Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bets on when they'll get married? I'm thinking June

i'm gonna say beginning of july.

baby due next june.

I am so happy for Jill and Derrick - I think they are perfect for eachother! As for Ben and Jessa, I think she is in love with him too - from the show it may not seem that way, but that was back in the very uncomfortable courtship proposal and all, and Ben was just really awkward with it. In all the pics Ben posts on Twitter, they look much more happy and in love - I am thinking they are engaged too. Jill kept her courtship secret for months, so I'm sure Jessa could do so with her engagement.

I don't think they are engaged. Why announce Jill's and not hers? It's really not an issue of the girls' ages or the date of the beginning of the courtship, more to do with the age of the guys. Derick is 7 years older than Ben, he's ready to be married. Ben is young and the eldest of his family, I'm sure he's very uncertain about moving forward any faster.

Josh waited until Anna was 20 to get engaged. I hope Ben waits until 19/20 until he proposes. No birth control + young marriage = kids, and he has yet to establish himself as a provider. I think they'll be engaged sooner rather than later, but I'm glad it appears to be unrushed.

HOLY COW!!!

I haven't watched the episode yet. I'm going to now. I miss a few hours on here and the thread is on part 2. I've got lots of catching up to do.

Hi, everyone! I've been following this forum for a while, but haven't had the courage to post anything yet. I am excited about Jill and Derick's future, but I'm a little confused about the courtships and TV show (since I don't watch it at all). Is the show all awkward scenes of Bessa or are Dill being featured already too? I'd be interested to watch the Dill relationship especially because it does seem as if they are both totally comfortable and in love with each other. I don't have a TV so I'm not sure how I would watch (any suggestions?) exactly ... but I also doubt I could stand to watch the whole season without way too much of this going on: :angry-banghead: + :puke-front: only to find out the airport scene is the season finale.

All of you are awesome, by the way. I think this forum probably does lead to good events happening for fundies and I've always had a soft spot for Jill.

(Random and unrelated, but I have what I'm guessing is a dumb question about Erin Paine's pregnancy and miscarriage. Do I go somewhere else for that? Hopefully in the future, I'll actually contribute to these threads instead of sticking out like a sore thumb newbie!)

Yeah, the gator place was nice, but I don't know. Hard to beat the romance of an Arby's proposal with daddy there to put on the ring. That is now my all time favorite fundy proposal. Because who among us doesn't think of Arby's when thinking of romantic dinners?

Bets on when they'll get married? I'm thinking June

That seems about right. Michelle has said in the past that they encourage short engagements because of the physical temptations.

Guest LilaFowler

I hope Jim Bob and Michelle put up the cash for Jill to have a big wedding, the wedding of her dreams. She deserves it for helping raise her brothers and sisters.

Hi, everyone! I've been following this forum for a while, but haven't had the courage to post anything yet. I am excited about Jill and Derick's future, but I'm a little confused about the courtships and TV show (since I don't watch it at all). Is the show all awkward scenes of Bessa or are Dill being featured already too? I'd be interested to watch the Dill relationship especially because it does seem as if they are both totally comfortable and in love with each other. I don't have a TV so I'm not sure how I would watch (any suggestions?) exactly ... but I also doubt I could stand to watch the whole season without way too much of this going on: :angry-banghead: + :puke-front: only to find out the airport scene is the season finale.

All of you are awesome, by the way. I think this forum probably does lead to good events happening for fundies and I've always had a soft spot for Jill.

(Random and unrelated, but I have what I'm guessing is a dumb question about Erin Paine's pregnancy and miscarriage. Do I go somewhere else for that? Hopefully in the future, I'll actually contribute to these threads instead of sticking out like a sore thumb newbie!)

I don't have a TV either. You can watch episodes of the show on YouTube.

There's a thread on here called "Erin miscarried".

It appears Jill has an official Twitter account! (@jillmdillard) Josh, Anna, and @duggarfam follow her account so I know for sure it's legit.

It appears Jill has an official Twitter account! (@jillmdillard) Josh, Anna, and @duggarfam follow her account so I know for sure it's legit.

Dang...so now that she is engaged she is "grown" enough to be a social media. I'm trying SO hard to understand these people. :shifty-kitty:

I am so happy for Jill and Derrick - I think they are perfect for eachother! As for Ben and Jessa, I think she is in love with him too - from the show it may not seem that way, but that was back in the very uncomfortable courtship proposal and all, and Ben was just really awkward with it. In all the pics Ben posts on Twitter, they look much more happy and in love - I am thinking they are engaged too. Jill kept her courtship secret for months, so I'm sure Jessa could do so with her engagement.

But WHY keep it a secret?? Could it be a season spoiler or something? With Jill, none of us saw this coming SO soon. I must say I'm shocked. This is the same shocked I experienced when I found out Michael Bates was courting. Too many folks up here are worrying about Jana. Watch out! You just never know who kissing JB's ass at the moment. As for Jessa...I hate to admit that she's in love with Ben. They have been courting since last fall and ALL of the recent pics show their bodies getting closer and closer...probably holding hands by now for sure! Don't forget, "I love you" :roll:

Dang...so now that she is engaged she is "grown" enough to be a social media. I'm trying SO hard to understand these people. :shifty-kitty:

If they're anything like other fundies, she's been partially transferred to her future husband and now submits to him. Except for the physical parts. Not sure why the crazy distinction but thats not that uncommon with them apparently.

Welcome! The link to Erin's thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21244&start=260

And you can find most of the 19KaC episodes on Youtube. This season's premiere is here:

Also, please keep posting. There are a lot of new members recently. You're not alone.

If they're anything like other fundies, she's been partially transferred to her future husband and now submits to him. Except for the physical parts. Not sure why the crazy distinction but thats not that uncommon with them apparently.

It isn't ENTIRELY uncommon to treat a woman as less than full grown until she is married, sadly. This was sort of the norm in the Western world up until the modern era (or until the woman entered Old Maid status). Several cultures (some non-religious) still do this, though the daughter usually has the freedom to work outside the home/have her own twitter account. Still, engaged and married women get certain privileges and independence not given to women who do not have their own households.

Remember when Josh was seemingly randomly in Israel a little while ago? Was it at the same time as Derick?

any guesses on what letter they'll use for their kids? :lol:

Duh! Hey, that could be their first kid's name -- Duh Dillard! :lol:

I am happy for Jill. This guy seems normal and I think they will probably have a very happy and normal life. Sadly can't say the same thing about Ben. He seems worse than Smuggar.

Also does anyone else feel bad for Jana? I think she'll end up being the old maid now :( I just hope she doesn't end up like Sarah Maxwell.

Given the fact that the other girls are courting and getting engaged and not being stopped by anyone, I think it's that Jana doesn't want to yet. She's said there have been offers right? Or someone said that boys have asked about her and she's said no. She is beautiful, I'm sure boys have noticed her and inquired. I don't think there's any reason yet to say JB and Michelle are preventing her from courting or that she's upset about younger siblings marrying first.

It's funny because in the non-fundie world there would be no surprise at all that Jana at 24 was still unmarried/single. And yet compared with her sisters it's as if she's an old maid (or at least John David seems to think so.)

Given the fact that the other girls are courting and getting engaged and not being stopped by anyone, I think it's that Jana doesn't want to yet. She's said there have been offers right? Or someone said that boys have asked about her and she's said no. She is beautiful, I'm sure boys have noticed her and inquired. I don't think there's any reason yet to say JB and Michelle are preventing her from courting or that she's upset about younger siblings marrying first.

I've always felt like Jana was like Beth from Little Women. I think she's very content where she is and will continue to be that way for years. And, if she does marry, I don't see her going too far from home.

I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get every time I see her on the show.

Maybe they will do all names that rhyme with Jill and Dill. Bill. Will.

Millard and Willard...even better if they're twins. :lol:

I hope they don't choose D as their letter.

Actually, I would like to see a Duggar kid have kids and give them names with different letters. Mainly because by the time Josie is courting, she will be stuck with things like X or Q.

Has anyone asked the kids whether they are going to carry on with the letter theme like Josh has...

Maybe they will do all names that rhyme with Jill and Dill. Bill. Will.

Don't forget about Gill! :lol:

Archived