IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell delivered Andrew

Dru

Did anyone else notice the Hello Kitty coloring pages on the wall next to Melanie's chart board?

Innnnnteresting.

From the caption I kinda think the hospital might have provided them [sMIRKING FACE]

If not, interesting indeed.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if the hospital provided the Hello Kitty colouring pages, it's interesting that the girls were allowed to use them. Unless whomever was supervising had no idea what Hello Kitty was.

Even if the hospital provided the Hello Kitty colouring pages, it's interesting that the girls were allowed to use them. Unless whomever was supervising had no idea what Hello Kitty was.

Watch out -- that will be the next Maxwell venture. They will start making children's coloring books and distributing them to local hospitals (complete with 5 pages of tracts distributed throughout each book). Oh, the fun they (we!) could have with that! LOL. Chorepaks, cleaning ceiling fans, burrito making, washing Uriah -- the possibilities are endless.

So, based on Samaritan's rules of membership, Doug Phillips and Gothard would qualify for their services. Do these people not have a problem funding THAT kind of lifestyle?!?

Also, I love how Nathan is quoted as saying he believes in personal responsibility while he lets others pay for his astronomical medical bills. By the time Melanie returns home this time she could have amassed close to half a million dollars worth of medical bills over all her pregnancies. It just doesn't scream "personal responsibility" to me when they let others take on that expense. Not t mention the disregard for her personal health each time she carries a child.

I wonder how many of the other participants in Samaritan Ministries have limited the number of children they have because of expenses, including their monthly Samaritan donations. Something to think about Nathan and Melanie...

If they knew, I'm sure Steve would consider Hello Kitty an idol. He wouldn't be too off the mark; I've heard there are total Hello Kitty fanatics. :shifty-kitty:

Hello Kitty fanatics

I have a Hello Kitty fanatic in my social circle. She has shoes, a toaster, and is on her second boombox. :banana-rock: :clapping: :character-beavisbutthead:

Are you talking about this Carrie? Who has an amniotic embolism and almost died? And whose baby died?

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/664/Ca ... 7ICXa69KSM

She was what brought a lot of us to fj.

I had a friend named Carrie who died of an amniotic embolism and died this January. She was in a hospital and everything. It still makes me sad.

New post: Nate and Melanie toured the NICU in case they need it, Stevus and Teri dropped in to visit and brought Chipotle, Uncle Jesse and Aunt Mary babysat the girls. I would think Nate and Mel have seen the NICU enough times to remember it.

It was also a special time.

Everything is a special time to these people. :roll:

Slightly off-topic, but I wasn't sure if it was worth starting a new Maxwell thread...

I was browsing through some old Maxwell posts (I know, I know... my life must be sooo boring if I spend what little free time I have doing this!) and realized that Anna Marie's family seems to have closed down their farm in Washigton... at least that's what it says on their website hamiltonfamilyfarms.com...

Has anyone got any news on that? Since the wedding back in 2010, there has been absolutely NO MENTION of Anna Marie's family, not even when she gave birth to both Joshua and Ruthanne. I have the feeling that good ol' Stevie has managed to get poor Anna Marie and her family estranged!

Slightly off-topic, but I wasn't sure if it was worth starting a new Maxwell thread...

I was browsing through some old Maxwell posts (I know, I know... my life must be sooo boring if I spend what little free time I have doing this!) and realized that Anna Marie's family seems to have closed down their farm in Washigton... at least that's what it says on their website hamiltonfamilyfarms.com...

Has anyone got any news on that? Since the wedding back in 2010, there has been absolutely NO MENTION of Anna Marie's family, not even when she gave birth to both Joshua and Ruthanne. I have the feeling that good ol' Stevie has managed to get poor Anna Marie and her family estranged!

I hope that's not the case and they are just respecting her family's privacy.

They did mention at some point during that first year of marriage (I think) that Anna and Christopher visited her family. There was also a cute picture of Anna's sister doing push-ups with a stuffed animal on her back when Nathan started his exercise blog (since abandoned).

Someone here found a blog (or FB?) that showed a wedding on Anna's side of the family that she, Christopher and Joshua attended (Anna was a bridesmaid).

All this to say, I think (hope) it's more a matter of the Maxwell's keeping the blog all in the (their) family, rather than talking much about other families.

Oh, and I think the family farm was not much more than some goats that Anna made goat's milk soap from.

Anybody, correct me if I'm wrong about that.

kpmom, I think you are right about the farm only being Anna's goats.

I agree, Steve probably isn't interested in showing too many non-immediate family members. I'm surprised Dave and Liz are ever even mentioned.

I think Anna's family still does something farm related in WA. I think her brother is still part of the farmers market. One brother had a pic of him with baby Joshua so we know they visit, it's just NEVER mentioned on the maxwell blog. And they flew to WA to go to get brothers wedding. I imagine her mom has visited her but Steve doesn't like to talk about others.

How much is it that Stevovah doesn't like to acknowledge this in-laws, and how is it that the in-laws want privacy.

And, whatever happened to the potential suitor who had the irrigation business?

How much is it that Stevovah doesn't like to acknowledge this in-laws, and how is it that the in-laws want privacy.

And, whatever happened to the potential suitor who had the irrigation business?

John Marie. I've wondered about him, too. He would have been the right age for Anna. I think Steve just doesn't want to let any of the girls go.

John Marie. I've wondered about him, too. He would have been the right age for Anna. I think Steve just doesn't want to let any of the girls go.

I'd forgotten about John Marie, though he did leave a few comments for Davey on his blog. :wink-penguin:

I think they call in on John Marie's family when they go on the 'what some would call a vacation' trip or when they are on tour. He did turn up the other Christmas, but for all we know he could still be visiting, but Stevie decides not to tell us, as he has been discussed here quite a bit.

Watch out -- that will be the next Maxwell venture. They will start making children's coloring books and distributing them to local hospitals (complete with 5 pages of tracts distributed throughout each book). Oh, the fun they (we!) could have with that! LOL. Chorepaks, cleaning ceiling fans, burrito making, washing Uriah -- the possibilities are endless.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't thought of Moody coloring books, yet.

I think he gave up.

With the amount of time he was getting on the blog, I have little doubt he was trying to court Anna. I'm gussing when the subject came up about how he intended making his living and he said "in Idaho where I have my business" and not "relocating to Kansas" SteveThe Lord laid it upon her heart this was not the one god chosen for her.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't thought of Moody coloring books, yet.

Cue the product roll out in three...two...one...

John-Marie and Jesse Maxwell are in each other's circles on Google+ (is that the right terminology?). Some of other Maxwell siblings are also floating around on Google+. I think Jesse and JM have a professional relationship as Jesse was doing the webdesign for JM's company.

ETA: Anna's brother Mike Hamilton is in Sarah's circle.

John-Marie and Jesse Maxwell are in each other's circles on Google+ (is that the right terminology?). Some of other Maxwell siblings are also floating around on Google+. I think Jesse and JM have a professional relationship as Jesse was doing the webdesign for JM's company.

I was shocked to see Nathan has SIXTEEN friends. That is like 14 more than I thought there would be.

On the subject of Anna Marie someone on here mentioned her family has a Facebook I'm fascinated by Anna I can't decide. If she's as sweet as she looks or underneath it all she is one of those aggressive fundies who will absolutely preserve the way of life

I'm surprised that the Maxwell "children" are allowed to belong to Google+ circles.

Anna Marie strikes me as being very sweet and humble, but also a woman that literally has no concept of anything other than submissive fundie wife and mother. She has likely been taught all of this from birth. I get the impression that she genuinely loves her life as a fundie and wouldn't have it any other way. I don't really get rabid vibes from her, but I could be wrong. I think she would be more likely to excuse herself from "ungodly" situations with a polite demeanor and an honest explanation of why she couldn't partake rather than address her grievances in an aggressive and hostile way.

I was shocked to see Nathan has SIXTEEN friends. That is like 14 more than I thought there would be.

And more than half of those 14 are NOT a member of the Maxwell clan! How ungodly! :o

Archived