IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

I really hope that Derick convinces Jill that she doesn't have to pop out 19 kids and also encourages her to go to med school and become a real nurse. I think Jill would love it.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget about Gill! :lol:

Hill...ary. Gotta have something for the girls!

I've always felt like Jana was like Beth from Little Women. I think she's very content where she is and will continue to be that way for years. And, if she does marry, I don't see her going too far from home.

I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get every time I see her on the show.

Id only feel bad if I truly felt Jana wanted to be married. Is her melancholy spirit due to her wish to be married, and she's having to wait? Or is it because she really wishes to go to school, and her putting off marriage seems like a way to tip the family hand? Or is she so into Journey to the Heart that it is breaking her?

I have a thought about why she seems so down. I truly think she had her eyes on Chad Paine, and JimBob kiboshed it. Chad in turn married Erin, and now to ensure the Bates don't swipe the pick of the litter in these circles, its open season in the Duggar house.

As for Jill, can you imagine Michelle pulling the 'you can't do this' mini golf stunt with Dill? Haha.

As for Jinger, I think she is on the unsweetened Koolaid. There were mentions before by Michelle talking about being stable in ones relationship with God gets greater freedom. Just the existence of this website probably garners her more attention in that regard, as they have to protect her from us. Id hazard a guess even their open internet has a permanent irrevocable block to this site.

Earthshine, good call about Josh's random trip to Israel a few months back. I think he was checking out his future brother in law.

According to Usmag they are getting married this summer.

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jill-duggar-engaged-19-kids-and-counting-romantic-proposal-derick-dillard-201494

If the kids end up with Hebrew names I want the credit for calling that one first.

Very smart! I actually wouldn't mind this one...a theme, but room to stretch out and be different with each one.

As much as I dislike John Shrader, I think the fact that he names gives all his girls Greek names of religious principles sorta cute.

I really hope that Derick convinces Jill that she doesn't have to pop out 19 kids and also encourages her to go to med school and become a real nurse. I think Jill would love it.

I doubt he will convince her of that. He will probably convince her to dance more :wink-kitty:

Hill...ary. Gotta have something for the girls!

Well, Jill does follow Barack Obama on Twitter, Perhaps she is secretly a Democrat? :P

I doubt he will convince her of that. He will probably convince her to dance more :wink-kitty:

I'm pretty sure that all the kids know they don't have to follow and have 19. And I'm sure most (if not all) will stay away from double digits.

Speaking of. Could you imagine if all of them even just had 10? 190 grand children for Michelle and JB? Each kid had 180 nieces and nephews on one side of the family? Imagine the wedding size necessary just for the younger kids to invite family. They definitely wouldn't have family reunions often. Maybe their buddy groups will become their "after 19kac" family.

I think at this point they still need to hold onto a couple of the older girls to help with the cooking, clean and look after the little ones. I don't except that all four of the oldest girls will marry in the next couple years. I think at this point Michelle is ready to let a couple go especially with all the Bates marriages and needing to keep the show alive. However I believe that Jana is the one who has always done the majority of the work so she might not have the freedom to marry just because her sisters are allowed.

Given the fact that the other girls are courting and getting engaged and not being stopped by anyone, I think it's that Jana doesn't want to yet. She's said there have been offers right? Or someone said that boys have asked about her and she's said no. She is beautiful, I'm sure boys have noticed her and inquired. I don't think there's any reason yet to say JB and Michelle are preventing her from courting or that she's upset about younger siblings marrying first.

I think Jana might be scared of marriage. In fundieland marriage=babies. No birth control. She needs counseling because there are some emotional problems that are going on. I'm sure raising 17 siblings has worn her down. I do hope she finds happiness and gets married to a non fundie guy who will listen to her needs.

According to Usmag they are getting married this summer.

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jill-duggar-engaged-19-kids-and-counting-romantic-proposal-derick-dillard-201494

That was quick!

any guesses on what letter they'll use for their kids? :lol:

I was talking about this to my husband a few weeks ago. I said that while I'm not a fan of theme names (nor is he), I think that if we were going to have a double digits amount of kids I'd want to do an ABC theme. Meaning, the first child would be an A name, second a B name, ect. It would kind of be sad to know I'd, for example, never get an Emily once Edward was born, but that would be a theme I'd have fun with.

I was talking about this to my husband a few weeks ago. I said that while I'm not a fan of theme names (nor is he), I think that if we were going to have a double digits amount of kids I'd want to do an ABC theme. Meaning, the first child would be an A name, second a B name, ect. It would kind of be sad to know I'd, for example, never get an Emily once Edward was born, but that would be a theme I'd have fun with.

It would be easier to remember them all in order that way as well

Please note the modesty pillow, so his hand does not come into contact with her (ahem!) leg. :o

Also, outside of arm - to - outside of arm contact only, so no accidental side boob contact. Looks safe so far.

They do look very sweet and happy together.

I actually suspect we'll see pics of them without a pillow, etc.

I think they did it for this video/release because it's got her angled in a way that you see the ring very well, even if it's just from a screen grab.

Just in general about the ring and some of the comments, I love that he made the effort to do something special with her ring - the unique story behind it does fit their relationship, as well as the direction they want to go.

It's from a place that's significant to Jill - every time she looks at her ring she's going to be reminded of the effort he made to do that. It shows how well Derrick has paid attention to what she's said and knows it would mean a lot to her. Heck, how many guys would even have that cross their mind when choosing a ring - especially since they weren't there together?! I don't suspect many would.

Plus that simplicity is really important given BOTH parts of what's so important to her: midwifery and missions.

A massive, overly fancy/showy ring would be a major challenge in her chosen field.

But even more so, in many parts of the world it would just make you a complete target to be robbed (of the ring or otherwise) or, at the least, an obvious foreigner (which can cause obstacles relationally) who comparatively is very wealthy.

I don't wear my real ring to certain places overseas because of that. And I have friends and family who made the decision to really live overseas long-term, but at some point after they got married, and so had larger rings, etc. None of them even have their rings with them in the countries that they live in. They're in safes with family here. What a bummer to only get to wear your "real" rings for a couple of months every few years.

Jill and Derick are clear on the fact that they both feel called to serve overseas and Jill's ring is one she could wear and not have to worry about to the degree that so many would not allow her to do.

Plus, it's just a lovely ring!

She looks radiant and he looks at her adoringly - I'm excited for them! And I'm also really hopeful that some of her other siblings - her other sisters, especially - will wait for someone that makes them feel the same way Jill clearly feels with Derick.

Those are all excellent points, jakesykora! She would want something 'lower profile' for her work in midwifery (I imagine lots of latex gloves changes!) and for (hopefully) time spent abroad.

tkr322 wrote:

I am happy for Jill. This guy seems normal and I think they will probably have a very happy and normal life. Sadly can't say the same thing about Ben. He seems worse than Smuggar.

Also does anyone else feel bad for Jana? I think she'll end up being the old maid now :( I just hope she doesn't end up like Sarah Maxwell.

So many people were lamenting Michaela Bates and her "fate" and feelings and poor maiden status with the rush of her siblings getting married (and her not being in the weddings - though that was by her own wishes/request!) and we all just didn't know there was something brewing in the background through at least some of that!

Who knows what may really be going on with Jana... There could well be some guy she's emailing with in another location just like Jill was.

I mean, even with the Jessa/Ben thing became public it was what about her sisters, she's so young, etc. and lo and behold there was more going on and she's not even going to be the first married, let alone engaged! (Well, I'm clearly in the camp she isn't, though I guess we don't really know either way...and frankly I'm glad, since they are quite young and more time to get comfortable and grow up a bit is probably a good thing, IMO!)

I admit that I used to snark on Jill for drinking so much Koolaid but I wonder if that is the case anymore. I am sure she still has a lot of fundy views but I think that doing her midwife training may actually have opened her eyes. Not couple she worked with were likely super crazy fundy, I would bet many are just somewhat conservative. While waiting around their homes for babies to be born, I am sure there were newspapers, magazines and even TV that was used for all the pass the time. She may have realized that there is more to the world than the bubble she has lived her life in. I will say this about Jill, even with the koolaid drinking, I never got the feeling that she would be rude in a situation where people or things are different than her lifestyle. Jessa, not so much.

I do believe that by marrying Derick, Jill has secured that her children are likely to live better, well rounded lives than her nieces and nephews. The fact that Derick went to a real university, and seems proud of it, makes it more likely that he will "encourage" his kids to go to college as well, maybe even his alma mater. He is so proud that he was the school mascot like his father than I am sure he dreams that his child follows the family tradition. With a mother that is college educated and a working woman, he likely doesn't think that his girls should be held back. Plus, since someone posted about his facebook having likes for secular movies and Christian music, Jill is about to walk into the mainstream world. Marriage to a regular conservative Christian, rather than a fundy Christian, is likely to give Jill more freedom than she could imagine possible.

I really hope this works out for Jill and she gets her happiness. She was the one I always worried about the most as she seemed so nice and hardworking, yet drinking the koolaid. I worried she would be the one most likely to be abused because she would take it since the hubby rules the roost in their world. She has definately changed and seems more self-assured. I think her midwife training has given her the confidence she didn't have before.

I hope they don't choose D as their letter.

Actually, I would like to see a Duggar kid have kids and give them names with different letters. Mainly because by the time Josie is courting, she will be stuck with things like X or Q.

Has anyone asked the kids whether they are going to carry on with the letter theme like Josh has...

I think Jill will be the one to break the name thing - both the letter (or - since it'd be even more cheesy given her name and the last name thing) any sort of rhyme/alliteration/goofy stuff.

And I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't have kids until they were overseas (unless they wait for him to finish a long program or something) and if they might not actually do so, in part, to be able to choose names that work in both cultures (wherever they end up and here)

And I'd be thrilled with both - because maybe that'd start enough of a trend that it'd encourage future Duggar kids to "break away" in that sense, too! :lol:

I think Jill will be the one to break the name thing - both the letter (or - since it'd be even more cheesy given her name and the last name thing) any sort of rhyme/alliteration/goofy stuff.

And I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't have kids until they were overseas (unless they wait for him to finish a long program or something) and if they might not actually do so, in part, to be able to choose names that work in both cultures (wherever they end up and here)

And I'd be thrilled with both - because maybe that'd start enough of a trend that it'd encourage future Duggar kids to "break away" in that sense, too! :lol:

But...but...how will J'chelle remember whose kiddos are whose if they don't use a naming system??

The Dill pairing is adorable, and they look happy together, but that hair ornament Jill is wearing in the US Magazine article pic looks like something she borrowed from Josie.

All snark aside, I think they're a good match, and I'm curious to see what kind of a life they'll have together.

Archived