IGNORED

Maxwells on (what some might call) a VACATION!

WonderingInWA

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading the Maxwells for years, and this is honestly the most relaxed and happy looking I ever remember seeing them! What a nice change for them.

In my view you cannot make this up: :roll:

"I personally felt convicted in the area of needing to not murmur and be grateful..." :lol:

Guest Anonymous
"and after breakfast, we gathered for a church service"

But how do the elderly get there? :lol:

:clap: :lol:

I expect they were having a lie-in and what some might call a vacation.....

In my view you cannot make this up: :roll:

"I personally felt convicted in the area of needing to not murmur and be grateful..." :lol:

What do you suppose Sarah murmurs? "When the hell is that jackass going to let me get married?"

"in the area of needing to not murmur..."

I guess Teri doesn't teach concise writing at the Maxwell SOTDRT.

I like how Sarah says that it's a joy for the whole family to be together. They're together every day. How is this different? Less cleaning and better scenery?

All I can say is poor Anna. She is a newlywed and has to go on vacation with her inlaws,sleep in the same cabin and spend every second with them! I hope Christopher takes her for walks alone or something!

I like how Sarah says that it's a joy for the whole family to be together. They're together every day. How is this different? Less cleaning and better scenery?

Maybe they will call it a "retreat." Whatever. It's a vacay. :roll:

Oh, no, Christians never EVER retreat! It will be an "advance" if anything (think Serven Clan's "Men's Advance" here).

I know, right? And her outfit looks kind of normal, too!

I don't know...those contrasting shirt colors look a little on the wild side to me. Makes her look kind of like a hussy :lol: Oh well. At least she work socks under her sandals....wouldn't want to defraud anyone with a foot fetish

Teri was a pretty girl, and Reversal Anna takes after her a lot. Here's a photo from their wedding: titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/thedeparture.jpg. Steve has the intense Nathan-eyes going on.

Poor Sarah. She has to feel guilty even about grumbling internally.

If something doesn’t go the way I would like it to, do I thank the Lord for that opportunity or do I complain? I might be thinking I’m doing great not to complain out loud, but doing it in my heart is the same thing!

Family togetherness is one of those things they have to push as a message at every possible opportunity. As they see themselves, they are heroically fighting against the tide of evil secular culture that tells family members that they should "resent each other" and desire personal space. They are taking the amazing countercultural stand that your best friends should be your family (and ONLY your family, in the Maxwells' case) and so they make sure to put that reminder in. "We're together and we love it! We wouldn't want anything else! Even when we're on WhatSomeMightCallAVacation, we still want to be together because it's what we WANT! It's awesome!" ("...please, please believe me...")

Teri was a pretty girl, and Reversal Anna takes after her a lot. Here's a photo from their wedding: titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/thedeparture.jpg. Steve has the intense Nathan-eyes going on.

Damn! Steve's ruffled tux and 'stache were BITCHIN'! :lol:

That length of hair works SO much better on the shape of her face. She really did look pretty here.

That length of hair works SO much better on the shape of her face. She really did look pretty here.

Yes, she was pretty back then. I realize people age, and I'm not snarking on her looks, but it seems like her life with Steve took sooo much out of her. While Steve is not my idea of a great looking older man, he has aged much better. And why not? He didn't have to go through 8+ pregnancies, post partum depression, and the knowledge that he is a 2nd class citizen in his own home. And I agree, chin length hair looks much better.

It's funny, with that long blowing hair, if you didn't know anything about Teri, you may think she was a cool hippy grandma or something :lol: I

Does anyone else remember when Sarah was going on about how Teri "can still wear her wedding dress till this day" ? That is amazing after having 8 kids. Maybe I should have some homeade tortillas and salad for dinner tonight....maybe Teri is onto something :D

Teri can still wear her wedding dress because she works her butt off cleaning and cooking and homeschooling and Stevie restricts her food. I'll bet giving up those sugary Pepsi's dropped her a few pounds...just sayin'...

I think the bible verse they most need to see (and apparently keep skipping over during their devotions) is “Whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray while standing in synagogues and on street corners so that people can see them. Truly I say to you, they have their reward. But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you†(Matthew 6:5-6).

Wow, taking pictures of your family praying at Taco Bell and posting on the internet definately says "look at me, I'm righteous" not quite what Jesus had in mind, eh? :roll:

"in the area of needing to not murmur..."

I guess Teri doesn't teach concise writing at the Maxwell SOTDRT.

I think the bigger joy would be if they had some time apart? Do any of them ever just get to be alone? It would be so hard if they didn't. Maybe they've reached a whole new level of togetherness different than their day to day lives.

I think the bigger joy would be if they had some time apart? Do any of them ever just get to be alone? It would be so hard if they didn't. Maybe they've reached a whole new level of togetherness different than their day to day lives.

I can't comprehend being with family 24/7 as they are. But, they don't really know any different anymore.

Steve & Teri got to live their own lives and make their own choices, including marrying each other. They forget they are mom & dad to the great Maxwell clan because they chose their lives. They don't let their kids choose anything; they aren't ever alone with themselves & their thoughts much less another human being to even imagine wanting something to choose it.

While their pictures show a happy family having fun, and I'm sure they are just that, all I see is what happens when a family member turns himself into a god and controls what everyone else does. They are robots, living to do as Steve dictates and 'teaches' from his twisted ideas about the bible and its meaning and the world at large.

I think the Maxwell kids would be in for a cultural shock if they ever had to leave and live on their own in the "secular" world. These kids have never been away from their family, never been exposed to different beliefs, have never had close relationships with non family members!

I guess it is a good thing, by some odd quirk, they aren't exactly being fruitful and multiplying for some reason. Sarah is still single and will most likely not be having a brood of her given single state at age 29. Melenie (Nathan's wife seem to have issues carrying a pregnancy. Christopher and Anna seem to be taking their time with the baby making. The younger "reversal" kids are even more sheltered and will most likely have some issues with the leaving and cleaving. Even among fundies, these kids are incredibly sheltered. I could just imagine the younger daughters are going to go the way of their older sister, Sarah, whose still waiting for her prince at the ripe fundie age of 29. The younger sons may have better prospects but given that Steve likes to avoid letting the kids mingle with anyone their own age, I anticipate they will all delay their wedding until much later date.

Archived