IGNORED

House of Paine

singsingsing

I noticed that too. Even the Bible is out of the picture and that's the one book they must be having.

I was attempting to comment something similar last night but the internets ate my post and I was too lazy to go back and try again. It's weird to me that they have all those bookcases and shelves with nothing but photos and candles on them. When I first got married I had severa books left from high school and college and you better believe I stretched them into my decor. I had so little of anything that I used it all! But I guess not everyone does that, especially when education is not a true priority.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can you all be so hung up (:lol: ) on that showercurtain, when right behind it there is a toilet wrapped in terry cloth! Aside from being the ugliest thing ever, it's so gross, why would you put that around your toilet, let alone ON your toilet?

The showercurtain is frilly and overly cute, but the four-colour ombre is nice and I'm pretty sure there is a vinyl curtain behind it.

Enough has been said about the bedroom, so just adding that I really don't think those are children's books in the basket, to em it looks more like greeting cards, so I'm thinking another memento from their engagement/wedding.

Honestly I think the worst thing here (pee catching terry cloth thingy aside) is that couch, why would anyone let such a thing in to their home?

Maybe it was a hand-me-down, but it doesn't look very used and as opposed to wall-colours and bedding wich is fairly cheap and easy to replace once Erin grows up a bit, you don't replace a couch very often, I don't anyway.

Exactly! My grandma's bought one like that. She is 91.

I also noticed the lack of books. That's one of the things that makes me sad for all the fundie kids. Books are so important, but you almost never see books in fundie homes.... It bugs me cause I Love reading. There's so much they are missing out on :(

Exactly! My grandma's bought one like that. She is 91.

Now I'm giggling...our couch is very similar; it's brown, sort of micro-suede fabric and the back cushions are divided horizontally into two sections, not three. Each end is a recliner that goes all the way back. We bought it in 2012.

Signed, happily unstylish and comfortable. :D

nausicaa, I wonder if they've had quite a few heated arguments already. It's possible that one or both of them feel like they have permission to let loose and say anything to the other, because they "can't divorce," and the other person just has to take whatever is flung at them. People tend to feel more secure in their words and actions when they know there are less/no repercussions.

I think it's impossible that they haven't--and the "no divorce" element is interesting and I hadn't factored that in.

I actually fee lbad for them, since I think their young adult lives so ill prepare them for marriage. There's so much change at once, so little experience, so much pressure to be perfect and have tons of babies stat, so young in years, and most likely all they've ever seen of other fundie married couples is Josh and Anna suckfacefests, since everyone has to "prove" how godly and perfect their marriage is rather than speaking honestly about difficulties and rough patches.

While I worry about Erin's high expectations and emotional immaturity, I do think she and Chad at least seem to love each other (even if it's just a puppy love way, it's something). And Chad does seem to really want to make her happy. And for all their talk of male leadership, that bedroom makes it pretty clear who's making the decisions in that country cottage!

I'm going to say they worked hard on the pictures to make the magazine shots... the decorative cowboy boots appearn on the porce as well as in the guest room. The kid's rocker may be antique (is it roy rogers?) and the little longhorn table with the basket/box is trendy. I suspect that the wrapped toilet is either 1) still popular with people in her neighborhood, or 2) something that defines refinement because a rich or respected aunt or granny or family friend always kept / keeps her toliet carpeted. I was a guest in a house recently that had at least a carpet seat cover (can't remember now if the tank was wrapped, I doubt it.... ) but the hostess there would have been in her 70s. I honestly remember it because I couldn't remember the last time I saw that!

I have read decorating articles that frown on books as decor because they are messy, so given a desire for perfect rooms, if they have books, I bet they were hidden and the boots brought in. I know I'd make sure my house was perfect and styled if I were going to take pictures for the internet.

I hope they are happy, and I hope she is not pregnant yet-- not because I begrudge them children, but because I can't imagine they know one another all that well yet and it would be nice for them to luxuriate in being a couple for a while longer before they get a brood. That house would be pretty crowded in short order if she had 3 kids in 3 years.

As for his writings on marriage... that is the fashion among fundies. Marriage is hard work and takes a lot of time and is life changing and, did I mention, such hard work. Because, who doesn't want to be thought of as someone who works hard. Plus, they put so many artificial rules and roles on it that no one can just be themselves with their mate and work out the details themselves, so it probably does feel like a hassle and work to them.

Maybe he pisseth outside against the wall like a real manly patriarch should.

Yeah that's the only way I'd allow the toilet rug to stay. I wonder if she orders him out and tells him to "GO!!!" :lol: If he's not then I imagine that toilet rug has to be washed about every other day along with the shower curtain. It wouldn't take long for the toothpaste residue to show after someone mistakes it for a towel and wipes their mouth and hands on it upon leaving the bathroom.

I agree with other Posters that the outside of the house is cute and I cut her some slack for this being her first time living away from home but that Pink Pretty Princess bedroom is just taking it waaayy too far. I was surprised that there weren't pageant crowns decorating the horizontal surfaces or shelves. You can buy cheap ones at Walmart. I bought about ten of them for a birthday party we had for my daughter when she was six.

Lastly, why am I now humming the theme song to Green Acres?

My oldest daughter would design a room like that. She is a child, though. It looks like a little girls room not a room for a married couple.

:?

There is a cover on the toilet lid in our bathroom. It matches the shower curtain. Same thing in the kids' bathroom.

I have never been in a bathroom (in a private home) in my entire life that didn't have a cover on the toilet lid, that I can remember. I am not kidding.

Is this one of those regional things? (I currently live in the South and have for most of my life) To me the bathroom would look bare and really naked without it!

Don't really have anything to add to what has already been said, but just wanted to say that my mouth dropped when I saw both bedrooms and the bath.

A guest bedroom that is made for one or two little kids with the twin bed and the very juvenile theme and décor just seems strange for newlyweds. Perhaps ERIN is always having one or two of her little siblings come for a over night?

The master bedroom looks so delicate for a man ... a tall, muscular man like Chad. I wonder how many times he has gotten out of bed and bumped into that bedside table and knocked it over?

I'm glad that another previous poster thinks that basket at the foot of the bed has wedding cards in it, because it looked like children's books to me. But if children's books, it could be one of the few things that Erin actually owned for herself.

Interesting that Chad says he is going to make it more of a priority to pray with Erin. I thought daily bible and prayer time was the #1 priority in a fundie married life. Remember how late Smugs would be to work at the car lot because he had to lead Anna in their bible/prayer time.

I'm glad we got a glimpse inside their home ... nice of Chad to share. I wonder what Erin is saying to Alyssa and Michael about married life and if it differs from what Zach/Whit are saying?

P.S. My daughter and my son both had rooms very similar to those two bedrooms ... when they were 5 - 10.

The bedroom looks like Strawberry Shortcake's vagina. It's both reassuring and incredibly sad that Erin is EXACTLY what she has always seemed to be: prissy, self-absorbed, and a little o.c.d. (I have a mental image of her on the sofa holding a swiffer cloth, just waiting for a speck of glitter to fall off of one of the carefully coordinated ornaments and hit the floor.)

While the bedroom(s) were amazing, my favorite feature is the fake bird in the frilly cage in the living room. That bird is Erin.

Good catch on the fake bird in the birdcage. Of course, they couldn't have a real bird. Birds are messy.

I like a bit of pink in my life, but that bedroom is just way too much for me. :shock:

:?

There is a cover on the toilet lid in our bathroom. It matches the shower curtain. Same thing in the kids' bathroom.

I have never been in a bathroom (in a private home) in my entire life that didn't have a cover on the toilet lid, that I can remember. I am not kidding.

Is this one of those regional things? (I currently live in the South and have for most of my life) To me the bathroom would look bare and really naked without it!

I'm in Virginia, and I have toilet lid covers in my bathrooms, too. No tank cover, no rug on the floor surrounding the toilet, just lid covers. But I don't think it's a particularly Southern thing, my Pennsylvania relatives all have them as well. And every store I've ever been in that sells towels and bath accessories, they sell toilet lid covers, too, in every colour you could want. I'm with you, I think the bathroom looks a little bare without them. :lol:

I like a bit of pink in my life, but that bedroom is just way too much for me. :shock:

I'm in Virginia, and I have toilet lid covers in my bathrooms, too. No tank cover, no rug on the floor surrounding the toilet, just lid covers. But I don't think it's a particularly Southern thing, my Pennsylvania relatives all have them as well. And every store I've ever been in that sells towels and bath accessories, they sell toilet lid covers, too, in every colour you could want. I'm with you, I think the bathroom looks a little bare without them. :lol:

Well at least I'm not the only one! Fuzzy lids FTW! :lol:

I remember having a fuzzy toilet seat in the bathroom when I was younger. It was pink, and this was in the early 90s. Don't think I have seen another in a while.

well...Erin sure is a Princess and is getting her way,IMO! I think the bedroom is the result of the way she was brought up,not to have anything all to herself,and not to have dated guys/had bf's,or she would have known that most men wouldn't like that décor as the Patriarch.It's nice of Chad to just let her do what she wants.Hopefully it's just a passing phase,if he somewhere deep down really doesn't like it.Hopefully they can settle on some mutually agreeable décor in the future.(anything but pink?) lol.

I get the feeling that things are most always going to go Erin's way,such as names for the kids.

On the matter of working hard,I'm not sure Erin really wants to be thought of that way.I think she may be happy to be considered a Princess who is catered to by her Prince.JMO.

It is 3 colors - white, then green, then blue. I saw it on the registry, but it looks weird with the lighting. I actually like it a lot!

My jaw dropped at the pink... But if they're okay with it, who am I to judge?

I agree that Whitney and Zach appear to be adjusting better to married life.

Ahh, on my computer it looks like it's cream then 2/3 of the way down, blue.

I remember having a fuzzy toilet seat in the bathroom when I was younger. It was pink, and this was in the early 90s. Don't think I have seen another in a while.

My parents had them and my grandma had them at about that same time, but I haven't seen them since about... oh, 1996?

I get the feeling Erin is going to want their 1st child to be a GIRL,so she can go frilly to the max.Not sure how she is going to feel about a boy at all.Maybe she will just leave it to Chad to raise a son?

I can imagine zacn and whit visiting,and gasping at the bedroom! I think they are both more mature than Erin is at this point.

I agree,she could have benefited from living on her own for awhile and becoming more mature.I think their décor is reflected in the end result of what it is to be fundie,ie lack of so many things,mainly life experience.JMO.

Chad married Lady Lydia? This should be interesting. Can't wait to get a glimpse of the next 20 years...

IIRC, I believe it was mentioned here around the time of their wedding that Chad plans on going back to Oklahoma eventually. So it might not be a big deal for him to go along with the decor because he knows they will move again pretty soon, though he might have to repaint that room when they leave. I don't see the landlord (because the house has to be rented, no way do they have money to buy a house anyway) would not be keen on trying to rent out a house with a pink room.

While I have no way of definitely knowing this, my money is on that the marriage has gotten off to a disappointing if not rocky start. Between being sheltered fundies that would not allowed to live on their own before marriage, no prior relationships before marriage, no touching during courtship, first kiss at wedding and all the high expectations of marriage that fundies are raised with, I can imagine newly married life for these two is a major adjustment. Throw in the whole princess thing for Erin, who between her looks and talent got a lot of attention (she always seemed to be catered to) having to take on responsibilities for the home and having a lot more alone time has been hard. While Chad is obviously very attentive to this gorgeous woman he's married to, I wonder how long that's going to go. It's still the honeymoon phase but wonder if he's thinking about what he got into.

Maybe Chad goes to the western style guest room when they have a fight.

Fuzzy lid fans, unite! :laughing-rolling:

You are all cute :D Yes, unite and please enlighten me: is there a reason for these rugs and covers, or is it just a decorative item?

I guess my dislike for them could be called "regional". Being Scandinavian my taste is probably different from a lot of American's, "Danish Modern" or "Nordic simplicity", what ever you want to call it, is the norm here, frills and decorations without purpose (fake flowers, doilies, figurines, etc.) is pretty much considered bad taste.

Archived