IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

such exciting news to wake up to! i'm happy for jillNdill - they seem very happy together.

perhaps jessa is not engaged....

Oh please Lord, let Jill get a dress that's modest but more fashionable than that rag Michelle picked up for her vow renewal! :shock:

i'd love to see jill in one of these:

http://www.latterdaybride.com/modest-we ... er-details

http://www.latterdaybride.com/modest-we ... li-details

bridesmaids:

http://www.latterdaybride.com/modest-br ... by-details

j'chelle:

http://www.latterdaybride.com/mother-of ... el-details

I adore this couple and I'm very happy for them, but Jill Dillard is a very unfortunate name.

It could be worse, I have an acquantaince named Bailee. She married a guy with the last name Bailey and did change her name, so yes, Bailee Bailey...crazy, no?

SYTTD is ending????????????? NOooooooooooo! Where did you hear that? If it's true I'm going to be very sad :(

They have at least one more season. Last month, they were holding a casting call at a bridal show around here.

I dont think it's actually a thing that is referred to, like don't forget the modesty pillow! I think it's more organic than that. I pretty much exclusively live in skirts and i often sit withpillow on my lap to avoid flashing people and I'll put a pillow on my lap if sitting next to my bf so we have a place to rest our hands.

If I have a pillow nearby I usually have it on my lap. I'm not sure why. Just always have.

So getting engaged makes you adult enough or trustworthy enough to be allowed on social media? But your older unattached sister isn't allowed to do the same thing? Allrightythen...

I'm not convinced the Instagram is hers, the "I live the simple life" doesnt quite have the same enthusiasm as her twitter bit.

It could be worse, I have an acquantaince named Bailee. She married a guy with the last name Bailey and did change her name, so yes, Bailee Bailey...crazy, no?

There's a pretty common last name that actually rhymes with my first so I decided that if I married a guy with that last name, no way was I changing it. My chances of this happening were pretty decent.

It's the people.com article that talks about it, iirc. I'll try to find it. Apparently they were at a park, with Jana and joy as chaperons. She knew something was up when joy and Jana started walking slower. There was a stranger on a bench who got up and started singing a love song to them, followed by musicians and then he proposed. It's a 0.634 k ring. I give the guy credit.

Cute story, but I googled the People article and it's just the basic story that all the sites are picking up.

It's the people.com article that talks about it, iirc. I'll try to find it. Apparently they were at a park, with Jana and joy as chaperons. She knew something was up when joy and Jana started walking slower. There was a stranger on a bench who got up and started singing a love song to them, followed by musicians and then he proposed. It's a 0.634 k ring. I give the guy credit.

That's a heckuva lot more romantic than Josh's awkward "oohhh......" proposal at "Gator Landing" or whatever that klassy restaurant was called.

That's a heckuva lot more romantic than Josh's awkward "oohhh......" proposal at "Gator Landing" or whatever that klassy restaurant was called.

Hopefully, there were less of those "I Love You" balloons too. Or just less balloons in general.

I still laugh at Josh's proposal. She really didn't recognize him at first. But I must say I LOVED the parody of it that the siblings did in the wedding special. It made me wonder if John David just simply loathes Josh--he did him so well.

So getting engaged makes you adult enough or trustworthy enough to be allowed on social media? But your older unattached sister isn't allowed to do the same thing? Allrightythen...

I wonder if Jill will ever stop by once she's married..

So what are the rules now that they are engaged? Are they allowed to be out unchaperoned once in a while?

I did like the proposal, very sweet.

I think it's neat that he bought the ring in Israel. It's a pretty plain ring (which is not a bad thing, that's actually a style I really like), but it's cool that it has a story behind it. Jill seems to have really enjoyed Israel (judging by the Star of David she wears all the time...), and Derick must have too. Possible honeymoon spot?

I wonder if Jill will ever stop by once she's married..

Not sure about Jill...we could only be so lucky (and I doubt it), but I EXPECT Jinger to post here if she ever flies the coop.

So what are the rules now that they are engaged? Are they allowed to be out unchaperoned once in a while?

I did like the proposal, very sweet.

are front hugs okay now?

I'm thinking Jill played the system to her advantage -- and more power to her! Since she's always been "the perfect child" and one of the most vocal Kool-aid drinkers, it seems like she was given more leeway and trust.

I was just going to post the EXACT same thing!! I wonder if Machiavelli is on the fundie reading list. :D

Not sure about Jill...we could only be so lucky (and I doubt it), but I EXPECT Jinger to post here if she ever flies the coop.

I can imagine that it would be completely overwhelming to just stumble on this site. Has anyone ever made an intro thread just for that purpose (ie - dear Jinger, we want the best for you, etc)

Is that the size of her diamond the stated in the People article? I thought the diamond looked between .30 and .40. Either way, the diamond, white gold band and setting looking of a better quality than any of the other fundy engaged/married girls we have seen to date!

Aw c'mon! There was that gator in a tux that greeted them when they walked into the place! Seriously, Smuggar had planned a LITTLE more; the proposal was supposed to be on the deck, overlooking a river, but it rained.

I'm glad Derick did something that if not over the top, was romantic, and from what we know of Jill, probably just right. Jessa's the one I picture wanting an Erin Bates: The Works kind of proposal.

any guesses on what letter they'll use for their kids? :lol:

i hope they go with whatever names they like.... rather than a specific letter, but we'll see.

I am so happy for Jill and Derrick - I think they are perfect for eachother! As for Ben and Jessa, I think she is in love with him too - from the show it may not seem that way, but that was back in the very uncomfortable courtship proposal and all, and Ben was just really awkward with it. In all the pics Ben posts on Twitter, they look much more happy and in love - I am thinking they are engaged too. Jill kept her courtship secret for months, so I'm sure Jessa could do so with her engagement.

Archived