IGNORED

Maxwells on (what some might call) a VACATION!

WonderingInWA

The Maxwells have picked THE ELDERLY as their evangelism target based on a few assumptions about old people:

--They have conservative values

--They're not interested in sex, so there's no chance that they will defraud one of their precious children

--They're out of touch with and uninterested in pop culture

--They're lonely: their spouses may be gone, and their ungodly children may not visit often

--They will die relatively soon, making them a captive audience to the Maxwells' constant death-talk.

Of course, these may not apply to any given ELDERLY person, but since when has the inaccuracy of assumptions ever stopped the Maxwells from doing anything?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anna (I refuse to call her Anna Marie), looks shockingly normal in the pink jacket and sunglasses. She's pretty.

Is this a good jumping point to start the speculation about her tummy in the picture where she and Christopher are standing near his truck?

Is this a good jumping point to start the speculation about her tummy in the picture where she and Christopher are standing near his truck?

Yes! I was waiting for someone to say this. I thought she looked huge in that picture. But do you think she would do all that hiking if she was, say, 6 or 7 months along?

I am pissed that the ladies did hiking and rock scrambling with skirts on. Do they think this is a fucking walk in the park? They were climbing a 14er! Weather changes come on quickly - thunderstorms and the like. I am just trying to imagine trying to get down a 14,000 ft mountain in a skirt on slippery rocks. You need a good pair of pants for all that! Do they just expect the Lord will just protect them?

Steve and Christopher - SHAME on you. You are supposed to be your wives and daughters "umbrella of protection" according to your own rules - yet you don't have them wear PANTS to climb a 14er. IDIOTS!

I am pissed that the ladies did hiking and rock scrambling with skirts on. Do they think this is a fucking walk in the park? They were climbing a 14er! Weather changes come on quickly - thunderstorms and the like. I am just trying to imagine trying to get down a 14,000 ft mountain in a skirt on slippery rocks. You need a good pair of pants for all that! Do they just expect the Lord will just protect them?

Steve and Christopher - SHAME on you. You are supposed to be your wives and daughters "umbrella of protection" according to your own rules - yet you don't have them wear PANTS to climb a 14er. IDIOTS!

I totally agree. I've done about ten 14ers, and have come off of two of them in a hurry due to fast moving thunderstorms. In a hurry, like, on my fanny sliding down the talus trying to save my life as lightning struck all around me and the rocks hummed. The fanny of my goretex rain pants were shredded, but I'm glad I had them. If I had been in a long skirt, I'd have been another "dumb hiker" article in the Denver Post. As the Maxwells could have been.

I don't think Anna would do a hike like that if she were pregnant. Maybe she's still a virgin.... ;)

They were hiking for hours. Wonder where they peed? :ugeek: The guys can just "whip it out", they girls, well...... :oops: .

I am sure they have some kind of modest fold up porto-potty with Jesus curtains or something. The frumpers/long skirts would cover everything anyway. They just go off in the woods while the men guard them from every possible angle so no one would stumble upon them and defraud them by listening to the virginal women doing their business.

Looking at the pictures just now,look at the one of Anna in the frumper sans jacket with Chris by the truck. Could that be a possible baby bump? I don't think she would do that grueling hike if pregnant, but that looks like a possible baby bump to me. (POSSIBLE!) Christopher might actually be having relations!

Is Mary wearing yoga pants? I cannot imagine how Anna Marie climbed those rocks in that long loose denim jumper.

It seems so unfair to me that the boys all have on hiking clothing including boots, and the girls are in tennis shoes. However stury the tennis shoes, they are not hiking boots and their lucky they didn't twist an ankle on those rocks.

I wondered about the yoga pants, too, but I think she and Sarah are wearing the same fundie yoga skirt. It actually cracked me up. Certainly they had to have made those themselves, what with the racing stripes and all. LOL! Quite frankly, they are a little defrauding by Stevie's standards, aren't they?

AND, can I just say I'm a little pissed that Stevie pretty much FORCED Sarah to go past her comfort level hiking? She wanted to stop, and there's no reason why she should not have been allowed to do so. Period.

Poor Anna Marie. Hiking in that God-awful frumper. WOW!

I don't think Anna would do a hike like that if she were pregnant. Maybe she's still a virgin.... ;)

They were hiking for hours. Wonder where they peed? :ugeek: The guys can just "whip it out", they girls, well...... :oops: .

If they're like me, they squat off-road with others not looking :)

Though, I was raised using squat toilets. I suppose people who never squat ever might have a problem maybe, I don't know.

I just found it ridiculous that the girls wore SKIRTS to go hiking. I mean, come on. How is that even modest when you're climbing a steep mountain???

Other than that, I thought the scenery they photographed was gorgeous, and honestly reading that post makes me want to go climb a 14ner myself. ;)

I thought the scenery they photographed was gorgeous, and honestly reading that post makes me want to go climb a 14ner myself. ;)

Me too. After seeing all Joseph's pictures I am ready to go hiking on a BIG mountain. It's making me miss our cabin in Hungry Horse, MT which my husband got to keep, and my children get to enjoy forever.

But those skirts had adidas stripes on the side. I hope that the skirts are a bit more comfortable to hike in than frumpers. I wish the girls could have worn pants after all there was no one to defraud but family.

I just found it ridiculous that the girls wore SKIRTS to go hiking. I mean, come on. How is that even modest when you're climbing a steep mountain???

Other than that, I thought the scenery they photographed was gorgeous, and honestly reading that post makes me want to go climb a 14ner myself. ;)

Reading that post made me want to go climb on John. :dance:

I can't imagine that hike in a skirt. Free range of motion and movement are kinda' needed when climbing rocks and hiking mountains. I know people claim they can do anything in skirts. I call bullshit. Having done my share of climbing and hiking out west, and not even a 14er, I've often found myself with one leg on a lower rock and one reaching for a higher one. Not exactly the splits, but not a reach a skirt could accommodate.

Aside from the dangers I personally think that imposes, it also gives ample opportunity for the girl to flash someone and show her goods to the world as the skirt can rise and then what? Do you protect modesty above safety so you can stop to pull it down, or be distracted by it, or worse, let it ride up because you can't be distracted enough to stop and pull it down?

I will say, based on recent personal experience, that squat toilets + intestinal distress = bad times. Trufax.

1) Unfortunately, Anna Marie still does not appear to be pregnant unless just newly. C'mon, Christopher, ramp up that gun of yours!

I don't find it particularly unfortunate.

I don't find it particularly unfortunate.

LOL! Well, okay, for the world's population, I don't either. But for her, I feel very sorry. That's her job in this earthly life, and if she's not pumping out those babies, she has failed miserably already. They've been married almost a year -- she should already be nesting and ready for labor.

I actually hope the Maxwells are less vigilent about fertility issues than they are about everything else. I think they got a real eye-opener with what has happened to Melanie and Nathan, so hopefully they don't judge others that aren't able to fill their quiver as they did. My heart goes out to Melanie with what she has been through.

Guest Anonymous
I can't imagine that hike in a skirt. Free range of motion and movement are kinda' needed when climbing rocks and hiking mountains. I know people claim they can do anything in skirts. I call bullshit. Having done my share of climbing and hiking out west, and not even a 14er, I've often found myself with one leg on a lower rock and one reaching for a higher one. Not exactly the splits, but not a reach a skirt could accommodate.

Aside from the dangers I personally think that imposes, it also gives ample opportunity for the girl to flash someone and show her goods to the world as the skirt can rise and then what? Do you protect modesty above safety so you can stop to pull it down, or be distracted by it, or worse, let it ride up because you can't be distracted enough to stop and pull it down?

As a hiker, I wholeheartedly agree. Fourteeners are tough, though Princeton is one of the easier ones. Hiking in a long skirt is pretty foolish, especially as you get off trail and are rock scrambling. If you're new to climbing and aren't adjusted to the altitude, you get more and more tired towards the top as the air gets thinner. The last thing you'd want to be thinking about is whether or not your shins are sufficiently covered.

Re: the bathroom issue, on most CO mountains above treeline, you can usually tuck yourself into a nook between rocks to get some privacy. Since this is one of the easier 14ers, the trail can get pretty crowded, so I'm guessing the family did a bit of standing guard to make sure that no one was coming along the trail when one of the ladies was using the "facilities."

I also don't like the pushing of Sarah beyond her comfort level. The view at 1/4 mile from the top is just as good as the view from the top.

I can't imagine Stevie allowing anyone to pee/poop in the woods. Who wants to bet they were all wearing Depends?

Archived