IGNORED

LOLDOUG

Guest purposing

Corntree said:
can these people just once NOT make something sound epically epic?

No. No, they can't:

1105456962_Oct.262011.jpg.e9d1d9e642b4c0b5e1b3a1c015db7651.jpg

6283127395_11bce1e3f9_z.jpg

Sorry so blurry -I had to take a teeny pic and enlarge it. But that is our Dougie on the left.

Edited by thoughtful
restoring picture

No. No, they can't:

6283127395_11bce1e3f9_z.jpg

Sorry so blurry -I had to take a teeny pic and enlarge it. But that is our Dougie on the left.

And Dougie goes on to think:

I want that cap. How can I get this guy to give me his cap and then believe that he's giving it to me to worship God?

And Dougie goes on to think:

I want that cap. How can I get this guy to give me his cap and then believe that he's giving it to me to worship God?

"Sir, let me tell you this: as Christ is the head of the church, so the husband is the head of the wife, and so the hat is the head of the...head. And as the head of a church, I must have the hat to have a husband's head. OK?"

"Sir, let me tell you this: as Christ is the head of the church, so the husband is the head of the wife, and so the hat is the head of the...head. And as the head of a church, I must have the hat to have a husband's head. OK?"

:lol: for both of you.

Also for the idea of Dougie saying the word "head" that many times, in all of his blithe innocence . . . :roll:

Ok, that picture of Peter Bradrick with his wife and kids in a hole is from here: cshayden.blogspot.com/2009/09/sixth-annual-2003-vision-forum-intern.html There's a picture of Peter digging the hole and then the one with his family in it; the captions are, respectively, "Patriarchy in action: Peter digs a resting spot for his bride," and "This was the end result after fortifications were added to protect Kelly and the lads against the onslaught of crashing waves." I mean, it was a nice thing to do and all, but can these people just once NOT make something sound epically epic?

That struck me more as a "Honey, stay here while I romp in the ocean with my manly friends!"

Back before the 2008 election, Doug did link to a blog post and I believe that he had an excerpt from someone else's blog that said that it would be an abomination to have a woman as our federal head.

They have confused two different Calvinist doctrines and merged them into one. Male headship (the man being the head of the woman which is used elsewhere in Scripture to describe orientation and not control of rulership) and federal headship (that sin entered mankind through one man who was Adam making him our covenant head or representative for the race). From the merging of these two doctrines, they seem to view the office of the president as a covenant headship position (spiritualizing a secular position in a free state without a state religion).

When they said that Palin would be the covenant head of the nation, I guess that literally would have made her the federal federal head if she and McCain had won.

The cap thing makes good sense and follows the same logic and made up doctrine that they blended together.

ETA: Here's the goofy quote about the federal federal head (what he calls the "political covenant head"), as I called it. Did you know that the US had a political covenant head? I didn't. I thought that we had a president that was the head of the executive branch of our republic which operates using a democratic process. A theocracy might have a "political covenant head." But we don't have a theocracy. Our founders didn't even ratify a state church.

You can find it here: visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2008/09/4326/

Bret McAtee: “While Christians must continue to insist that it is against Scripture to vote for a female magistrate as our political covenant head, we must at the same time insist that Palin is right about many of the issues on which she has taken stands.â€

That picture must win the prize for "Most Gratuitous Deployment Of Dead Animal Head". It's a modern building, for Heaven's sake! I'm reminded of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast: "I use antlers in all of my decorating..."

That picture must win the prize for "Most Gratuitous Deployment Of Dead Animal Head". It's a modern building, for Heaven's sake! I'm reminded of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast: "I use antlers in all of my decorating..."

+1 :clap:

I've been far too serious today, and I'm so happy that Aurora spotted that photo from over on the NCFIC with the Doug finger on display.

I found this when I went back to find that Halloween blog in '08. It's screaming for a good caption.

IMG_3020-thumb.jpg

I've been far too serious today, and I'm so happy that Aurora spotted that photo from over on the NCFIC with the Doug finger on display.

I found this when I went back to find that Halloween blog in '08. It's screaming for a good caption.

IMG_3020-thumb.jpg

"We don't celebrate Halloween - playing dress-up is evil"?

Or "Christians don't celebrate Halloween - we play dress-up every day!"?

IMG_3020-thumb.jpg

:shock: My inner teen self thought unpure thoughts and was throughly defrauded. I will put her in the prayer closet until she can quit hooting and saying oh, I likey. Bad teen self, bad! :naughty:

Brainsample and Atheistjd, here ya go:

870436574_Oct.302011.jpg.d5ad586291629991dba3a4ce8ad12ad5.jpg

6296875448_da60536cb3_z.jpg

Edited by thoughtful
restoring picture

I cant get my caption to work but it said:

Women wear frumpers to draw attention to their countenance. I wear a knife so dougie gets a hint of what to count.

:shock: My inner teen self thought unpure thoughts and was throughly defrauded. I will put her in the prayer closet until she can quit hooting and saying oh, I likey. Bad teen self, bad! :naughty:

i feel like a dirty old woman but I am so seriously defrauded right now I need to take a cold shower.

What of the "Families Fellowship Between Sessions" photo, just under the post title at the ncfic site? That one's calling out of a clever caption, too. Everyone is so blissfully happy. :violin:

ncfic.org/weblogmodule/view/id/963/src/@random493e73d2154bd/

I cant get my caption to work but it said:

Women wear frumpers to draw attention to their countenance. I wear a knife so dougie gets a hint of what to count.

I don't think that you're supposed to wear your knife there.

Well, I can't take any credit, I'd forgotten about that conference until Ophelia started the thread! I do have LOLDOUGs on the brain lately though - every time I see a new blog picture, I start thinking of captions!

That young guy is quite defrauding. I mean, the knife hanging off his belt? not suggestive at all! :lol:

ETA: heh, Brainsample, we double posted.

That struck me more as a "Honey, stay here while I romp in the ocean with my manly friends!"

He's one ugly mofo. I feel really sorry for the kids.

edit: darn, messed up posting the image. Try here instead