IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

I can't help but wonder where Dill's wedding is going to take place. Springdale area for sure, but will they find a church that Boob approves of that is not his Church of the Holy Basement? And is Derrick going to conform to Boob's and Mullet's "higher" standards of No Dancing, No Booze and No Fun reception? Will Derrick/his family insist on some leniency in these matters? I really want to see this happening, but I somehow doubt we'll see anything but a cookie-cutter fundie wedding.

Derick is educated, has lived on his own and is not under the "authority" of anyone. I highly doubt he is going to just go backwards in life so that Jim Bob can be happy. You can't unring a bell and once you have tasted freedom, it is very hard to give it up. The quickest way to ruin that relationship is to expect that Derrick will be happy to follow Jim Bob's laws for the rest of his life.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy for Jill. She and Jessa are the only ones of the Duggar girls I don't worry about at all. They both have personalities that can make things work for them. Jill is a natural optimist, go-with-the-flow type, not a deep thinker on any level--she'll be happy no matter what happens because that's just how she rolls. I'd like to think that Dereck will move them out of Gothardland (but he's a missionary so probably pretty hardcore), but if not and they end up with 20 kids, she'll be perfectly content.

Jessa is strong--no matter what the situation, she'll be able to manipulate things to her advantage. She's a lot like Michelle that way, I think, because for all the talk about Jim Bob being the "headship," I'm pretty sure Michelle's the one who's living the exact life she wants while making JB believe it's all his idea.

Looks like they want a lot of kids:

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jill-duggar-derek-dillard-kids-god-give-us/story?id=23273359

The "19 Kids & Counting" star, 22, and her fiancé, 25, both responded enthusiastically: "Oh yeah!" when asked if they want to have children.

"Both of us want as many kids as God will give us and we've talked about adoption," Jill told ABC News. "My parents have kept popping them out so we'll see how [our] fertility is!"

The girls admitted their "friend" which whoever was speaking clarified was their "ghostwriter" 'helped" with the book. In other words it was dictated by someone in the Gothard HG, a few cute memories were invented, photos were added and there you have it--a book

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jill-duggar-derek-dillard-kids-god-give-us/story?id=23273359

I'm not surprised by this. Jill seems to have drank a lot of fundie Kool-Aid, Boob and Mullet put through the years.

I doubt that she's just looking for a way out. She's admitted in a past season that JB has tried setting her and her sisters up with boys before and they were weirdos. If she was looking for a way out, she would have jumped on one of those boys.Also remember that the episodes we've seen were early in the courtship. Of course she's going to be awkward. She's going from a background character to the spotlight, she's getting to know a boy with the idea of marrying him as opposed to just being friends, she isn't allowed to touch him except side hugs and always has people making sure of that, she's not allowed to even text him alone, etc. Jill at least had a few months of talking to Derick before they met, which gave her the ability to get to know him before adding the other parts of the equation in.

Hmmm, true. Maybe she's more selective in who her fellow escapee is. There's just something about Jessa that makes me think that when she looks back on this situation in 10 years, she'll reflect that she was just looking for a way out. But it certainly doesn't hurt if she's crazy about the guy right now.

I don't think it's 'gross' for someone to want a lot of kids... I'm not surprised that Jill does. I don't think all her siblings will. I think most of them will not use birth control, but most of them will not actively try to get pregnant every year like Michelle.

I dunno, if Jill and Derick get married and are living out of the country 6 months later, it's gonna make it that much harder for Jim Bob and Michelle to breathe down their necks and interfere on a regular basis. They might actually start looking at birth control options!

Also, it's one thing to spout that line when you're young, in love, and have zero kids. It's quite another when you're looking at year ten of marriage, have six little ones, and have a body that's beginning to show the effects of age and tons o' babies. She may sing a different tune after a few kids.

I just read the article in the people magazine about Jill & Derick. I have to say I really enjoyed it & I'm really happy for Jill.

I could buy that Jill really wants to have a lot of kids or would want a big family even if she hadn't been raised as a fundy. Like someone else said, she seems to enjoy kids and being a "buddy". IDK though, I agree about the possibility of changing her tune once the reality of a big family hits her! And, she could just be spouting the party line until she gets out.

I could buy that Jill really wants to have a lot of kids or would want a big family even if she hadn't been raised as a fundy. Like someone else said, she seems to enjoy kids and being a "buddy". IDK though, I agree about the possibility of changing her tune once the reality of a big family hits her! And, she could just be spouting the party line until she gets out.

I have no doubt she wants a large family. But her definition of large may be completely different than JB and Michelle's. I also see her actually adopting, rather than just talking about it, and growing her family that way.

I too think she could very well just be saying what the fans expect her to say. And that it's completely different to say "I want as many kids as my body will produce" when you haven't even had sex yet than it is to say that when you've finished giving birth even the first time.

I sure hope they don't do a "John Esther" and drag 9 kids around the world.

I also hope they don't do that. I think the other Duggars have know to some of what has been going down with John and Esther, unless they don't keep on Anna's family or Anna hasn't told them. I recall, the J-Slaves were friends with Anna's younger sister the one was a baker in Texas.

I sure hope they don't do a "John Esther" and drag 9 kids around the world.

I also hope that does not happen. Maybe if they really want to go overseas they will do that first & then have kids.

Oh gross. Can there be ONE Duggar kid that doesn't want to pop out fifty-kajillion?

I will hold out hope forever that at least one will either not marry and not be in the position to have a billion kids, or they will spout the line and then mysteriously just not be as fertile as JB&M.

With that many kids, I'm sure there is someone who just isn't cut out for 10 children. I mean, I have wanted to be a mom my whole life, I planned for and tried for my kids for ages. I am so completely overwhelmed by twins sometimes (and they're my only kids) that I won't be having any more kids. I would probably literally lose my mind with 10 children! It doesn't mean I'm a bad mom or person, but not everyone can handle all that. And I wasn't already burnt out on children by taking care of them since I was 5 or whatever the Duggars make those girls do!

I think at the least, a few of the Duggar kids will leave the fundie lifestyle completely. I suspect some will turn fundie lite.

I think at the least, a few of the Duggar kids will leave the fundie lifestyle completely. I suspect some will turn fundie lite.

I hope u r right!

I hope u r right!

The further down the birth order, the more likely I think this is to happen. Most of the youngsters have never known the hardcore fundie lifestyle the Duggars used to have. They are not very disciplined, and while yes ALERT and JTTH exist now to break their spirits, who knows what in down the road for Jenny and Johannah. I have a hard time seeing those girls become submissive helpmeets.

I don't know what to make of Jill. n one hand he has always struck me as the most determined of the girls. knew how to play the party line jut right to get to do what she wanted and go after it midwifery. On the other hand I can see her going the route of super fundie as well and collecting children as off of her beliefs.

I'm also not completely sold on Derick as some of you are. I hope they're happy with each other since they'll mot likely be stuck with each other forever and ever amen.

I'm so not ok with Jill adopting, unless she completely leaves fundieland behind. I'm very, very uncomfortable with fundie adoptions, particularly international adoptions, ESPECIALLY older children. I don't care how sweet she seems, there's no way that someone who believes in strict obedience and blind gratitude can be a good parent to a child who under those circumstances. Can you imagine the kind of damage she could do? Discipline will be especially harsh because adopted children should be grateful they were saved by the likes of Dill.

Oh gross. Can there be ONE Duggar kid that doesn't want to pop out fifty-kajillion?

Or, at the very least, don't have to constantly talk about it.

Jill is going to find out that it's gonna get harder to pop out children every year. Especially with no help. Maybe she will get a tlc paycheck but I don't see that lasting long. I do hope she will consider adoption maybe if she were to leave the fundie lifestyle. And what about Derek does he want a bunch of kids? He comes from a very small family and travels.

Archived