IGNORED

GrandBates on the Way - Whitney is Pregnant

Boogalou

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's too hard to guess what the baby's name will be before it's actually announced. I just hope it isn't Boaz Barnabus.

I think it's too hard to guess what the baby's name will be before it's actually announced. I just hope it isn't Boaz Barnabus.

Yes, but Boaz Barnabus Bates/ Boaz Bates rolls off the tongue WAYYYYYYY better than Boaz Anderson.

Jayceon was the name that changed popularity the most for boys (ranked 1051 in 2012 and 206 in 2013); Daleyza was the one that changed the most for girls (ranked 3715 in 2012 and 585 in 2013). Where did those names come from?

Jayceon was the name that changed popularity the most for boys (ranked 1051 in 2012 and 206 in 2013); Daleyza was the one that changed the most for girls (ranked 3715 in 2012 and 585 in 2013). Where did those names come from?

Well, from what I read on CNN, Daleyza is the name of the daughter of a Mexican-American singer who has a reality show on a Spanish language cable channel. Jayceon is the name of a rapper who has a reality series on VH1.

So basically reality television and musicians gave us those names...

If you think Whit's young...Alyssa's even younger! I'm no experts on Bates birthdays, but I do believe she stands a fairly good chance of becoming a teen mom, assuming they choose not to use family planning and she inherited Kelly's fertility.

And while less expensive in Tennessee, raising a family anywhere in the US is still pretty expensive. The disconnect I think you are seeing is that most people plan or at least assume that they will be bearing the financial burden of supporting their family. Zach seems to be going the Gil Bates route and assuming that he will eventually be handed bail outs like a well paying job somewhere down the line and so does not need to work/invest/delay starting a family now.

To put it in other words, many people spend their pre-married and early married years saving up for or working towards a lifestyle that can support their future endeavors, which usually causes them to marry and have children later. Zach doesn't seem to see the wisdom of that because he seems to be operating on the "God will Provide" theory.

Raising a child in the USA is expensive when one figures in education, extra curricula activities; etc.! The Bates homeschool and really do not encourage higher education or any extras. So a savings of $200,000 plus is all set for Zach and Whit!

I'm not worried about Zach and Whit financially. He works, has skills from Gil's tree surgeon business, and I believe Whitney is trained as a medical transcriptionist. She also has skills from her job at Sonic (is she still there part-time?) though I doubt she'd work outside the home after the baby comes.

Well, from what I read on CNN, Daleyza is the name of the daughter of a Mexican-American singer who has a reality show on a Spanish language cable channel. Jayceon is the name of a rapper who has a reality series on VH1.

So basically reality television and musicians gave us those names...

The worst part about Jayceon is I cant figure out if it's "Jace-ee-on" or Jason.

I don't understand why people get so up in arms about Whitney's age. As stated before, she CHOSE this life. This was not the life she was brought up into. I had my kids in my mid 20's, but I think I was ready to be a mom and a wife when I was in college. It may be hard to believe, but some women really "only" want to be mothers and wives, and choose to do so out of their own volition. Honestly, I say great for Whitney. She doesn't feel pressured to go to college or put a career before having a family. She knew what she wanted out of life and got it. Feminism is about choice, Whitney chose this life. Just because she didn't choose what you or I chose doesn't make it wrong.

I don't understand why people get so up in arms about Whitney's age. As stated before, she CHOSE this life. This was not the life she was brought up into. I had my kids in my mid 20's, but I think I was ready to be a mom and a wife when I was in college. It may be hard to believe, but some women really "only" want to be mothers and wives, and choose to do so out of their own volition. Honestly, I say great for Whitney. She doesn't feel pressured to go to college or put a career before having a family. She knew what she wanted out of life and got it. Feminism is about choice, Whitney chose this life. Just because she didn't choose what you or I chose doesn't make it wrong.

Personally, I would love to have been a wife/mother younger. But I'm still single, so I'm a nanny instead.

Spot on djibouti! Feminism is about choice yet so many women look down at sahm and sahw. Why? It's their choice and that's what our ancestors fought for years ago.

I'm not worried about Zach and Whit financially. He works, has skills from Gil's tree surgeon business, and I believe Whitney is trained as a medical transcriptionist. She also has skills from her job at Sonic (is she still there part-time?) though I doubt she'd work outside the home after the baby comes.

I thought she stopped after the wwedding? Also, is the med transcript work the kind you can do from home?

I hate to say it, but these two sound like 12 year olds. Not nearly mature enough to be having a baby.

"Lyke omg, all the tiny clothes we'll buy it, and I luuuvvv the name Jayden. Let's paint the nursery green and put cute initials on the wall!!11!!"

I don't think it has hit home with them that they will actually be caring for a real, living BABY. That means waking up several times in the middle of the night to feed it and figure out why it is crying, getting no sleep, and no longer being able to go anywhere outside the house without some serious planning beforehand. It also means figuring out how to pay for its medical expenses and the increased grocery bill. I think when they actually have this child, Whitney's baby fever/quiverfull-fundie love affair will diminish a bit, and they will dial the whole operation back.

I hate to say it, but I know grown people (like people in their 50s) who talk like Zach and Whitney. People who have children. Adult children. To me it's very strange but they seem to have gotten through life okay.

I hate to say it, but these two sound like 12 year olds. Not nearly mature enough to be having a baby.

"Lyke omg, all the tiny clothes we'll buy it, and I luuuvvv the name Jayden. Let's paint the nursery green and put cute initials on the wall!!11!!"

I don't think it has hit home with them that they will actually be caring for a real, living BABY. That means waking up several times in the middle of the night to feed it and figure out why it is crying, getting no sleep, and no longer being able to go anywhere outside the house without some serious planning beforehand. It also means figuring out how to pay for its medical expenses and the increased grocery bill. I think when they actually have this child, Whitney's baby fever/quiverfull-fundie love affair will diminish a bit, and they will dial the whole operation back.

I'm pretty sure that even the most levelheaded person experiences that, without any regard to faith. Pregnancy emotions run the gamut on a daily basis, but most of the emotions (especially this early in the pregnancy). And what's wrong with loving baby names or nesting?

I feel like you're unfairly attacking them for doing something that you wouldn't bat an eye at if someone who wasn't religious did. Snarking about their religious beliefs is one thing, but to attack them fro being normal expectant parents is completely different.

No first time parent really knows what they're in for, regardless of religious affiliation. That's a silly thing to snark about. And let them have fun painting the nursery and decorating it. Why shouldn't they?

SEX. They found out the SEX of their child. Sex = between your legs. Gender = in the brain and there's not an ultrasound machine in the world that can detect a person's gender, which is a social construct anyway. Not that these two will ever let their little penis haver forget that he has one and is therefore better than lowly females in every single way imaginable. Sigh.

Well, they do look happy and excited and I do wish them a happy and healthy pregnancy and child. Their "high five" ultrasound picture is pretty cute. Though that same picture shows Whitney's DOB and she'll only be a month into being 21 when she pops. That's even younger than Anna Duggar was when she gave birth to Mackenzville, and Whitney got up the duff faster (pretty much her SECOND cycle into marriage). That is some good fertility, which is not good when it comes to these (quiverfull) people. Gah!

Thank you so much for pointing this out. I noticed the Duggar say ''gender'' too and it always bugged me. I wonder if it's because they truly don't know the difference between the two words or because they don't want to say the word (*gasp*) S-E-X out loud! :P

Thank you so much for pointing this out. I noticed the Duggar say ''gender'' too and it always bugged me. I wonder if it's because they truly don't know the difference between the two words or because they don't want to say the word (*gasp*) S-E-X out loud! :P

Honestly I'm okay with people saying they're finding out the gender of a baby. A sex reveal sounds awful. Especially a sex reveal party. Lol

Honestly I'm okay with people saying they're finding out the gender of a baby. A sex reveal sounds awful. Especially a sex reveal party. Lol

this.

I just read through the latest Z&W blog entry and...surely Zach didn't actually write that, right?

...right? :?

I think from their first blog posts we've all known that these two (especially Zach) have NO sense of appropriate vs inappropriate PDA, especially online PDA with something like that comment being the equivalent of someone standing in front of me with their partner tickling them and nuzzling them and giggling like you're not there (BARF). At the same time, they've been taught that once they've gotten married they can show off their affection as much as they want, and enough leghumpers will comment saying "you guys are so adorable! such an encouragement!" that they'll be encouraged to just keep doing it.

I thought she stopped after the wwedding? Also, is the med transcript work the kind you can do from home?

Medical billing work, which is what Whitney studied, can be done from home however, it's pretty competitive and often one has to start out in an actual office gaining experience before doing the work from home thing. I have a billing certificate and there were a lot of people in the program seeking the certificate because they wanted to work from home. However, instructors were very clear that you may have to take anything you can get first and build your experience. My cousin in law, who is a medical biller does his work from home, but he's got to sign in at a specific times, have a dedicated working space, it's pretty controlled actually. Perhaps Whitney will be lucky enough to find a work from home gig, but she would be very lucky indeed.

IIRC, she also graduated with a business degree and the certificate in medical billing. She could use that business part of the degree and the experience from Sonic. With AA degree, the stage is set for her to continue on to a bachelor's program just hope it's a real school and not the likes of Crown College.

Also, I am with the poster that once she has the baby and reality sets in, she and Zach will rethink the idea of a bunch of kids.

Sure people can say gender if they wish. I won't go down protesting in the street because of this one word. ;)

It's just, in my head, the concept of sex and gender are two completely different things. That's why I think it's strange. Sex is biological, whereas gender is how you feel inside. I say the ''sex'' of the baby and I don't think it's sounds too awful. :-) Aw well!

I just read through the latest Z&W blog entry and...surely Zach didn't actually write that, right?

...right? :?

What's wrong with that? I'm confused :?

What's wrong with that? I'm confused :?

My opinion, because it sounds like it was written by a teenage girl instead of a man who just ran for a serious political office.

My opinion, because it sounds like it was written by a teenage girl instead of a man who just ran for a serious political office.

I agree with the bolded bit, I have no problem with the sentiment but the OMG CUTE eleventy!!! aspect does seem rather young. If he had hand written the post I would expect puffy hearts over each "i". Interesting that the right wing media was worked up wondering if having grandchildren would make Hillary Clinton unfit for office but plenty of people voted for Zach who has provided us with "SOOO CUTE".

Archived