IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

That's why I usually try to sit on an end away from the center so I can escape through a side door if necessary.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably would have sat through the altar call so as to be polite, but my poor, grumbling stomach would likely be wondering when we get to eat. :lol:

Yeeeeah, I'm all about the wedding food. :dance:

1. An altar call is not appropriate for a wedding ceremony

2. They invited 2000 of their closest ATI friends. An alter call in this instance seems pretty redundant. They've all been drilled about the path to Jesus since birth.

I photographed a wedding earlier where the officiant spoke a little bit about Jesus. It certainly wasn't an alter call, it was just a few words. I don't think it would have offended anyone, none of that 'raise your hand" or "come forward" stuff. It was the first time I ever saw anything like that at a wedding. What Jill and Derrick did sounds much worse.

Unless they only let people file out by row, beginning with the family in the front. That's how some very large fundie weddings are managed, so there isn't a big traffic jam of people getting loud talking and laughing by the doors waiting to go through the receiving line. I can see them doing a sermon thing before they let people file out, and playing ATI music over the speakers the whole time the rest of the guests are waiting for their turn to walk out of the sanctuary. Back rows = prison sentence, except for a kind of fashion show of the other guests' wedding outfits as they walk by. :lol:

I don't think they can make you stay there, that wouldn't be legal! Even if the preacher had the chutzpah to yell at you "Hey sir/ma'am, where are you going?", you just say "Sorry, I'd like to stay but I can't", no need to specify, and keep going.

Unless I came there specifically as a Fundy wedding crasher, was somewhat disguised, and could keep a straight face, then I'd yell out "I have DIARRHEA!" Personally, I couldn't keep a straight face though.

Marci Monte Dauer (Bates tour guide earlier this month in San Francisco) has a TON of pics from the wedding up on her public fb page. Included: full length shot of Mullet's gown (she wore the long version of Kelly's dress and looks HORRIBLE!), pics of the food (tacky, Boob didn't even spring for PAPER tablecloths), grocery store sheet cakes and a Rice Krispy treat pyramid with a little heart in the side.

AND a pic of Cooper Dauer with BinBob (why? they don't run in the same circles) and another with his arm around Jinger's shoulder (maybe they're going to be future brothers-in-law)!!! :pink-shock:

YES!! Thank you for making me feel not just as crazy for wondering about Cooper and Jinger after those photos! Just found it intriguing and also there seemed to be loads of Marci and Jinger... Future mother in law???

YES!! Thank you for making me feel not just as crazy for wondering about Cooper and Jinger after those photos! Just found it intriguing and also there seemed to be loads of Marci and Jinger... Future mother in law???

That's what I've been saying as well. But others seem to think the Dauer family are just stalkers :lol:

If that Cooper ends up with either Jinger or Carlin he will be seriously batting above his average. He makes my skin crawl just looking at him. I have a funny feeling he is going to be a cross between Benboob, Smuggar and Pricilla's Husband, David Waller (?)

Ewwww just ewww.

Going through the pictures, it's completely cracking me up that they used off-brand root beer and name brand pickles.... :lol:

This in my opinion is the best decorated cake of the whole wedding.

It's also custom, so potentially the most expensive part of the whole wedding.

also which one is Cooper?

He's the only non family dude that Jinger took a pic with. His parents also took a pic with Jinger. All. By. Herself. Did I mention Cooper also took a pic with Jinger. All.By. Herself. That means no other Duggar was in the picture :whistle:

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster!

I think I have a lead on this.

Welcome! Oh my goodness, you're right. They're a family made in fundie heaven. Former drug users? Almost had an abortion? Went all in to have several more kids before she's 25? I truly hope the Duggars treat them kindly in a friends way and not a charity way.

I don't think Jinger looks bad. Yes, the tanner is a bit much. The makeup, though, is hard to say in a photo, because lots of women add lighter eyeshadow or highlighter like that and it looks fine until someone uses a flash or the sunlight hits you at just the right angle. I bet her makeup looked nice in person. The shininess of it reminds me of the celebs who have been photographed on the red carpet with HD powder awkwardness.

I cannot find the wedding pics on Marci's FB? Are they still there???

Nope, the wedding album and all eleventy-billion of her photos are gone. You know what that means?

Hey Marci! Welcome to FJ.

About the cheapness of the wedding, I could see letting volunteers help make the goodies. I'm sure there are enough Duggar leghumpers and fundie social climbers out there that the Duggars probably had no shortage of volunteers who were willing to help bake and set up the wedding (I'm personally convinced Jill Rodrigues would have made every cupcake there if any Duggar had simply asked). But I agree that quality of ingredients should matter for such a big day, and it would have been nice to see more home-baked cakes and regular drinks instead of sheet cakes, off-brand root beer and lemonade mixes.

And for crying out loud, there should have at least been decent table coverings, centerpieces and decorations. Ugh, Jim Bob, why are you so cheap?! :disgust:

I don't see anything inherently wrong with having a homemade reception; after all, catering is one of the most significant costs in an average wedding. However, you can have homemade done on the cheap without it being cheap. There's the quality of ingredients, and the fact that the food should be homemade, not store-bought. I also think the homemade, DIY feel clashes with the rest of the wedding. It's the kind of thing more appropriate to an intimate wedding in your parents' backyard with a handful of close friends and family than a mega-church ceremony with over a thousand guests. Jill's dress is also over-the-top for a casual homemade reception (though it fits right into the ceremony); I'm not saying she should have gone for a t-shirt dress, but a tea-length frock would have been more appropriate to the type of reception they threw.

In short, the whole thing looks like they pulled out all the stops for themselves and didn't care about the guests.

Nope, the wedding album and all eleventy-billion of her photos are gone. You know what that means?

Hey Marci! Welcome to FJ.

AAAAAnnnnnnddddd coffee just came out of my nose.

*waves at Marci*

I agree with several of you all about Jinger and Cooper. As strange as they may look together, I have never seen Jinger pose in so many solo photos with other people. He had his arm around her! J'boob wouldnt even let Derrick do that with Jill when they were in Nepal and preciousJessa couldnt even be touched by Bin until their courtship was official. I think it is a secret courtship that will be revealed next season along with Jessa's engagement.

Jill moves from engaged to married, jessa moves from courting to engaged, jinger moves from single to courting & Poor Jana is dancing in the background because she doesn't have to get married yet!

Those pics with cooper and carlin looked awfully couple-y too, but Jinger posed with HIS FAMILY.

I bet you that's why Marci scrubbed everything, is because the solo pictures of Jinger and Cooper. Months ago, there was a picture leaked here where Jill and Derick were in a photo together, and he had his arm around her. Those two were well on their way to heading downt he aisle by that point. Maybe Jinger and Cooper have a courtship in the making.

I agree with several of you all about Jinger and Cooper. As strange as they may look together, I have never seen Jinger pose in so many solo photos with other people. He had his arm around her! J'boob wouldnt even let Derrick do that with Jill when they were in Nepal and preciousJessa couldnt even be touched by Bin until their courtship was official. I think it is a secret courtship that will be revealed next season along with Jessa's engagement.

Jill moves from engaged to married, jessa moves from courting to engaged, jinger moves from single to courting & Poor Jana is dancing in the background because she doesn't have to get married yet!

Those pics with cooper and carlin looked awfully couple-y too, but Jinger posed with HIS FAMILY.

I'm thinking (and hoping I guess) that the pictures were taken because cooper caught Jinger alone without Bob in sight, and Jinger thought she was supposed to stay sweet instead of say "no".

Don't do it Jin-Jin! You're too good for him! This is not the way to freedom.

I think something is fishy about this though, because she didn't take down any of her other albums (such as the other mega Duggar album or the Bates album) or even adjust the privacy settings on her page. Just deleted the wedding album. So it was something in that album. She did 'like' a comment on the Jinger + Cooper alone photo that said something like: A possible option for Cooper?

I idly speculate 'special friendship' or 'dating with a purpose' or whatever they try to call it these days.

Jinger and Creeper sittin' in a tree, s-i-d-e-h-u-g-g-i-n-g.

I think something is fishy about this though, because she didn't take down any of her other albums (such as the other mega Duggar album or the Bates album) or even adjust the privacy settings on her page. Just deleted the wedding album. So it was something in that album. She did 'like' a comment on the Jinger + Cooper alone photo that said something like: A possible option for Cooper?

I idly speculate 'special friendship' or 'dating with a purpose' or whatever they try to call it these days.

Jinger and Creeper sittin' in a tree, s-i-d-e-h-u-g-g-i-n-g.

Creeper is the perfect nickname for him. I am open to the possibility that he might actually be cool in real life (for a Fundy), but from the little I've seen of him, he's a creeper.

The first time we ever saw Cooper was because he appeared in a photo with Jinger at the Duggar church last year.

But he does seem to put his arm around everyone.

Archived