IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell delivered Andrew

Dru

I'm surprised that the Maxwell "children" are allowed to belong to Google+ circles.

My assumption is that Sarah and Jesse have emails for their work, and that gmail have automatically added them to Google+. I was pretty shocked myself when I saw them. John-Marie uses his pages to promote his business.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the older ones all have email addresses. I seem to remember that Mary just got one in the last few years. Before that she shared w/ a sibling or her parents.

Anna Marie strikes me as being very sweet and humble, but also a woman that literally has no concept of anything other than submissive fundie wife and mother. She has likely been taught all of this from birth. I get the impression that she genuinely loves her life as a fundie and wouldn't have it any other way. I don't really get rabid vibes from her, but I could be wrong. I think she would be more likely to excuse herself from "ungodly" situations with a polite demeanor and an honest explanation of why she couldn't partake rather than address her grievances in an aggressive and hostile way.

While I definitely think she's quite satisfied with her life and has no cause to want to rock the status quo (unlike Nate and Melanie, who despite their fanatical words (well, his), seem to be gently pushing up against the boundaries), anyone who can write these kinds of things about soap is definitely somewhere off the deep end:

hamiltonfamilyfarms.com/Soap.html

She's all about DEATH!

I can't pick up that hamiltonfarm link where the article in soap is. Can anyone elaborate?

Here you go. Remember, she is talking about soap. She and Steve are really made for each other.

Thoughts on Cleansing

One day while stirring a batch of soap, I had some thoughts that I would like to share with you. May I?

We use soap because we realize that we are dirty and need cleansing, and know that we need soap and water to be clean. Similarly, the psalmist David, whom God calls “a man after His own heart,†(1 Samuel 13:14) saw a need for his heart to be cleansed from sin when he penned, “Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.†(Psalms 51:2)

What about you? Is your heart clean before God? Have you ever lied, even once? Or have you ever stolen anything (the value is irrelevant)? Have you ever had hateful thoughts toward another person? Jesus said that hating someone is like murdering them in your heart. (Matthew 5:21-22) If you said yes to the above questions, you are by your own admission a lying, thieving, murderer at heart; and that is how God sees you. Will you be innocent or guilty on the Day of Judgment? If guilty, you are deserving of hell, a place of torment and eternal separation from God.

Please listen to your conscience, and don’t allow yourself to be fooled into the common notion that God will overlook your sins because you do good things and you try to do what is right. God says that all our righteousness is in His eyes as filthiness (Psalms 53:3; Isaiah 64:6). Our perceived “goodness†is nothing to place our hope of salvation in! Think of it this way: If you were charged with a crime and were to stand before a judge, do you think that you could escape your deserved punishment by telling the judge you knew he was a good person and would forgive you? Of course not! Because he is good, he will see to it that you receive the punishment you deserve. In the same way, God, the Judge of the universe, will not overlook your sin, because of His goodness. He must punish liars, thieves, murderers, etc. “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable , and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death†(Rev. 21:8).

Achieving True Cleanliness

Suppose that you are found guilty of very serious crimes and your fine is $250,000 or imprisonment, but your funds would in no way meet the demand. The judge is about to pass sentence, when someone you don’t even know steps up to the judge and pays your fine for you. That is exactly what Jesus did about 2000 years ago, when He took your punishment upon Himself, suffering and dying for your sin. Then He rose from the dead, defeating death, so that you could have eternal life with Him. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.†(Rom. 5:8-10)

It is only by repenting of your sin and placing your full trust in Jesus Christ that you can be cleansed from your sins and receive the gift of eternal life. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.†(1 John 1:9) Please don’t wait another day-- it may be too late, “for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.†(Matthew 25:13) Then feast on the holy, inspired Word of God, the Bible; and as you rely upon Him, He will give you the strength to obey what you read.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I pray that you experience the cleansing which only comes through Jesus.

Because of Christ,

~Anna

Sarah blogged today about the kindness of one of Melanie's nurses, a female

Does it occur to the Maxwells that these female nurses, doctors, cafeteria workers, lab techs, etc., are all contributing to Melanie, and Baby Max's well being?

They don't approve of working women, yet they have no problem benefiting from working women.

How do they justify this in their itsy, bitsy little pea brains, I wonder?

Sarah blogged today about the kindness of one of Melanie's nurses, a female

Does it occur to the Maxwells that these female nurses, doctors, cafeteria workers, lab techs, etc., are all contributing to Melanie, and Baby Max's well being?

They don't approve of working women, yet they have no problem benefiting from working women.

How do they justify this in their itsy, bitsy little pea brains, I wonder?

I don't get their logic either! I mean they teach the younger generation how wrong it is to work outside the home yet when they visit mommy in the hospital they will see working women. If they ask will they say they r volunteers?

Wow..all that while she stirred the soap?! Steve can't have believed his luck when he found her!! Any other treasures from that old site? Also anyone know if her family has a blog or a Facebook??

I don't get their logic either! I mean they teach the younger generation how wrong it is to work outside the home yet when they visit mommy in the hospital they will see working women. If they ask will they say they r volunteers?

Isn't one of Melanie's sisters a nurse? And didn't Melanie and Nathan attend her graduation party *with* the kids?

Personally I like to think that Melanie was so damn excited to be having lunch with anyone but the other Maxwells (whom she sees all the time) that this turned out to be a red-letter day for her. (when the nurse asked her to eat lunch outside at the picnic table)

We’re grateful for the nurses and doctor who are taking wonderful care of Melanie and Baby.

You know what you should also be grateful for, Maxwells? The parents of those doctors and nurses who allowed their children to get a good well rounded education rather than teach them the bare minimum to get by. Gave them their freedom and let them go to college to learn medicine, rather than lock them at home to keep them safe from "wordy influences". Parents who understood one can have a life both inside and outside the family, rather than discourage their sons and daughters to be things like doctors, nurses and paramedics, since it would take away time from the family. That these doctors and nurses do not judge who is and is not worthy of treatment based on their lifestyle choices. Be thankful for that too!

I’m grateful for our founding fathers who saw how important liberty is.

And I'm sorry, your egotistical father with an unending need for control has robbed you any liberty Sarah.

OK, I had PROM (Premature Rupture of Membrane aka early water break), much earlier in the game than this but-- I was flat on my back the whole time. WHen we read about zsu zsu (Mrs Pissisng Preacher's) pregancny, she said they had patched the placenta... when I had it, that was not an option. What I'm seeing in her pictures were not allowed when I was trying to salvage the pregnancy-- I was flat on my back, tilted up a bit for meals, but not ever sitting up as pictured. I had a lying down shower on a guerney, while they were hoping that the break might heal/reseal on its own.

Did she have a patch, like zsu zsu (sp?) did?

I am surprised they are letting her sit up that much.

The clothing looks like a shirt over her hospital gown.

RE People in the room doing bible quizzes. would not have happened in my lifetime. I didn't tell anyone other than my family and only them because I was supposed to be flying out with my sister that week. Inlaws never knew about this, nor did coworkers etc. The one other time I was admitted into a hospital, only husband (who was out of town) knew about it. When I"m sick, I don't want people around.

I finally went to the blog and looked at the pictures, and I have the same reaction as salex! I stayed with a friend who had PROM and she also was not able to sit up. She could recline at about a 20-degree angle, but sitting up was not allowed. My friend stayed in her hospital gown. To see Melanie sitting up wearing her own clothes is weirding me out.

Yeah I'm confused. Her water broke a week ago....but I thought if your water broke then the baby needed to come out within 24 hours or so? Where did I hear that?

Yeah I'm confused. Her water broke a week ago....but I thought if your water broke then the baby needed to come out within 24 hours or so? Where did I hear that?

I thought that, too. Heck having low amniotic fluid is grounds for inducing.

It depends on where the leak is coming from, sometimes (with extreme bed rest) the sac can heal itself, so long as there is no infection risk to the baby.

Usually if a woman is full term she will go into labor on her own. The more they check her internally, the more of a risk for infection there is. So they will often want to induce if labor hasn't started on its own.

But since she is early they will keep her on bedrest as long as there is no infection or distress, and give steroids to help the baby's lungs be ready. They are probably giving her antibiotics too. They will probably induce her once they think it's safe enough.

It's one of those it depends things. If baby is term or close to term, induction is usually done within 24 to 48 hours. If it's pre-term and 35 weeks or more, the doctors will likely strongly suggest induction within 48 hours, but they can't force mom to induce. Melanie hadn't quite reached 35 weeks so they wouldn't push inducing quite so hard. The water breaking doesn't automatically mean low amniotic fluid. The body is constantly producing amniotic fluid. Low amniotic fluid by itself is a different issue. Also if it's a slow drip of a leak they're more likely to let the pregnancy continue than if it was a big tear.

Thanks for the info about the water breaking thing. I was under impression that Melanie was going to have to give birth right away.

It occurred to me that all of their children's names have 3 syllables. Wonder if this was intentional. If so (and they want to continue the trend), then what might they choose for the baby? I think a name beginning with "D" may pose a bit of challenge. Perhaps Benjamin or Timothy?

It occurred to me that all of their children's names have 3 syllables. Wonder if this was intentional. If so (and they want to continue the trend), then what might they choose for the baby? I think a name beginning with "D" may pose a bit of challenge. Perhaps Benjamin or Timothy?

Never realize that about the names! I also wonder if they will continue.

Demetri ? Dominic ? Dorian ?

Thanks for the info about the water breaking thing. I was under impression that Melanie was going to have to give birth right away.

While they keep the baby in her, as long as is safe and the vital signs are all good for both mommy and baby, its a good time for them to do certain things to her, like give her drugs to help develop the baby's lungs. So when the eventual, likely premature birth happens, the baby will be in better shape. That is what they did to a friend of mine. My friend actually had a micro premie, a la Josie Duggar.

Demetri ? Dominic ? Dorian ?

Dakota? Donovan? Damocles?

Archived