IGNORED

GrandBates on the Way - Whitney is Pregnant

Boogalou

The main website, Topix, covers virtually every topic on the planet. Some newspapers use them for their on-line comments platform, so you get a lot of threads on various local issues. You also get a metric ton of crazy if the subject could possibly be twisted into anything controversial, because some people will scan for whatever their hot button issue is and comment, even if it's some local issue they know nothing about and they live a thousand miles away.

There are also tons of threads on health issues and non-news. It can be a good site to get information that might be obscure because so many people see it.

My towns newspaper used to use it, but the level of rabidly racist anti-immigrant comments got out of hand because it's Annonymous ( I live in a town with an extremely large undocumented immigrant population) . Now they require people to use Facebook or an actual name and it has calmed down considerably.

Anyway, it's probably being discussed because it made their local news, or even just something people in their town were talking about.

Eta: just looked at their town sub-forum.....ummm,....wow....they are an interesting bunch :shock: now I need to see if there is a sub-forum like that for my town.

Eta2: looked up my town, ,found the forum, huge bucket of crazy.

Ah man, I just went to my town's forum, hoping for a big bucket of crazy too. All I found was stuff about the Gov and AG race and lots of discussions on recommendations for HVAC and plumbers. How boring! :lol: (And there weren't even threads on roofing contractors, which actually would have been helpful.)

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The topix page for my hometown is, as we say, ate up with the crazy. They always provide entertainment on a slow day. http://www.topix.com/city/elizabethton-tn I don't think breaking the link on this is necessary. Anything to do with local politics, especially the sherrif's race is especially amusing.

Just checked out the topix for Clinton TN where the Bates live and wow. If your only knowledge of the area came from that website then you'd be forced to think Anderson county is filled with pill popping meth addicted home wreckers making between $8-11/hr. It's crazy, they call people out by name and everything. It's like a gossip page. I'm almost scared to check out my town.

Eta: on second thought I'm not sure if they love in lake city or Clinton but still stand by my wow

My hometown's activity is dead. A single post in 2014, and nothing before that since October 2013.

Tiny Town went a step further and created tell-all Twitter and Facebook accounts. They are gone now. It was started by a bunch of mean teenagers. There was some vile and nasty stuff. I won't give particulars because it involves minors.

The crazy in my town Topix seems to be a mix of political fights and some sort of all out war between a half dozen people, calling each other out by name and making many extremely graphic accusations regarding their personal habits . This would seem especially creepy if you lived in a really small town where everyone knows each other.

In the town I just moved to, the Topix discussions are mostly dead. Except someone is trying to legalize marijuana two towns over and started a debate on the forum for my town.

As much as I think this is an opportune time to scrub away some gothard links, Kelly has been talking about updating the website for months now to change the bios and add a recipe section. I think this is most likely the primary intent. I can't imagine that they would attempt to scrub away connections to ATI/IBLP when Gil is on the board, and it seems they bring in a decent amount of money from their lecture video series on Embassy Suites. Furthermore, they already have had a disclaimer on their resources page that they don't believe in the every single thing that the sources they use claim. I don't know, I guess I honestly believe that Kelly has good intentions, however misguided or scripturally twisted her beliefs are.

I hope she does address the current Gothard scandal, but I'm sure she's under some legal obligations with their involvement to the organization. I do think it's telling that none of her kids have spent extended amounts of time interning at HQ.

Since Gil is on the board, I'm sure there is a gag order in effect until the investigation is completed. I know that as an attorney I would tell all the trustees to keep their mouths shut and that would also apply to their families.

It would really jerk Anna Duggar's chain if the pregnant Bates girl had twins first. She wants them so badly.

The odds of Anna having twins are extremely low. If she paid attention in biology class she would know this.

Both of Michele's sets of twins are fraternal, which means that she dropped 2 eggs, which means that the twins run on Michele's side. Josh will carry the gene, but that can't make Anna drop 2 eggs. Mackynzie could have twins, but Anna's odds are low.

If the twins were identical than it would be different.

The odds of Anna having twins are extremely low. If she paid attention in biology class she would know this.

Both of Michele's sets of twins are fraternal, which means that she dropped 2 eggs, which means that the twins run on Michele's side. Josh will carry the gene, but that can't make Anna drop 2 eggs. Mackynzie could have twins, but Anna's odds are low.

If the twins were identical than it would be different.

What biology class? Science is against their religion. If God wants to give Anna twins, or even triplets or quads if she is holy enough, ditches the TV and starts wearing frumpers again, he will.

Just checked out the topix for Clinton TN where the Bates live and wow. If your only knowledge of the area came from that website then you'd be forced to think Anderson county is filled with pill popping meth addicted home wreckers making between $8-11/hr.

It's not?

I've mainly checked out Topix pages for stuff about missing people. There are much better sources of information for that out there. Too many conspiracy theorist nuts.

Yeah, I tend to agree. Does someone want to translate? Also, does anyone know what that website is and why they would be talking about Whitney?

My small town has a topix site, too, and it's pretty dreadful.

Just wanted to confirm that the topix thread is about this Whitney Bates. The woman defending her, Makayla Ray, is a cousin to the Owens family and was at their wedding. She was photographed with Michelle Duggar. Her baby is named Laklee, after the Owens daughter who died.

Just checked out the topix for Clinton TN where the Bates live and wow. If your only knowledge of the area came from that website then you'd be forced to think Anderson county is filled with pill popping meth addicted home wreckers making between $8-11/hr. It's crazy, they call people out by name and everything. It's like a gossip page. I'm almost scared to check out my town.

Eta: on second thought I'm not sure if they love in lake city or Clinton but still stand by my wow

Yup. Sounds like topix in my town...cray cray, vulgar, disgusting.

What biology class? Science is against their religion. If God wants to give Anna twins, or even triplets or quads if she is holy enough, ditches the TV and starts wearing frumpers again, he will.

I'm not saying she took biology. I'm saying that I'm sitting here silently laughing that they don't know this.

Why hasn't someone changed the title of this thread? Do we even know that anyone is pregnant, let alone have confirmation that it is Whitney? It's very misleading.

Didn't Kelly's mom confirm the pregnancy on Facebook?

Didn't Kelly's mom confirm the pregnancy on Facebook?

Yes, there was a confirmation from one of the relatives on Facebook. There's a link somewhere on this thread, it's around page four or something. It's the reason I changed the thread title.

I could see TLC featuring this on an upcoming 19 K&C episode, probably along with the Duggars campaigning for Zach. Are the TLC cameras following the Duggars on their book tour?

TLC cameras were seen with the Duggars at a book signing in NYC or its environs, the same day they were on GMA. If memory serves, they're stomping for Zach when they get to the TN leg of the book tour (which could have been today). I'm sure TLC will be there to document it.

Surprised they're still so quiet about it, but maybe they're trying to wrangle a TLC special?

I really think Kellys quietness has to do with parts of her world being out of control. The whole Gothard debacle had to have taken up at least two minutes of her day, plus Erins pending graduation, Alyssa's wedding, Zachs campaign, and now whomever is knocked up, apparently Whitney. One of her previous posts on Michael was that she was returing to work, as well.

The last time she dropped off the radar was when Erin got married, as Erin owned the laptop. Was it not for some fan sending them a laptop, we'd probably still be waiting for Erins Wedding pics. I think she enjoys posting, and enjoys reading and replying to the comments, but unless she has a few extra hours in the day, she's probably up to her ears in her new life of having less kids at home. In most families, when kids move out its less work at home for the parents. Not in this case.

Kelly may be waiting for a pregnanacy announcement from Erin,so she can announce both at once,thus less disappointment for Erin? idk.just thinking.

Archived