IGNORED

GrandBates on the Way - Whitney is Pregnant

Boogalou

Another reason for Kelly to be quiet and put off her post. I feel for them especially if her brother and Whitney's pregnancy proceeds OK. It looks like she was in a hospital room so I wonder how far along she was when she lost the pregnancy.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's too bad. :(

Now I'm wondering if a) Kelly was referring Erin being pregnant, not Whitney b) this is the reason Kelly hasn't said anything else.

"When asked by her younger siblings what happened to our baby, Erin said that Jesus needed a little angel in heaven to play for Him...and He chose ours."

So they had already told the family and everything. Very sad for them.

Poor Erin and Chad, I hope that they get proper, kind support from their friends and family. Not pressure to start trying again as soon as possible. They probably will need time to recover emotionally and Erin may need some time to recover physically.

I am so sorry to hear that, they seem like such a nice couple :(

The picture on their blog is just heartbreaking :cry: Chad seems like such a supportive and nice guy.

I hope theyre okay, and if Whitney is pregnant as well like its been suggested, this doesn't make things even sadder for them thinking about what their baby would be like at that age and that baby nearly having a same aged cousin to play with.

Real talk ,they'll be trying to get pregnant again as soon as it is safe....Erin would probably feel compelled to have sex again before that per her submission training but I don't know that Chad would pressure her Let alone once her. But after that, they'll want to be pregnant again ASAP.

Do they abstain if they know if a misc, was male or female?

It's way too early for them to know the sex.

I thought they've been married about 4 months? If she got pregnant right away it would explain the hospital stay, which of course is possibly needed no matter what point the miscarriage occurs, but far more likely late first/ early second trimester. They might also know the sex of she's more than about 12 weeks, I've known a few people who were told the sex on an ultrasound around 14 weeks.

eta: although I suppose it's possible that the dates are off when they determine sex on the ultrasound that early.

i worked it out if her date of conception was on the 30th of november (ie latest date to be pregnant the first month of marriage - depending on her cycle... so i went with the 30th), the pregnancy would have been 17 weeks. so really, who knows how far gone she was.

It's way too early for them to know the sex.

not exactly. 16 weeks is usually a cut-off date for a d&c, so she realistically could have been anywhere between 6-16 weeks pregnant. and usually the labs will take some cell samples and give a diagnostic answer as for the gender, if physical confirmation is not possible.

If my wife had just miscarried, I wouldn't be posting it in a blog, for the world to see. Chad should grieve. Maybe writing is his way to grieve. These people cannot get traditional therapy.

i worked it out if her date of conception was on the 30th of november (ie latest date to be pregnant the first month of marriage - depending on her cycle... so i went with the 30th), the pregnancy would have been 17 weeks. so really, who knows how far gone she was.

not exactly. 16 weeks is usually a cut-off date for a d&c, so she realistically could have been anywhere between 6-16 weeks pregnant. and usually the labs will take some cell samples and give a diagnostic answer as for the gender, if physical confirmation is not possible.

For all we know, this happened weeks ago and they just weren't ready to share it online yet, so I wouldn't make those assumptions about the length of the pregnancy yet. It is really sad though.

I am sorry for their loss and I'm sure it was very difficult for them since, you know, babies! babies! babies! But who in their right mind, having either just been told they have lost their baby or even just waiting for the procedure to begin, decides to document the worst moment of their lives so far with a photo? That would honestly be the last thing I would even think of doing. He either had to hand the camera to someone and ask them to take the picture, or someone decided to pull out a camera and start shooting away. I'd hate to see what pictures he didn't put on the blog!

These people and the people they hang out with are too weird for words.

Well, it was nice for Chad to share this on his blog. (At least he got to tell us instead of his MIL.) As far as the picture goes, perhaps they posted it so they might be an encouragement to other couples who are going through the same thing. (Goodness, I am learning their language. :shock: )

Erin has probably had to grow up very quickly going through this. (Hospital stay, D&C etc.) I had hoped she would wait to get pregnant until she graduated (or even longer) but I sure didn't wish this on her.

More than likely she was only in the hospital a few hours. I hope she's able to finish college this semester. Maybe it will be a distraction to her. For me it's better to be out of the house than sitting still dwelling on things.

It's Whitney. A Family member confirmed it on the Bates' Facebook page.

I have a sneaking suspicion that post happened to take attention off of Erin since it was only made a week ago. Given that Whitney was practically testing on their honeymoon, I'd expect her to announce on their blog before the pee stick dried.

I have a sneaking suspicion that post happened to take attention off of Erin since it was only made a week ago. Given that Whitney was practically testing on their honeymoon, I'd expect her to announce on their blog before the pee stick dried.

Or possibly the relative got the information confused.

For all we know, this happened weeks ago and they just weren't ready to share it online yet, so I wouldn't make those assumptions about the length of the pregnancy yet. It is really sad though.

Per Chads comments, 9 weeks. Named 'it' (Chads choice of word ), Angel.

Aw, I'm really sad for them. Chad always seems really sweet and supportive, though. If that's how he truly is, I'm very glad that Erin ended up married to him and not some selfish asshole. I can't imagine documenting something like this on a blog, though... but I guess that's why I don't have a blog. I hope it was Erin's idea.

I think he felt he needed to do it since there was a lot of speculation after the comment. Either way, I think it was tastefully done. I also feel like it was a "we're going through this, please dont ask us when we're having a baby cause that's going to be awkward" post.

Per Chads comments, 9 weeks. Named 'it' (Chads choice of word ), Angel.

I think the "it" is pretty common for expecting parents who don't know the gender. I do like the gender neutrality of the name, very fitting.

• 1 month later...

Archived