd forgotton about Uriah on Twitter... hope he will go on vacation too. :lol:

Poor Uriah being left at home. I hope he takes full advantage of it, throws a huge party, and spends his whole allowance on hookers and blow.

Hee, thanks! I was pleased with that one.

Archived