IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Yes, but she probably also deciding before the wedding she would be using self-tanner too, since that's kind of her normal now.

Re: the cheapness of it all. I think while we all understand that the Duggars are actually rich, maybe they cheapen it all up to keep that facade among all their follows, that they're still these simple buy-used-save-the-difference folksy homefolk even though they're not. I guess it's their whole brand, and they're trying to keep it up even if they're beyond it at this point.

Keeping their frugal reputation makes sense... at the same time upgrades for quality wouldn't change root beer floats and lemonade into champagne :lol: It would still look folksy, just be a better experience for their guests. And really not that much more cost. They just don't seem to care about putting extra effort into making things nice for other people.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing without any covering on the tables and just plopping out a bunch of sheet cakes with some disposable plates and utensils is so minimalist that I think it was thought out that way by someone. It's as if Jim Bob deliberately made it as bare bones as possible as a statement.

:o This woman is the more successful version of Jill Rodrigues.

Jinger has morphed herself into some other person.

Marci is totally trying to hook her son up with fundie royalty; Bates or Duggar, I don't think it matters much to her.

And David and Priscilla have a coupley vanity plate for their car! Dav N Cil! Ah, Pecan Thief, he never disappoints when I need a laugh.

So much snarkworthy material in the most recent pics! Put me in the "dear-god-please-no" group if it comes to a Creeper Cooper/Jinger union. Pickles & Hairspray seems strongly convinced that it isn't a thing, but he's in soooo many pictures, and he has his *gasp* arm around our Jinger in the one photo!

Michelle's dress -- even worse now that we see it full length. She does look she's wrapped in tin foil, possibly alternating with crepe paper and then some kind of odd duct tape almost but not quite strangling her on the top. Like a pig in a blanket, really.

The peach ribbons -- seem to symbolize uterine cancer. Not good.

ETA: His mom took the pictures - of course he is in a lot of them. But still. And to clarify: if the peach ribbons are for Derick's mom, that is not a good diagnosis for her. I hope she beats it!

Doing without any covering on the tables and just plopping out a bunch of sheet cakes with some disposable plates and utensils is so minimalist that I think it was thought out that way by someone. It's as if Jim Bob deliberately made it as bare bones as possible as a statement.

After all; JimBob did not get to his millionaire status by spending money!!! No need for table cloths when there a tables, cake is cake, bottom shelf root beer is good enough for floats...Ugh.

I think the peach ribbons were just to coordinate with Jill's colors. Although is they were representative of someone with Uterine cancer, I hope it is to cheer on a survivor.

I'm partial to the peach awareness ribbon...I'm a survivor myself. 23 months and counting.

I think the photographs are of the staging area and not the actual reception. The rows of sheet cakes are on rectangular tables in a room with cement floors (if I were to guess, I would say it was a Children's Center.)

It looks like the reception was in this room: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater with round tables, table cloths, flowers and wood floors.

I think the peach ribbons were just to coordinate with Jill's colors. Although is they were representative of someone with Uterine cancer, I hope it is to cheer on a survivor.

I'm partial to the peach awareness ribbon...I'm a survivor myself. 23 months and counting.

Congrats on your two year (almost) remission!

I think the peach ribbons here are for the house party - almost everyone photographed with a ribbon changed into casual clothes to stage the reception.

I can't believe no one else has mentioned this little gem, captioning picture # 106:

Jill & Derick wanted everyone to hear the gospel so after they left before they dismissed everyone, the Pastor did an extraordinary job presenting the path to Jesus!

Normally when the bride and groom leave the ceremony and go get pictures taken, everyone else is treated to a cocktail hour. I'd be royally pissed if I were at a wedding and got a sermon instead. At least they should have had to sit through it too! :lol:

Edited to add: And what's with captioning every picture of Pecan Thief with "(ATI Director)"? That's just weird.....

Wow, I've heard of cheap. We jokingly refer to ourselves as "cheap"; we've had a couple of bouts of unemployment, so we're careful with money. At the same time, millionaires serving off-brand root beer to their guests is disgusting. Are they kidding?

Let's see here: All labor was allegedly "volunteer". They served (I'm guessing) Sam's sheet cakes, some (homebaked) cupcakes, cookies, powdered lemonade as evidenced by the photos the day before of the Sam's haul, root beer floats, and they were so afraid to spend a few extra dollars that they didn't even spring for good ingredients? The chances are good that the entire reception cost less than $1500, especially since they didn't bother with table coverings or any of the things that would make such an occasion special. Oh, yeah: The guests could offset the $1.50 each by throwing "a buck in the truck" on the way out afterwards.

Unbelievable.

I can't believe no one else has mentioned this little gem, captioning picture # 106:

Jill & Derick wanted everyone to hear the gospel so after they left before they dismissed everyone, the Pastor did an extraordinary job presenting the path to Jesus!

Normally when the bride and groom leave the ceremony and go get pictures taken, everyone else is treated to a cocktail hour. I'd be royally pissed if I were at a wedding and got a sermon instead. At least they should have had to sit through it too! :lol:

Edited to add: And what's with captioning every picture of Pecan Thief with "(ATI Director)"? That's just weird.....

Excuse me? Seriously? That's offensive. You've invited guests to a wedding. It's not an appropriate occasion for an altar call.

The Pecan Thief wants everyone to know how important he is. WHEN is TLC (and their advertisers) going to start noticing this crap?

1. An altar call is not appropriate for a wedding ceremony

2. They invited 2000 of their closest ATI friends. An alter call in this instance seems pretty redundant. They've all been drilled about the path to Jesus since birth.

Yes, I saw that last night, too, and thought about how pissed I'd be if, after the couple leaves, I am stuck in a pew as a captive audience. So inappropriate. I also wonder, though, how many people there were their version of "unsaved."

I'd rather a short alter call than a Botkin wedding sermon, though....

Haha. Loving that Pistol Pete cake.

This in my opinion is the best decorated cake of the whole wedding.

An altar call and the attendees held hostage at an ATI wedding! That's the truly unnecessary. I wonder if anyone was "saved?" Of course, I've been to a couple fundie funerals with altar calls and everyone kind of gave a blank stare.

This is the photo that made me think that they served from bare tables. There are cut pieces of cake on plates and lined up sheet cakes on tables with no covering and what looks like wedding guests. facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=431489700324818&set=pb.100003913743378.-2207520000.1406137912.&type=3&permPage=1

:o This woman is the more successful version of Jill Rodrigues.

Jinger has morphed herself into some other person.

Marci is totally trying to hook her son up with fundie royalty; Bates or Duggar, I don't think it matters much to her.

And David and Priscilla have a coupley vanity plate for their car! Dav N Cil! Ah, Pecan Thief, he never disappoints when I need a laugh.

If you need a good laugh, make sure you check out David's latest blog post. He's wearing a black cowboy hat in half the pictures. Very Broke Back Mountain. ;)

I can't get to Marci's wedding pics anymore, but maybe it's just me. Or do you think they read here? :shock:

Found these though... proof that they haven't settled yet on the object of potential affection. :lol:

post-10046-14451999251267_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999251821_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999252188_thumb.jpg

Gosh it must get expensive to be taking trips with potential in laws all summer. :twisted:

BeaSnarky, so glad to hear about your remission, I hope you continue to feel well and be healthy. :)

Seriously, though, what was the point of preaching after the new couple left? This is the only genuine case of preaching to the choir that I've ever heard of. Like tralala said, why bother with this when the guests are all devout fundamentalists as it is? :wtf:

About the cheapness of the wedding, I could see letting volunteers help make the goodies. I'm sure there are enough Duggar leghumpers and fundie social climbers out there that the Duggars probably had no shortage of volunteers who were willing to help bake and set up the wedding (I'm personally convinced Jill Rodrigues would have made every cupcake there if any Duggar had simply asked). But I agree that quality of ingredients should matter for such a big day, and it would have been nice to see more home-baked cakes and regular drinks instead of sheet cakes, off-brand root beer and lemonade mixes.

And for crying out loud, there should have at least been decent table coverings, centerpieces and decorations. Ugh, Jim Bob, why are you so cheap?! :disgust:

I wanted to add that a lot of preachers nowadays seem to take a lot of inappropriate liberties at both weddings and funerals. There's a whole thread about the funerals here, and I've seen preachers at both events stage a call to the altar. It never seems to occur to them weddings and funerals are not the appropriate occasions to do this.

Ugh, the new manic expression, forced smile and overdone make-up,

I keep seeing a young Tammy Fay Baker.

Either Facebook is broken or Mrs. Dauer took the pics off.

Also, why has no one mentioned the picture of the "reminders" that your private life is for your public ministry. So, that's what's up with Jim Bob and Michelle ilking it up all the time! It's their ministry!!! :angry-banghead:

Yes, I saw that last night, too, and thought about how pissed I'd be if, after the couple leaves, I am stuck in a pew as a captive audience. So inappropriate. I also wonder, though, how many people there were their version of "unsaved."

I'd rather a short alter call than a Botkin wedding sermon, though....

If I were a guest, I wouldn't have been upset, I just would have gotten up and left after I saw the wedding was over and it was just preaching. Unless the food and cake was after the preaching, then I would have walked around outside a bit until the food was being served. I don't know why people would just sit there if they're not interested.

Ugh, the new manic expression, forced smile and overdone make-up,

I keep seeing a young Tammy Fay Baker.

I really hope Jinger DOESNT start courting soon, so things will calm down and she can find herself before she's stuck in a Fundy wife role with all the pressure to be perfect. She's only twenty now, and I'd like to see her wait until at least 24 before getting married.

On the other hand, I think Jana marrying now would be okay for her, since she seems to have a better idea who she is, and I see her knowing what she wants.

I think the cake was being pre-cut and put on plates prior to the service, that's why there were no tablecloths, etc. it also seemed that the courtyard area OUTSIDE was being prepped for the reception and not the inside which was a "staging area," per some of the photo captions.

I can't get to Marci's wedding pics anymore, but maybe it's just me. Or do you think they read here? :shock:

Found these though... proof that they haven't settled yet on the object of potential affection. :lol:

[attachment=2]10444752_424850517655403_839550317815614822_n.jpg[/attachment]

Gosh it must get expensive to be taking trips with potential in laws all summer. :twisted:

That boy has sure got himself a pair of slutty arms! I don't think I want him anywhere near my avatar.

Unless she really, really likes him. :cry:

If I were a guest, I wouldn't have been upset, I just would have gotten up and left after I saw the wedding was over and it was just preaching. Unless the food and cake was after the preaching, then I would have walked around outside a bit until the food was being served. I don't know why people would just sit there if they're not interested.

Unless they only let people file out by row, beginning with the family in the front. That's how some very large fundie weddings are managed, so there isn't a big traffic jam of people getting loud talking and laughing by the doors waiting to go through the receiving line. I can see them doing a sermon thing before they let people file out, and playing ATI music over the speakers the whole time the rest of the guests are waiting for their turn to walk out of the sanctuary. Back rows = prison sentence, except for a kind of fashion show of the other guests' wedding outfits as they walk by. :lol:

Archived