IGNORED

GrandBates on the Way - Whitney is Pregnant

Boogalou

They look very happy, glad the baby is healthy.

Who wants to start a name pool? I think Whit will want something a little more modern. Braden, Kayden, etc. Idk why...

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to see a fundie birth announcement without a whole heap of forced anti choice propaganda and bible verses about how god knew us in the womb and shaped us perfectly.

They look very happy, glad the baby is healthy.

Who wants to start a name pool? I think Whit will want something a little more modern. Braden, Kayden, etc. Idk why...

I doubt she'll go that way. Aidan names are out. Thankfully that trend finally died.

Right now, what is in is old fashioned names. Like names that were popular in the 50s or earlier.

I doubt she'll go that way. Aidan names are out. Thankfully that trend finally died.

Right now, what is in is old fashioned names. Like names that were popular in the 50s or earlier.

I am patiently waiting for the day when Ethelbert and Harthacnut become popular again. So, to be optimistic I would like to vote for those!

I am patiently waiting for the day when Ethelbert and Harthacnut become popular again. So, to be optimistic I would like to vote for those!

Just go plant that idea around Yahoo Answers. I've noticed the more often a name is planted on there, the more likely it is to suddenly be swept up in a fad.

In fact, I'm usually pretty close on the top 1000 names just by following Y!A trends and suggestions. Y!A comes SO MUCH closer than baby name sites (which will have a few of their trendy names hit the top 1000, but not anywhere close to where they predicted they would land).

The -ayden trend is actually still very much alive, for better or for worse. Old fashioned names are also in at the moment, but it depends a lot on the group of people you're talking about. I'd guess Zach and Whitney are more likely to go for a Braden or a Caden than a Henry or a Sebastian. Biblical names are also really 'in' for boys right now, so they may choose something biblical and popular like Noah, Elijah or Caleb.

It's a boy! New post up on Zach and Whit's blog. She's due October 22.

Can u tell me their blog name.

Can u tell me their blog name.

zachandwhitney.blogspot.com/2014/05/our-precious-baby-boy.html?m=1

Wow they found out the sex of the baby a bit early!

The -ayden trend is actually still very much alive, for better or for worse. Old fashioned names are also in at the moment, but it depends a lot on the group of people you're talking about. I'd guess Zach and Whitney are more likely to go for a Braden or a Caden than a Henry or a Sebastian. Biblical names are also really 'in' for boys right now, so they may choose something biblical and popular like Noah, Elijah or Caleb.

I know, regionally speaking, Aidan names are still in full force, but on a national scale, it's died. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen someone ask what others think of Aidan (or it's variants) on Y!A this last year, and 90-95% of the reactions were "don't do it, it's dead." (The other 5-10 included "I wouldn't use the name but it's your choice" and the oddball "omg that name is so unique!")

I honestly would be surprised if they chose a "yoonik" name or an Aidan name.

Biblical names are probably most likely for them, with a high probability of mixing in with the "older name" trend. Something like Isaac, Abel, Asa, Matthias, Ezekiel, Ezra, Felix, Ichabod, Peter, Reuben, Or Samson.

Thanks!! Interesting that they found out the gender of their child. I think Gil & Kelly always wanted to be surprised. I figured Zach would follow the same pattern.

Thanks!! Interesting that they found out the gender of their child. I think Gil & Kelly always wanted to be surprised. I figured Zach would follow the same pattern.

SEX. They found out the SEX of their child. Sex = between your legs. Gender = in the brain and there's not an ultrasound machine in the world that can detect a person's gender, which is a social construct anyway. Not that these two will ever let their little penis haver forget that he has one and is therefore better than lowly females in every single way imaginable. Sigh.

Well, they do look happy and excited and I do wish them a happy and healthy pregnancy and child. Their "high five" ultrasound picture is pretty cute. Though that same picture shows Whitney's DOB and she'll only be a month into being 21 when she pops. That's even younger than Anna Duggar was when she gave birth to Mackenzville, and Whitney got up the duff faster (pretty much her SECOND cycle into marriage). That is some good fertility, which is not good when it comes to these (quiverfull) people. Gah!

I know, regionally speaking, Aidan names are still in full force, but on a national scale, it's died. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen someone ask what others think of Aidan (or it's variants) on Y!A this last year, and 90-95% of the reactions were "don't do it, it's dead." (The other 5-10 included "I wouldn't use the name but it's your choice" and the oddball "omg that name is so unique!")

Biblical names are probably most likely for them, with a high probability of mixing in with the "older name" trend. Something like Isaac, Abel, Asa, Matthias, Ezekiel, Ezra, Felix, Ichabod, Peter, Reuben, Or Samson.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to argue with you, but statistically what you're saying isn't correct. Jayden and Aiden are still in the top ten. Brayden is sitting comfortably at 39, Ayden at 69, Kayden at 99, and Hayden at 109. That's A LOT of babies still getting -ayden names, and that's only going down the top 100 and not counting all the variant spellings. The trend probably reached its peak 4 or 5 years ago but it's nowhere near dead. Yet. :)

http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi

The new list should come out in a few days but it probably won't be that different.

I think they'll do a popular biblical name like Noah or Ethan, or a more 'country' sounding name like Colton or Grady. Or they could kill two birds with one stone and go for Ezra or Levi...

that's beautifull name ! I love hebrew name who begins/or ends with -el, such as Eliora, Eliana, Elior (for a boy), Assaël, anaël, Malkiel, Adriel, etc... (means : God is my light, God is my secret, God have done, God answer, king of God, and herd of God.)

I agree. We are seeing a lot of Edwards, Henrys, Graces, and Janes.

Full disclosure: My DD's middle name is Kate and I chose it specifically because it was timeless and classic whereas her 1st name is a bit more modern.

I think they will go with something that blends country and biblical. Elijah Colton or Brady Noah...something g of that sort.

hmm no idea.I'm guessing this being the first male,they may do a Zach jr,or a Zachary gilbert,or some combo.

hmm no idea.I'm guessing this being the first male,they may do a Zach jr,or a Zachary gilbert,or some combo.

Zach is Zachary Gilbert, I believe. But I do think it likely they will go the junior route.

Oh my god, the little high five ultrasound photo!! Hahaha! That is awesome. Mine did that during one of my exams but we never got a still shot of it.

Oh my god, the little high five ultrasound photo!! Hahaha! That is awesome. Mine did that during one of my exams but we never got a still shot of it.

I saw that and immediately thought "Well, that's one less extremity whose digits they'll have to count when he's born." :lol:

Is it normal to find out the sex at 16 weeks in the US? Here you don't get to know until 20ish weeks.

Is it normal to find out the sex at 16 weeks in the US? Here you don't get to know until 20ish weeks.

Only if the fetus is being super cooperative and flashing it's bits at the U/S tech.

Off the topic but I can't resist sharing the name I saw printed a program for a recent high school drama production:

"Oonoleigh" I am guessing this is kind of like Annaliese without the final s sound and with super creative spelling. Anyone else ever seen this?

Normally the anatomy scan is done around 18 to 20 weeks in the US. The center where Whitney is going usually schedules it at 18 to 20 weeks also. There may have been a problem with her dates or a scheduling issue had them in early.

Whitney is two weeks, to the day, younger than my oldest granddaughter. At the time Whit is giving birth, my granddaughter will be a junior in college, active in several campus organizations (and officer/president of a few), still finding her way in life. She was home schooled, but never discouraged from any goals she wanted to set for her life. I really prefer her life to Whit's, maybe I'm biased.

Archived