IGNORED

Maxwells on (what some might call) a VACATION!

WonderingInWA

Among all the other issues of mountain-climbing in skirts...wouldn't their thighs chafe like crazy after awhile??

I also liked how in Sarah's lovely little analogy Steve equated to Jesus. Shocking.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were almost run off the road by a "drunk driver". Now how do they know s/he was "drunk"? Did they give him/her a breathalizer test? Maybe it was an elderly person or a kid with a "hot rod".... :ugeek:

Anna Marie looks pregnant all right.... !! Why am I excited?

AHAHA maybe it was an elderly from their small zoo that finally got out and drank a beer :D

If it's Anna's ambition and desire to get pregnant, I am happy for her too. I feel sorry for Sarah, because the new couple too is living right close to her and she inevitably must compare her own situation, and we have an idea how she has been raised.

It's similar to the situation with the Botkin daughters, they have to see sisters-in-law right under their noses being promoted to "adult" and having their own families and children, while it's denied them.

It's similar to the situation with the Botkin daughters, they have to see sisters-in-law right under their noses being promoted to "adult" and having their own families and children, while it's denied them.

In some ways it's maybe more difficult for the Botkins as one of their married siblings was their younger brother (and a younger, very attractive sil). I'm hoping for Sarah she gets hitched before her younger brothers, and, God forbid, younger sisters.

ETA: Although, now that I think about it, Non-Reversal Anna is younger than Sarah, isn't she? Yikes.

ETA (again): John looks very fine in his hiking clothes, doesn't he? Is that an Under Armor shirt he's wearing?

Anna Marie looks pregnant? Um, in which photo? I wouldn't think she'd hike a 14er if she's pregnant, but that's just me thinking...

And good spotting, kpmom -- I believe John is once again defrauding us with his hiking clothes. I sure hope he gets out of that family.

They were almost run off the road by a "drunk driver". Now how do they know s/he was "drunk"? Did they give him/her a breathalizer test? Maybe it was an elderly person or a kid with a "hot rod".... :ugeek:

I thought the same thing. How in the hell did they know the driver was drunk? Was he throwing beer cans out the window while yelling, "Screw you Uriah!!"

Anna Marie looks pregnant? Um, in which photo? I wouldn't think she'd hike a 14er if she's pregnant, but that's just me thinking...

I think she looks pregnant in the photo where she is wearing a denim frumper. She does not look fat at all, but has a definite belly. Enlarge the picture to get a better look. In the other photos, she is wearing a heavy jacket so it's hard to tell.

I didn't think anything when seeing the pictures. But, I can't believe they'd be arrogant and stupid enough to allow her to climb/hike a mountain if she were pregnant. I know they see themselves as especially blessed by god but I can't see them taking that kind of risk.

I don't think she looks pregnant at all. I think her clothes are so baggy they make her look heaver than she is. I don't think they'd be foolish enough to allow her to do that kind of a hike if pregnant.

I don't think she looks pregnant at all. I think her clothes are so baggy they make her look heaver than she is. I don't think they'd be foolish enough to allow her to do that kind of a hike if pregnant.

She really doesn't look pregnant. But she does look oddly heavy- you can see how thin everything that ISN'T covered by 80 thousand yards of frumper is, but through the middle she looks really heavy. Not pregnant-heavy either, though I could see that happening if she wore a high-waisted dress.

Climbing in those skirts must have been hell!

I don't understand why the hike would be an issue for a pregnant woman. Even with the altitude, if she's healthy, I would think it would be fine. I'm a tad uncomfortable with the notion that bagging a 14er is inappropriate for a young, healthy, woman who's also pregnant.

I don't understand why the hike would be an issue for a pregnant woman. Even with the altitude, if she's healthy, I would think it would be fine. I'm a tad uncomfortable with the notion that bagging a 14er is inappropriate for a young, healthy, woman who's also pregnant.

I agree about the skirts, and about the pregnant woman hiking. No big deal.

But seriously, get some fracking pants on those girls. There is nothing feminine, practical, or pleasing about those ridiculous skirts.

I agree. In your ninth month? Possibly a bad idea...but other than that if you are young and fittish? It is fine.

I will know admit I hd a dirty, dirty sex dream about John the other day. I was slightly perplexed when I woke up.

Hahahahahaha! I've had that happen (not about John Maxwell, specifically, but...). Just go with it, and say a little prayer that he'll have a real-life experience like that when he gets married to a lovely girl and out from Despot Daddy Maxwell's overly legalistic thumb.

She does look thick in the mid-section. But it's hard to tell , maybe her shirt is just bunching in the center. And she isn't a stick-thin girl. I'm not saying she's overweight, she's just not super thin.

It's hard to believe that they did truly find Christopher a wife who is as frumpy and dull as the rest of them. I wonder if she is truly happy. Her smile doesn't give away much.

I haven't followed the Maxwells for very long- would it be like them to not announce a pregnancy right away? I'd think they'd be like most fundies--- shouting it from the rooftops!

Funny sidenote; I'm posting this from my iPhone-- it usually auto corrects "fundie" to "fun die," but today tried to correct it to "subdue.". Both are pretty funny to me. (and yes, it always adds a period AFTER quotes too. :-(

I think she looks pregnant in this pic, just because it's roundish. I have a belly and it never looks that roundish...

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/DSC_7332.jpg

Maybe I'm totally wrong and she put on weight and I would not blame her for eating compulsively in such a family but still...

I think she looks pregnant in this pic, just because it's roundish. I have a belly and it never looks that roundish...

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/DSC_7332.jpg

Maybe I'm totally wrong and she put on weight and I would not blame her for eating compulsively in such a family but still...

She does look thick in the mid-section. But it's hard to tell , maybe her shirt is just bunching in the center. And she isn't a stick-thin girl. I'm not saying she's overweight, she's just not super thin.

She isn't super-thin, but she's far from chubby, IMO. I don't think that's a belly she's sporting in that pic, but a combination of the way she's standing plus her frumper that's fucking with our eyes. Sometimes I wish fundies would just wear clothes that actually fit, because it's really hard to tell if the women are pregnant, fat, or just hidden under 80,000 yards of denim frumper.

She doesn't look pregnant at all in other pics, so it's most likely the frumper/way she's standing. I'm sure that if she was pregnant, especially far along enough to show, it would have been announced a while ago.

From what we know of the Maxwells, Original Anna wouldn't really have any say about whether or not she hiked the fourteener, pregnant or not. This is the family in which mother dare not call father to remind him of a promise, since that would show an unsubmissive spirit on her part.

Guest Anonymous
Anna Marie looks pregnant all right.... !! Why am I excited?

AHAHA maybe it was an elderly from their small zoo that finally got out and drank a beer :D

Probably to anesthetize himself after all the death talk.

I seem to recall from one of the wedding pictures that Anna Marie is quite hippy. Not fat but big over the hips. I don't think she looks pregnant.

There is a picture of one of the girls helping Abby vacume. :(

Boy, what a ugly cabin. I don't think I've seen carpet that "green" since the 70's.....

I posted a comment on the starry night post and it got edited.

I posted 2 Bible verses that mention the Pleiades and Orion and I said even God allows astronomy and Steve edited that out.

Oooh, it's ok if it's in the Bible but don't mention the study of it.

Booooooooooooo Steve, Booooooooooooooooooo.

Archived